2024 Third Party and Independent Candidate General discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 06:19:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  2024 Third Party and Independent Candidate General discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 54
Author Topic: 2024 Third Party and Independent Candidate General discussion  (Read 53541 times)
Neo-Malthusian Misanthrope
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: 1.57

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #900 on: February 05, 2024, 03:04:27 AM »

Do we have any speculation at all on who RFK would pick as VP?

I only ask because a lot of states, RFK can't collect ballots until he has a running mate. Also, his website is extremely good on the ballot access section.

https://www.kennedy24.com/ballot-access

I swear I saw somewhere (either here or Twitter) that RFK's VP announcement was slated for when he'll be in Honolulu (pointing to Tulsi), but I can't find that anymore - he was there a few weeks ago though and going to Hawaii more than once or even at all seems to be more focus than most campaigns give to the state. I always figured Tulsi would be his ideal VP choice (or at least the most prominent who would accept) - another former Democrat with "credibility"
MichaelM24
Rookie
United States

« Reply #901 on: February 05, 2024, 04:00:59 AM »

I only ask because a lot of states, RFK can't collect ballots until he has a running mate. Also, his website is extremely good on the ballot access section.

Probably Tulsi Gabbard, or Jesse Ventura, maybe someone like Dave Smith if he decides to go the libertarian route.

It's my understanding that Dave Smith endorsed Michael Rectenwald (running in the Libertarian primary), so I doubt he'd take a VP spot for an independent candidate.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #902 on: February 05, 2024, 04:27:59 AM »

Probably Tulsi Gabbard, or Jesse Ventura, maybe someone like Dave Smith if he decides to go the libertarian route.

Jesse Ventura is very pro COVID vaccine, he was featured in PSA's here in MN urging people to get the jab, I highly doubt he runs with Jr.
Octowakandi
Octosteel
United States

« Reply #903 on: February 05, 2024, 01:31:14 PM »

I swear I saw somewhere (either here or Twitter) that RFK's VP announcement was slated for when he'll be in Honolulu (pointing to Tulsi), but I can't find that anymore - he was there a few weeks ago though and going to Hawaii more than once or even at all seems to be more focus than most campaigns give to the state. I always figured Tulsi would be his ideal VP choice (or at least the most prominent who would accept) - another former Democrat with "credibility"
That would be extremely impressive if he could snag Tulsi. Has Tulsi talked about RFK at all?
Blow by blow, the passion dies
LeonelBrizola
YaBB God
Brazil

« Reply #904 on: February 05, 2024, 08:14:19 PM »

Who will be RFK's running mate?
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #905 on: February 06, 2024, 01:50:01 AM »

Jesse Ventura is very pro COVID vaccine, he was featured in PSA's here in MN urging people to get the jab, I highly doubt he runs with Jr.
He introduced Kennedy at a rally today and endorsed him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVKpfz9594U
Unbeatable Titan Susan Collins
johnzaharoff

« Reply #906 on: February 06, 2024, 01:04:39 PM »

Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #907 on: February 06, 2024, 04:36:20 PM »

He introduced Kennedy at a rally today and endorsed him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVKpfz9594U
Ventura would be the perfect running mate for RFK Jr.
More celebrity, political experience and an amazing attack dog that is ngl way better at rhetoric than RFK Jr is.
AltWorlder

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: 3.83

« Reply #908 on: February 06, 2024, 04:38:40 PM »

How far he's fallen... you can't be stealing another wrestler's entrance music!!!
ClassicElectionEnthusiast
Rookie
United States

« Reply #909 on: February 07, 2024, 01:53:32 PM »

Andrew Yang says that the RFK Jr. campaign reached out to him as a possible running mate; though it was implied that Yang was non-committal but leaning against it.
https://politicalwire.com/2024/02/07/rfk-jr-asked-andrew-yang-about-being-his-running-mate/
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #910 on: February 07, 2024, 04:23:39 PM »

Andrew Yang says that the RFK Jr. campaign reached out to him as a possible running mate; though it was implied that Yang was non-committal but leaning against it.
https://politicalwire.com/2024/02/07/rfk-jr-asked-andrew-yang-about-being-his-running-mate/

Yang's all in on Dean Philips hes been campaigning for him across the country and his former CM is Philips CM. If you watch any interviews with him he says his top priority is beating Trump and thats why the forward party isn't running any candidate or attempting to seek ballot access. After Philips drops out hell almost certainly endorse Biden
Open Source Intelligence
United States
« Reply #911 on: February 09, 2024, 09:11:45 AM »

Placeholder VP candidates are very common for 3rd parties dealing with early entry deadlines.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #912 on: February 09, 2024, 11:43:24 AM »

Hogan is running for Senate in MD, so you can rule him out for a No Labels run.
AltWorlder

Political Matrix

« Reply #913 on: February 09, 2024, 01:00:25 PM »

No Labels, more like no candidates. They're cooked. Might as well give that valuable ballot access to a RFK Jr. / Cornel West ticket since none of their prized prospects actually wants to run for them.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #914 on: February 09, 2024, 02:18:18 PM »

No Labels, more like no candidates. They're cooked. Might as well give that valuable ballot access to a RFK Jr. / Cornel West ticket since none of their prized prospects actually wants to run for them.
Or, alternatively, this could mean that Manchin has agreed to run and has cleared the field for No Labels. But I agree that No Labels is turning into Americans Elect 2.0.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #915 on: February 09, 2024, 02:22:18 PM »

https://www.semafor.com/article/02/09/2024/libertarians-could-supercharge-rfk-jrs-campaign-but-can-he-prove-hes-one-of-them

Good article by Weigel about RFK reaching out to the Libertarians and the question as to whether the Libertarians, who have become increasingly hardline over the last 8 and especially 4 years, are interested.

If RFK Jr gets the Libertarian line, he could probably make 49 or even 50 state ballots (New York State's ballot access threshold is super high, so that's the one I left as a question). Without the Libertarian line, he'll be lucky to get in the 30s of states, with some, including several of the largest states like CA, TX, and NY being basically extreme longshots.

That said, if he does take the Libertarian line, he may well be stuck with some rando as his running mate and they may force him to change some views to meet their litmus tests to get the nomination. It's going to be hard for a career environmental lawyer to win over activists of a party that doesn't think that environmental law should be a thing.
AltWorlder

Political Matrix

« Reply #916 on: February 10, 2024, 02:42:57 AM »

Or, alternatively, this could mean that Manchin has agreed to run and has cleared the field for No Labels. But I agree that No Labels is turning into Americans Elect 2.0.

He doesn't seem to be taking it seriously it so far. Just a couple of guys yukking it up

It's insane that all of these guys are so old. RFK Jr. just turned 70, Cornel West is 70, Jill Stein is 73, this really is a gerontocracy. Maybe the Libertarians are onto something.
Redban

« Reply #917 on: February 10, 2024, 09:28:45 AM »

DNC filed lawsuit against RFK Jr campaign,  claiming they’re breaking laws by using a super-PAC to get signatures. The DNC says RFk Jr and his campaign have to gather signatures, not a super-PAC

RfK Jr responds that the DNC is just looking for anything to get the attention away from the brutal special counsel report. I’m inclined to believe RFK jr. And the superpac says they are working independently from RFK Jr and his campaign too

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13067177/rfk-jr-dnc-accused-violating-election-laws-bidens-disastrous-day.html
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #918 on: February 10, 2024, 09:31:32 AM »

DNC filed lawsuit against RFK Jr campaign,  claiming they’re breaking laws by using a super-PAC to get signatures. The DNC says RFk Jr and his campaign have to gather signatures, not a super-PAC

RfK Jr responds that the DNC is just looking for anything to get the attention away from the brutal special counsel report. I’m inclined to believe RFK jr. And the superpac says they are working independently from RFK Jr and his campaign too

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13067177/rfk-jr-dnc-accused-violating-election-laws-bidens-disastrous-day.html

The DNC is full of roo gas.

If they truly cared about superpacs, they would have tried to overturn Citizens United.

The DNC is just trying to crush opposition.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #919 on: February 10, 2024, 09:43:48 AM »

RFK's candidacy also loses a lot of its 'luster' going from an Independent line to a Libertarian line, for those that are inclined to vote 3rd party.
ReallySuper
El Salvador

Political Matrix
E: -8.06, S: -7.39

« Reply #920 on: February 10, 2024, 08:13:24 PM »

this is the latest ballot access for the green party/jill stein. the yellow states' window for petitioning hasnt opened yet. oklahoma is the infamously difficult state requiring either 35k signatures or a $35k filing fee. jill is also slowly but surely on her way to matching funds (she needs $5,000 in small donations from 20 states; she has met that in 6 states already and the next 13 are all over $2,500)

🇺🇦 Purple 🦄 Unicorn 🇮🇱
Purple Unicorn
Germany

« Reply #921 on: February 11, 2024, 10:27:32 AM »

this is the latest ballot access for the green party/jill stein. the yellow states' window for petitioning hasnt opened yet. oklahoma is the infamously difficult state requiring either 35k signatures or a $35k filing fee. jill is also slowly but surely on her way to matching funds (she needs $5,000 in small donations from 20 states; she has met that in 6 states already and the next 13 are all over $2,500)

Her map only shows 19 states + DC with ballot access, not 20 as she claims ...
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #922 on: February 11, 2024, 01:04:37 PM »

Don’t be pedantic. She clearly counted DC as a state. It’s easier than saying “we’re on the ballot in 19 states and one federal district.”
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #923 on: February 11, 2024, 05:04:25 PM »

Don’t be pedantic. She clearly counted DC as a state. It’s easier than saying “we’re on the ballot in 19 states and one federal district.”
The green party’s official chapter in DC is the “Statehood Party”
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #924 on: February 11, 2024, 05:34:57 PM »

She's senile!
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 54  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies