Pete Buttigieg 2020 campaign megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:39:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Pete Buttigieg 2020 campaign megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Pete Buttigieg 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 136990 times)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: January 23, 2019, 09:41:42 AM »

Oh.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 06:04:37 PM »

If one party is going to play the "I'm a Christian so vote for me, and also we need these laws because Christianity" game, then their lack of actual Christian behavior is fair game.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 04:26:06 PM »

I feel like this candidate is all media hype. I don't get it at all.
I liked him at first but it’s starting to be too much. What is he even running on? All I hear is him talking about Mike Pence.

Guess we’ll see in his launch speech and the debates. I hope he stops pandering to Trump voters and evangelicals.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 03:12:22 PM »

If it weren't for the fact that the identity politics wing of the base would be bitter and salty over it, I think O'Rourke/Buttigieg or Buttigieg/O'Rourke would make a superb ticket.
Please stop perpetuating this awful term created to silence the opinions of historically marginalized groups. All politics revolve around identity.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2019, 06:48:43 PM »

Well rightly or wrongly, I think a Democratic ticket with two white males would be a difficult sell to the party. Perhaps Buttigieg's homosexuality would mitigate that somewhat, but in a historically diverse field like this I think diversity of the ticket has to be a factor the eventual nominee considers when making their choice.
That's what I'm referring to.  Some black, Latino, and young female voters would stay home due to Pete and Beto's identities as opposed to their politics.
There’s nothing to substantiate this. Black and Latino voters have come out for white male tickets even when said white males treated their issues like after thoughts time and time again. If anything white voters are the ones who vote against identities even when a candidate’s politics benefit them.

The Vice President doesn’t even really do anything. There’s no reason that it has to be O’Rourke or Buttigieg. There’s nothing wrong with choosing someone from a group that votes overwhelmingly for Democrats.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2019, 04:15:03 PM »

Not surprised. He’s been throwing Hillary under the bus and infantilizing Trump voters for a couple weeks now.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2019, 10:09:42 PM »

Uh oh! Looks like Prince Pete isn't as perfect as Atlas had hoped. Is Atlas going to cut him as deep as they did Harris? We'll find out!

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/17/pete-buttigieg-enlists-barack-obama-hillary-clinton-fundraisers-for-2020-campaign.html
He's the Fyre Festival candidate. There's nothing really there.

The best thing about Buttigieg is that he's taken all the wind out of Beto's sails. Pete is a much better candidate than O'Rourke.
Uh.... with the privileged elitist media looking for a lapdog, sure. The six jam packed events Beto had in Virginia yesterday tell a different story.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2019, 12:56:45 AM »

Uh oh! Looks like Prince Pete isn't as perfect as Atlas had hoped. Is Atlas going to cut him as deep as they did Harris? We'll find out!

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/17/pete-buttigieg-enlists-barack-obama-hillary-clinton-fundraisers-for-2020-campaign.html
He's the Fyre Festival candidate. There's nothing really there.

The best thing about Buttigieg is that he's taken all the wind out of Beto's sails. Pete is a much better candidate than O'Rourke.
Uh.... with the privileged elitist media looking for a lapdog, sure. The six jam packed events Beto had in Virginia yesterday tell a different story.

The irony of this reply coming from a Beto supporter has literally left me speechless lol. But then again, you're probably trolling.
Irony where? Just because you let the media tell you Beto doesn’t have policies doesn’t make it true.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2019, 12:57:51 AM »

Buttigieg has really damaged Beto & the Beto hype in a bad way. He is also taking a lot of the Biden votes which Beto & Kamala was hoping to take.

He is the new media darling.
Key word: media

All his support is coming from upper class white liberals in insulated bubbles. Nobody is checking for Pete in the South and there’s nothing to suggest he will be formidable with working class whites in the Midwest. Beto is just fine.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2019, 11:41:02 PM »

LOL watch him win the nomination and lose to Trump. That'll teach the media on propping up platitude candidates, and LOL @ any person who thinks he has the minority appeal to win back Florida and Michigan.
He’s going to get walloped in the South and will not win anywhere in the Midwest or Northeast by large enough margins to win the nomination.

I’m trying to stay out of candidate’s threads with negativity so I’ll leave it there. I know the #PeteFleet is ready to attack.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2019, 07:45:30 PM »

Atlas CRUCIFIED Harris for doing something much minor than this FYI-
Mayor Pete was Atlas's chosen one but he's doing everything they hate. LOL.

But Kamala is a corporate shill and Beto is an empty suit. Roll Eyes
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2019, 05:08:25 PM »

Something about Sodom and Gomorrah.

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2019, 04:54:15 PM »

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2019, 05:22:21 PM »

Even if you think Sanders would have a hard time he’d do better than Buttigieg. Pete is showing himself to be the candidate for wealthy virtue signaling white liberals who fetishize Bush 43’s presidency because of Trump’s tone.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2019, 02:05:06 PM »

I don’t know who Peter Daou is, but Beto Bro’s post was clearly a general attack on white people who are liberal by implying that being white makes them inherently less committed to pursuing a progressive agenda.  His race-baiting might’ve not been entirely conscious, it was still race-baiting all the same.  If this wasn’t what Beto Bro meant then he should have clarified what he meant and indicated that he’d try to word his posts more clearly going forward.  That he has done neither of these things is telling.
How is "virtue signaling white liberals who fetishize Bush 43's presidency because of Trump's tone" a general attack? That seems very specific to me.

I was referring to a subset of white liberals who absolutely do act like the rise of white nationalism in this country lays solely at Trump's feet and that getting him out of office will get rid of it. It won't. White supremacy isn't a fringe political phenomenon it is baked into the DNA of one of the two major political parties in this country. Thinking otherwise is harmful and what led to Trump in the first place. White people ignoring the blatant racism of the GOP machine and thinking if they keep it under the surface it doesn't exist.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2019, 03:07:21 PM »

I don’t know who Peter Daou is, but Beto Bro’s post was clearly a general attack on white people who are liberal by implying that being white makes them inherently less committed to pursuing a progressive agenda.  His race-baiting might’ve not been entirely conscious, it was still race-baiting all the same.  If this wasn’t what Beto Bro meant then he should have clarified what he meant and indicated that he’d try to word his posts more clearly going forward.  That he has done neither of these things is telling.
How is "virtue signaling white liberals who fetishize Bush 43's presidency because of Trump's tone" a general attack? That seems very specific to me.

I was referring to a subset of white liberals who absolutely do act like the rise of white nationalism in this country lays solely at Trump's feet and that getting him out of office will get rid of it. It won't. White supremacy isn't a fringe political phenomenon it is baked into the DNA of one of the two major political parties in this country. Thinking otherwise is harmful and what led to Trump in the first place. White people ignoring the blatant racism of the GOP machine and thinking if they keep it under the surface it doesn't exist.

Fair enough, thank you for clarifying.  That said, I don’t think that’s the crowd Buttigieg appeals to though.  The folks you’re talking about are, in my admittedly anecdotal experience, generally nostalgia-motivated Biden supporters who think everything will be great if we just elect Obama’s VP b/c, you know, the Republican Party was so responsible and totally didn’t embrace right-wing racism when Obama was in office Roll Eyes
Yeah. Buttigieg is appealing to wealthy folks who are completely removed from regular life.

Biden's announcement video reeked of what I was referring to. When he said Trump's Charlottesville video shocked America's conscious, I was like dude half of the country agrees with him. LOL. This type of naivete will not move the ball forward in race relations.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2019, 01:33:39 AM »

I could easily see Buttigieg being the runner up to Sanders or Biden in the primary and then winning the nomination and defeating Pence in 2024 after Sanders or Biden lost the general to Trump.  This could be the most likely way he becomes president. 

By 2024, progressives will dominate the Democratic Party, this is Pete's only shot.

Err...Buttigieg is a progressive.

Nice try. Progressives don't say that it's too early to talk about policy.

I forgot, when was it that you were given the role of deciding who's a progressive and who's not? Or is that some role Bernie supporters always have, deciding that all these female, black, gay candidates are not progressive?
There’s a difference between a progressive and a mainstream liberal. From what we’ve seen of his history as mayor, his campaign rollout, some of his stances, and who he took money from until he was called out he is not necessarily progressive. Folks like Harris and O’Rourke are definitely to his left. And one’s demographic make up does not make them a progressive.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2019, 12:27:31 AM »

yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikes
The Fyre Festival candidate is coming apart at the seams.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2019, 05:23:59 PM »

Just LOL

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2019, 05:25:25 PM »

I keep hearing how Pete is just another white male running for President and that's the only reason his candidacy took off but none of the other candidates are being interrupted with "one man, one woman" protesters so

None of the other candidates are gay...

He’s taking off because he’s a gay white male whose intellectualism appeals to the Washington press corps.

Aside from Bernie and Biden, there are about fifty identical white males running for the Democratic nomination right now, none of whom are gaining any traction whatsoever. Being a white guy is hardly a guarantor of success in the DNC these days.
This post doesn’t make sense considering he is also gay and that was noted in the post you quoted.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2019, 05:35:22 PM »

I keep hearing how Pete is just another white male running for President and that's the only reason his candidacy took off but none of the other candidates are being interrupted with "one man, one woman" protesters so

He’s taking off because he’s a gay white male whose intellectualism appeals to the Washington press corps.

Aside from Bernie and Biden, there are about fifty identical white males running for the Democratic nomination right now, none of whom are gaining any traction whatsoever. Being a white guy is hardly a guarantor of success in the DNC these days.
This post doesn’t make sense considering he is also gay and that was noted in the post you quoted.

So he's successful because he's gay, not because he's a white guy. So just say that.
A gay white male.

A black lesbian would not get this attention. Marginalized groups are not interchangeable.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2019, 08:21:45 PM »

So he's successful because he's gay, not because he's a white guy. So just say that.
A gay white male.

A black lesbian would not get this attention. Marginalized groups are not interchangeable.

Individual human beings aren't fungible to begin with, so I have no idea how much attention your hypothetical black lesbian would get.
None.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2019, 03:54:44 PM »

Yikes! I’m watching his town hall on CNN with South Bend residents and the optics are terrible. He is getting nowhere near the nomination.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2019, 06:49:38 PM »

👀

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2019, 12:53:15 AM »

Yeah, still not feeling this hype. He came off as a condescending elitist snob at the debate and was praised for it by the media, but Castro was lambasted as being "too nasty" when he did it to Biden. He hasn't proposed any serious or game-changing policy proposals and he's super uninspiring. The hype is that he's a cute gay vet with a hubby.

His lack of black support is why his campaign is doomed.

Ditto Warren....

Warren? The candidate that has more black support than your fave? K.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies