Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 07:29:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 97
Author Topic: Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread  (Read 148106 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: April 24, 2020, 09:11:35 PM »

I'm leaning toward Biden, but I find it absolutely disgusting that the election is between two sexual assaulters. It really speaks to the misogyny of American society that this happens over and over again.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #526 on: April 24, 2020, 09:15:38 PM »

I'm leaning toward Biden, but I find it absolutely disgusting that the election is between two sexual assaulters. It really speaks to the misogyny of American society that this happens over and over again.

What evidence do you have that Biden is a "sexual assaulter"?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #527 on: April 24, 2020, 09:16:00 PM »

Just a heads up for the "we don't even know it was Reade's mother" folks in this thread, it seems pretty clear this was in fact Reade's mother.  The caller location and date match up, and Reade said the call existed before it was dug up.

Sure all of that lines up, but from a factual standpoint it's irresponsible for anyone to report this without a disclaimer that the caller's identity cannot be truly verified. But considering that it's not from a legitimate news source it's not surprising that it's being reported as the gospel.

That’s a ridiculously high standard to apply in this case; it’s impossible to verify the identity of an anonymous caller.  But like you said, the fact pattern is consistent with Reade’s allegations

It's not a high standard at all and this isn't even a case, it's an allegation. It's irresponsible to not preface this call as allegedly being her mother, especially since her mother is dead and can't verify the call. With that said the call doesn't even mention sexual harassment like Reade claimed it did, yet she claims that the transcript "gelled" with what she remembered.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #528 on: April 24, 2020, 09:20:13 PM »

Tara Reade's testimony. Now backed up by a call from 1993. When will people realize that false accusations are extremely uncommon. If this was Trump or Kavanaugh, you would have no problems with this.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #529 on: April 24, 2020, 09:26:47 PM »

Tara Reade's testimony. Now backed up by a call from 1993. When will people realize that false accusations are extremely uncommon. If this was Trump or Kavanaugh, you would have no problems with this.

She has no testimony because she has testified in church, Congress or even church. She has made an allegation that has gotten dramatically larger once she felt it was politically expedient. This phone call that was allegedly from her mother didn't even mention sexual harassment or assault.

But considering that you have had made all sorts of crazy posts on this board it's clear that you are nothing but a troll.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #530 on: April 24, 2020, 09:33:00 PM »

Dude. I was just as skeptical as you were but her mom corroborated 27 years ago that she was experiencing some sort of untoward behavior from a prominent Senator. I have doubts that it was the groping she described for a variety of reasons (imo it was harassment), but as someone who supports victims of sexual assault and harassment, it's obvious to me that we should take her allegations seriously.

The phone call doesn't back anything up.  It doesn't say anything about sexual harassment or untoward behavior.  LimoLiberal is lying.

The only thing the phone call proves is that Tara Reade is a liar (as if we needed more proof) because she lied about what her mother said in the phone call.  And it is also working as an effective smoke test for a lot of liars on Atlas and other social media because a whole lotta people are coming out of the woodwork to lie about what her mom said in the phone call.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #531 on: April 24, 2020, 09:48:19 PM »

Dude. I was just as skeptical as you were but her mom corroborated 27 years ago that she was experiencing some sort of untoward behavior from a prominent Senator. I have doubts that it was the groping she described for a variety of reasons (imo it was harassment), but as someone who supports victims of sexual assault and harassment, it's obvious to me that we should take her allegations seriously.

The phone call doesn't back anything up.  It doesn't say anything about sexual harassment or untoward behavior.  LimoLiberal is lying.

The only thing the phone call proves is that Tara Reade is a liar (as if we needed more proof) because she lied about what her mother said in the phone call.  And it is also working as an effective smoke test for a lot of liars on Atlas and other social media because a whole lotta people are coming out of the woodwork to lie about what her mom said in the phone call.

You've created an impossible standard for Reade's claim of sexual assault to be taken seriously.

Her mom said "Yes, hello. I’m wondering what a staffer would do besides go to the press in Washington? My daughter has just left there, after working for a prominent senator, and could not get through with her problems at all, and the only thing she could have done was go to the press, and she chose not to do it out of respect for him.".

No, it doesn't prove that Reade was sexually assaulted or harassed. However, her mother's reference to a "prominent senator", "her problems",  and not going to the press gel extremely well with many parts of Reade's story, including the initial harassment, her inability to report the issue within Biden's office and even the admiration she's shown towards Biden after.

Take a deep breath and reflect on the hole you're digging for yourself here. I am not saying that Reade's allegation is unequivocally true, but we have some significant corroborating evidence that there was a problem she had with Biden of some variety.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #532 on: April 24, 2020, 09:50:56 PM »

I am legitimately surprised by this new evidence because I was sure the claims were bogus with Reade's litany of issues. But her mother's phone call is honestly more evidence than anything we got with Christine Blasey Ford.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #533 on: April 24, 2020, 09:55:29 PM »

You've created an impossible standard for Reade's claim of sexual assault to be taken seriously.

If she could offer literally one shred of evidence that doesn't turn out to be BS, that would be a good start.  Instead, we've got her claiming she told other people in the office (they all say she's lying), claiming she told her friends (of the 5, 4 say she never mentioned it), claiming she filed a complaint (it doesn't exist), and now claiming her mom talked about it in a call (her mom doesn't say what Reade claims).

She has behaved like a serial liar throughout this entire media circus and we now have tons of evidence that she's been a serial liar and con artist her entire life.

Her mom said "Yes, hello. I’m wondering what a staffer would do besides go to the press in Washington? My daughter has just left there, after working for a prominent senator, and could not get through with her problems at all, and the only thing she could have done was go to the press, and she chose not to do it out of respect for him.".

No, it doesn't prove that Reade was sexually assaulted or harassed. However, her mother's reference to a "prominent senator", "her problems",  and not going to the press gel extremely well with many parts of Reade's story, including the initial harassment, her inability to report the issue within Biden's office and even the admiration she's shown towards Biden after.

The show was talking about tough work environments on capitol hill.  Tara Reade had just been fired from what, from her perspective, was a tough work environment.  Her mother was concerned, but didn't want to tell the press "Biden's office is rough" because Tara still liked Biden.  It's really that simple.  There's literally no reason to believe her mom is talking about any sort of harassment or assault.  If there were, Tara wouldn't have had to lie about it.  The context dictates that she's talking about Tara's recent firing.

Take a deep breath and reflect on the hole you're digging for yourself here. I am not saying that Reade's allegation is unequivocally true, but we have some significant corroborating evidence that there was a problem she had with Biden of some variety.

Yeah, her problem was that he fired her!  Why is this so hard for you to understand?
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #534 on: April 24, 2020, 09:56:16 PM »

You know what, get it all out in the open. Democrats have three months till the convention. If there are potential landmines for Biden, better now when democrats can replace him then in October.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #535 on: April 24, 2020, 09:59:02 PM »

There is no evidence that what her mother was talking about was this sexual assault that she created on Twitter. Her mother is deceased, so there is no way to verify what she was talking about.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #536 on: April 24, 2020, 10:00:32 PM »
« Edited: April 24, 2020, 11:54:16 PM by Make PA Blue Again! »

Didn’t Ryan Grim falsely smear Gil Cisneros as an aggressive alcoholic and refused to take down the story or apologize when it was quickly debunked?
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #537 on: April 24, 2020, 10:04:13 PM »

There is no evidence that what her mother was talking about was this sexual assault that she created on Twitter. Her mother is deceased, so there is no way to verify what she was talking about.

There's no evidence it wasn't what her mother was talking about, and again, this is not a courtroom. MacArthur isn't even allowing for the possibility that any part of Reade's allegation was true ("her problem was that he fired her!") which is just as gross as the Bernouts automatically assuming Biden was guilty.

I really didn't buy into the "liberals are being hypocrites compared to Kavanaugh!" but reading this thread, I don't know. Y'all suck.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #538 on: April 24, 2020, 10:05:43 PM »

I am legitimately surprised by this new evidence because I was sure the claims were bogus with Reade's litany of issues. But her mother's phone call is honestly more evidence than anything we got with Christine Blasey Ford.

Reade is very lucky for that phone call. If not she probably would have been dismissed as another Julie Swetnick. When in reality Swetnick was probably telling the truth as well. The deeper issue is our society has a big problem believing women. We tend to ascribe far too high a chance that they are lying about this sort of thing. Real false accusations are usually made by people with mental issues and easily disproven with even the most basic checking.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #539 on: April 24, 2020, 10:12:28 PM »

The phone call doesn't back anything up.  It doesn't say anything about sexual harassment or untoward behavior.  LimoLiberal is lying.

The only thing the phone call proves is that Tara Reade is a liar (as if we needed more proof) because she lied about what her mother said in the phone call.  And it is also working as an effective smoke test for a lot of liars on Atlas and other social media because a whole lotta people are coming out of the woodwork to lie about what her mom said in the phone call.

No, it doesn't prove that Reade was sexually assaulted or harassed. However, her mother's reference to a "prominent senator", "her problems",  and not going to the press gel extremely well with many parts of Reade's story, including the initial harassment, her inability to report the issue within Biden's office and even the admiration she's shown towards Biden after.

There's no evidence it wasn't what her mother was talking about, and again, this is not a courtroom. MacArthur isn't even allowing for the possibility that any part of Reade's allegation was true ("her problem was that he fired her!") which is just as gross as the Bernouts automatically assuming Biden was guilty.

I really didn't buy into the "liberals are being hypocrites compared to Kavanaugh!" but reading this thread, I don't know. Y'all suck.

Regardless of how you want to spin yourself into a tizzy trying to make this true the fact of the matter remains that Reade changing her story and adding things makes her not credible. What sexual assault victim is going to go on Twitter saying "tick tock" and use political hashtags to discuss their claims? Plus her behavior is erratic and she has flat out lied about stealing money from a non-profit.

Your trolling is transparent.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #540 on: April 24, 2020, 10:15:26 PM »

I’ve given MacArthur crap in the past but he and others here have laid out a fair case for why they don’t believe her.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #541 on: April 24, 2020, 10:17:22 PM »

Reade is very lucky for that phone call. If not she probably would have been dismissed as another Julie Swetnick. When in reality Swetnick was probably telling the truth as well. The deeper issue is our society has a big problem believing women. We tend to ascribe far too high a chance that they are lying about this sort of thing. Real false accusations are usually made by people with mental issues and easily disproven with even the most basic checking.

The damn phone call didn't prove anything other than her mother was called Larry King rambling about something and was not clear about it.

Once the election is over Reade will not have anything else to say about this, because it's all political and the people trying to help her will not be publishing anymore articles.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #542 on: April 24, 2020, 10:22:21 PM »

The phone call doesn't back anything up.  It doesn't say anything about sexual harassment or untoward behavior.  LimoLiberal is lying.

The only thing the phone call proves is that Tara Reade is a liar (as if we needed more proof) because she lied about what her mother said in the phone call.  And it is also working as an effective smoke test for a lot of liars on Atlas and other social media because a whole lotta people are coming out of the woodwork to lie about what her mom said in the phone call.

No, it doesn't prove that Reade was sexually assaulted or harassed. However, her mother's reference to a "prominent senator", "her problems",  and not going to the press gel extremely well with many parts of Reade's story, including the initial harassment, her inability to report the issue within Biden's office and even the admiration she's shown towards Biden after.

Regardless of how you want to spin yourself into a tizzy trying to make this true the fact of the matter remains that Reade changing her story and adding things makes her not credible. What sexual assault victim is going to go on Twitter saying "tick tock" and use political hashtags to discuss their claims? Plus her behavior is erratic and she has flat out lied about stealing money from a non-profit.

If I were sexually assaulted by a prominent politician you'd bet I'd do everything I could to try to elevate my story and ensure his/her opponent won.

I wish I was trolling. My parents and I discussed the allegation at dinner and my Mom was visibly upset after reading the Intercept article because she realized she would have to vote for a possible/probable sexual harasser. I have no idea what gender you guys identify as but if you're a man, try to take into account how your perspective might be different than that of a woman. Not to say that all women will believe Reade.

I still hope Biden wins.

DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #543 on: April 24, 2020, 10:30:48 PM »

If I were sexually assaulted by a prominent politician you'd bet I'd do everything I could to try to elevate my story and ensure his/her opponent won.

I wish I was trolling. My parents and I discussed the allegation at dinner and my Mom was visibly upset after reading the Intercept article because she realized she would have to vote for a possible/probable sexual harasser. I have no idea what gender you guys identify as but if you're a man, try to take into account how your perspective might be different than that of a woman. Not to say that all women will believe Reade.

I still hope Biden wins.

It's funny that she was praising him at one time, then went crazy and wrote about loving Putin and suddenly now Biden attacked her. She stole from a non-profit. Everything about her says con artist and if the media didn't pick up her story there is a reason why. Read between the lines.

If you really believed it you wouldn't hope that Biden wins. You are trying to have your cake and eat it too. Trolling.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #544 on: April 24, 2020, 10:38:28 PM »

I still hope Biden wins.

It's funny that she was praising him at one time, then went crazy and wrote about loving Putin and suddenly now Biden attacked her. She stole from a non-profit. Everything about her says con artist and if the media didn't pick up her story there is a reason why. Read between the lines.

If you really believed it you wouldn't hope that Biden wins. You are trying to have your cake and eat it too. Trolling.

You're clowning yourself. There will be hundreds of thousands if not millions of people who believe Tara Reade but vote for Joe Biden because from everything we know Trump's personal and political transgressions are 100x worse.

People can be deeply hurt and abused by a person yet still respect them and feel reluctant to confront them publicly. Especially with politicians, where you know at least 40% of the public is going to automatically distrust and slander you because of partisanship.

GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #545 on: April 24, 2020, 10:39:47 PM »

OK dude, we get it.  Can you stop junking up the thread with your concern trolling now?
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #546 on: April 24, 2020, 10:52:41 PM »

A woman said that Biden assaulted her, so it must be true right?

The call didn't mentioned anything about an assault.

For, Kavanaugh, further investigation should have been pursuit before he was confirmed to the supreme court.

For Trump, that is not necessary since he bragged about assaulting women on video.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #547 on: April 24, 2020, 10:53:40 PM »

Tara Reade's testimony. Now backed up by a call from 1993. When will people realize that false accusations are extremely uncommon.

A woman said that Biden assaulted her, so it must be true right?

It's not even "backed up by a call from 1993."  That's literally just Beet lying.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #548 on: April 24, 2020, 10:56:51 PM »

Apparently, Reade was pushing the King interview last year as corroboration of her previous allegation, that has since changed. This would seem to match more with the actual topic of the King's episode, which involved hostile work environments in Washington.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #549 on: April 24, 2020, 10:58:49 PM »

The Trump-supporting "leftists" at the Intercept are going to keep desperately cycling through some combination of rapist-dementia-corrupt smears until election day. We can safely ignore these losers; none of this is sticking to Teflon Joe.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies