Pete Buttigieg 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 03:55:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Pete Buttigieg 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 74
Author Topic: Pete Buttigieg 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 137616 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: May 02, 2019, 06:45:40 PM »

Vaccines could end up being a sleeper issue, especially if the Measles Epidemic keeps getting worse or if a disease such whooping cough or even polio reappears. Hillary absolutely should have gone after Trump harder on the Anti-Vaxx stuff in 2016.

I doubt it would have mattered. She would have been portrayed as an "elitist, establishment, nanny-stater" and still would have lost. People in this country are stupid, it's why anti-intellectualism has been on the rise and been so rewarding for the party that practices it more. 
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #426 on: May 02, 2019, 11:31:59 PM »

Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #427 on: May 02, 2019, 11:40:04 PM »

I hope Roger gets around to releasing his Best Dressed list through some medium this year because that is beyond fabulous.
SInNYC

« Reply #428 on: May 03, 2019, 08:46:15 AM »

Vaccines could end up being a sleeper issue, especially if the Measles Epidemic keeps getting worse or if a disease such whooping cough or even polio reappears. Hillary absolutely should have gone after Trump harder on the Anti-Vaxx stuff in 2016.

That line of criticism was reserved for Jill Stein (though that was far far from the truth).
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #429 on: May 03, 2019, 12:24:34 PM »

Just LOL

Now that is funny.
Smiley
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #430 on: May 04, 2019, 07:00:57 AM »

What is this?
Spiffy
United States

« Reply #431 on: May 04, 2019, 11:07:53 AM »

This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #432 on: May 04, 2019, 12:46:08 PM »

I keep hearing how Pete is just another white male running for President and that's the only reason his candidacy took off but none of the other candidates are being interrupted with "one man, one woman" protesters so
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #433 on: May 04, 2019, 03:36:40 PM »

I keep hearing how Pete is just another white male running for President and that's the only reason his candidacy took off but none of the other candidates are being interrupted with "one man, one woman" protesters so

None of the other candidates are gay...

He’s taking off because he’s a gay white male whose intellectualism appeals to the Washington press corps.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #434 on: May 04, 2019, 04:04:59 PM »

He’s taking off because he’s a gay white male whose intellectualism appeals to the Washington press corps.

Aside from Bernie and Biden, there are about fifty identical white males running for the Democratic nomination right now, none of whom are gaining any traction whatsoever. Being a white guy is hardly a guarantor of success in the DNC these days.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #435 on: May 04, 2019, 05:25:25 PM »

Aside from Bernie and Biden, there are about fifty identical white males running for the Democratic nomination right now, none of whom are gaining any traction whatsoever. Being a white guy is hardly a guarantor of success in the DNC these days.
This post doesn’t make sense considering he is also gay and that was noted in the post you quoted.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #436 on: May 04, 2019, 05:29:39 PM »

This post doesn’t make sense considering he is also gay and that was noted in the post you quoted.

So he's successful because he's gay, not because he's a white guy. So just say that.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #437 on: May 04, 2019, 05:35:22 PM »

So he's successful because he's gay, not because he's a white guy. So just say that.
A gay white male.

A black lesbian would not get this attention. Marginalized groups are not interchangeable.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #438 on: May 04, 2019, 06:33:43 PM »

A gay white male.

A black lesbian would not get this attention. Marginalized groups are not interchangeable.

This is extremely important to remember, but my point was to the mega leftists (mostly on twitter) saying that Pete “isn’t gay enough” or he’s just another white male candidate
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #439 on: May 04, 2019, 08:08:17 PM »

A gay white male.

Individual human beings aren't fungible to begin with, so I have no idea how much attention your hypothetical black lesbian would get.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #440 on: May 04, 2019, 08:21:45 PM »

A gay white male.

Individual human beings aren't fungible to begin with, so I have no idea how much attention your hypothetical black lesbian would get.
None.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #441 on: May 04, 2019, 11:28:12 PM »

So much this. As a gay man, his candidacy is very historical. Liberal millenials who live in liberal bubbles might not appreciate this, but years ago it was not even close to possible that a gay man would be running and gaining positive attention. It's still hard- you can see the pushback it's getting from the homophobes of the world, and we all know the attacks of "he'd look wimpy near Trump" aren't completely innocent of internalized homophobia. So yeah, he might not be from all the margianalized groups possible, but he's goddamn historical and his campaign is providing a great service for millions of LGBTQs worldwide.

A gay white male.

None.

There is literally no evidence to support that, quite the contrary. I know that a black lesbian has it even harder than a white gay (in many ways, though not all). But we've seen again and again marginalized groups gaining attention in the Democratic party, for example Danica Roem or Sharice Davids. Pete Buttigigeg was also an extremely successful Mayor, and that is another way he gained attention. You cannot take this from him.
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #442 on: May 05, 2019, 04:05:13 AM »

It's still hard- you can see the pushback it's getting from the homophobes of the world, and we all know the attacks of "he'd look wimpy near Trump" aren't completely innocent of internalized homophobia.

The fact that some people think this is both so sad and somehow amusing. Pete is an actual war veteran while Trump is a vain walking lump of fat with a fake tan, but somehow Pete would still come across as the wimp cause he kisses a guy instead of grabbing pu$$y...
Thank you for being a friend...
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #443 on: May 05, 2019, 04:46:43 PM »

ICONIC.  Serving up some real Midwestern charm. 

Even if he loses, Pete (and Chasten!) have cemented their place in gay American history.  It's two for the price of one!
HarrisonL

« Reply #444 on: May 08, 2019, 07:11:33 AM »

Biden/Buttigieg would be an awesome ticket, I would be very happy about that.
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #445 on: May 08, 2019, 01:15:35 PM »

It's very unlikely that 2 white males will be the ticket, even if one of them is gay.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #446 on: May 09, 2019, 01:46:56 PM »

Now the God Emperor is at his name, lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqNSO_ZCpiY (starting at about 45 sec)
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #447 on: May 09, 2019, 05:19:17 PM »

Now the God Emperor is at his name, lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqNSO_ZCpiY (starting at about 45 sec)

Ok that's either what a bully with issues or a plain maddened person or both look like lol.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #448 on: May 09, 2019, 05:44:19 PM »

I actually agree with Trump, I would love to see Pete and Xi in the same room and I would want Trump to witness it. To see what diplomacy really looks like when handled by someone who isn't absolutely mad.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #449 on: May 09, 2019, 11:31:41 PM »

That is possibly the blandest and most unexciting ticket the Democrats could possibly throw up.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies