RW new sites and pundits are starting to attack the Parkland students (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 11:32:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  RW new sites and pundits are starting to attack the Parkland students (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: RW new sites and pundits are starting to attack the Parkland students  (Read 12622 times)
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« on: February 20, 2018, 01:42:17 PM »

These people have no souls. Ship them to Russia please, they'll probably like it better.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 02:21:27 PM »

As someone who is from South Florida, I can say with good authority that Parkland kids have tended to be the most preppy, arrogant, nasty, and pampered pack of kids I’ve ever encountered. Barring Boca kids at least. Up until last week my friends and I used to joke about them. My brother even bemoaned starting his job at the Jimmy Johns there because he didn’t want to work with them. The collective reputation of Parkland - and my experiences with Parkland kids - doesn’t change in spite of what happened. They in no way deserved this but I’ll be damned if a group of kids too scared to go down to MLK Blvd in Pompano to protest the regular killings of black youth due to crime/police/etc end up impacting this country’s two hundred year tradition of protecting the sanctity of our rights to bare arms.

They want to pimp out their friend’s deaths and make a statement? Well then we the people have the right to answer them. The ultimate victory of the NRA this time around will be an important life lesson for them anyway: you can’t always get what you want.

Attacking school kids because they are "arrogant, preppy and nasty" for wanting Gun control is the definition of Projection. I'm beginning to think that's all the Conservative ideology is.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 03:01:21 PM »

Sanchez is one of the people who overestimate how smart they really are. It says he's 21, thankfully he is a small minority in our age group. He's acting like a 68 year old unhinged right winger.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 03:05:42 PM »

Anyone who has to state this is obviously blaming the victims.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 03:11:38 PM »

Anyone who has to state this is obviously blaming the victims.
If only you guys would have read my post instead of screaming "TEH CHILDREN! TEH CHIDRUN!" I wouldn't have had to clarify now would I?
I'm sure you were just as erratic when talking about the transgender bathroom issue.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 03:34:17 PM »

By all means, let them defame the students and let folks like Sanchez lash out at them. This is the perfect way to catapult gun control to the political arena over the next few months.
Exactly. Give them enough rope to figuratively hang themselves.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 05:03:15 PM »

This thread is now all about Sanchez, so I'll put in my two cents. I have to say that he does have a point but it gets lost in the victim blaming and stuff. What he's trying to say is that there is a culture of bullying and hate that contributed to a declining mental state for the shooter. And while it is ironic to hear him decry this culture, it's actually right. Can we at least agree on that?

You can support gun control and want kids to treat each other better at the same time.

No, we can't. Because Sanchez hates all that 'PC crap' that is intended to tone down the very culture that gave way to that monster. It's a completely asinine position for him to take.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2018, 06:28:23 PM »

They want to pimp out their friend’s deaths and make a statement? Well then we the people have the right to answer them. The ultimate victory of the NRA this time around will be an important life lesson for them anyway: you can’t always get what you want.

Mods please ban.

You can leave. You don't have to wait until you're banned.  If you want an echo chamber, go elsewhere.
What wonderful mods we have!
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2018, 06:49:06 PM »

Mods please ban.

You can leave. You don't have to wait until you're banned.  If you want an echo chamber, go elsewhere.

Thank you. Freedom includes the freedom to be an idiot. As long as people don't post lies or attacks, I have far better things to worry about than what a random poster posts. Calling people despicable or the like may be cathartic, but it doesn't win arguments.
Freedom to be hateful sure, deleting people's post's criticizing these hateful comments but doing nothing with the hateful comments is another thing. What a Joke.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2018, 07:12:05 PM »

Mods please ban.

Thank you. Freedom includes the freedom to be an idiot. As long as people don't post lies or attacks, I have far better things to worry about than what a random poster posts. Calling people despicable or the like may be cathartic, but it doesn't win arguments.

No, you guys have completely failed to enforce a reasonable standard of discussion. Why did Runeghost get tempbanned for supposedly being obnoxious, while posters like Krazey and Sanchez are allowed to roam free and shi't up threads at will?
A complete double standard. I'm all for free speech but my god please be objective mods.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2018, 10:06:40 PM »

These students when I hear them speak give me so much hope. I think a wave is coming and these kids ain't going anywhere near conservatives.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2018, 04:44:09 PM »

Let Chairman Sanchez speak his mind. Let this not become a echo chamber here.

No, f**k diversity of opinion when it comes to s**t like this.

I've defended Sanchez in the past but enough.

free speech until it goes against what i say...
You obviously don't know the definition.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2018, 02:20:21 AM »

^ Sorry for reacting like a human being instead of a cold, unfeeling robot to kids being slaughtered and Republicans having no response but to tear their faces off and show the void within.

Once again, someone doesn't get it. Policy based upon base emotion is not sound policy at all.
That's a bunch of BS. That's just an excuse to pick the heartless position. Also it worked in Australia...unless you don't like facts.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2018, 03:35:15 AM »

"I think the the shooting was made up, and that all these kids are paid actors, and even if they are not I'm still going to mock them."

"Hmm, a strong argument sir, would you care to debate the merits of it? Perhaps over a cup of tea?"

F**k. That.
Thank you.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies