RW new sites and pundits are starting to attack the Parkland students
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 11:58:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  RW new sites and pundits are starting to attack the Parkland students
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10
Author Topic: RW new sites and pundits are starting to attack the Parkland students  (Read 12689 times)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: February 21, 2018, 02:06:44 PM »

Armed guards in school will work...until of course a guard decides to shoot up some kids.

A white teacher shooting an unruly black student because "they feared for their own safety"

A black teacher shooting a white student because of "suburban white privilege". Can't wait to see that happen. The left would eat that up.

You're a moron bronz.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #176 on: February 21, 2018, 02:18:49 PM »

You know I find it real rich that Trump supporters are calling Parkland students brainwashed and actors.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #177 on: February 21, 2018, 02:27:39 PM »

Armed guards in school will work...until of course a guard decides to shoot up some kids.

A white teacher shooting an unruly black student because "they feared for their own safety"

A black teacher shooting a white student because of "suburban white privilege". Can't wait to see that happen. The left would eat that up.

You're a moron bronz.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #178 on: February 21, 2018, 02:39:04 PM »

You're a moron bronz.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #179 on: February 21, 2018, 03:10:43 PM »

This makes me sick. The students aren't following the right's expectations that they shut up and stay quiet, so they peddle ludicrous and false stories to smear and discredit them. That's the Republican party.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #180 on: February 21, 2018, 03:20:10 PM »

I love the nationwide walkouts.  When I was in high school I would have walked out to protest a penny increase in beer or cigarette prices just to get out of school for a day.
gerritcole
goatofalltrades

« Reply #181 on: February 21, 2018, 03:24:09 PM »

Let Chairman Sanchez speak his mind. Let this not become a echo chamber here.

No, f**k diversity of opinion when it comes to s**t like this.

I've defended Sanchez in the past but enough.

free speech until it goes against what i say...
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #182 on: February 21, 2018, 04:42:19 PM »

Not everyone believes that getting to say whatever the f##k you want without condemnation is a sacred right.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #183 on: February 21, 2018, 04:44:09 PM »

You obviously don't know the definition.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #184 on: February 21, 2018, 04:46:00 PM »

Not everyone believes that getting to say whatever the f##k you want without condemnation is a sacred right.
You've condemned me plenty, just as you've been condemned plenty. Nobody cares about condemnation. What matters here is my right to say, freely, what I have on my mind and your right to wring your hands and gnash your teeth in response.

The definition of "free speech" is the right for one to speak their mind. That is the literal definition. If you don't like it, you can bitch and moan or you can leave.
Joey1996

« Reply #185 on: February 21, 2018, 04:47:37 PM »

You're a moron bronz.
mgop
« Reply #186 on: February 21, 2018, 04:57:23 PM »

that loser david hogg is professional provocateur and paid actor, it's not hard to google things
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #187 on: February 21, 2018, 05:04:06 PM »

that loser david hogg is professional provocateur and paid actor, it's not hard to google things

This is false. Although I don't necessarily agree with everything these students are advocating, it is completely uncalled for to degrade them like this. I am only a few years older than they, and I would be insulted if someone assumed that I "didn't understand" issues such as this.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #188 on: February 21, 2018, 05:43:17 PM »

This is false. Although I don't necessarily agree with everything these students are advocating, it is completely uncalled for to degrade them like this. I am only a few years older than they, and I would be insulted if someone assumed that I "didn't understand" issues such as this.

Don't give liars like mgop there the benefit of the doubt. Doing so, again and again, is how we've ended up with a nation run by the GOP with vile idiot Trump (R-Moscow) in charge. He's not degrading, or insulting or anything of the sort. He's lying in service to an agenda that seeks the destruction of our country.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #189 on: February 21, 2018, 05:47:32 PM »

Don't give liars like mgop there the benefit of the doubt. Doing so, again and again, is how we've ended up with a nation run by the GOP with vile idiot Trump (R-Moscow) in charge. He's not degrading, or insulting or anything of the sort. He's lying in service to an agenda that seeks the destruction of our country.

I am aware that he is lying. What I meant by "degrading" is that he, like many of the other far-right lunatics, are demeaning these students, using baseless grounds to attack them. Everything from calling them "delusional" to outright questioning their age and even residency status. As for President Trump, he has definitely played his part in provoking much of the partisanship which is now marring issues such as this. Things build upon one another, after all, and the recent behavior by the Republican base, as relating to these students, is proof of that.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #190 on: February 21, 2018, 05:58:09 PM »

Forgiven but not forgotten. Always forgive, it should be our calling.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #191 on: February 21, 2018, 05:58:33 PM »

You've condemned me plenty, just as you've been condemned plenty. Nobody cares about condemnation. What matters here is my right to say, freely, what I have on my mind and your right to wring your hands and gnash your teeth in response.

There is no "right" to be a rancid sh**thead on an obscure political forum. You'd be long gone if the majority of moderators on this site weren't utterly useless.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #192 on: February 21, 2018, 06:03:09 PM »

The definition of "free speech" is the right for one to speak their mind. That is the literal definition. If you don't like it, you can bitch and moan or you can leave.

I've been following this thread, and I think that you do have the right to express your views. I actually think that they carry some weight, given that you live relatively close to where this incident happened. I would say that this whole argument here, and the demeaning remarks made by both sides, is a sad testimony to how divided this country is. If people are not even able to have a rational political argument in a place such as this forum, then how will we be able to devise solutions to problems pressing on our country?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #193 on: February 21, 2018, 06:03:59 PM »

What is with some of these blue avatars on this site?
We have 17 people dead, 14 of them very young, and the drivel that comes out of their mouths is disgusting.
We had a very serious situation, and they treat it like some kind of joke.
If their kid or brother/sister was killed, I assure you they would not be talking like this.
But apparently, if it is someone else's loved one or not in their community (backyard), then their antics are OK.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #194 on: February 21, 2018, 06:07:11 PM »

Silence these petulant children!

It should be painfully obvious for every pro-gun rights advocate that discrediting, libeling, mocking, or ridiculing the survivors of a mass shooting isn't really a place you wanna go here. There's now a large-scale pro-gun control protest movement. Deal with it. And the way to deal with it is to present better arguments than they have. If you're unable to do so, then that's your problem.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #195 on: February 21, 2018, 06:27:43 PM »
« Edited: February 21, 2018, 06:31:42 PM by Doctor Imperialism »

I've been following this thread, and I think that you do have the right to express your views. I actually think that they carry some weight, given that you live relatively close to where this incident happened. I would say that this whole argument here, and the demeaning remarks made by both sides, is a sad testimony to how divided this country is. If people are not even able to have a rational political argument in a place such as this forum, then how will we be able to devise solutions to problems pressing on our country?

Seventeen kids in Florida had their brains blown out, and Sanchez is here fellating the shooter while ranting about how mean the victims probably were. And yet, somehow, there are still milquetoast Smiley Smiley Smiley bothsides Smiley Smiley Smiley drones willing to insert themselves in the middle of this and preach about how unreasonable everyone is being. Amazing.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #196 on: February 21, 2018, 09:18:39 PM »

Seventeen kids in Florida had their brains blown out, and Sanchez is here fellating the shooter while ranting about how mean the victims probably were. And yet, somehow, there are still milquetoast Smiley Smiley Smiley bothsides Smiley Smiley Smiley drones willing to insert themselves in the middle of this and preach about how unreasonable everyone is being. Amazing.

I was merely commenting on the extent of polarization in this country, as exemplified here. I would also say that "both sides" (and yes, I know that Trump used that terminology), here have made valid points. Sanchez is correct in identifying the factors behind what may have lead this shooter to commit his dirty deed. Many of you are correct in saying that solutions must be found to address these issues. I would say that there should be a multi-pronged approach to tackling this problem. It should involve a combination of increasing school security, of reforming and expanding the mental health system, and of strengthening background checks, imposing limitations on the purchase and modification of certain kinds of weapons, etc. Such an approach would be comprehensive, while at the same time staying within the realm of legal possibility.

Your post does nothing to approach this issue in a rational, logical manner. This kind of emotionalism, of ad hominem attacks, are what prevents this country from moving forward.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #197 on: February 22, 2018, 12:53:25 AM »

^ Sorry for reacting like a human being instead of a cold, unfeeling robot to kids being slaughtered and Republicans having no response but to tear their faces off and show the void within.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #198 on: February 22, 2018, 02:14:52 AM »

^ Sorry for reacting like a human being instead of a cold, unfeeling robot to kids being slaughtered and Republicans having no response but to tear their faces off and show the void within.

Once again, someone doesn't get it. Policy based upon base emotion is not sound policy at all.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #199 on: February 22, 2018, 02:20:21 AM »

Once again, someone doesn't get it. Policy based upon base emotion is not sound policy at all.
That's a bunch of BS. That's just an excuse to pick the heartless position. Also it worked in Australia...unless you don't like facts.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies