Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 10:37:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 97
Author Topic: Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread  (Read 148202 times)
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #550 on: April 24, 2020, 11:02:42 PM »

Apparently, Reade was pushing the King interview last year as corroboration of her previous allegation, that has since changed. This would seem to match more with the actual topic of the King's episode, which involved hostile work environments in Washington.

Link?
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #551 on: April 24, 2020, 11:04:37 PM »

Apparently, Reade was pushing the King interview last year as corroboration of her previous allegation, that has since changed. This would seem to match more with the actual topic of the King's episode, which involved hostile work environments in Washington.

Link?
Not rock-solid proof, but this person on twitter say they found a tweet of her saying she told reporters about it last year.

pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #552 on: April 24, 2020, 11:06:16 PM »

The Trump-supporting "leftists" at the Intercept are going to keep desperately cycling through some combination of rapist-dementia-corrupt smears until election day. We can safely ignore these losers; none of this is sticking to Teflon Joe.

What you have to understand is that people like Ryan Grim have been saying for months and even years now that Biden can't win, so now they are now trying to destroy Biden because, if he does win, they lose a lot (if not all) of their credibility.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #553 on: April 24, 2020, 11:08:14 PM »

The Trump-supporting "leftists" at the Intercept are going to keep desperately cycling through some combination of rapist-dementia-corrupt smears until election day. We can safely ignore these losers; none of this is sticking to Teflon Joe.

What you have to understand is that people like Ryan Grim have been saying for months and even years now that Biden can't win, so now they are now trying to destroy Biden because, if he does win, they lose a lot (if not all) of their credibility.
Sad but true
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #554 on: April 25, 2020, 02:05:16 AM »

The way that Biden supporters have been treating sexual assault allegations is deplorable. They’ve made it beyond clear that they see sexual assault allegations as nothing more than political ammunition
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #555 on: April 25, 2020, 02:15:10 AM »

Remember when the Biden Bros here were saying that she’s just some salty Bernie supporter trying to tear Biden down? Well she must have been Bernie’s biggest fan ever if she was already accusing Biden of sexual assault in 1993.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #556 on: April 25, 2020, 02:42:39 AM »

Anecdotally, this story is beginning to have a little more legs this week. Will be interesting to see how it progresses.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #557 on: April 25, 2020, 02:47:59 AM »

Remember when the Biden Bros here were saying that she’s just some salty Bernie supporter trying to tear Biden down? Well she must have been Bernie’s biggest fan ever if she was already accusing Biden of sexual assault in 1993.
She wasn’t.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #558 on: April 25, 2020, 02:48:53 AM »

When is this bulls**t gonna die?
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #559 on: April 25, 2020, 02:50:51 AM »

What's your source for her "accusing Biden of sexual assault in 1993" ?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #560 on: April 25, 2020, 02:57:45 AM »

When is this bulls**t gonna die?

When Putin stops funding "leftist" outfits like the Intercept.
chibul
Rookie
« Reply #561 on: April 25, 2020, 03:40:08 AM »

Here's my opinion about what happened. Not that it matters. Maybe General McArthur will agree with me. 

----

Tara Reade got a job as a staffer with Joe Biden. She got to meet some other well respected senators like Ted Kennedy and John McCain and partied with other staff and senators and was told by other people that you had a bright future and if she continued to work hard she would be able to move her way up and make a nice six figure income. She loved being a staffer and being around powerful people.

At some point she got fired for reasons we don't know and she was extremely bitter for the next 30 years and her life has completely sucked after that. She came up with a story to her mom and brother that put the blame on Joe Biden and she was just crushed and depressed after that. She had trouble finding another job and she had a lot of downs and not very many ups in the next 30 years of her life. She may have even praised him publicly because she wanted the credibility of having worked for the Vice President of the United States if she was looking for a job and somebody googled her.

Still frustrated with where she was in life, in 2019 when people started saying that Joe Biden was invading woman's personal space she decided to throw her name in the hat. In 2020 she decided to go farther and do her best to destroy Joe Biden who she feels destroyed her life by firing her in 1993.

-----

I will believe rape or sexual assault was involved when other people start coming forward. Usually, as we even saw with Al Franken people who do things like this, do it a lot more than once. He was a US Senator from 1973 to 2008, so if he would have done this to one person I think he would have done it to 50 people in 35 years.

btw: I actually am friends on facebook with somebody I went to high school with that was a staffer for Joe Biden while he was VP. There's pictures on her Facebook page of her and her husband standing next to Joe Biden at his 2016 staff Christmas party. I am tempted to ask her her opinion about this case, but probably not a great idea.
jdk
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -0.68, S: -5.39

« Reply #562 on: April 25, 2020, 05:27:48 AM »

www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/04/24/tara-reade-biden-video-207670

New evidence surfaces in Tara Reade allegation against Biden

A 1993 video appears to show her mother calling the Larry King Show to discuss a claim against “a prominent senator.”

It wasn't a claim against a prominent senator-
It was that she experienced problems while working for a prominent center- something she didn't want to discuss "out of respect" for said senator- which to me implies she didn't want to drag him through the mud for something he didn't have anything to do with
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #563 on: April 25, 2020, 05:41:10 AM »

Wow this is blowing up the news feeds this morning. Politico, Fox News. Of course CNN doesn't have an ounce of it. Nice to see they are now the Democratic Party.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #564 on: April 25, 2020, 06:33:29 AM »

Here's my opinion about what happened. Not that it matters. Maybe General McArthur will agree with me. 

----

Tara Reade got a job as a staffer with Joe Biden. She got to meet some other well respected senators like Ted Kennedy and John McCain and partied with other staff and senators and was told by other people that you had a bright future and if she continued to work hard she would be able to move her way up and make a nice six figure income. She loved being a staffer and being around powerful people.

At some point she got fired for reasons we don't know and she was extremely bitter for the next 30 years and her life has completely sucked after that. She came up with a story to her mom and brother that put the blame on Joe Biden and she was just crushed and depressed after that. She had trouble finding another job and she had a lot of downs and not very many ups in the next 30 years of her life. She may have even praised him publicly because she wanted the credibility of having worked for the Vice President of the United States if she was looking for a job and somebody googled her.

Still frustrated with where she was in life, in 2019 when people started saying that Joe Biden was invading woman's personal space she decided to throw her name in the hat. In 2020 she decided to go farther and do her best to destroy Joe Biden who she feels destroyed her life by firing her in 1993.

-----

I will believe rape or sexual assault was involved when other people start coming forward. Usually, as we even saw with Al Franken people who do things like this, do it a lot more than once. He was a US Senator from 1973 to 2008, so if he would have done this to one person I think he would have done it to 50 people in 35 years.

btw: I actually am friends on facebook with somebody I went to high school with that was a staffer for Joe Biden while he was VP. There's pictures on her Facebook page of her and her husband standing next to Joe Biden at his 2016 staff Christmas party. I am tempted to ask her her opinion about this case, but probably not a great idea.

Thank you for this fanfiction.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #565 on: April 25, 2020, 06:40:55 AM »

Wow this is blowing up the news feeds this morning. Politico, Fox News. Of course CNN doesn't have an ounce of it. Nice to see they are now the Democratic Party.

So Fox news you are claiming fox news is now part of the Democratic Party  lol but in all serious

I for 1 would be upset if the Media Hyped up Tara Reade while ignoring they Many more Woman that has said that Trump has rapped them

If I was Biden Camp I would Make 100 percent sure that if were are going to play the "Me Too" Game than Trump's accusers should also have their voices heard just as some want to to hear from  Tara Reade

If the GOP want to make this election about who raped who than So be it
the Dems will have to fight fire with fire  (Biden 1 accuser vs trump 20 )

that is ugly path for this election to take and Im not sure that the public this in the middle of a recession will really care about any of this at all. Trump and Bill Clinton  allegations were way worse and it simply did not matter in the end

If Unemployment is over 11 percent on election day as the CBO is now projecting it will be.
all the Tara Reade in the world will not save Trump and Biden will probably our next president
chibul
Rookie
« Reply #566 on: April 25, 2020, 06:57:02 AM »

----

-----

More truth to it than Tara Reade's version and I wasn't even there!
roxas11
United States

« Reply #567 on: April 25, 2020, 06:59:12 AM »
« Edited: April 25, 2020, 07:03:24 AM by roxas11 »

A 1993 video appears to show her mother calling the Larry King Show to discuss a claim against “a prominent senator.”

Not really evidence at all
At no point in that clip is rape or harassment ever brought up
she simply said that Tara Reade was having problems with a senator

In reality this woman could have been talking about anything or anyone. its way too vague for me to look at that as hard evidence that Biden rapped anybody.

Honestly stuff like this kind of scares me
you mean to tell me if woman goes on TV right now and says that she was having "problems" with me at work. people will automatically think that means I was trying harass or rape her lol

I guess it is true what they say about today's society "Guilty until proven innocent"

jdk
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -0.68, S: -5.39

« Reply #568 on: April 25, 2020, 07:05:34 AM »

Not really evidence at all
At no point in the clip is rape or harassment ever brought up
she simply said that Tara Reade was having problems with a senator

In reality this woman could have been talking about anything or anyone. its way too vague for me to look at that as evidence that Biden rapped anbody.

Honestly stuff like this kind of scares me
you mean to tell me if woman goes on TV right now and says that she was having "problems" with me. people will automatically think that means I was trying harass or rape her lol

I guess it is true what they say about today's society "Guilty until proven innocent"

Thing is, she didn't even say she was having problems with the Senator... she had problems while working for a senator

-which she didn't want to talk about out of respect for the Senator-

Now if you have problems at work, and you choose not to talk about it out of respect for your boss- the implication is that they had nothing to do with those problems and you don't want to talk about whatever happened because it could potentially impact them negatively
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #569 on: April 25, 2020, 07:08:25 AM »

----

-----

More truth to it than Tara Reade's version and I wasn't even there!

No it just read like the lucid fantasies of someone with too much time on their hands.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #570 on: April 25, 2020, 07:09:37 AM »

Side note why wasn’t Reaganfan banned after his anti-Semitic comments about Bloomberg?
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #571 on: April 25, 2020, 08:00:16 AM »
« Edited: April 25, 2020, 08:13:58 AM by #Klobmentum »

So, two things that bother me.

First, there is a quote from Reade from a while ago where she said she didn't blame Biden for her problems in Washington but that she did blame the people around him. That to me could mean she felt she had been poorly treated by his staff but couldnt do anything about it.

Second, her mother said the only option Reade has was going to the press. But why didnt Reade have the option to go to the police? And further more, Reade said this call to Larry King specifically mentioned her sexual harassment, yet the actual transcript mentions no such thing.

I dont not believe Tara Reade, but the holes in her story make me cautious.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #572 on: April 25, 2020, 08:23:02 AM »

First, there is a quote from Reade from a while ago where she said she didn't blame Biden for her problems in Washington but that she did blame the people around him. That to me could mean she felt she had been poorly treated by his staff but couldnt do anything about it.

Second, her mother said the only option Reade has was going to the press. But why didnt Reade have the option to go to the police? And further more, Reade said this call to Larry King specifically mentioned her sexual harassment, yet the actual transcript mentions no such thing.

The point here seems to be that Reade has a history of lying over and over again, and continues to do so.
chibul
Rookie
« Reply #573 on: April 25, 2020, 08:40:50 AM »

This is what I was trying to say in what I think happened. I think something happened between Tara and Biden's staff that caused Tara to get fired and now all these years later she still has bitter feelings about this and is trying to bring down Joe Biden. She went bankrupt not that long ago with 400 grand in debt, so life obviously hasn't been easy for her since getting fired.

It's impossible for me to believe that if Joe Biden did this once, he didn't do this 100 times to other woman, so until other woman start coming forward it's going to be tough to convince me of what happened.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #574 on: April 25, 2020, 08:49:50 AM »

This is what I was trying to say in what I think happened. I think something happened between Tara and Biden's staff that caused Tara to get fired and now all these years later she still has bitter feelings about this and is trying to bring down Joe Biden. She went bankrupt not that long ago with 400 grand in debt, so life obviously hasn't been easy for her since getting fired.

It's impossible for me to believe that if Joe Biden did this once, he didn't do this 100 times to other woman, so until other woman start coming forward it's going to be tough to convince me of what happened.
That’s another thing. All other accusations Biden has faced before Reade were consistent with what we’ve seen publicly ie the shoulder rubbing/touchy stuff. Which is kinda weird don’t get me wrong but there is a line between what we’ve seen him do before and throwing someone against a wall and raping them like what Reade said happened
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies