Why has Sean Hannity not been fired?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 04:48:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why has Sean Hannity not been fired?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Why has Sean Hannity not been fired?  (Read 957 times)
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 05, 2022, 08:44:59 PM »

He did the exact same thing Chris Cuomo did.

Not only has he not been fired, nobody here has even made a post about this.  Why is Fox News held to a different (lower) standard than CNN?
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2022, 08:53:31 PM »

I don't recall Hannity's brother ever being governor anywhere, so I'm not sure what this "exact same thing" is.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2022, 08:57:10 PM »

I don't recall Hannity's brother ever being governor anywhere, so I'm not sure what this "exact same thing" is.

The OP is of the viewpoint that the mainstream media is conservative and that they give more leeway to Republicans, whereas the reality is that the media is driven by profits and ratings, and most journalists-aside from the conservative outlets such as Fox-are registered Democrats and identify most closely with the Democratic establishment.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2022, 08:57:49 PM »
« Edited: January 05, 2022, 09:07:36 PM by Colin Robinson Frank »

So, it's only a problem to use corporate news investigative resources if you're secretly assisting your brother, but not the (Republican) President?

Interesting situational ethics.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2022, 08:58:41 PM »
« Edited: January 05, 2022, 09:01:58 PM by Colin Robinson Frank »

The OP is of the viewpoint that the mainstream media is conservative and that they give more leeway to Republicans, whereas the reality is that the media is driven by profits and ratings, and most journalists-aside from the conservative outlets such as Fox-are registered Democrats and identify most closely with the Democratic establishment.

Another fact free opinion.  If you want to post such opinions, fine, but they are worthless.

That also had nothing to do with my reason for posting. Maybe you should learn the facts before posting and exposing your endless ignorance.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/01/05/sean-hannitys-texts-duplicity-they-reinforce/
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2022, 09:21:35 PM »

So, it's only a problem to use corporate news investigative resources if you're secretly assisting your brother, but not the (Republican) President?

If you're going to claim it's "exactly the same", then literally yes, by your own claim. People here seem to have difficulty grasping how language works. Again, what about the situation is exact that you're going to make such a comparison.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2022, 09:23:47 PM »

If you're going to claim it's "exactly the same", then literally yes, by your own claim. People here seem to have difficulty grasping how language works. Again, what about the situation is exact that you're going to make such a comparison.

I already described it and I later posted an article on it.  If you claim to know how language works, then surely you can read.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2022, 09:50:01 PM »

I already described it and I later posted an article on it.  If you claim to know how language works, then surely you can read.

Yes, you linked a paywalled article that can't be vetted or read. But I guess doing above and beyond to cement your place as one of the biggest left-wing Trumpian equivalents.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2022, 09:56:16 PM »
« Edited: January 05, 2022, 09:59:23 PM by Colin Robinson Frank »

I already described it and I later posted an article on it.  If you claim to know how language works, then surely you can read.

Yes, you linked a paywalled article that can't be vetted or read. But I guess doing above and beyond to cement your place as one of the biggest left-wing Trumpian equivalents.

It's interesting, Sean Hannity has received a subpoena, and yet you know nothing about it, but knew all about Chris Cuomo.

Here is a story:
https://thenewsmotion.com/sean-hannity-is-asked-to-cooperate-in-jan-6-inquiry-as-panel-details-texts/

The difference between me, and the Trump cult, of which you seem to be increasingly a proud member, is that I'm honest. That you fall for lies isn't my fault and it doesn't make me a liar.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2022, 10:05:31 PM »

It's interesting, Sean Hannity has received a subpoena, and yet you know nothing about it, but knew all about Chris Cuomo.

Here is a story:
https://thenewsmotion.com/sean-hannity-is-asked-to-cooperate-in-jan-6-inquiry-as-panel-details-texts/

The difference between me, and the Trump cult, of which you seem to be increasingly a proud member, is that I'm honest. That you fall for lies isn't my fault and it doesn't make me a liar.

"I know you are but what am I" response. Very Trumpian of you.

Your claim of "exactly the same" still fails given you insist on sensationalizing this with absolutes--Hannity is not covering for family, which was a major reason why Cuomo was fired--if the governor was not his brother, he'd still likely have a job. False analogies such as these are why people discount valid criticism--after awhile they're indistinguishable.

And if you knew anything, you'd already know "standards" aren't a thing at Fox in the first place, and never have been.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2022, 10:05:49 PM »

The difference between me, and the Trump cult, of which you seem to be increasingly a proud member,

Oh for f**k's sake
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2022, 10:10:57 PM »

Here is a story:

Your claim of "exactly the same" still fails given you insist on sensationalizing this with absolutes--Hannity is not covering for family, which was a major reason why Cuomo was fired--if the governor was not his brother, he'd still likely have a job. False analogies such as these are why people discount valid criticism--after awhile they're indistinguishable.

And if you knew anything, you'd already know "standards" aren't a thing at Fox in the first place, and never have been.

1.You questioned my integrity.  You should expect a response.

2.Is that why Cuomo was fired?  I thought he was fired for engaging in partisan political activities behind the scenes while claiming to be a responsible journalist.  What do you base that assertion on?

3.If Fox News has no standards, and there really is nothing here, then we should all agree to not allow it to be used as a news source.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2022, 10:11:33 PM »

The difference between me, and the Trump cult, of which you seem to be increasingly a proud member,

Oh for f**k's sake

Earlier today, I created that thread about the most personally unpleasant posters on this forum. Frank has cemented his position as belonging to that list. And for the longest while, I tried to debate with him, but it became too intolerable.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2022, 10:13:43 PM »

Oh for f**k's sake

Earlier today, I created that thread about the most personally unpleasant posters on this forum. Frank has cemented his position as belonging to that list. And for the longest while, I tried to debate with him, but it became too intolerable.

I think I'm a decent poster to people here who make interesting contributions. Since nearly all your posts are uninteresting fact free personal opinion, I can see why you'd dislike me.

I'm not interested in being an obnoxious ingratiating brown-noser.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2022, 10:15:18 PM »

Here is a story:

2.Is that why Cuomo was fired?  I thought he was fired for engaging in partisan political activities behind the scenes while claiming to be a responsible journalist.  What do you base that assertion on?

3.If Fox News has no standards, and there really is nothing here, then we should all agree to not allow it to be used as a news source.

I never use it as a new source. If I go there it's usually to see what sort of garbage narrative the right is creating to more effectively counter it here. As for point two, I highly doubt, given CNN's own poor standards, that Cuomo was the only one engaging in the sort of thing he was, and in all likelihood--while he was rightfully fired--he was the scapegoat since he also shared familial connection.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2022, 10:15:51 PM »

Trumpiters keep winning, the left keeps getting the short-end.

Not exactly helping your case.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2022, 10:18:50 PM »

Here is a story:

I never use it as a new source. If I go there it's usually to see what sort of garbage narrative the right is creating to more effectively counter it here. As for point two, I highly doubt, given CNN's own poor standards, that Cuomo was the only one engaging in the sort of thing he was, and in all likelihood--while he was rightfully fired--he was the scapegoat since he also shared familial connection.

I'm no water carrier for CNN, but do you have any evidence to back up that assertion, or are you just engaging in false equivalence?
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2022, 10:23:38 PM »

Here is a story:

I'm no water carrier for CNN, but do you have any evidence to back up that assertion, or are you just engaging in false equivalence?

https://www.npr.org/2021/12/06/1061985485/chris-cuomo-fired-cnn-siriusxm

Cuomo was criticized for breaching journalism ethics by trying to help his older brother, former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, deal with his own harassment allegations. CNN had suspended the younger Cuomo after learning that his actions were more extensive than previously thought, then fired him Saturday.

Chris Cuomo has said he was simply trying to help his brother.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2022, 10:27:39 PM »

Here is a story:

1.You questioned my integrity.  You should expect a response.

2.Is that why Cuomo was fired?  I thought he was fired for engaging in partisan political activities behind the scenes while claiming to be a responsible journalist.  What do you base that assertion on?

Cuomo was criticized for breaching journalism ethics by trying to help his older brother, former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, deal with his own harassment allegations. CNN had suspended the younger Cuomo after learning that his actions were more extensive than previously thought, then fired him Saturday.

There are a number of ways that can be interpreted. It certainly does not necessarily mean that he would not have been fired had he assisted anybody else beside his brother in the same way.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2022, 10:29:41 PM »

Here is a story:

There are a number of ways that can be interpreted. It certainly does not necessarily mean that he would have been fired had he assisted anybody else beside his brother in the same way.

I don't trust CNN enough to accept that he was the only one engaged in it--I don't trust them any more than FOX or any other media outlet. But the article here seems to strongly imply at minimum that the family connection was a major part of the termination decision .
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2022, 10:30:49 PM »

Here is a story:

2.Is that why Cuomo was fired?  I thought he was fired for engaging in partisan political activities behind the scenes while claiming to be a responsible journalist.  What do you base that assertion on?

There are a number of ways that can be interpreted. It certainly does not necessarily mean that he would have been fired had he assisted anybody else beside his brother in the same way.

I don't trust CNN enough to accept that he was the only one engaged in it--I don't trust them any more than FOX or any other media outlet. But the article here seems to strongly imply at minimum that the family connection was a major part of the termination decision .

So, are you saying that CNN is as bad as FOX?  Without providing evidence that is nothing more than false equivalence.

I also disagree that the article strongly implies that, rather than saying that he was fired for assisting unprofessionally a politician who also happened to be his brother.

Were I interested in being a nicer person here, I wouldn't mention this. But, you had previously asserted that it was a major reason for him being fired, but, now that I've challenged you on it, the best you can say is "I think one article strongly implied it."
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2022, 10:33:16 PM »

Oh for f**k's sake

I think I'm a decent poster to people here who make interesting contributions. Since nearly all your posts are uninteresting fact free personal opinion, I can see why you'd dislike me.

Define "interesting contributions".
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2022, 10:36:04 PM »

Oh for f**k's sake

You are not the only poster who believes that my contributions are worthless. Joe Republic holds the same view, and apparently, so do posters such as HCP and AtorBoltox. As I've said repeatedly, I've tried to improve myself since returning from my hiatus. Moreover, I have been praised by many posters for the electoral analysis which I've contributed about historical elections, and for the "tidbits" of electoral trivia I've provided. There are multiple ways posters can contribute to a forum such as this.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2022, 10:36:25 PM »
« Edited: January 05, 2022, 10:39:26 PM by Hammy »

Here is a story:

So, are you saying that CNN is as bad as FOX?  Without providing evidence that is nothing more than false equivalence.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/10/chris-cuomo-melissa-derosa-plotted-to-discredit-fox-news-janice-dean-sources.html

At least two other people were involved in trying to shield Cuomo from criticism. There was a lot going on at the time but I did correctly remember other names coming up. This should clarify that.

Were I interested in being a nicer person here, I wouldn't mention this. But, you had previously asserted that it was a major reason for him being fired, but, now that I've challenged you on it, the best you can say is "I think one article strongly implied it."

I'm not interested in people being nice, I'm here to argue.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2022, 10:38:44 PM »

Oh for f**k's sake

You are not the only poster who believes that my contributions are worthless. Joe Republic holds the same view, and apparently, so do posters such as HCP and AtorBoltox. As I've said repeatedly, I've tried to improve myself since returning from my hiatus. Moreover, I have been praised by many posters for the electoral analysis which I've contributed about historical elections, and for the "tidbits" of electoral trivia I've provided. There are multiple ways posters can contribute to a forum such as this.

I haven't seen any of those posts of yours.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies