DC Unrest Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:38:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 269043 times)
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: January 06, 2021, 04:40:19 PM »

I’m officially recanting my statements of being unhappy that the GOP lost the senate . The Republicans deserved to lose it

Might be the first time I've ever genuinely regretted voting for Ted Cruz or, on a larger scale, thought about leaving the Republican Party.  

I am honestly consistently surprised that you're a Republican in the first place given how the party has gone recently.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 05:01:25 PM »

To those who live in reliably blue cities within red states, your state government and your police won’t protect you. Do not look to them for any help, nor expect any to be forthcoming. Instead, look to your neighbors and friends to support you. Try and form a self-defense organization. You have few options other than mutual self-defense.

Sorry but I'm not putting myself at risk for the lost cause this country has become. Nothing short of international administration is acceptable.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 05:40:30 PM »

So...how does this influence the 2022 midterms?

God dammit. Of course you'd ask that:

How does this effect the GOP’s chances of winning in the future?

Damn, and I was just about to praise this board for not engaging in sterile elections talk that seem comparatively meaningless in light of this event.

This is... literally an elections discussion board. If you're expecting impact on future elections NOT to come up, you're in the wrong place.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 05:44:29 PM »

Many left-wing twitter users are saying it's the real face of America.
They consider it as the worst country ever in the history of mankind.
Their solution is f America to be dismantled, forgotten, erased forever.

Some leftifts’ hatred for the country is distressing

Silence Republican.

This country is broken and only by acknowledging it is anything going to change.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 05:52:27 PM »

Silence Republican.

This country is broken and only by acknowledging it is anything going to change.

No, I’m not a Republican but I still love my country and recognize the need for change. These people see the country as a lost cause and have no loyalty to it.

Denying that this is the real America is denying that deep systematic change is needed. Otherwise it is in fact a lost cause.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 06:00:10 PM »

Silence Republican.

No, I’m not a Republican but I still love my country and recognize the need for change. These people see the country as a lost cause and have no loyalty to it.

Denying that this is the real America is denying that deep systematic change is needed. Otherwise it is in fact a lost cause.

Biden is right, this is not what America is. The idea that this is who we are is akin to giving up

Biden does not deserve to be president then. He will not be getting my vote again as he's making it crystal clear he has no intention of changing anything. He chooses to live in the fantasy world centrists have crafted where all is good and the system works only a few people are causing all the trouble. I will not put my support behind that sort of willful ignorance.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2021, 06:02:37 PM »

Silence Republican.

Biden is right, this is not what America is. The idea that this is who we are is akin to giving up

Biden does not deserve to be president then. He will not be getting my vote as he's making it crystal clear he has no intention of changing anything. He chooses to live in the fantasy world centrists have crafted where all is good and the system works only a few people are causing all the trouble. I will not put my support behind that sort of willful ignorance.

So give in to the MAGA terrorists then? Their goal is to destroy the American republic and its democracy.

As long as "Unity" people like Biden are in office they're going to get away with doing it anyway.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2021, 06:03:54 PM »

Silence Republican.

Biden does not deserve to be president then. He will not be getting my vote again as he's making it crystal clear he has no intention of changing anything. He chooses to live in the fantasy world centrists have crafted where all is good and the system works only a few people are causing all the trouble. I will not put my support behind that sort of willful ignorance.

Biden absolutely will be changing things. He just happens to believe that America can become better without destroying everything. There's a whole lot of room between "America is irredeemable and the worst country ever" and "American can do no wrong."

There's also a difference between pointing out, correctly, that this is what America is, and that this needs to change, and the strawman claim that anybody who doesn't fall in line with the brainwashed centrist cult treats America as the worst thing ever.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2021, 06:06:24 PM »

Silence Republican.

Biden does not deserve to be president then. He will not be getting my vote as he's making it crystal clear he has no intention of changing anything. He chooses to live in the fantasy world centrists have crafted where all is good and the system works only a few people are causing all the trouble. I will not put my support behind that sort of willful ignorance.

A belief in what America stands for means he won’t do anything?

You are just making things up, he has never once indicated that he has no intention of changing anything. Also, the election has already happened, so why don’t you just wait and see what he does

"This isn't who we are" is nothing more than sugar coating "we don't need to improve" because it brushes aside systematic problems for meaningless feel good garbage. Only by acknowledging this is what we are as a country can you work on improving.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2021, 06:09:23 PM »

Weird, I was told the “American Carnage” would stop with Trump and that he would restore “Law and Order.”

Well he was technically right about how things would be if Biden won--sort of makes those commercials seem like a threat now in retrospect.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2021, 06:13:03 PM »

Anyone still wanna argue that Andrew F—King Jackson or something was a worse president?

I offer now as the time to make that claim.

I would've argued Buchanan was the worst, at least Jackson didn't stand for treason.

But Trump's certainly taken the title regardless over the last few weeks.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2021, 06:38:37 PM »

Some left-wing Twitter users are the best allies of trumpists.

Yes, we get it, the actions of Republicans are entirely the left's fault, the Republicans are free of blame for anything they do.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2021, 06:42:07 PM »

F'ing insane

Its all projection at this point. Republicans literally have nothing else to offer.

So, is the inauguration even gonna be able to occur as planned?

Legit. I would approve this.

Gotta say, that's a cool shot.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2021, 07:53:26 PM »

This country is beyond saving, holy sh-t

Honestly I would've expected 35-40%.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2021, 08:56:56 PM »

Switching avatar for at least the next two weeks.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2021, 09:03:24 PM »

Another resignation

Rats are fleeing the sinking ship
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2021, 09:13:35 PM »

I just keep thinking how the midterms and 2024 will look for the GOP after today.

Don't expect a Democratic landslide. Much of the Republican base approves of what happened today, and we saw how 2020 turned out. But I think that the Democrats, if they turnout at high rates like they did last year and for the Georgia runoffs, stand a good chance of holding their ground and overcoming the Republicans in the next two election cycles.

Basically my thoughts are in states where Republicans are reliant on suburban support like Az, GA, and TX this won't go too well for them, but in like WI and IA they rely on rural, so this'll have little impact there

I don't want to hear anyone say I'm too "condescending" toward these people ever again.

There's still something to be said about not hitting a hornets nest.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2021, 09:28:46 PM »

No.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2021, 09:43:04 PM »

Did it occur to anyone to decontaminate the chambers before the (mostly elderly) members of congress returned to the floor? Most people in there weren't wearing masks and we're still in the middle of a health crisis.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2021, 09:47:22 PM »

Did it occur to anyone to decontaminate the chambers before the (mostly elderly) members of congress returned to the floor? Most people in there weren't wearing masks and we're still in the middle of a health crisis.
Most of them right now can honestly go f••• themselves, especially the ones with an R right now. Our security is more important than theirs

If you're going to make a partisan issue out of this, imagine the impact this can potentially have on the party makeup given how narrow D control is.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2021, 09:53:25 PM »

Most of them right now can honestly go f••• themselves, especially the ones with an R right now. Our security is more important than theirs

If you're going to make a partisan issue out of this, imagine the impact this can potentially have on the party makeup given how narrow D control is.

More elections right now doesn't bother me.

There are a lot of D senators from states with R governors who would appoint the successor.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2021, 10:01:57 PM »

So are they going to confirm the results tonight, or are we going to go through this same sh**t all over again tomorrow?
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2021, 11:25:36 PM »

Scott Jennings on CNN is *pissed.* And he’s pretty reliably wishy-washy.

Nobody at CNN is entitled to an opinion on anything Trump supporters do until they take responsibility for this. If not for them Trump would've faded from the spotlight before the primary and they've spent four years giving them a voice and making this mainstream.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2021, 02:28:00 AM »

I was just checking in the live stream. Oh my God. Those Republicans are so petty. How can they have lived through an attempted fascist coup and still go on with that bullsh*t.

Because what happened is what they've been hoping for for decades. If they're would be shaken up about anything it's that it failed.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2021, 05:35:36 AM »

I thought a Twitter ban is a Twitter ban? I thought accessing a site through a sock puppet was against TOS.

Wait did Trump actually do that? That's hilariously pathetic! Ban the socks too! They can just keep banning him over and over and over again for all I care!

Apparently it's the Deputy Chief of Staff's account.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies