Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:34:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 ... 97
Author Topic: Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread  (Read 146664 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2200 on: May 11, 2020, 02:16:28 PM »

Biden is doing GMA tomorrow, so I'm going to assume it comes up at some point.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #2201 on: May 11, 2020, 06:13:29 PM »
« Edited: May 11, 2020, 06:38:11 PM by Progressive Pessimist »

I think it's safe to call this story dead.
I wouldn’t be so presumptuous, you and I both know the GOP would love to see this drag on.

It's probably safe to say that at best it's on life support at this point.

Let's not count all of our chickens before they hatch yet. People said this last week only for the story to gain a little more life again a week later. This story will never truly be dead after it already came out, it will always linger in the shadows for Biden's campaign. It will only be at its weakest, most irrelevant possible when the media loses interest, which certainly could happen. We might be on the trajectory for it. I'm just not entirely convinced.
Bomster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.13, S: -7.95

P P
« Reply #2202 on: May 12, 2020, 12:49:02 AM »
« Edited: May 12, 2020, 01:54:05 AM by Bomster »

I wouldn’t be so presumptuous, you and I both know the GOP would love to see this drag on.

It's probably safe to say that at best it's on life support at this point.

Let's not count all of our chickens before they hatch yet. People said this last week only for the story to gain a little more life again a week later. This story will never truly be dead after it already came out, it will always linger in the shadows for Biden's campaign. It will only be at its weakest, most irrelevant possible when the media loses interest, which certainly could happen. We might be on the trajectory for it. I'm just not entirely convinced.
Exactly. It’s going to haunt us until November and it will hand the election to Donald “grab em by the p****y” Trump because life is a farce and it’s foolish to have hope when it can be crushed on a whim. I know I can’t handle a second Trump term mentally so I’m preparing by utterly crushing any hope of Biden winning in my mind. That’s just how I’m coping.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2203 on: May 12, 2020, 01:32:35 AM »

You're jinxing it, Grassr00ts. Stop jinxing it.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #2204 on: May 12, 2020, 01:50:46 AM »

We really need some major media outlet to get on the case about Reade’s long history of criminal dishonesty in order to permanently put this story to rest.  She needs to be definitely proven to be a lifelong fraud and compulsive liar.
Hollywood
« Reply #2205 on: May 12, 2020, 02:24:18 AM »

We really need some major media outlet to get on the case about Reade’s long history of criminal dishonesty in order to permanently put this story to rest.  She needs to be definitely proven to be a lifelong fraud and compulsive liar.

That's a great way to breath life into the story while creating a divide between the establishment Democrats and MeToo supporters.  Exactly the opposite needs to be done. The media will passively cover it in a limited manner, ignoring it when ever possible.  Then they'll quickly pivot to a new story, and completely ignore Tara Reade.  They did it 9 months ago with the Tara Reade story.

I don't even think it's possible to make her out to be a liar. A Harris Poll indicates that 65% of voters believe Tara Reade, including 63% of Independents and 36% of Democrats.  Why?  Cause there's videos all over the internet of Joe Biden groping women.  I said it over and over again during the primary, because it was obvious that this issue and others would sink his campaign.  It doesn't matter if someone says something happened, or if someone is painted as a liar.  I and others saw Biden sexually grope other women on video.  Worst of all, Biden can't even talk his way out of it anymore.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=131&v=aqMFHu3nMgA&feature=emb_title
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2206 on: May 12, 2020, 05:14:54 AM »

That's a great way to breath life into the story while creating a divide between the establishment Democrats and MeToo supporters.  Exactly the opposite needs to be done. The media will passively cover it in a limited manner, ignoring it when ever possible.  Then they'll quickly pivot to a new story, and completely ignore Tara Reade.  They did it 9 months ago with the Tara Reade story.

I don't even think it's possible to make her out to be a liar. A Harris Poll indicates that 65% of voters believe Tara Reade, including 63% of Independents and 36% of Democrats.  Why?  Cause there's videos all over the internet of Joe Biden groping women.  I said it over and over again during the primary, because it was obvious that this issue and others would sink his campaign.  It doesn't matter if someone says something happened, or if someone is painted as a liar.  I and others saw Biden sexually grope other women on video.  Worst of all, Biden can't even talk his way out of it anymore.

I'm sorry what? What Harris poll? There hasn't been a new Harris poll recently, and there's no way in hell any poll would show 65% of voters believe Reade. I'm reporting you for spreading false information.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #2207 on: May 12, 2020, 05:38:52 AM »

Bingo.

This is far from over. The amazing thing about the story is how most of the Democratic Party react to sexual assault on political grounds.

Great in words. Poor in action. The response from the senior Democrats to this affair makes perfect fodder for the election campaign.

I actually believe Joe Biden made a move on Tara Reade to start an affair. And given his confidence as the sexual assault occurred, it looks as though he may have done it before 1993.

Her story was pretty strange, but had some elements that made sense in terms of Joe Biden's behaviour afterwards.

It will be interesting to see if Joe Biden has had any other issues with 'touching' women since 1993.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2208 on: May 12, 2020, 06:28:55 AM »

Bingo.

This is far from over. The amazing thing about the story is how most of the Democratic Party react to sexual assault on political grounds.

Great in words. Poor in action. The response from the senior Democrats to this affair makes perfect fodder for the election campaign.

I actually believe Joe Biden made a move on Tara Reade to start an affair. And given his confidence as the sexual assault occurred, it looks as though he may have done it before 1993.

Her story was pretty strange, but had some elements that made sense in terms of Joe Biden's behaviour afterwards.

It will be interesting to see if Joe Biden has had any other issues with 'touching' women since 1993.

On the bolded - I do too.

One detail (that people neglect) is that Biden allegedly said, “ Come on, man, I heard you liked me.” That line would suggest that there might’ve been some kind of history, or some whisperings or rumors in the office that she had a crush on him. Or maybe her behavior led Biden on. Basically, there might’ve been something that could have given Biden the idea that she liked him. So in his mind, he was just making the first move, not committing rape. This guess sounds more credible than the idea that he just randomly put his hands on her one day. It’s more likely that something built up to it.

I literally have not heard that quote anywhere.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2209 on: May 12, 2020, 06:47:24 AM »

I literally have not heard that quote anywhere.

Hollywood
« Reply #2210 on: May 12, 2020, 07:00:52 AM »

I'm sorry what? What Harris poll? There hasn't been a new Harris poll recently, and there's no way in hell any poll would show 65% of voters believe Reade. I'm reporting you for spreading false information.

This is the video of the poll.  Such a snowflake.
Granite City
Rookie
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -0.39, S: -2.61

« Reply #2211 on: May 12, 2020, 07:22:30 AM »

[/quote]

Wow... what a dunk you got there. A FiveThirtyEight C+ pollster found that among those who are "closely following" a story that gets its coverage primarily from anti-Biden outlets, still over a 1/3 believe Biden.

You claimed it was 65% of voters as well, so you own "evidence" contradicts you.
Hollywood
« Reply #2212 on: May 12, 2020, 07:41:12 AM »

Bingo.

I don't know if Tara Reade's story is true.  I haven't looked into it.   I simply believe Joe Biden would grope a young woman because I posted videos of him doing it to the forum during Primary season.  This whole situation was completely avoidable if they had properly vetted him a year ago.  They'll scream "Grab'm by the P-word" as if that'll solve the problem that naturally arises when you represent the party that crucially relies on female voters showing up to the polls.  What's their solution?  Destroy her.  Some Democrats just don't understands that those actions will not fly so soon after Kavanaugh.  

Could there be others with similar claims?  I've always had a sneaky suspicion that he's got a pile of skeletons in his closet, and I know some Democrats have been worried about that for at least a year.
Hollywood
« Reply #2213 on: May 12, 2020, 08:01:53 AM »

Wow... what a dunk you got there. A FiveThirtyEight C+ pollster found that among those who are "closely following" a story that gets its coverage primarily from anti-Biden outlets, still over a 1/3 believe Biden.

You claimed it was 65% of voters as well, so you own "evidence" contradicts you.
[/quote]

Are you angry that it wasn't exactly a third?  I did the math, and you're right.  Then I did it again to make sure. 65% of 100% leaves me with 35%.  I've done it over and over.  35% believe Biden, and the vast 65% majority believe Tara Reade.  I guess Joe Biden is off the hook. 

BTW... there are other polls out there showing more and more people choosing to believe Tara Reade.  I think you should make your peace with it and figure out how to respond instead of playing Nancy Nitpick. 
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2214 on: May 12, 2020, 08:04:02 AM »

Strong response from Biden.

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2215 on: May 12, 2020, 08:05:03 AM »

Are you angry that it wasn't exactly a third?  I did the math, and you're right.  Then I did it again to make sure. 65% of 100% leaves me with 35%.  I've done it over and over.  35% believe Biden, and the vast 65% majority believe Tara Reade.  I guess Joe Biden is off the hook. 

BTW... there are other polls out there showing more and more people choosing to believe Tara Reade.  I think you should make your peace with it and figure out how to respond instead of playing Nancy Nitpick. 
[/quote]

You're NOT right, because it was 65% of people who 'are following it very closely', which is probably a lot of Republicans. Secondly, most legitimate pollsters have found about a wash in people who believe/don't believe the allegations. STOP trolling.
Granite City
Rookie
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2216 on: May 12, 2020, 08:05:31 AM »

[/quote]

You claimed 65% of voters believe Tara Reade. Your "evidence" was a poll of "close followers".
Hollywood
« Reply #2217 on: May 12, 2020, 08:25:17 AM »

You claimed 65% of voters believe Tara Reade. Your "evidence" was a poll of "close followers".
[/quote]

So what?  That's still really bad.  If more I engage someone with information, the more closely they'll follow the story.  If they closely follow the story, Joe Biden could have a problem.  It's just an interesting fact that can be used for political offense and defense.  I'm not trying to hide the ball from you, or get one by.   
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2218 on: May 12, 2020, 08:31:05 AM »

So what?  That's still really bad.  If more I engage someone with information, the more closely they'll follow the story.  If they closely follow the story, Joe Biden could have a problem.  It's just an interesting fact that can be used for political offense and defense.  I'm not trying to hide the ball from you, or get one by.   
[/quote]

You clearly were, because you were being misleading about the poll. "Follows very closely" is likely to basically be every Republican in the poll who is going to say yes they believe Reade regardless.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2219 on: May 12, 2020, 08:32:00 AM »

Don't feed the troll, folks.
Granite City
Rookie
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2220 on: May 12, 2020, 08:38:24 AM »

[/quote]

1. Lying is bad, you lied about your evidence for your own narrative.

2. The "close followers" are likely a small minority, see here; https://docs.cdn.yougov.com/wllghb6lp9/20200506_yahoo_coronavirus_crosstabs.pdf

Only 47% of respondents by last week (where it got the most coverage) had heard ANYTHING about Reade. I would estimate that only about 25% respondents are "close followers" and that is being generous as I'm using the proportion of those who are following coronavirus "very closely" rather than "somewhat" and I would guess that people care more about COVID-19 than Reade.

Reade has got plenty of mainstream attention but the story is unquestionably being pushed by very anti-Biden outlets on the left and right and so are likely where the "very close followers" are learning the information from - hence the 53% of Republicans (excluding "Don't Knows") believing it. It is actually quite impressive that Biden still has 37% among "close followers" from an R-leaning mediocre quality pollster.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #2221 on: May 12, 2020, 08:46:42 AM »

Yet a recent Morning Consult poll also showed Biden would still destroy trump among voter that hate both of them. 46 percent say they’d back Biden if the election were held today, compared to 14 percent who would vote for Trump."

To me that just show that even among the 65 percent who actually believe Tara would still vote for Biden over Trump lol     

also in 1992 many american believed the sexual allegation against Bill Clinton
In 2016 polls showed the Most american believed trump had assaulted woman

the amercan people still voted for both them and they won because by the end of the day these famous words sum up what this election is all about

Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #2222 on: May 12, 2020, 11:35:47 AM »

One detail (that people neglect) is that Biden allegedly said, “ Come on, man, I heard you liked me.” That line would suggest that there might’ve been some kind of history, or some whisperings or rumors in the office that she had a crush on him. Or maybe her behavior led Biden on.

Yup. That part of her story was very believable.

The only difference between Monica Lewinsky and Tara Reade......

Actually, let me rephrase that.

I think the culture in the White House at the time was a little risque towards women.

Tara Reade also touched on that.

Gropy Joe most likely had previous young women under his spell at some stage before these events took place.

Joe Biden did the right thing in one way because he backed off when told and did not pursue her again.

And then he fired her.

Her story does sound legit, and her memory of the most critical parts were very accurately detailed.

roxas11
United States

« Reply #2223 on: May 12, 2020, 11:41:49 AM »

One detail (that people neglect) is that Biden allegedly said, “ Come on, man, I heard you liked me.” That line would suggest that there might’ve been some kind of history, or some whisperings or rumors in the office that she had a crush on him. Or maybe her behavior led Biden on.

Yup. That part of her story was very believable.

The only difference between Monica Lewinsky and Tara Reade......

Actually, let me rephrase that.

I think the culture in the White House at the time was a little risque towards women.

Tara Reade also touched on that.

Gropy Joe most likely had previous young women under his spell at some stage before these events took place.

Joe Biden did the right thing in one way because he backed off when told and did not pursue her again.

And then he fired her.

Her story does sound legit, and her memory of the most critical parts were very accurately detailed.

wrong

this is completely contradicted by the actual 1996 court documents.

it shows that Reade struck a deal with the chief of staff of the Senator’s office and left her position.”
she was never fired and left of her own free will

again had she simply told the truth from the start instead of lying about being fired
she could just as easily have said that she got fed up with the harassment and decided to leave

Instead she tells a lie about Biden having her fired and it ends up hurting her credibility while also making the people who support her look foolish
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2224 on: May 12, 2020, 11:44:25 AM »

Can you guys stop feeding the Republican trolls?

Meclazine, Redban, and Hollywood are all Republican hacks and are only here to rile you up and make this story seem worse than it is.  They're trying to re-write this story by ignoring the last 92 pages of information.  Obviously their posts are a bunch of lies.  And when you point out the lies, they'll laugh in your face, and then repeat the lies on the next page.  It's the Atlas Trump hack playbook and honestly the mods should just ban them like they banned RussianBear for pulling the same stunt.  It's really obnoxious.  Just don't waste your time.

Tara Reade has been totally discredited.  Every day there is more evidence coming out that she's lying.  I don't even bother to post it anymore.  For instance she just recently changed her story about what she was wearing, now she was wearing crotchless lingerie because she was seeing her boyfriend later.  What?  Not only does that contradict her earlier story about not wearing pantyhose because it was too hot for it (which also made no sense) but it's also ludicrous to think she would wear crotchless lingerie and a skirt in a capitol hill work environment.

All the young Bernie supporters on the internet are going to say they believe her and cry crocodile tears about how he's a rapist, not because they actually believe it, but because saying they believe it is socially advantageous.
Similarly there are a lot of #MeToo folks who feel like they have to say they believe it even though they don't.
All the Republicans are going to say they believe it, because they'd say yes to any negative thing you ask them about any Democrat.  Ask them whether Joe Biden is a heroin addict and 90% of Republicans would say yes.

The fact that dumb people are saying they believe this story has no impact on Biden's actual chances.  Biden's sitting at about 47% in a 1-1 vs. Trump in betting odds, and consistently beating him in polls.  Those are the only numbers that matter.  If 95% of Democratic voters say they believe Joe Biden is a rapist, but he is still beating Trump by 6%, then why does it matter?  Clearly those people are lying because if they actually believed he was a rapist they wouldn't still be voting for him.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 ... 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies