PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 03:21:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 286841 times)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #75 on: September 04, 2022, 07:13:34 PM »

Trump only appealing to the base is the feature, not the bug. Oz does not possess the confidence of Trump's base.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #76 on: September 04, 2022, 07:15:45 PM »

Fetterman must synthesize the link between Appalachian’s opiate crisis and Kensington’s. Urban Puerto Ricans swung towards Trump (or rather, Trump engaged otherwise apathetic voters) in part because he emphasized opiates+gun violence. I don’t think Oz possesses the political capital to hit Fetterman on crime however imo it’s better to sniff that out before it begins. Kenyatta said it best in the primary debate: “What about Philly”?

Quote from:  Donald Trump last night in Wilkes-Barre
Just recently announced, retail theft is up 59% from last year. There have been more than 750 carjackings this year. Anybody have a nice car? Because you’re not going to have it long. More than triple the average for 2010 to 2019, and it’s heading way up, heading up in other cities that are run by Democrats also. Instead of trying to demonize half of the population, Biden and congressional Democrats should focus on stopping the killing and the bloodshed in Philadelphia and every other Democrat-run city in America, where record death and destruction is taking place every single day.

I got some Enron stock to sell y'all if you still think conservatives view the Lockean social contract (Blackstone's ratio in this particular instance) as an absolute good vis a vis merely the most convenient means (for now) to perpetuate their perceived material and sociological needs. Oz is still a clown, however Fetterman will need to substantially refute these charges if he wants NEPA's legions of Mutts Mets fans who might not buy his carpetbagger appeals.

Mark Canha haunts your dreams.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #77 on: September 04, 2022, 07:35:24 PM »

Trump only appealing to the base is the feature, not the bug. Oz does not possess the confidence of Trump's base.

Apparently, the rally attendees were more enthusiastic for Mastriano than they were for Oz, and Trump referred to Oz as "that guy" after the latter had finished giving his stump speech. I wouldn't be surprised if Oz underperforms Mastriano in the rural, heavily Republican base areas in November, while slightly outperforming him in Philadelphia and its suburbs.

I will add that I also believe that while Oz/Trump rallies will help Oz will a lot of voters, they will not save him from his horrible approval numbers or the very easy-to-see perception that he is a fraud.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2022, 01:06:56 PM »

Dr. Oz literally killed puppies. Very bad!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2022, 08:08:10 PM »
« Edited: October 25, 2022, 08:19:33 PM by KaiserDave »

The debate was bad for Fetterman.

But I'm going to focus on right now the seething hatred for disabled people in this thread, shame on you all. I'm not sure how you look yourselves in the mirror and be comfortable with what you see, with your disgusting, utterly revolting attacks on some of the most vulnerable in our society, and people in recovery. Shame, shame on you. Some of you posters are need to seriously consider the value of empathy, or at least not being such superfluously nasty creatures.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2022, 08:22:27 PM »

Oz definitely won the debate there's no doubt about it in my mind. Will it matter? It's certainly possible. I'm just totally disgusted with the strange nasty people here on Atlas who seem to think its a good use of their time to insult disabled people and those in recovery on the internet. Have you ever had a friend, or a relative, who had a stroke, or a stutter, who is autistic, or a disability? Just, have basic empathy, or at least keep your nastiness to yourself. Shame, shame on you.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2022, 08:28:58 PM »

Oz definitely won the debate there's no doubt about it in my mind. Will it matter? It's certainly possible. I'm just totally disgusted with the strange nasty people here on Atlas who seem to think its a good use of their time to insult disabled people and those in recovery on the internet. Have you ever had a friend, or a relative, who had a stroke, or a stutter, who is autistic, or a disability? Just, have basic empathy, or at least keep your nastiness to yourself. Shame, shame on you.

Fetterman isn't applying to flip burgers at McDonalds, he's applying to be a Senator of the United States - one of the most important jobs in the world.  If he can't speak or comprehend words, he has absolutely no business in this election and its shameful that him (and probably mainly, his wife) are so deluded and power hungry they'd force this issue instead of doing the common sense thing and dropping out.

Fetterman will recover, Oz will still be an un-empathetic nasty snake oil salesman in November. And heck, I guarantee you there's been US Senators in the past who have it worse than John who've been just fine.

And even, even if you were right, it would not justify your disgusting comments.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2022, 08:53:45 PM »

However this plays out, speaking as someone who was a pretty vocal Lamb supporter in the primary, if you gave me the choice between letting the chips fall where they may with Fetterman or a guaranteed Lamb victory, at this point I’d choose the former even with the risk of Oz winning.  Fetterman is going to be a phenomenal Senator if/when he wins and needless bed-wedding and gleefully sociopathic ableism aside, he’s probably still going to win.  Both candidates did pretty badly for very different reasons and while I doubt either candidate won over any swing voters, it’ll likely be a wash when all is said and done.

I know I had arguments on Fetterman with you around mid 2021 where you'd probably take my side now, but now you're more optimistic than me! That's neat. Gosh I hope you're right.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2022, 09:50:44 PM »

He didn't, but okay.

Oz clearly won. You could bottle the Dem cope in this thread.

No, he didn't. Nobody "won" the debate.

I mean "win" in the sense that that is how voters will perceive it.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2022, 01:56:55 PM »

Pathetic the way some are trying so hard to push this poor guy across the finish line when clearly he isn't well.

Please stop the disingenuous concern schtick. It's an insult.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies