Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 03:07:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97
Author Topic: Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread  (Read 147032 times)
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2250 on: May 15, 2020, 04:05:05 PM »

That’s devastating right there. My last post on this subject mysteriously disappeared, but I really think the Biden team needs to push the crazy b**ch narrative harder. This is definitely a good start.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2251 on: May 15, 2020, 04:33:36 PM »

That’s devastating right there. My last post on this subject mysteriously disappeared, but I really think the Biden team needs to push the crazy b**ch narrative harder. This is definitely a good start.

The Biden Team should do no such thing. The Biden Team is doing exactly the right thing at the moment regarding this story.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2252 on: May 15, 2020, 05:08:48 PM »

Hot take: the media were well aware of all this stuff but were pretending otherwise because they were afraid of the "Believe All Women" and the "Muh Kavanaugh" crowd.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2253 on: May 15, 2020, 05:14:22 PM »

Hot take: the media were well aware of all this stuff but were pretending otherwise because they were afraid of the "Believe All Women" and the "Muh Kavanaugh" crowd.

The media is ignoring whether the allegations are true or false because, if they did conclude they were false, they shouldn't be reporting on them at all, and there's clearly not enough evidence to conclude that they are true, but the ambiguous approach allows them to push a narrative about questioning whether the allegations are true or false without coming out with a definitive viewpoint, generating controversy and views, while also speculating on tHe ImPaCt On ThE rAcE that the media is so absorbed by.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #2254 on: May 15, 2020, 05:22:38 PM »

Joe Biden: “If you believe Tara Reade, then don’t vote for me.”

That’s a weird way of campaigning for votes, Joe.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2255 on: May 15, 2020, 05:42:56 PM »

Hahahaha!!!

GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2256 on: May 15, 2020, 05:48:31 PM »

I.  Told.  You.  So.

I told you guys two months ago that this was who Tara Reade was.  Now the press is finally figuring it out.  About damn time.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #2257 on: May 15, 2020, 05:57:50 PM »

Between the PBS and Politico story, I'm kinda wondering if this is the last day the MSM will take Reade seriously. Though I'm sure her story will live on with the far left and the right.

Weirdly it might not. They seem to have jettisoned this for the even more absurd "Obamagate" that they probably see as a catch-all.
Pulaski

« Reply #2258 on: May 15, 2020, 06:00:06 PM »

Between the PBS and Politico story, I'm kinda wondering if this is the last day the MSM will take Reade seriously. Though I'm sure her story will live on with the far left and the right.

Are you kidding? She’ll be speaking at the RNC.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2259 on: May 15, 2020, 06:02:56 PM »

Wow, 3 articles today that completely blow up Reade's case. Frustrating though because even as it continues to fall apart, the fact that it's out there is still more harm than good to Biden, b/c a lot of people just saw the original allegations and won't see any of these followups.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2260 on: May 15, 2020, 06:07:38 PM »

MacArthur called this one from the start so credit were credit is due
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #2261 on: May 15, 2020, 06:28:07 PM »

I'm glad that Tara Reade has been exposed for the fraud that she is.
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2262 on: May 15, 2020, 06:44:45 PM »

GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2263 on: May 15, 2020, 07:09:34 PM »

Petition to mods to unlock OP of this thread so I can return it to its original title:  "Tara Reade false rape allegation megathread"
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #2264 on: May 15, 2020, 07:21:41 PM »

It's ovvvvvveerrrrrrrrrrr
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2265 on: May 15, 2020, 07:38:36 PM »
« Edited: May 15, 2020, 07:55:34 PM by Lief 🐋 »

Michael Tracey with a surprisingly great article, taking apart this story piece by piece.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2266 on: May 15, 2020, 07:54:59 PM »

When someone says “I believe Tara Reade,” the follow up question should be “Which version of Tara Reade do you believe?” because there are so many different versions.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2267 on: May 15, 2020, 08:23:00 PM »

Joe Biden: “If you believe Tara Reade, then don’t vote for me.”

That’s a weird way of campaigning for votes, Joe.

No it's not. If he'd said "If you believe Tara Reade, you should still vote for me," people would (understandably) see that as an acknowledgement that this could be true. Biden's statement was perfect, and by the looks of things, effective.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2268 on: May 15, 2020, 09:41:54 PM »

Just a reminder to you folks, this story was promoted by a small set of "journalists" who abandoned any pretense of objectivity to act as PR agents for Tara Reade.  These sleazeball partisan hacks thought if they pushed this story hard enough, they could force Biden out of the race and install Sanders as the nominee.  When the story didn't work, they continued to desperately lie about it for weeks.

These journalists should be run out of the industry and, in an ideal world, sued for libel by Joe Biden.

These journalists are:
  • Ryan Grim, DC bureau chief for The Intercept and contributor for The Young Turks
  • Katie Halper, podcast host for Rolling Stone
  • Nathan Robinson, editor-in-chief of Current Affairs
  • Rich McHugh, former investigative journalist NBC
  • Chris Hayes, MSNBC
  • Krystal Ball, The Hill

If not for the delusional efforts by these folks to revive the Sanders campaign and torpedo Joe Biden, this farce would never have gotten out of the gate.  Instead we've had to spend seven weeks and counting talking about it.

And this isn't even starting on columnists, such as Elizabeth Bruenig of New York Times, who treated this story as 100% verified truth and wrote thinkpiece after thinkpiece wondering "what should the response be?  Should Biden drop out?  Should we vote for the lesser of two rapists?" instead of telling their readers the truth about this story.  Whether this was out of ignorance, malice, or simple concern trolling for clicks, it was wrong and there ought to be repercussions.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2269 on: May 15, 2020, 09:57:31 PM »

TBH I think Beet, among others, owe Joe Biden (and a lot of Atlas posters) a sincere apology.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #2270 on: May 15, 2020, 09:59:25 PM »
« Edited: May 15, 2020, 11:06:56 PM by Alben Barkley »

All these articles from the media finally giving Reade’s story and credibility the scrutiny they deserve are vindicating to read. Still a little pissed it took them so long though. They should have done the appropriate research to establish these things BEFORE they ran stories that could defame someone’s character and seriously mislead the public about a candidate going into an extremely high stakes election. Not that I would expect better from hacks like Nathan Robinson and The Young Turks, but I do from more legitimate outlets like NBC and NYT.

My only problem with these mew stories is that much of the media is still reporting that neighbor as “corroboration.” The same neighbor who was coached and didn’t “remember” the conversation at all until she was, and now says she believes Biden. I’d say her “corroboration” has pretty much been retracted.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2271 on: May 15, 2020, 11:25:03 PM »

Surprisingly, I thought she came across pretty well on Andrew Yang's podcast. Yang is 100% on Team Biden and is optimistic that he'll be a good president. Ball said she hopes he's right.

They didn't discuss the Reade allegations at all, even though they spent several minutes assessing Biden as a candidate. And I don't think it was an "off limits" topic, since Yang did discuss them with his guest on the following episode and explained why he doesn't believe them. Maybe she knows she got it wrong and she decided the topic was off limits.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #2272 on: May 15, 2020, 11:27:46 PM »

Surprisingly, I thought she came across pretty well on Andrew Yang's podcast. Yang is 100% on Team Biden and is optimistic that he'll be a good president. Ball said she hopes he's right.

They didn't discuss the Reade allegations at all, even though they spent several minutes assessing Biden as a candidate. And I don't think it was an "off limits" topic, since Yang did discuss them with his guest on the following episode and explained why he doesn't believe them. Maybe she knows she got it wrong and she decided the topic was off limits.

Krystal Ball was the most shameless of them all. She smugly talked down to democratic voters telling them that they could still replace Biden, as if the allegations were just plain fact.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2273 on: May 15, 2020, 11:37:02 PM »

Krystal Ball is just an actress.  She has no actual beliefs.

On Andrew Yang's podcast, she is who Andrew Yang wants her to be.

On TYT, she is who Cenk Uygur wants her to be.

On The Rising, she is who Jimmy Finklestein wants her to be.

Krystal Ball has a net worth of $44 million.  If you think she got that for having convictions you're a damn fool.  She got that by being an utterly shameless political actress.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #2274 on: May 16, 2020, 01:29:30 AM »

New poll on CBS News about what Americans believe concerning the events surroundiong Joe Bidens' sexual assault on Tara Reade.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/republican-groups-tara-reade-allegations-attack-democrats/

37% - Probably True
32% - Probably Not True
31% - Don't Know

Another interview I read from former staffers said that Joe Biden was 'touchy' with his female staff and we probably let it go too far.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies