Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 01:58:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 ... 250
Author Topic: Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0  (Read 289695 times)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3000 on: November 07, 2021, 01:51:20 PM »

Biden's approval rating is bad, but it's probably not that bad.
kwabbit

« Reply #3001 on: November 07, 2021, 02:47:45 PM »

Suffolk has been the worst non-R affiliated pollster for Democrats the past few years. Biden's approval is definitely not this bad, but the trend is still -7 net from their last poll.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #3002 on: November 07, 2021, 03:12:22 PM »
« Edited: November 07, 2021, 03:16:14 PM by Mr. MANDELA BARNES »

The Midterms are a yr from now and T Mac like Crust are retreads, we will have total different dynamics in the Midterms abd we only lost by 4 not 20 pts VA

We also need VR reform Sinema and Manchin are gonna have no excuse come Jan when Debt Ceiling and Spending bills passed to keep opposing Filibuster reform

Of Bobby Scott runs in 2025 for VA Gov he will be Fav over Sears it would equivalent to Steele v Rashurn Baker in MD come 2022
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #3003 on: November 07, 2021, 04:19:04 PM »
« Edited: November 07, 2021, 04:22:11 PM by Mr. MANDELA BARNES »

The Silver lining to an R takeover is Hunter Biden can't hide behind Pelosi shirt, anymore, he will be investigated by R H especially since Rs are Favs, as of now in the H, not in the S Dems still are Favs in the S but narrowly

Anyone that think Hunter won't be investigated, the RS was investigating Hunter during 2029 that's why along with Tara Reade D's didn't get the map they wanted White female R Congress like Collins and Ernst wom on Reade
roxas11
United States

« Reply #3004 on: November 07, 2021, 05:09:54 PM »
« Edited: November 07, 2021, 05:19:42 PM by roxas11 »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/11/07/biden-approval-falls-38-midterms-loom-usa-today-suffolk-poll/6320098001/?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot

Increasingly, it feels like people are living in an a alternate universe because reading this USA today article you would have no idea that all of this is currently happening under Biden right now

Covid has also massively declined around the country, yet based on how some of the folks in the USA today article are acting you would think unemployment was at 20 percent and covid wiped out half the US population lol

I Used to think that worries about inflation was driving all of this, but to be honest, I'm not sure I buy that anymore. President Gerald Ford had inflation and a far worse economy, but even he was not getting numbers like this. I think what we are really seeing is the effect disinformation on social media is having on Biden and the Dems. Facebook has actually convinced a lot of people that they are in the middle of the Great depression....

BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #3005 on: November 07, 2021, 05:22:56 PM »

Biden's presidency is over from a political standpoint (due to no fault of his own), but he should try and get as much done before he is a literal lame duck in January 2023. His heart is (mostly) in the right place.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #3006 on: November 07, 2021, 05:57:30 PM »
« Edited: November 07, 2021, 06:01:40 PM by Mr. MANDELA BARNES »

Biden's presidency is over from a political standpoint (due to no fault of his own), but he should try and get as much done before he is a literal lame duck in January 2023. His heart is (mostly) in the right place.

What, do you realize what his NPVI was in 20 it was 50/45 not 60/40, the Rs are reading too much into VA, Biden 45/52 is near 50/45, Rs slightly favs in the H and D's are slightly Favs in the S Biden is leading in WI by 4 pts and Kaine is gonna win VA in 2024 the worst case scenario is RH and DS and DPrez 2023/25

Rs are still underdogs in S stop going by daily tracking polls and it's a yr til Election

These are politicians they all break promised when they get in office no matter what party they are

I lived in Chicago Mayor Daley broke promises every 4 yrs but got reelected and so did Obama, break promised he had 59 votes and didn't get rid of Filibuster except for Obamacare and he could got DC Statehood
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #3007 on: November 07, 2021, 06:02:26 PM »

What, do you realize what his NPVI was in 20 it was 50/45 not 60/40, the Rs are slightly favs in the H and D's are slightly Favs in the S Biden is leading in WI by 4 pts and Kaine is gonna win VA in 2024 the worst case scenario is RH and DS and DPrez 2023/25

Rs are still underdogs in S stop going by daily tracking polls and it's a yr til Election

These are politicians they all break promised when they get in office no matter what party they are

I lived in Chicago Mayor Daley broke promises every 4 yrs but got reelected and so did Obama, break promised he had 59 votes and didn't get rid of Filibuster except for Obamacare and he could got DC Statehood
Biden’s approvals now are low 40s on average, with >50% disapproval. Not every poll is an outlier.

Trump was also 47% in the 2018 exit polls and 50% in the 2020 exit polls, and his party lost both elections. Food for thought.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #3008 on: November 07, 2021, 06:05:57 PM »

Acually I just noticed that the date of the Suffolk poll is NOV. 3-5

meaning that we still don't know the full impact of the passage of the infrastructure bill or even the recent jobs report

this is important since the Suffolk poll showed that the infrastructure bill was actually very popular, and even the reconciliation bill still had more people saying they support it compared to those who don't
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3009 on: November 07, 2021, 06:09:31 PM »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/11/07/biden-approval-falls-38-midterms-loom-usa-today-suffolk-poll/6320098001/?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot

Increasingly, it feels like people are living in an a alternate universe because reading this USA today article you would have no idea that all of this is currently happening under Biden right now

Covid has also massively declined around the country, yet based on how some of the folks in the USA today article are acting you would think unemployment was at 20 percent and covid wiped out half the US population lol

I Used to think that worries about inflation was driving all of this, but to be honest, I'm not sure I buy that anymore. President Gerald Ford had inflation and a far worse economy, but even he was not getting numbers like this. I think what we are really seeing is the effect disinformation on social media is having on Biden and the Dems. Facebook has actually convinced a lot of people that they are in the middle of the Great depression....

Yep, nearly 50% in the latest YouGov Economist poll say "the economy is getting worse." I almost can't tell if people are either living in an alternate reality, or they really think that the entire economy is based on inflation and gas prices. I feel like it's the latter, b/c that's the only that makes sense.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3010 on: November 07, 2021, 06:20:38 PM »

Polling done this weekend will generally not get published until the middle of this week. America has been under much political stress, and in general people dislike political stress.

President Biden bet big and won. Americans like political winners.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #3011 on: November 07, 2021, 06:35:28 PM »

Yep, nearly 50% in the latest YouGov Economist poll say "the economy is getting worse." I almost can't tell if people are either living in an alternate reality, or they really think that the entire economy is based on inflation and gas prices. I feel like it's the latter, b/c that's the only that makes sense.

even that really does not make sense because Obama had a worse economy and high gas prices in 2012 and his numbers were still not as low as Biden currently is right now

As I said before, I'm not longer buying this inflation argument because we had many presidents who faced high inflation and high gas prices yet not a single one of them was as low as Biden is

At this point I'm convinced that social media is having a far bigger impact on how American see the economy than many of us would like to admit
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #3012 on: November 07, 2021, 06:37:04 PM »

Polling done this weekend will generally not get published until the middle of this week. America has been under much political stress, and in general people dislike political stress.

I look forward to your state polling updates a week from now, then.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3013 on: November 07, 2021, 06:38:32 PM »

even that really does not make sense because Obama had a worse economy and high gas prices in 2012 and his numbers were still not as low as Biden currently is right now

As I said before, I'm not longer buying this inflation argument because we had many presidents who faced high inflation and high gas prices yet not a single one of them was as low as Biden is

At this point I'm convinced that social media is having a far bigger impact on how American see the economy than many of us would like to admit

I also think it's a lot of the mainstream news outlets as well. GMA, Today, all of the news programs that many regular Americans watch have been yelling "supply chain crisis!" for weeks now among other things, so I think there is a sense that things are much worse than they are because that's what they're being told.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #3014 on: November 07, 2021, 07:01:50 PM »

I also think it's a lot of the mainstream news outlets as well. GMA, Today, all of the news programs that many regular Americans watch have been yelling "supply chain crisis!" for weeks now among other things, so I think there is a sense that things are much worse than they are because that's what they're being told.

There is no doubt that the media has also played a big role and that is one of the big reasons why passing the infrastructure bill was so important because it forced them to also cover the massive win for a Dems on infrastructure and spend less time hyping up supply chain issues

even Chuck Todd was forced to cut his gloom and doom talking points short today because he had to bring up the infrastructure win for Biden lol

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3015 on: November 07, 2021, 07:04:24 PM »

Hopefully this is the "Return to Normalcy" that everyone is talking about as COVID cases fall, some of the unreasonable trade wars and the endless wars end, and prices starting to stabilize. There is some "trouble ahead" but it looks manageable provided no one does something epically retarded in the next 6-18 months or pisses off God again.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #3016 on: November 07, 2021, 07:53:29 PM »

It will be interesting to see the affects of infra this week and weather or not they gave Biden the boost he needs
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #3017 on: November 07, 2021, 09:38:07 PM »

BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #3018 on: November 07, 2021, 09:39:01 PM »

Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3019 on: November 08, 2021, 05:24:26 AM »

People has vague and different definition on "Economy".

Alternative universe for roxas:
  • real wages are sinking for most => some say "economy" gets worse
  • people got a lot of money last year and earlier this year, both from Trump and from Biden, no any longer => fewer money => economy gets worse [compared to when, people got extra money + for some generous unemployment insurance]
  • gasoline
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3020 on: November 08, 2021, 05:38:50 AM »

Suffolk has been the worst non-R affiliated pollster for Democrats the past few years. Biden's approval is definitely not this bad, but the trend is still -7 net from their last poll.

The "worst" pollsters for Democrats were the best ones in 2016/2020 and now in VA/NJ, but still on average underestimated GOP.

Back to VA/NJ. We didn't get any exit polls from NJ (having Biden's approvals underwater), but vi gave a lot of polls and VA's exit polls, he was -7 underwater. Given that VA was 14 point towards Democrats in 2020, you'll get... -7 -14 = -21... Exactly, what Suffolk showed.  Not just NJ/VA, but IMHO the state polling overall indicate, that national polling overrates Biden's "true" approvals.

I obviously prefer the average rather than single polls, but Biden's approval definitely could be that bad right now.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3021 on: November 08, 2021, 06:38:16 AM »

The "worst" pollsters for Democrats were the best ones in 2016/2020 and now in VA/NJ, but still on average underestimated GOP.

Back to VA/NJ. We didn't get any exit polls from NJ (having Biden's approvals underwater), but vi gave a lot of polls and VA's exit polls, he was -7 underwater. Given that VA was 14 point towards Democrats in 2020, you'll get... -7 -14 = -21... Exactly, what Suffolk showed.  Not just NJ/VA, but IMHO the state polling overall indicate, that national polling overrates Biden's "true" approvals.

I obviously prefer the average rather than single polls, but Biden's approval definitely could be that bad right now.

Yeah, I really wish we had a NJ exit poll to compare with the VA one. The VA one points to a worse Biden national average than what he has right now.

However, results in GA and PA don't point to an approval that is as bad as the VA one, so that's what makes the picture more murky.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #3022 on: November 08, 2021, 07:29:07 AM »
« Edited: November 08, 2021, 07:34:16 AM by Mr. MANDELA BARNES »

You do know that 11M job orders Remain infilled and 8M unemploted because users are spending too much time on Atlas forum and Disability is a big part of it

Some people have been milking Disability for 10/20 yrs since their 20s not people that's been on n it under 5 yrs I met people on Disability that's been on it since their 20s

Some people are living off inheritance, their parents and not working either, living in there Moms basement and living off inheritance, exacerbated by Pandemic

People living off their parents wealth and not getting their own or people been on Disability since they're 20 s are not benefiting no one by staying home and being on Atlas talking about how badly Biden Approvals R.

Conservative for the most part have middle class not poverty level incomes and are the ones criticizing Biden, D's are  Liberal for a reason we are poor, Blue avatars are rich, that's why they vote R because Youngkin and DeSantis, Reynolds and DeWine that have 57% Approvals don't raise taxest
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #3023 on: November 08, 2021, 09:57:08 AM »

roxas11
United States

« Reply #3024 on: November 08, 2021, 10:06:28 AM »

People has vague and different definition on "Economy".

Alternative universe for roxas:
  • real wages are sinking for most => some say "economy" gets worse
  • people got a lot of money last year and earlier this year, both from Trump and from Biden, no any longer => fewer money => economy gets worse [compared to when, people got extra money + for some generous unemployment insurance]
  • gasoline

I said in the past, we have had presidents who had High gas prices, High inflation and a far worse economy than Biden currently has yet not even Jimmy Carter was getting Biden numbers at this point

Which is crazy because the situation with inflation gas prices and the economy in 1970s was worse than anything Americans are experiencing right now. As I said before Facebook is shaping how Americans feel about the economy more than the real economy is.

Finally, having a different definition on the "Economy" is one thing, but people actually believing that they are living in The great depression is another

Now sure inflation sucks, but I personally would never compare my current situation to what these people experienced in the 1930s....

It's a smack in the face to those who lived during that horrible time in American history for some people today to run around claiming they are experiencing suffering even worse than this right now
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 ... 250  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies