Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:24:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 97
Author Topic: Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread  (Read 146669 times)
chibul
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: April 25, 2020, 09:36:01 AM »

I think the call kind of exonerates Biden. The episode was about the death of Vince Foster and the toxic nature of the media in DC. 

She said “out of respect to the senator” If Biden raped her daughter that’s a strange thing to say “out of respect to the senator”. Also Tara claims her mother begged and pleaded to go to the police but in the call Tara’s mom says nothing about the police saying “there is nothing she can do other than go to the press”. Why she doesn’t she say “go to the police”?
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #576 on: April 25, 2020, 09:42:45 AM »

Remember when the Biden Bros here were saying that she’s just some salty Bernie supporter trying to tear Biden down? Well she must have been Bernie’s biggest fan ever if she was already accusing Biden of sexual assault in 1993.

What's your source for her "accusing Biden of sexual assault in 1993" ?

www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/04/24/tara-reade-biden-video-207670

New evidence surfaces in Tara Reade allegation against Biden

A 1993 video appears to show her mother calling the Larry King Show to discuss a claim against “a prominent senator.”

Not really evidence at all
At no point in the clip is rape or harassment ever brought up
she simply said that Tara Reade was having problems with a senator

In reality this woman could have been talking about anything or anyone. its way too vague for me to look at that as evidence that Biden rapped anbody.

Honestly stuff like this kind of scares me
you mean to tell me if woman goes on TV right now and says that she was having "problems" with me. people will automatically think that means I was trying harass or rape her lol

I guess it is true what they say about today's society "Guilty until proven innocent"

Thing is, she didn't even say she was having problems with the Senator... she had problems while working for a senator

-which she didn't want to talk about out of respect for the Senator-

Now if you have problems at work, and you choose not to talk about it out of respect for your boss- the implication is that they had nothing to do with those problems and you don't want to talk about whatever happened because it could potentially impact them negatively

You're looking too much in her wording. This is a regular person,calling into Larry King's Live. She's not an attorney. She didn't offer some binding, razor-sharp statement for the press or for a court proceeding. People say stuff without 100% precision in real-life, especially when it's verbal instead of written.

So she said "problems while working for a prominent Senator" instead of "problems with a Senator"? It's splitting hairs for you to draw so much meaning from it.  The phrase "out of the respect for the senator" similarly doesn't mean as much as you think in ordinary, colloquial language. She wasn't reading a legal brief.

The quote reveals just this:

The daughter had problems when she worked for Biden. She didn't feel comfortable going public with those problems in 1993.

Later, she would claim sexual assault. Many women in 1993 would've hesitated to go public with those allegations.

Of course, this call was made two years after the Clarence Thomas-Anita Hill controversy, in which Biden, as chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee at that time, played a prominent role. But you are certainly right about the changes in attitudes that have occurred since then, especially with the rise of the #MeToo movement in recent years. As for this particular incident, I notice that many of the posters on here are defending Biden, denouncing this woman as a liar, and questioning her motives. The exact same arguments were made by posters on the right during the Kavanaugh affair. I've said before that I would not have voted for Kavanaugh had I been a Senator, given the nature of the allegations. This incident here gives me some more pause about Biden, and I'm still open to going third party. However, unless more women come forward with similar allegations to those of Reade, then I doubt this incident will have much impact on the election, especially given the numerous allegations against Trump.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #577 on: April 25, 2020, 10:03:22 AM »

Remember when the Biden Bros here were saying that she’s just some salty Bernie supporter trying to tear Biden down? Well she must have been Bernie’s biggest fan ever if she was already accusing Biden of sexual assault in 1993.

What's your source for her "accusing Biden of sexual assault in 1993" ?

www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/04/24/tara-reade-biden-video-207670

New evidence surfaces in Tara Reade allegation against Biden

A 1993 video appears to show her mother calling the Larry King Show to discuss a claim against “a prominent senator.”

That's no evidence.

Nothing about sexual assault was mentioned at all.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #578 on: April 25, 2020, 10:36:53 AM »

So, two things that bother me.

First, there is a quote from Reade from a while ago where she said she didn't blame Biden for her problems in Washington but that she did blame the people around him. That to me could mean she felt she had been poorly treated by his staff but couldnt do anything about it.

Second, her mother said the only option Reade has was going to the press. But why didnt Reade have the option to go to the police? And further more, Reade said this call to Larry King specifically mentioned her sexual harassment, yet the actual transcript mentions no such thing.

I dont not believe Tara Reade, but the holes in her story make me cautious.

This is what I was trying to say in what I think happened. I think something happened between Tara and Biden's staff that caused Tara to get fired and now all these years later she still has bitter feelings about this and is trying to bring down Joe Biden. She went bankrupt not that long ago with 400 grand in debt, so life obviously hasn't been easy for her since getting fired.

It's impossible for me to believe that if Joe Biden did this once, he didn't do this 100 times to other woman, so until other woman start coming forward it's going to be tough to convince me of what happened.
That’s another thing. All other accusations Biden has faced before Reade were consistent with what we’ve seen publicly ie the shoulder rubbing/touchy stuff. Which is kinda weird don’t get me wrong but there is a line between what we’ve seen him do before and throwing someone against a wall and raping them like what Reade said happened

Exactly, and Reade's allegation from 2019 was just that, pretty much. Her original allegation contained nothing about a sexual assault or rape and jived with what a few others have said about the uncomfortable rubbing/touching.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #579 on: April 25, 2020, 11:12:04 AM »

Even if that is her mother in the clip it's a pretty big stretch with how vague it is. And why would she care about respect for someone who raped her? It sounds like she's just describing a bad office environment.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #580 on: April 25, 2020, 11:59:35 AM »

Ok After looking more into Tara Reade Im just going to be Blunt I do not believe this woman at all
and I Now think what she is doing to Biden as absolute disgrace. Im actually shocked that people are not being more critical of her after what I have just read about her.

Here is her timeline

1. In 2009 she commended Joe Biden for action he had taken against domestic abuse, writing

"I should know what an abuser looks like. After all, I was working for then Senator Joseph Biden, who sponsored the Violence Against Women Act. But domestic violence is an equal opportunity offender."

2. In November of 2016, a few weeks after the election, Reade liked a tweet made by President Obama, wishing Joe Biden a “Happy Birthday,” and calling Biden “the best Vice President and friend” that he could have had.

3. January of 2017, Reade likes two tweets by the Obama WhiteHouse Archive, one quoting Joe Biden’s praise of Obama, and the other congratulating Joe Biden for receiving the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

4. March of 2017, Reade made a tweet claiming that Joe Biden “speaks truth,” and encouraged her followers to “listen” to him.

5. April of 2017, Reade liked a tweet by the Huffington post that praised the former Vice President for helping men realize how important they are in the fight against sexual assault

6. December of 2018 Reade wrote and has since deleted that she left politics and Washington DC because she was sick of American imperialism and because she “loves Russia with all her heart but by April of 2019, her story changed an now she blames her move from Washington on Joe Biden essentially having her blacklisted.

7. April, 2019 — Reade comes forward with her original allegations against Biden, but says his actions were NOT “sexualization,” but rather compared his actions toward her as being demeaning and treating her like a “pretty” lamp that is thrown away when it’s too bright. She also claimed that her story was not “a story about sexual misconduct.”

8. April 6, 2019, Reade claimed that she didn’t even know if Biden knows why she left working for him or if he noticed she was gone.

9. March, 2020 — Reade comes forward again, this time claiming that Joe Biden did sexually assault her in 1993.

I going to be honest the more details I read about this woman the more he upset I get
She changed here story to the point where each version does not even match up with the other

for example

In 2009 she claimed to have left Washington DC for the midwest because her husband Tate, at the time, had received a job offer for a Congressman. She claims to have also received a job offer to work for a Governor’s race in California around the same time period

In 2018  she now claimed she left Washington DC because she was sick of American imperialism and because she “love Russia with all her heart.

In 2019 she claimed she was forced to resign because some prominent Senator decided that he liked my legs. I was sad and lost and moved on

these are 3 different Version of the same story told by this woman over the years
As far as Im concerned she is a nothing more than an untrustworthy liar who should be ashamed of herself and Its a Joke that some on here have compared her to Christine Blasey Ford.

I feel sorry for the Bidens because they are going to go through all of this over a woman that should have No credibility at all for the the many lies she has told over the years and The Media should be ashamed of themselves for even going along with this in the first place
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #581 on: April 25, 2020, 12:14:09 PM »

A toddler saying they didn’t steal any cookies while standing over a bunch of crumbs on the floor is more believable than Tara Reade.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #582 on: April 25, 2020, 12:36:27 PM »

I can't believe I wake up and we still have the same bad-faith posters making the same arguments about the phone call.

It's like shouting into the void.  The phone call exonerates Biden, but these people don't want to hear it.  They want to just live in a fantasy land where Reade's mother called Larry King and said "hi yes my daughter was raped by a senator and nobody would help her."  Or more specifically, they want to convince low-info readers of this thread that that's what the phone call contains.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #583 on: April 25, 2020, 12:54:06 PM »
« Edited: April 25, 2020, 01:00:30 PM by Donald Trump’s Toupe »

Sounds like you were up to a lot of malarkey, Joe. #BelieveAllWomen
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #584 on: April 25, 2020, 12:56:03 PM »

Even if that is her mother in the clip it's a pretty big stretch with how vague it is. And why would she care about respect for someone who raped her? It sounds like she's just describing a bad office environment.

You clearly do not understand arguing a criminal case against a Senator, no less in 1993 by an actual woman! Power dynamics, and being forced into the public eye which would define her - for both better and for worse - for the rest of her life. This societal struggle is why the “Me Too’ movement caught on....over twenty years later. Tone deaf, much?
roxas11
United States

« Reply #585 on: April 25, 2020, 01:16:21 PM »

You clearly do not understand arguing a criminal case against a Senator, no less in 1993 by an actual woman! Power dynamics, and being forced into the public eye which would define her - for both better and for worse - for the rest of her life. This societal struggle is why the “Me Too’ movement caught on....over twenty years later. Tone deaf, much?

1993 is one thing

But so what is your many excuses her spending 2017 and 2018 Praising Biden while the ME TOO movement was going on.

at this point she had not worked for Biden in decades and the me too moment was in full swing

yet by April 2020 she was still saying that Biden have never rapped or even harassed  her

In her own words

his actions were NOT “sexualization,” but rather compared his actions toward her as being demeaning and treating her like a “pretty” lamp that is thrown away when it’s too bright. She also claimed that her story was not “a story about sexual misconduct.”[/b]

she did not start saying rape until march of 2020
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #586 on: April 25, 2020, 01:44:01 PM »

1993 is one thing

But so what is your many excuses her spending 2017 and 2018 Praising Biden while the ME TOO movement was going on.

at this point she had not worked for Biden in decades and the me too moment was in full swing

yet by April 2020 she was still saying that Biden have never rapped or even harassed  her

In her own words

his actions were NOT “sexualization,” but rather compared his actions toward her as being demeaning and treating her like a “pretty” lamp that is thrown away when it’s too bright. She also claimed that her story was not “a story about sexual misconduct.”[/b]

All I’m asking for is consistent, equal, and fair reporting. The whole Kavanaugh hoax was disgusting and the fact that leftist media won’t touch this story because it doesn’t fit their agenda is beyond disturbing.

It’s not “Believe all women except when it’s convenient for me not to.”
Lisa's voting Biden
LCameronAL
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.75, S: -3.83

« Reply #587 on: April 25, 2020, 01:52:31 PM »

1993 is one thing

In her own words

All I’m asking for is consistent, equal, and fair reporting. The whole Kavanaugh hoax was disgusting and the fact that leftist media won’t touch this story because it doesn’t fit their agenda is beyond disturbing.

The media won't touch this story because it's literally false and the only people pushing it are the ones with damaged brains and simple minds.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #588 on: April 25, 2020, 01:54:20 PM »

I put the video here so it's easy for people to access for evidence or debunking her
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #589 on: April 25, 2020, 01:58:44 PM »

I put the video here so it's easy for people to access for evidence or debunking her

Might be vague, but it’s more evidence then we got from literally any of those Kavanaugh scammers.

And shame on CNN for not doing their own due diligence by not going through their own video archives.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #590 on: April 25, 2020, 02:00:41 PM »

1993 is one thing

yet by April 2020 she was still saying that Biden have never rapped or even harassed  her

In her own words

tf is this
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #591 on: April 25, 2020, 02:01:10 PM »

Might be vague, but it’s more evidence then we got from literally any of those Kavanaugh scammers.

And shame on CNN for not doing their own due diligence by not going through their own video archives.
I will never forgive the Democrats for that, and I don't even like Kavanaugh.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #592 on: April 25, 2020, 02:03:02 PM »

I will never forgive the Democrats for that

Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #593 on: April 25, 2020, 02:03:44 PM »

Not only is the "leftist" media covering this story, they're giving it way more attention than it deserves. For the most part, the media is not left or right, it's sensationalist and always in need of a horse race. In this new era, no candidate can pull too far ahead without the msm knocking them down a notch or two to keep things tight.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #594 on: April 25, 2020, 02:10:05 PM »

Oh no, Florida Democrats lost a crucial swing voter
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #595 on: April 25, 2020, 02:10:53 PM »

I voted for Al Lawson and Murphy in 2016.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #596 on: April 25, 2020, 02:13:43 PM »

I mean I have no ill will towards you personally, but you are not exactly the target audience for Democrats. If they're relying on people like you to win, they're screwed. Well, Florida Democrats are always screwing themselves, but you know what I mean
roxas11
United States

« Reply #597 on: April 25, 2020, 02:17:16 PM »
« Edited: April 25, 2020, 02:20:54 PM by roxas11 »

1993 is one thing

In her own words

I agree that there should be consistent, equal, and fair reporting but let me be very clear about something this woman ain't not  Christine Blasey Ford and to even compare the 2 is ridiculous.

1 .Fords story Never changed this drastically over the years when it came to Kavanaugh

2. Ford did not spend decades saying that Kavanaugh was as great guy years after he assaulted her

3.  Ford never wrote an article that flat out said that she was never raped by him at all
again in Tara Reade own words

"Bidens actions were NOT “sexualization,” but rather compared his actions toward her as being demeaning and treating her like a “pretty” lamp that is thrown away when it’s too bright. She also claimed that her story was not “a story about sexual misconduct"

Ford never released statement like this when it came to Kavanaugh and frankly had it been Tara Reade who was the accusing Kavanaugh instead on Ford in 2018

Both her and Dem's would have deservedly got ripped the pieces
The cross examination of Tara would have been brutal  lol
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #598 on: April 25, 2020, 02:18:31 PM »

I mean I have no ill will towards you personally, but you are not exactly the target audience for Democrats. If they're relying on people like you to win, they're screwed. Well, Florida Democrats are always screwing themselves, but you know what I mean
The Florida Dems are the Florida Democrats. Most incompetent state party in the country.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #599 on: April 25, 2020, 05:59:17 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies