Hotter, Badder, and Unpopularer Takes
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:28:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Hotter, Badder, and Unpopularer Takes
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 64
Author Topic: Hotter, Badder, and Unpopularer Takes  (Read 95392 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: August 02, 2019, 12:20:12 AM »

^ Amazing how wrong I got you ideologically a few years ago, lol.

Huh?
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #476 on: August 03, 2019, 06:52:52 PM »

People who supported Kavanaugh in 2018 are at least 100 times more deplorable than people who supported Trump in 2016.
James Monroe

« Reply #477 on: August 03, 2019, 06:58:36 PM »

California has elected some of the best senators of the last 35 years.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #478 on: August 03, 2019, 07:00:16 PM »

The "2" setting on fans is the most useful.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #479 on: August 06, 2019, 02:45:47 PM »

Scalding take: Joe Biden would narrowly beat Trump in PA 8th CD.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #480 on: August 06, 2019, 03:30:58 PM »

Don't let IceSpear here you

I actually agree though. Bernie could win it too.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #481 on: August 06, 2019, 03:55:26 PM »

Don't let IceSpear here you

I actually agree though. Bernie could win it too.

Eh, idk about Bernie, I only said that because it's Biden's turf and he fits it ok still.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #482 on: August 07, 2019, 10:11:35 AM »

I have an irrational dislike of the "Tilt" rating, especially if Tilt and Tossup are used in the same rating system (should be Tossup > Lean R/Lean D or no tossup and just Tilt R/D).
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #483 on: August 07, 2019, 10:12:40 AM »
« Edited: August 07, 2019, 03:44:10 PM by Bagel23 »

I have an irrational dislike of the "Tilt" rating, especially if Tilt and Tossup are used in the same rating system (should be Tossup > Lean R/Lean D or no tossup and just Tilt R/D).

I have an irrational hate of tossups, and I love the tilt rating, like I think tossup is chickening out.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #484 on: August 07, 2019, 11:19:36 AM »

-Lifehouse and Sum 41 are great bands.  More broadly, the early 2000's was the best time for music overall.

-Many people who are pro-choice know deep down abortion is wrong but resist it as they are uncomfortable with with the implications of fetal personhood as it relates to our national moral fabric and inherent individual depravity.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #485 on: August 07, 2019, 04:50:40 PM »

-Many people who are pro-choice know deep down abortion is wrong but resist it as they are uncomfortable with with the implications of fetal personhood as it relates to our national moral fabric and inherent individual depravity.

I think this may be why so many oppose to abortion after a certain amount of months
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #486 on: August 07, 2019, 04:51:25 PM »

My immortal is the best fanfiction ever made
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #487 on: August 08, 2019, 01:40:05 AM »

Since we're talking about bands, I'm not much of a Iron Maiden fan to be honest.
Not a bad opinion at all. They suck.

I tried to get into them, but I just could never do it.

Sad

2nd Wave of British Heavy Metal using themes involving Nuclear War, ballads of and songs talking about oppression of Native American communities, etc....

Way back in the 1980s before MTV became a bunch of corporate shill sell-outs their rock videos and albums, did something that even Black Sabbath hadn't done in the Hard Rock /Metal Scene in the US....

Iron Maiden: "Run to the Hills"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86URGgqONvA

"Two Minutes to Midnight"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qbRHY1l0vc

Now, despite many of y'alls opinion regarding Maiden, they helped create a Domestic American Heavily Metal Sound and directly created to the the hard driving bands such as Metallica, and many others....

DEM primary fans something tells me that Biden and Bernie would perform best among this demographic.....
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #488 on: August 08, 2019, 03:35:23 PM »

the big gov statist r gonna be real mad when McAfee wins in 2020 and legalizes recreational cocaine
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #489 on: August 09, 2019, 01:35:29 AM »

the big gov statist r gonna be real mad when McAfee wins in 2020 and legalizes recreational cocaine

Dope and Diamonds...

That's a pretty cool post and reminds me of one of my favorite Musicians of all Waylon Jennings when it comes to your screen name combines with this post.

Honestly had to google the dude, and suddenly he appears that he might be "contender" for the 2020 Libertarian Nod.

Now we have to look at the classic Americana film "On the Waterfront" starring Marlon Brandon that is a story about the Dockworker strikes in San Francisco.....

http://www.thisdayinquotes.com/2011/07/i-coulda-been-contender.html

Something tells me that if Gary Johnson runs and is accepted as the Libertarian Candidate for President of the United States of America that he will hands down defeat McAfee, who has a fairly controversial background that includes everything from IRS tax evasion, to relocation in "Communist" countries as part of some sort of political asylum deal, etc....

He is a real Kook and Crook, who appears to have used his massive fortune to essentially try to escape the "long arm of the law".

Why do I wonder that when my factory installed McAfee Anti-Virus software that expired several years back, acts more like a Virus than actual viruses???

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McAfee_2020_presidential_campaign

Still if I were to support an LBT candidate for PRES in 2020, I still remember the dude that claimed his dream was to defend his giant Marijuana plantation with his machine guns would likely perform better than McAfee in the 2020 Libertarian Party convention....

RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #490 on: August 09, 2019, 12:05:52 PM »

-Lifehouse and Sum 41 are great bands.  More broadly, the early 2000's was the best time for music overall.

I agree with everything you wrote.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #491 on: August 09, 2019, 12:38:02 PM »

"Pub" is such an awful shorthand for Republican.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #492 on: August 09, 2019, 10:39:33 PM »

My Irish-Welsh-English side of the family would likely agree.     Wink

A Pub is supposed to be a neighborhood gathering place after people get off work, and regardless of whatever is going on.

Here is a song about Maggie Thatcher, that involves "Pubs and Cans".

These types of conversations were not unusual at all in Working-Class "Watering Holes" in both the UK and the USA until recently....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g62fJPEa804

I use the term "pub" to refer to republicans as as essentially shorthand, just like I use the term DEM to refer to Democrats....

Is it optimal?   NO.

Still, sometimes when writing maybe thousands of words in certain nights, I gotta' abbreviate when I can, despite a 60 WPM typing speed..... Sad
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #493 on: August 10, 2019, 10:03:47 AM »
« Edited: August 10, 2019, 10:06:51 AM by Tartarus Sauce »

I'm pretty sure I made this point earlier in this thread's life, but it bears repeating: the ignore function is one of the most useful features of the forum and people here have this rather silly notion that using it must make you weak-minded and overly sensitive to differing opinions.

There are multiple people on this forum of both left-wing and right-wing persuasion who are little more than white-noise generators that rarely add substantial, thoughtful contributions to political discussion. Empty words from empty minds so to speak. Time is a valuable commodity and I care about how it gets spent here, and I've never felt like I've cheated myself from being exposed to a diversity of thought by putting said individuals on my ignore list. If anything, it has made the forum browsing experience immeasurably better by actually leaving up the thoughts worth reading, including from those on the opposite side of the aisle whom I disagree with ideologically.  

And we should all be thankful that the ignore function is there for those in our community who are "weak-minded." It makes them far-less likely to get into petty spats with other members they don't get along with anyway, leaving the rest of us with less garbage to sift through.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #494 on: August 10, 2019, 12:17:37 PM »

I'm pretty sure I made this point earlier in this thread's life, but it bears repeating: the ignore function is one of the most useful features of the forum and people here have this rather silly notion that using it must make you weak-minded and overly sensitive to differing opinions.

There are multiple people on this forum of both left-wing and right-wing persuasion who are little more than white-noise generators that rarely add substantial, thoughtful contributions to political discussion. Empty words from empty minds so to speak. Time is a valuable commodity and I care about how it gets spent here, and I've never felt like I've cheated myself from being exposed to a diversity of thought by putting said individuals on my ignore list. If anything, it has made the forum browsing experience immeasurably better by actually leaving up the thoughts worth reading, including from those on the opposite side of the aisle whom I disagree with ideologically.  

And we should all be thankful that the ignore function is there for those in our community who are "weak-minded." It makes them far-less likely to get into petty spats with other members they don't get along with anyway, leaving the rest of us with less garbage to sift through.

At one level, I agree with you.  The main reason I don't use the ignore feature is that I don't wish to be the last to know when someone has spread vicious falsehoods about me, and that has, indeed, happened here.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #495 on: August 10, 2019, 03:39:37 PM »

Even worse than GOP
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #496 on: August 10, 2019, 03:46:57 PM »
« Edited: August 10, 2019, 04:01:14 PM by Green Line »

It hurts me every time I read it on here.  I think a certain poster started doing it years ago and unfortunately it caught on
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #497 on: August 10, 2019, 05:43:14 PM »

It hurts me every time I read it on here.  I think a certain poster started doing it years ago and unfortunately it caught on

That sounds 666/10
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #498 on: August 10, 2019, 06:22:43 PM »

I've lived in LA for three weeks now, and non-ethnic whites of LA are consistently the worst, most entitled people I've ever met. Hispanics, Armenians, Middle Easterners, East Asians, etc. have all been friendly and inviting, but your typical whites are just unrepentant trash.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #499 on: August 10, 2019, 07:06:23 PM »

I've lived in LA for three weeks now, and non-ethnic whites of LA are consistently the worst, most entitled people I've ever met. Hispanics, Armenians, Middle Easterners, East Asians, etc. have all been friendly and inviting, but your typical whites are just unrepentant trash.

You land a teaching gig down there?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 64  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies