Election 2018 Open Thread - Part 1
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:59:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Election 2018 Open Thread - Part 1
« previous next »
Thread note

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 ... 179
Author Topic: Election 2018 Open Thread - Part 1  (Read 209623 times)
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2550 on: November 07, 2018, 04:18:23 PM »

Plus ballots in the mail postmarked by yesterday.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2551 on: November 07, 2018, 04:21:49 PM »

Ugh, the waiting game...
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2552 on: November 07, 2018, 04:23:15 PM »

Remember how long it took Orange County to finish counting the primary and determine that Rouda had made the runoff.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2553 on: November 07, 2018, 04:23:57 PM »

They might be including that in their estimates, but, if not, that's probably around 100,000 or so ballots.

Easily enough to make the difference. Has everyone forgotten the CA primaries this year where the Dem candidate totals increased by 2-3 points everywhere over the week after primary day, saving the Democrats from what looked like would be D shut-outs in CA-10 and CA-48?
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2554 on: November 07, 2018, 04:24:15 PM »

Remember how long it took Orange County to finish counting the primary and determine that Rouda had made the runoff.

We are looking at until after Thanksgiving at the earliest, maybe early December.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #2555 on: November 07, 2018, 04:27:26 PM »

Big relief that Tester survived.

McCaskill, Donnelly, Hubbell, and Cordray losing sucks, but it's nothing we wouldn't have expected a few weeks ago. It's looking like Florida (of course) was the only truly toxic spot for Dems.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2556 on: November 07, 2018, 04:31:21 PM »

With Tester's survival, Dem House pickups in CA, WA, UT, and AZ, Wacky Jacky's defeat of UTDH, Nevada's having a Dem trifecta (not to mention a unanimous hold on the row offices!) and a nearly unanimous congressional delegation, and the very likely possibility of a Senator Sinema, I'd HATE to be a Republican west of the Great Plains right now.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

« Reply #2557 on: November 07, 2018, 04:35:31 PM »

With Tester's survival, Dem House pickups in CA, WA, UT, and AZ, Wacky Jacky's defeat of UTDH, Nevada's having a Dem trifecta (not to mention a unanimous hold on the row offices!) and a nearly unanimous congressional delegation, and the very likely possibility of a Senator Sinema, I'd HATE to be a Republican west of the Great Plains right now.

Cory Gardner is very afraid right now.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2558 on: November 07, 2018, 04:36:12 PM »

LOL, 55 seats for the Republicans.

That is ing embarrassing for the Democrats.

Literally embarrassing.

55 is a worst case scenario. Montana is probably going D, and Arizona and Florida aren't over yet.

As I said to Zaybay.... read. Tester lost.

I’ve heard all night in all these different races “BUT LOOK WHERE THE OUTSTANDING VOTES ARE FROM!!!!” - rip the bandaid off. It’s over

You're really bad at this "predictions" thing. You should probably quit while you're behind.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2559 on: November 07, 2018, 04:37:12 PM »

If they call it for Sinema, Gardner should announce his retirement immediately.  If Arizona of all places elects a Dem to the Senate, Gardner is more DOA than Doug Jones.

I mean, you can't sugarcoat it.  Republicans got absolutely massacred in the West last night.  Herrera-Buetler and Hunter were the GOP's only bright spots.  Possibly one of Young Kim or Mimi Walters too, but that's about it.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

« Reply #2560 on: November 07, 2018, 04:38:49 PM »

If they call it for Sinema, Gardner should announce his retirement immediately.  If Arizona of all places elects a Dem to the Senate, Gardner is more DOA than Doug Jones.

Plus Arizona's second Senate seat is open in 2020.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2561 on: November 07, 2018, 04:39:02 PM »

This board and twitter seem to be at odds regarding Arizona

Psephologists seem to think McSally will win by slight margin
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2562 on: November 07, 2018, 04:39:33 PM »

This board and twitter seem to be at odds regarding Arizona

Psephologists seem to think McSally will win by slight margin
Source?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #2563 on: November 07, 2018, 04:39:40 PM »

Why is ME-02 so slow? Only 46% in on CNN.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2564 on: November 07, 2018, 04:39:47 PM »

As he should for wanting to ban condoms.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2565 on: November 07, 2018, 04:42:22 PM »

Still a crappy result, but not as disgusting as yesterday night ...

It's only "crappy" in your eyes because your prediction was delusionally optimistic and completely out of the bounds of reality. Your posts on Tennessee were insufferable. Blackburn was always going to win.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #2566 on: November 07, 2018, 04:45:25 PM »

Did Barbara Cegavske lose? NYT still has her up under 1pt with 99% in.
The Undefeatable Debbie Stabenow
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -5.43

P P
« Reply #2567 on: November 07, 2018, 04:45:37 PM »
« Edited: November 07, 2018, 04:49:38 PM by slightlyburnttoast »

Anyone have an idea as to the final results in GA-06 or GA-07? Currently, McBath is up 1.0% and Woodall is up 0.4%.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2568 on: November 07, 2018, 04:47:25 PM »

^Seriously. He thought IN and MO were far less likely to flip than TX/TN/even ND(?).

Anyway, it’s certainly true that no one should be counted out two years before an election, but things really aren’t looking good for Cory Gardner, Doug Jones, and Steve Daines right now.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

« Reply #2569 on: November 07, 2018, 04:48:41 PM »

^Seriously. He thought IN and MO were far less likely to flip than TX/TN/even ND(?).

Anyway, it’s certainly true that no one should be counted out two years before an election, but things really aren’t looking good for Cory Gardner, Doug Jones, and Steve Daines right now.

Though who decides to run in MT heavily affects Daines' prospects.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2570 on: November 07, 2018, 04:52:35 PM »

Safe R if anybody but Bullock or Schweitzer. Lean with bullock and I have no ing clue with Schweitzer as he has more #populism in him than Jon tester.
The Undefeatable Debbie Stabenow
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -5.43

P P
« Reply #2571 on: November 07, 2018, 04:53:15 PM »

Nevada did it again, with Rosen and Sisolak winning pretty handily and outperforming Clinton and Cortez Masto.

But I'm sure that in four years we'll all be panicking about Cortez Masto polling within the margin of error.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

« Reply #2572 on: November 07, 2018, 04:56:34 PM »

Safe R if anybody but Bullock or Schweitzer. Lean with bullock and I have no ing clue with Schweitzer as he has more #populism in him than Jon tester.

Ideally I'd hope Bullock runs for reelection (or dare I say President?!), while Schweitzer runs for Senate. There'd be less to lose since Schweitzer doesn't currently hold a public office.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2573 on: November 07, 2018, 04:59:45 PM »

Nevada did it again, with Rosen and Sisolak winning pretty handily and outperforming Clinton and Cortez Masto.

But I'm sure that in four years we'll all be panicking about Cortez Masto polling within the margin of error.

Four years? I bet within a few months we'll get a SurveyMonkey or Reuters poll showing Trump up in Nevada, and Atlas will rate it lean R and the most likely Clinton state to flip because SURELY the polls won't overestimate Republicans in Nevada THIS TIME! The entire past decade was a fluke!

The ride never ends.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2574 on: November 07, 2018, 05:01:45 PM »

Probably, but I think people really underestimate how vulnerable he is. He only won in 2014 because of a perfect storm (Baucus retirement, Walsh's plagiarism scandal, GOP wave, wrong Democratic candidate for the state, national Dems not prioritizing the race, etc.) which likely won’t be replicated in 2020. I have a hard time seeing him beating Steve Bullock, honestly.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 ... 179  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies