Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 10:53:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 97
Author Topic: Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread  (Read 148223 times)
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #675 on: April 26, 2020, 10:33:18 PM »

Oh, I forgot to add.

Bernie and Trump supporters pretending to be Biden supporters:

this Larry King clip is going to give her story more credibility regardless of what any one person thinks about the veracity of the accusation. I don't know how far it will go or how long it will last, but the chances of this blowing over on its own have gone down significantly due to the uncovering of this call.
I think that is a fair take. Fox News is already desperately trying to give the story oxygen, and all he is saying is that the video makes it more compelling to those who are purposefully misinformed.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #676 on: April 26, 2020, 11:37:43 PM »

The video doesn't give her story more credibility.  It does the opposite.  And it certainly doesn't change anything about the race or dictate any necessary action from Biden.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #677 on: April 26, 2020, 11:40:40 PM »

The video doesn't give her story more credibility.  It does the opposite.  And it certainly doesn't change anything about the race or dictate any necessary action from Biden.
I agree with you and not the aforementioned poster, but I don't think it is fair to say he is concern trolling. He isn't even saying he believes the allegations, but rather he is concerned that some shiny object like a video will give them something to latch onto on Fox.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #678 on: April 26, 2020, 11:46:08 PM »

I agree with you and not the aforementioned poster, but I don't think it is fair to say he is concern trolling. He isn't even saying he believes the allegations, but rather he is concerned that some shiny object like a video will give them something to latch onto on Fox.
I give you my word Bomster is NOT a concern troll. And I'm sure that if General MacArthur had a history of involvement with the PolChat portion of the AH.com forums, he would not be saying this either.
Neither Bomster nor MacArthur nor any other Biden supporter in this thread is behaving in any manner that is not the most strictly well-intentioned and honest.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #679 on: April 27, 2020, 12:09:19 AM »

The video doesn't give her story more credibility.  It does the opposite.  And it certainly doesn't change anything about the race or dictate any necessary action from Biden.
I give you my word Bomster is NOT a concern troll. And I'm sure that if General MacArthur had a history of involvement with the PolChat portion of the AH.com forums, he would not be saying this either.
Neither Bomster nor MacArthur nor any other Biden supporter in this thread is behaving in any manner that is not the most strictly well-intentioned and honest.

You're completely right. I don't know what I believe, but what I can tell you is the obvious misrepresentations and exaggerations of the facts in defense of Biden and to discredit Reade are not inspiring much confidence. I don't know how people think it is acceptable to lie to such an extent and get away with it after high school age. Biden better hope he can speak to it more eloquently, but he inspired zero hope on the primary campaign trail in Iowa. We'll see how he fares with so much extra prep time.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #680 on: April 27, 2020, 01:10:44 AM »

Who's misrepresenting or exaggerating to defend Biden?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #681 on: April 27, 2020, 03:31:08 AM »
« Edited: April 27, 2020, 08:26:23 AM by Make PA Blue Again! »

Let’s see:

1. Unknown caller
2. Unnamed senator
3. No mention of rape or sexual assault

Totally and unquestionably corroborates a rape allegation against Joseph R. Biden.
chibul
Rookie
« Reply #682 on: April 27, 2020, 03:57:58 AM »

I agree with Dale on this. I don't believe her story at all. In fact I think she might have gotten sexually harassed by another Biden staffer and now 25 years later is now taking everything out on Biden.

Even though I feel the call kind of exonerates him, it's bad optics and people will interpret it in the worst possible light. The problem for the republicans though is that we have a pandemic that is sucking all of the oxygen out of the room so there's very little oxygen for this story.

If COVID-19 had happened in 2016, I don't think Hillary's emails would have even been a story. The media needed news, so Hillary's emails became a much bigger story than it should have been.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #683 on: April 27, 2020, 07:02:00 AM »

This thread is 21 pages longer than it needs to
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #684 on: April 27, 2020, 08:40:16 AM »

What the Biden camp should be doing right now is digging up the reasons why Reade was fired and get everyone on the same page.

I am not saying to go on full offense, but when Biden gets asked about the fake allegation, he should have a solid answer.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #685 on: April 27, 2020, 09:48:41 AM »

What the Biden camp should be doing right now is digging up the reasons why Reade was fired and get everyone on the same page.

I am not saying to go on full offense, but when Biden gets asked about the fake allegation, he should have a solid answer.

Yep. It's going to come up at some point, whether by the media or by Trump, so they need to start formulating now what their eventual response is going to be.

If debates are live in person with audiences, I wouldn't be surprised if Trump tried to pull another Hillary-with-Bills-accusers situations with Reade in the audience or something. He's that shameless.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #686 on: April 27, 2020, 09:51:24 AM »

Yep. It's going to come up at some point, whether by the media or by Trump, so they need to start formulating now what their eventual response is going to be.

If debates are live in person with audiences, I wouldn't be surprised if Trump tried to pull another Hillary-with-Bills-accusers situations with Reade in the audience or something. He's that shameless.

Regardless of what you think of Reade, I think she's made it pretty apparent she wont help Trump. Now, I'm sure the right will attempt to use her accusation to their benefit, but I really doubt she'll pull a Juanita Broaddrick and become a Trump surrogate.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #687 on: April 27, 2020, 10:16:27 AM »

Regardless of what you think of Reade, I think she's made it pretty apparent she wont help Trump. Now, I'm sure the right will attempt to use her accusation to their benefit, but I really doubt she'll pull a Juanita Broaddrick and become a Trump surrogate.

Reade seems slightly unstable, so honestly for Bidens team sake, I would just be prepared for any possible outcome. Better safe than sorry
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

« Reply #688 on: April 27, 2020, 10:20:11 AM »

I'm sorry, but as someone who has actually been a victim of sexual assault, I feel that anyone who becomes a surrogate for Trump (a man with over a dozen accusations of sexual assault against him, many of which are more credible than anything against Biden) then they forfeit the right to advocate for sexual assault victims.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #689 on: April 27, 2020, 10:24:08 AM »

I'm sorry, but as someone who has actually been a victim of sexual assault, I feel that anyone who becomes a surrogate for Trump (a man with over a dozen accusations of sexual assault against him, many of which are more credible than anything against Biden) then they forfeit the right to advocate for sexual assault victims.
This. In all honesty, if she actually accepted that invitation, I think she would be widely dismissed. In any case, I doubt Trump is actually that brazen.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #690 on: April 27, 2020, 11:49:04 AM »

She is pretty much lying I don't trust her, but this could still hurt Biden if she doesn't stop.
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #691 on: April 27, 2020, 11:54:09 AM »

Biden needs to address this, preferably as soon as possible so that it doesn’t stick around come November.

Side note, I thought it was ironic that the friend in the Business Insider story said that she was going to vote for Biden anyway.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #692 on: April 27, 2020, 12:02:31 PM »

Read this and tell me if you still think Biden is innocent: https://t.co/4ho2om2VUo
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #693 on: April 27, 2020, 12:07:48 PM »
« Edited: April 27, 2020, 12:13:10 PM by Make PA Blue Again! »

Read this and tell me if you still think Biden is innocent: https://t.co/4ho2om2VUo

Now let's get back to the 20-some witnesses named by Reade who have said it never happened.

A toddler is better at lying than she is.
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #694 on: April 27, 2020, 12:08:14 PM »

#DropOutBiden was trending on Twitter the other day and that's exactly what he should do.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #695 on: April 27, 2020, 12:13:30 PM »

Ugh
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #696 on: April 27, 2020, 12:17:09 PM »

This sucks.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #697 on: April 27, 2020, 12:20:52 PM »

Do you guys actually read the articles or do you just skim the headlines? She really doesn't add anything to the story other than say Reade is telling the truth. Meanwhile, there's an entire section of the article where staffers of Biden at the time say they don't even remember her.
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #698 on: April 27, 2020, 12:21:28 PM »

I think regardless of whether Biden did it or not, this will have little to no impact on the election whatsoever.

Biden may lose some votes here and there, but he still has millions of loyal supporters behind him who will vote for him to get Trump out of office, regardless of Biden's behavior around women and children.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #699 on: April 27, 2020, 12:26:09 PM »

Do you guys actually read the articles or do you just skim the headlines? She really doesn't add anything to the story other than say Reade is telling the truth. Meanwhile, there's an entire section of the article where staffers of Biden at the time say they don't even remember her.

LimoLiberal is a Republican who never posts in good-faith and IIRC got himself banned from not one, but two boards for his concern trolling.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies