DC Unrest Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:33:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 ... 197
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 271800 times)
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2050 on: January 06, 2021, 11:22:16 PM »

Markey shooting straight and to the point. Just the truth.

Much better than whatever JKIII would be saying.

Speaking of which, where is MillennialModerate?

Is he... safe?

Is he... all right?

He can't be bothered with this, he's very concerned with the Georgia elections.  Currently tracking down provisional and overseas ballots to see if Perdue can get the margin down to recount territory.  
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2051 on: January 06, 2021, 11:22:21 PM »

lol

Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #2052 on: January 06, 2021, 11:22:37 PM »

Nothing of value was lost. HP.

The question is, can her family sue Jim Watkins (8chan owner and almost certainly "Q" himself) for this?

Or maybe we could expect that people take responsibility for their own actions, and that this person was a traitor who died a traitor’s death.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2053 on: January 06, 2021, 11:22:41 PM »

Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2054 on: January 06, 2021, 11:23:20 PM »

Reminder that peaceful protestors with disabilities in wheel chairs were arrested at the capitol but basically none of these thugs and looters were.

Police reform now.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #2055 on: January 06, 2021, 11:23:28 PM »

There's just something so incredibly ironic about QAnon people thinking they are fighting against an evil cabal of pedophiles while defending someone who is far more likely to actually be a pedophile than anyone they hate.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2056 on: January 06, 2021, 11:24:37 PM »

I wanted to admire how she served for 14 years in the Air Force aaaaannnnndddd turns out she was one of the biggest QAnon preachers on Twitter lmao
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2057 on: January 06, 2021, 11:24:37 PM »

Now that the dust has settled, I hope we can all at least recognize that those calling for the police to fire on the protestors was absolutely insane.  They handled the situation absolutely appropriately and minimized the carnage.  The Congress is already back in session and it doesn't appear that there is any irreparable damage.  It could have been a LOT worse if people had let their emotions direct them.
Just like with looters this summer, they should not have hesitated to fight back.
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #2058 on: January 06, 2021, 11:25:21 PM »

I wanted to admire how she served for 14 years in the Air Force aaaaannnnndddd turns out she was one of the biggest QAnon preachers on Twitter lmao
She f#%ked around and found out.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2059 on: January 06, 2021, 11:25:36 PM »

Scott Jennings on CNN is *pissed.* And he’s pretty reliably wishy-washy.

Nobody at CNN is entitled to an opinion on anything Trump supporters do until they take responsibility for this. If not for them Trump would've faded from the spotlight before the primary and they've spent four years giving them a voice and making this mainstream.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #2060 on: January 06, 2021, 11:26:35 PM »

Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2061 on: January 06, 2021, 11:27:50 PM »

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #2062 on: January 06, 2021, 11:28:10 PM »

Capitol police were much less friendly to anti Iraq war protesters.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_15,_2007_anti-war_protest
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #2063 on: January 06, 2021, 11:28:40 PM »

Nobody at CNN is entitled to an opinion on anything Trump supporters do until they take responsibility for this. If not for them Trump would've faded from the spotlight before the primary and they've spent four years giving them a voice and making this mainstream.

Again, I’m not saying he’s off the hook for past sins! I’m just reporting the feeling on the ground. I can point something out without necessarily applauding it.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2064 on: January 06, 2021, 11:28:45 PM »

Nobody at CNN is entitled to an opinion on anything Trump supporters do--if not for them Trump would've faded from the spotlight before the primary and they've spent four years giving them a voice.

To be fair, it was very hard to see how it would be THIS bad five years ago. Trump seemed to most people like a joke who would never get elected and even if he somehow did, be no worse than any other Republican while perhaps a bit more fun to watch. Even I didn't think it would get THIS bad. So I can't totally fault the media for being drawn into the Trump circus when it was still a novelty.

I CAN and DO, however, fault them for focusing so relentlessly on the "emails" non-scandal, especially in comparison to Trump's many, MANY very real and much more disturbing scandals. Hell, possibly the optimal result in 2016 would have been Trump winning the primary but then getting destroyed in the general, which is pretty much what I expected for most of late 2015 and early 2016. And if not for the media demanding a horse race, it very well could have ended like that.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #2065 on: January 06, 2021, 11:29:43 PM »

I keep telling people. Being in the military is literally just a job. Especially for people like her who were probably unemployable in any other profession. It's not inherently honorable. In fact, lots of people in the military are complete scum. The opposite is true, of course, but unconditional worship is not earned or deserved.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2066 on: January 06, 2021, 11:30:32 PM »

Trump also criticized Pence for the first time ever, either today or yesterday (I'm not exactly certain when). It's clear that he's turned on his Vice-President at this point. Hopefully, that motivates Pence to do what must be done and invoke the 25th Amendment.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2067 on: January 06, 2021, 11:30:48 PM »

Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2068 on: January 06, 2021, 11:31:03 PM »

I hope Mary Miller gets arrested and removed from office for inciting violence and sedition.

Starting a sentence with "Hitler was right" is never a good idea.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2069 on: January 06, 2021, 11:31:12 PM »

Capitol police were much less friendly to anti Iraq war protesters.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_15,_2007_anti-war_protest

Police corruption in this country is one of the greatest threats to peaceful stable society.  When political bias and bad apples nearly completely take over law enforcement (as they have) then it causes mass social unrest.  It allows insurrectionist scum like this to terrorize people.  It also is the reason we appropriately have the BLM movement which is sick of the double standard.  

Time to start cutting the pensions for these people until they stop acting like disgraceful terrorists.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2070 on: January 06, 2021, 11:31:36 PM »

I keep telling people. Being in the military is literally just a job. Especially for people like her who were probably unemployable in any other profession. It's not inherently honorable. In fact, lots of people in the military are complete scum. The opposite is true, of course, but unconditional worship is not earned or deserved.

True, being in the military certainly does not automatically make you a hero by any means. Two infamous snipers who shot people in Texas in the 60s, Charles Whitman and Lee Harvey Oswald, were both veterans. You can get THAT highly specific and still find bad people who were in the military.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2071 on: January 06, 2021, 11:31:48 PM »

It took unbelievable rot for the Soviet Union to collapse, and even there there was a fight and some Soviet holdouts. Organizational and planning ability aside, the plot here seemed to almost have succeeded and was going pretty well till the Virginia and Maryland national guard got involved.

I’m honestly terrified, as are most people aware of these facts.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2072 on: January 06, 2021, 11:32:06 PM »

Well now we know why the falling out between Trump and Pence just go super real.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #2073 on: January 06, 2021, 11:32:46 PM »

There are only two things I am willing to hear from Trump supporters right now.

1) "I am sorry. My vote aided and abetted an attempt at a fascist coup in the United States. I will now live the rest of my life attempting to atone for what I have done."

2) "I am clearly a terrible judge of character. Democrats, please educate me. How did you know the warning signs of Trump's narcissistic, dictatorial personality before I did? Before I ever cast another vote, I should learn how to watch for these things."

Anything else is either apologism, whataboutism, or genuine fascism.
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #2074 on: January 06, 2021, 11:33:13 PM »

I hate that ugly f#%ker’s smarmy grin.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 ... 197  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies