The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 03:51:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX (search mode)
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 172856 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #125 on: June 09, 2023, 03:05:22 PM »

If Trump even spends one day in prison for any of his crimes, then it would be one of the greatest things to happen in American history.

Hopefully, he serves at the very least a year in prison.

I still don't see Trump serving even one day in federal prison, even with a Democratic president. The pressure the latter will be under to pardon, let alone commute, Trump for the supposed "good of the country" would be enormous and I definitely don't see a centrist like Biden withstanding it. It's just like with the former Confederate leaders and Nixon.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #126 on: June 11, 2023, 09:45:40 PM »

LOL the only reason Badger was a Republican was so he could vote in Republican primaries to ensure that his boss at the time would keep his job. Acting like he was ever a real Republican is laughable.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #127 on: June 12, 2023, 06:50:01 PM »

LOL the only reason Badger was a Republican was so he could vote in Republican primaries to ensure that his boss at the time would keep his job. Acting like he was ever a real Republican is laughable.

When I switched my registration to Dem from Pub, and immediately changed the color of my avatar here (some might remember that), my hand was literally shaking as I affixed my name to the requisite document. I had been a registered Pub for close to 50 years. This happened in 2015, pre-Trump, but the tides were not promising. The thing is that elements of any party coalition wax and wane. My element waned to extinction. It's gone.

I find it distasteful to question the motives of private citizens, as opposed to politicians on the make. We all have our own journeys, and I would like to think most of us traverse them in good faith.
I'm not "questioning" anything, it's per his own admission. It's not even a big deal in my opinion or I doubt anyone else's, I just think it's kind of silly to act like Badger was ever a real Republican, it's not like he ever voted for a Republican for President during that time...or ever.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #128 on: June 14, 2023, 08:18:54 PM »

Too bad we can't deport the native-born meth fiends first. Maybe we could giver citizenship to some illegal aliens on condition that they take the meth fiends' kids.

That may actually not be that bad of an idea.

When I worked at the Public Defender's Office in a major Ohio City about 15 years ago, part of my job was to about once a week along with two others in my office handle all the jail Arrangements that came in the night before. Literally everything from people picked up on a minor traffic warrant to death penalty cases whom I would represent for anywhere from 30 to 90 seconds (depending on how quick the judge was going) and make their initial Bond argument. In all misdemeanor cases I handled that weren't resolved that morning ( ranging from a decent portion to absolutely none depending on which judge was presiding), I would continue on as lawyer for their case in the coming weeks.

I regularly dealt with trash, both black and white, whose answers about prior employment or education I would quickly Garner from them too try to finagle a lower bond from the judge were usually frustrating to dispiriting. Oh I don't know, I used to work for McDonalds. How long ago? I don't know maybe a couple months I'll go. How long? I don't know, a few weeks then they fired me. Hey, make sure to tell the judge I want a recog Bond, okay?

The Hispanic defendants-- almost all illegals , not counting the  occasional  white guy  whose last name was Lopez or the like , were a Stark exception. They were a small percentage, though they've grown in the region since then, but without exception every single one of them had at least one, frequently two jobs, either in construction, landscaping, and / or restaurant work. They verified it with the names of their employers and phone numbers which whenever I followed up on inevitably were the truth. They're sole crimes - and I will admit this is before gangs moved into the region which they definitely have now - - were limited almost entirely to driving without a license for obvious reasons, and the occasional OVI. Not much difference from the whites and blacks I represented, perhaps with a slight Lee higher proportion due to some cultural differences about the acceptability of drinking and driving. The one guy whom I remember was caught for theft. He didn't even rip off a business of all the whites who were scared of Mexican crime, but actually the local Mexican grocery store. I'm not a fan of vigilante justice, but I won't lie I found it satisfying to read about how the store employees gave him a bit, though not excessive in my view, of street Justice before turning over the cops. Viva El Barrio!

I said it once, I said it a hundred times, and I'll say it again. I would gladly exchange damn near every Hispanic defendant I represented during those years and instead choose to deport a solid majority of the native-born black and white trash I like whom I represented. Those f*** tards were never going to contribute anything to this country or their society Beyond increased prison bills and illegitimate uncared for kids who would grow up sadly just like them.

And I will add Ann Coulter to that trade list, gladly.

You seem to be confused.  The good posts thread is that way: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=261105.1000]You seem to be confused.  The good posts thread is that way: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=261105.1000

Somehow, if I were a client of a lawyer who viewed me as some form of White Trash, I would forever be wondering after the fact if what services I received constituted "effective counsel".

Lolol! Oh you poor simple boomer. First off, how pathetic is it that you are trolling around old posts to try to necro bump a 6-year-old post for this thread?/i] LOL!

Yet you LOVE ProudModerate2 who had that infamous CARLHAYDEN reply, lol.

The rest of your post is correct of course, i just don't understand why people can't see that both Fuzzy and PM2 contribute absolutely nothing of value whatsoever instead of worshipping one and hating the other.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #129 on: June 14, 2023, 08:36:40 PM »

Too bad we can't deport the native-born meth fiends first. Maybe we could giver citizenship to some illegal aliens on condition that they take the meth fiends' kids.

That may actually not be that bad of an idea.

When I worked at the Public Defender's Office in a major Ohio City about 15 years ago, part of my job was to about once a week along with two others in my office handle all the jail Arrangements that came in the night before. Literally everything from people picked up on a minor traffic warrant to death penalty cases whom I would represent for anywhere from 30 to 90 seconds (depending on how quick the judge was going) and make their initial Bond argument. In all misdemeanor cases I handled that weren't resolved that morning ( ranging from a decent portion to absolutely none depending on which judge was presiding), I would continue on as lawyer for their case in the coming weeks.

I regularly dealt with trash, both black and white, whose answers about prior employment or education I would quickly Garner from them too try to finagle a lower bond from the judge were usually frustrating to dispiriting. Oh I don't know, I used to work for McDonalds. How long ago? I don't know maybe a couple months I'll go. How long? I don't know, a few weeks then they fired me. Hey, make sure to tell the judge I want a recog Bond, okay?

The Hispanic defendants-- almost all illegals , not counting the  occasional  white guy  whose last name was Lopez or the like , were a Stark exception. They were a small percentage, though they've grown in the region since then, but without exception every single one of them had at least one, frequently two jobs, either in construction, landscaping, and / or restaurant work. They verified it with the names of their employers and phone numbers which whenever I followed up on inevitably were the truth. They're sole crimes - and I will admit this is before gangs moved into the region which they definitely have now - - were limited almost entirely to driving without a license for obvious reasons, and the occasional OVI. Not much difference from the whites and blacks I represented, perhaps with a slight Lee higher proportion due to some cultural differences about the acceptability of drinking and driving. The one guy whom I remember was caught for theft. He didn't even rip off a business of all the whites who were scared of Mexican crime, but actually the local Mexican grocery store. I'm not a fan of vigilante justice, but I won't lie I found it satisfying to read about how the store employees gave him a bit, though not excessive in my view, of street Justice before turning over the cops. Viva El Barrio!

I said it once, I said it a hundred times, and I'll say it again. I would gladly exchange damn near every Hispanic defendant I represented during those years and instead choose to deport a solid majority of the native-born black and white trash I like whom I represented. Those f*** tards were never going to contribute anything to this country or their society Beyond increased prison bills and illegitimate uncared for kids who would grow up sadly just like them.

And I will add Ann Coulter to that trade list, gladly.

You seem to be confused.  The good posts thread is that way: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=261105.1000]You seem to be confused.  The good posts thread is that way: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=261105.1000

Somehow, if I were a client of a lawyer who viewed me as some form of White Trash, I would forever be wondering after the fact if what services I received constituted "effective counsel".

Lolol! Oh you poor simple boomer. First off, how pathetic is it that you are trolling around old posts to try to necro bump a 6-year-old post for this thread?/i] LOL!

Yet you LOVE ProudModerate2 who had that infamous CARLHAYDEN reply, lol.

Sorry, I genuinely have no idea what you're talking about.

BRTD this forum is filled with liberals.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to guess that an overhwhelming majority of people are going to vote that Fox has an obvious conservative bias.

Padfoot,

The forum used to be pretty balanced before the lefties here began a concerted compaign of harassment against moderate and conservative posters.
A lot of reasonable people have either left or taken a sabatical while the lefties conduct their attempted purge.

LOL.
The reason a lot of "conservative posters" have taken a "sabbatical" over the last 2 years is because they are embarrassed to comment about their idiot president that has an "R" next to his name. Period. They are so proud of themselves (and their party), that they cannot say anything negative about the Orange Clown. But there are some "moderate and conservative posters" who are completely disgusted with the trash occupying the WH, and they have stuck-around and are showing their complete displeasure with the current situation our nation is in. Hell, some have even left the GOP.
So don't come here with your tears blaming the "lefties campaign of harassment." Grow some!
And if the kitchen is too hot for you, stay out permanently.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #130 on: June 15, 2023, 02:25:38 PM »

Jesus was a low-energy loser, a fraudster who charged too much for parlor games, and a sexpest who damaged the long term trajectory of social movements within the Roman Empire.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #131 on: June 17, 2023, 11:12:37 AM »

The video you embedded in question literally doesn't exist and knowing your track record of solely posting to piss off the left, I doubt it was saying anything truthful.
It existed at the time I posted.

You should probably ask yourself why the video was removed from YouTube.
Because biden controls youtube
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #132 on: June 18, 2023, 01:12:26 PM »

Good to see that you support banning Muslim hijabis from becoming teachers and from participating in society. Very “Liberal” of you to regulate what women wear.
Turkey is a country that is 99% Muslim and it has implemented secularism in a very similar style to France. There are issues with how France handles the issue sure, but I think Turkey proves that the model itself is not a bad idea.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #133 on: June 29, 2023, 08:19:10 PM »

The Christian mail carrier case just continues this weird absolutist trend on reorienting all of society/economy around a person’s religious liberty in the most extreme way.
Maybe we should all just join a religion that doesn’t believe in student loans and demands single-payer healthcare, and the Supreme Court will see it’s done for us?

We can all become Jews to not have to pay any interest on anything?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #134 on: August 01, 2023, 01:20:32 PM »

New age, low church music is generally garbage, but Lauren Daigle is great.  Either way, nothing other than a hymn belongs in a church … it’s a matter of dignity and class, like come on.
LOL. By this logic band shirts don't belong in church either.

They don't ... people in a church should dress with some self respect.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #135 on: August 07, 2023, 09:09:30 AM »

In the "Is Shakespeare overrated?" thread.

Please point me to a scene Shakespeare wrote that's on the level of these.

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #136 on: August 10, 2023, 07:43:14 PM »

He should have been investigated but he shouldn't have been killed.
This is arguably worse than the George Floyd situation.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #137 on: August 15, 2023, 02:41:31 PM »

Just throwing this idea out there and I'm sure I'll be pummeled for it, I'm starting to wonder if Zelensky should be tried as a war criminal. Ukraine is not fighting this war on their own. Other countries are propping them up. If not for the others in this scenario, Zelensky would have had to give up a long time ago and would have saved a LOT of Ukrainian lives. And yet, here he is, begging for assistance, begging for more and more weapons, and more and more money, for what purpose? His own people are dying in massive amounts. How much killing is enough for this president?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #138 on: August 17, 2023, 12:05:02 AM »

We literally have people ackshullying about being friends with Nazis. Few things surprise me these days, but I did not expect this forum to fall this far.
No we don't. "People" is plural so there needs to be more than one. And nothing from that one posted should shock you.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #139 on: August 29, 2023, 06:39:41 PM »

What if Biden pardons him to ensure a clean race
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #140 on: September 07, 2023, 01:52:54 PM »

It's probably been at least a year since I've seen a jfern post, saw this quoted....and yep reminds me of why. Got to love the laughable implication that a rather liberal generic D type is OK with the Brooks Brothers riot and Bush v. Gore....kind of a continuation of his logic that people who dog on Trump must be fans of Bush.

An attempt to overturn a democratic election by force is not something that you can just shrug off.

This was shrugged off. Oh, I guess it wasn't just an attempt, so does that make it OK?

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #141 on: September 08, 2023, 03:59:39 PM »

This is old, and also from a banned poster...but HOLY SH!T imagine being this level of ignorant:

You're preacher to the choir. I'd say cut off all immigration to the U.S., atleast for a while. I believe we had zero immigration into America from the 1920s through the 1960s. If we did it for 40+ years, why not do it for a couple so we can regain our footing and sort out potential threats?

You can't save the sinking boat until you fill the leak, right?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #142 on: September 15, 2023, 10:38:26 AM »

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #143 on: September 19, 2023, 10:53:40 PM »

Democracy is when you kick your political opponents off the ballot.

So you are saying that when the Founding Fathers included such provisions into our Constitution, they did not want Democracy?
TIL the Founding Fathers drafted the 14th Amendment, ratified in 1868.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #144 on: October 05, 2023, 02:27:42 PM »

at least under Jeremy Corbyn the military would have been funded much better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #145 on: October 06, 2023, 08:37:31 AM »

Considering that the Venn diagram of Americans who are neo-Nazis and Americans who support the Confederacy is basically a complete circle, I think it’s pretty obvious who the CSA would side with
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #146 on: October 09, 2023, 07:39:33 AM »

Considering that the Venn diagram of Americans who are neo-Nazis and Americans who support the Confederacy is basically a complete circle, I think it’s pretty obvious who the CSA would side with

How exactly is this wrong? Okay, not all neoconfederates go so far as to be open specific neo-nazis, but the overlap is enormous.
For one South Africa joined the Allies, for another reason CSA would be far top economically linked to the UK and France, and joining the Axis with the US joining the Allies would be military suicide. Furthermore there was almost no support for the Nazis in the actual Jim Crow South. Other things are touched in the other replies to that thread. "They'd join the Axis because both were racist" is just laughably lazy analysis.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #147 on: October 10, 2023, 05:42:12 PM »

Emphasis mine

It sounds more like what Greece and Turkey did in the early 20th Century (not ideal, but not genocidial either) than something more insidious.  But, there's no perfect solution here.  I side more with Israel because they're more protective of religious freedom, but there isn't an ideal answer (other than both groups converting to Christianity, of course).

That is a good post.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #148 on: October 13, 2023, 09:04:45 AM »

Emphasis mine

It sounds more like what Greece and Turkey did in the early 20th Century (not ideal, but not genocidial either) than something more insidious.  But, there's no perfect solution here.  I side more with Israel because they're more protective of religious freedom, but there isn't an ideal answer (other than both groups converting to Christianity, of course).

That is a good post.

Always amazing how Mr all liberal all the time throws that concept out the door when faced with such things as the concept of religious plurality. Then basically you become Jerry Falwell on steroids. Sad.
It's impossible for someone to believe in Matthew 28:18-20 and be liberal?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #149 on: October 14, 2023, 12:23:42 PM »

I’m pretty sure that news story was disproven.

Is this sarcasm?
If not, push the play button in the OP to see the video.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies