Joe Manchin goes OFF on ‘out of touch with WV’ progressives, says he won’t back $3.5T bill
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 01:31:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Joe Manchin goes OFF on ‘out of touch with WV’ progressives, says he won’t back $3.5T bill
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Joe Manchin goes OFF on ‘out of touch with WV’ progressives, says he won’t back $3.5T bill  (Read 2583 times)
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 15, 2021, 07:00:35 PM »
« edited: October 15, 2021, 08:48:15 PM by Virginiá »

Looks like the $3.5T bill isn’t passing!
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2021, 07:05:23 PM »

How old are you?
This is Buzzfeed level clickbait.
Anyways most of the spending for the Build Back Better bill isn’t immediate anyways so Manchin’s argument about inflation is not as strong as he thinks it is. Of course bashing Bernie Sanders is a no brained for any politician in West Virginia.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2021, 07:05:47 PM »
« Edited: October 15, 2021, 07:14:50 PM by Progressive Pessimist »

Well, he is out of touch with the rest of the country and especially the Democratic Party.

81 million Americans voted for a different Joe, and they want to see his agenda supported and brought to fruition. And some of those people live in West Virginia.

One state (two with Sinema, I guess) really shouldn't be able to hold the entire federal government hostage. They have every right to represent their state's interests-that's why Senators are there, but it really ought not to be at the expense of the entire country, ideally.
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2021, 07:11:10 PM »
« Edited: October 15, 2021, 07:19:17 PM by I’M GONNA TOOOOOOOOM »

Most Americans do not want higher inflation in exchange for token “infrastructure” that will inevitably crumble apart due to how inept our federal government is, and they sure as hell don’t want the IRS spying on them for buying an item that costs more than $600.

Also, a significant minority of Biden voters in many states outside of West Virginia only voted for him because they were annoyed at Trump’s tweets, not because they wanted CCP style spying on their personal financial records. Many of them were duped into the hysterical fallacy that the other Joe was also a “moderate” and probably (and hopefully) regret voting for him for this exact reason. They do not want to see his Marxist-Leninist agenda brought into fruition and Senator Joe Manchin is an American hero for standing in its way.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2021, 07:12:46 PM »

This is nothing new
I am asking the mods to delete the idiotic BREAKING title
omar04

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2021, 07:30:09 PM »

The average West Virginian is apparently making 500k from the coal lobby
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2021, 07:33:09 PM »

He is the one out of touch with West Virginians, not to mention most Americans.

John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2021, 07:41:50 PM »

No more money for the black hole of infrastructure spending.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2021, 07:44:46 PM »

This was already posted in the thread on it.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2021, 07:45:59 PM »

Yes, but you see, those aren’t real West Virginians.

Real West Virginians own coal mines and coal mine accessories.

Anyway, I don’t rate this as much more than bluster. Joe Manchin is getting his pound of flesh in the form of gutting the energy portion and now he’s putting out these statements because he’s about to sign off on whatever the final bill is and he gets to claim a big win because it’s less than 3.5T.

Sinema, as always, remains the obstacle.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2021, 08:20:18 PM »

How old are you?
This is Buzzfeed level clickbait.
Anyways most of the spending for the Build Back Better bill isn’t immediate anyways so Manchin’s argument about inflation is not as strong as he thinks it is. Of course bashing Bernie Sanders is a no brained for any politician in West Virginia.

It's THG.
R.P. McM
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2021, 08:36:47 PM »

Yes, but you see, those aren’t real West Virginians.

Real West Virginians own coal mines and coal mine accessories.

Anyway, I don’t rate this as much more than bluster. Joe Manchin is getting his pound of flesh in the form of gutting the energy portion and now he’s putting out these statements because he’s about to sign off on whatever the final bill is and he gets to claim a big win because it’s less than 3.5T.

Sinema, as always, remains the obstacle.

I'll remember that next time WV needs a bailout. Whatever climate change does to that despicable, dying state, it's not my problem.
certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2021, 08:43:56 PM »
« Edited: October 15, 2021, 08:47:04 PM by SHKH. HASAN AL-BANNAH »

Most Americans do not want higher inflation in exchange for token “infrastructure” that will inevitably crumble apart due to how inept our federal government is, and they sure as hell don’t want the IRS spying on them for buying an item that costs more than $600.

Also, a significant minority of Biden voters in many states outside of West Virginia only voted for him because they were annoyed at Trump’s tweets, not because they wanted CCP style spying on their personal financial records. Many of them were duped into the hysterical fallacy that the other Joe was also a “moderate” and probably (and hopefully) regret voting for him for this exact reason. They do not want to see his Marxist-Leninist agenda brought into fruition and Senator Joe Manchin is an American hero for standing in its way.

EVERY. F*****G. TIME.

I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2021, 08:55:04 PM »

I really hope that Medicare is expanded at least.
R.P. McM

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2021, 09:04:08 PM »
« Edited: October 15, 2021, 09:13:48 PM by R.P. McM »

No offense, but I could care less about rewarding this current generation of seniors for their own despicable decisions. Climate change needs to be the priority, not comforting the comfortable, and telling the rest of us to go f**k ourselves. White Boomers don't deserve any sympathy, or any more entitlements. We can do without the Medicare provisions, but climate change is non-negotiable.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2021, 09:07:33 PM »

No offense, but I could care less about rewarding this current generation of seniors for their own despicable decisions. Climate change needs to be the priority, not comforting the comfortable, and telling the rest of us to go f**k ourselves. White boomers don't deserve any sympathy, or any more entitlements.

This is disgusting, seniors deserve full support after their hard work in life. Let's treat everybody with respect and decency regardless of their political views.
R.P. McM

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2021, 09:11:54 PM »
« Edited: October 15, 2021, 09:34:51 PM by R.P. McM »

No offense, but I could care less about rewarding this current generation of seniors for their own despicable decisions. Climate change needs to be the priority, not comforting the comfortable, and telling the rest of us to go f**k ourselves. White boomers don't deserve any sympathy, or any more entitlements.

This is disgusting, seniors deserve full support after their hard work in life. Let's treat everybody with respect and decency regardless of their political views.

Nope. Because that generation of seniors made numerous political decisions that impoverished future generations for their own immediate benefit. So what happens to them isn't my problem. Yes, in a world with infinite resources, we could worry about Boomers. But that isn't this world. They've done an awful job of leading this country, and now they just need to go away. Treating everyone with respect regardless of their political views includes Nazis, Kluxers, and MAGAts. No thanks. Accountability means that you get punished for your disgraceful political decisions. Sorry, deal with it.
ChineseConservative
Rookie
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2021, 09:22:55 PM »

No offense, but I could care less about rewarding this current generation of seniors for their own despicable decisions. Climate change needs to be the priority, not comforting the comfortable, and telling the rest of us to go f**k ourselves. White boomers don't deserve any sympathy, or any more entitlements. We can do without the Medicare provisions, but climate change is non-negotiable.

Surprisingly I largely agree with you coming from the polar opposite side of the political spectrum. Given that seniors no longer work and thereby provide zero productivity whatsoever to the USA economy and long term future, in addition to their increasing share of the USA percentage, the last thing we need is to  increase expenditures on them.
The climate and environment we live is so much more important for future generations and demands large investments. From a biological and economical standpoint the care and welfare of one's parents is second to their children.

But next time try to mask up your prejudice of "white boomers" in particular.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2021, 09:49:35 PM »

Sounds like a serious party switch risk now IMO.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2021, 09:59:21 PM »

Nope. Because that generation of seniors made numerous political decisions that impoverished future generations for their own immediate benefit. So what happens to them isn't my problem. Yes, in a world with infinite resources, we could worry about Boomers. But that isn't this world. They've done an awful job of leading this country, and now they just need to go away. Treating everyone with respect regardless of their political views includes Nazis, Kluxers, and MAGAts. No thanks. Accountability means that you get punished for your disgraceful political decisions. Sorry, deal with it.

No this is sickening. America is one country, that's not changing, so it's up to everyone to do their bit to respect others and realise that everyone has to do well for the country to succeed. The idea of punishing people who vote for politicians you disagree with is ridiculous. Purely from a political perspective, this is also stupid, and instead you have to persuade people. Show them that you will make their lives better than the Republicans would, and that government can function and be a force for good.
R.P. McM

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2021, 10:33:42 PM »
« Edited: October 16, 2021, 10:36:49 AM by R.P. McM »

No this is sickening.

No, it's the truth.

America is one country, that's not changing, so it's up to everyone to do their bit to respect others and realise that everyone has to do well for the country to succeed.

LOL. Yes, those of us who want pluralistic democracy and those of us who want a Trumpist dictatorship are the same people /s. Stop it. This isn't one country, and it hasn't been for quite some time.

The idea of punishing people who vote for politicians you disagree with is ridiculous. [...]

Oh gawd. Over and over and over again, throughout world history, people have been punished for supporting disgraceful political efforts. WTF do you think the Confederates and the Nazis represented?! Yeah, sorry, this is just politics 101 — you pay the price for advancing abominable agendas. It's democratic accountability, and it's a good thing.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2021, 10:36:45 PM »

No this is sickening.

No, it's the truth.

America is one country, that's not changing, so it's up to everyone to do their bit to respect others and realise that everyone has to do well for the country to succeed.

LOL. Yes, those of us who want pluralistic democracy and those of us who want a Trumpist dictatorship are the same people /s. Stop it. This isn't one country, and it hasn't been for quite some time.

The idea of punishing people who vote for politicians you disagree with is ridiculous. [...]

Oh gawd. Over and over and over again, throughout world history, people have been punished for supporting disgraceful political efforts. WTF do you think the Confederates and the Nazis represented?! Yeah, sorry, this is just politics 101 — you pay the price for advancing abominable viewpoints. It's democratic accountability, and it's a good thing.

You know 48% of seniors voted for Joe Biden so you would be literally punishing millions of your own voters  :

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/2021/06/30/behind-bidens-2020-victory/

Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2021, 10:57:30 PM »
« Edited: October 15, 2021, 11:01:16 PM by Hammy »

No this is sickening.

No, it's the truth.

Oh gawd. Over and over and over again, throughout world history, people have been punished for supporting disgraceful political efforts. WTF do you think the Confederates and the Nazis represented?! Yeah, sorry, this is just politics 101 — you pay the price for advancing abominable viewpoints. It's democratic accountability, and it's a good thing.

You know 48% of seniors voted for Joe Biden so you would be literally punishing millions of your own voters  :

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/2021/06/30/behind-bidens-2020-victory/

He's already shown he's perfectly willing to punish tens of millions of his own voters as long as one or two Republicans suffer in the process.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2021, 11:01:57 PM »

I think we all need to remember that age, geographic, racial, ect. cohorts don’t define individuals. Plenty of seniors have never touched a Republican, 250,000 West Virginians voted for Biden and 6,000,000 Californians voted for Trump.

Reality is allot messier than 20,000 feet overviews make it look.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2021, 11:03:58 PM »

Lol
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies