Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 03:22:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"  (Read 153827 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: July 27, 2013, 08:25:54 PM »

Lol, Texas is probably just juicing its numbers somehow.

Just put a healthy dressing on your salad and you're fine. There are plenty dressings for salads that are healthy, and no one is forcing you to put Ranch or Thousand Island on your salad instead of Italian. You're being intentionally obtuse.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #201 on: July 27, 2013, 08:32:17 PM »

What is the purpose of a salad?

And no, Oklahoma is not in the South. And yes, there is something wrong with Southern food, as you can see in this map:

I like how there's a 40% obese OK county across the Red River from an 11% obese TX county.  What cruel fate to be born on the wrong side of the river.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ojRQ15My7s
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #202 on: July 27, 2013, 08:38:21 PM »

I will admit that I have a very limited knowledge of salads and salad dressings.  I guess I always associated dressings as neutralizing the salad.  I guess that comes from not really liking salad, and not taking the time to try to like salad.  Same could be said for the rest of my taste buds.  I never, or very rarely, challenge my taste buds.  I always eat the same ole' same ole'.  It does get boring, but for some reason, I'd rather eat the familiar, even though its not real healthy, than to challenge and expand my taste buds and try the wider world of nutritious, yet delicious food.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #203 on: July 27, 2013, 08:43:24 PM »

Regarding salad, I suspect the problem may be that you have only tried iceberg lettuce, which is a flavorless, colorless excuse for food. Fresh spinach is the way to go. I eat it almost every day, either on a sandwich for lunch or as a side salad with dinner. Fresh spinach, diced cucumber, chow mein noodles and small bit of Kraft Toasted Sesame Dressing make the best salad ever.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #204 on: July 27, 2013, 08:48:20 PM »

than to challenge and expand my taste buds and try the wider world of nutritious, yet delicious food.

Bushie should get into the press release business.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #205 on: July 27, 2013, 09:03:01 PM »

I spent the first 28 years of my life in the (real) south and im not obese.

Stop making excuses bushie.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #206 on: July 27, 2013, 09:05:48 PM »

Olive oil and lemon or vinegar is all you need. Do Oklahomans even know what olive oil is?
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #207 on: July 27, 2013, 10:08:35 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2013, 10:24:19 PM by Speaker Matt »

Olive oil and lemon or vinegar is all you need. Do Oklahomans even know what olive oil is?
I don't think anyone of Mediterranean descent lives in Oklahoma, so no would be the correct answer. Damn shame, I put olive oil in everything.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #208 on: July 27, 2013, 10:23:37 PM »

Olives are supremely nasty
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #209 on: July 27, 2013, 10:25:49 PM »

Olives aren't too bad.  I prefer black olives over green olives, though.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #210 on: July 27, 2013, 10:28:04 PM »

Me and my family have a massive amount of green olives every Thanksgiving, I love them. Of course I'm an Italian, so that explains it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #211 on: July 27, 2013, 10:33:47 PM »

Me and my family have a massive amount of green olives every Thanksgiving, I love them. Of course I'm an Italian, so that explains it.

The majority of my friends have green olives as snacks on a veggie platter.  They really like them.  I don't mind one every now and then.  Its not my first choice, and I still prefer black olives.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #212 on: July 27, 2013, 10:40:59 PM »

We buy olive oil by the gallons. I use it on nearly everything, and I eat olives with breakfast and on salad. I'm a weird guy to most of you, I know, but I think I have damn good taste.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #213 on: July 27, 2013, 10:44:10 PM »

I'm going to start buttoning things up for the night.  I'm going to read a couple or three chapters in my Bible before I go to bed.  I plan to turn in within the next 30-45 minutes.  I need to be up by 06:30 for church.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #214 on: July 27, 2013, 10:44:28 PM »

But Christ Memphis, what kind of oil do you use to cook with? Olive oil is the base for nearly everything. Chicken marinades on the grill, roasted veggies, braised veggies, salad dressings. I couldn't imagine life without olive oil. The horror!
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #215 on: July 27, 2013, 11:15:10 PM »

Interesting how the obesity rates plummet immediately over the OK/AR/LA borders with Texas.

Probably because the person trying to get the data was shot.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #216 on: July 27, 2013, 11:42:06 PM »

The last few pages look pretty boring. Did Bushie find a woman yet?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #217 on: July 28, 2013, 05:39:23 AM »

Inks, people like Bushie's family save the rest of us tons of money. They drop dead frequently without taking a penny in Social Security or needing super expensive care for dementia. I guarantee that you will cost the nation far more in upkeep over your lifetime than Bushie will in his.

Your argument here doesn't really mesh with your stance on helmet laws.  You advocated for helmet use because those who don't use helmets and get hurt end up costing the taxpayers by being on the government dime.  Surely the percentage of people in motorcycle crashes without helmets and survive with disabilities is lower than the percentage of people who get diabetes and end up living to be somewhere between 40-70 and cost the government money.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #218 on: July 28, 2013, 05:43:09 AM »

As far as the pot roast.  It's southern cooking.  It's how we were raised.  We are from the SOUTH.  Nothing wrong with the cuisine of the south.

I will throw in one caveat, though.  Most of my family's food is not fried.

Lol bro, I live in the south. You live in the midwest. Don't lecture me on what is and is not southern. Tongue

But yes, it's childish not to like salad or anything healthy. I think of little kids when I read your posts about eating, whining about not being able to enjoy their weekend because you can't have pizza every night and burgers for lunch before.

I like healthy items, but I just don't care for salad.  I really don't see the big deal about salad.  Most people like it with dressing, which to me defeats the purpose of the salad.  If I eat a salad, I prefer it dry, and it has to be sans tomato and sans onion.  Carrots, cucumber, celery, lettuce are fine in the salad.  I know there are other foods to enjoy a weekend with, and we do experiment every now and then, but then again Mom and I are picky eaters, which we don't like, but is the way it is.

As far as the region goes.  Oklahoma is in the south, the midwest, and the southwest all at the same time.

I've gotta agree with Bushie on this one.  I'd call OK the South; if it's not that, it's the Southwest, but I don't think I've ever considered it the Midwest.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #219 on: July 28, 2013, 06:44:48 AM »

Inks, people like Bushie's family save the rest of us tons of money. They drop dead frequently without taking a penny in Social Security or needing super expensive care for dementia. I guarantee that you will cost the nation far more in upkeep over your lifetime than Bushie will in his.

Your argument here doesn't really mesh with your stance on helmet laws.  You advocated for helmet use because those who don't use helmets and get hurt end up costing the taxpayers by being on the government dime.  Surely the percentage of people in motorcycle crashes without helmets and survive with disabilities is lower than the percentage of people who get diabetes and end up living to be somewhere between 40-70 and cost the government money.
People with traumatic brain injuries are, far and away, the most expensive to care for. Nursing homes can cost $100,000/year, and these folks can live for decades.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #220 on: July 28, 2013, 11:54:01 AM »

I love olives.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #221 on: July 28, 2013, 11:58:27 AM »

Bushie did you apply to kohls and subway?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #222 on: July 28, 2013, 01:39:02 PM »

With Kansas City now in the picture (I talked about this earlier this season, but it got washed away in the diabetes debate), and upon consultation with Mom and Dad, I am going to re-suspend the job search until I start looking for a job in KCMO.  I plan to be in KC by June 1, 2014, so I am going to start looking for a job around Valentine's Day.  So, no, I haven't applied to either place.  And, just for the record, I don't have a ridiculous plan to go up there every 7 weeks like I had at one time for Fort Worth, but I do plan to go up there on Spring Break for a couple days and stay with my uncle who lives in Smithville (north side of Kansas City).  By the way, Kansas City replaces Fort Worth.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #223 on: July 28, 2013, 02:27:19 PM »

Olive oil is incredible... and black olives can improve just about anything. 
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #224 on: July 28, 2013, 03:17:35 PM »

With Kansas City now in the picture (I talked about this earlier this season, but it got washed away in the diabetes debate), and upon consultation with Mom and Dad, I am going to re-suspend the job search until I start looking for a job in KCMO.  I plan to be in KC by June 1, 2014, so I am going to start looking for a job around Valentine's Day.  So, no, I haven't applied to either place.  And, just for the record, I don't have a ridiculous plan to go up there every 7 weeks like I had at one time for Fort Worth, but I do plan to go up there on Spring Break for a couple days and stay with my uncle who lives in Smithville (north side of Kansas City).  By the way, Kansas City replaces Fort Worth.

i dont understand how wanting to move to kc after you complete cad prohibits you from working now?

im not going to bust your balls for not working, i just dont understand your reasoning.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies