2024 Third Party and Independent Candidate General discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 06:21:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  2024 Third Party and Independent Candidate General discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 54
Author Topic: 2024 Third Party and Independent Candidate General discussion  (Read 53542 times)
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: September 29, 2023, 02:15:55 PM »

If he makes the ballot, this is probably pretty bad for Biden, as polls show him losing 10% of primary voters to RFK.

LOL no. If he matters at all, which I doubt, he takes more votes from Trump.
The Economy is Getting Worse
riverwalk3
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.93, S: -3.83

P
« Reply #476 on: September 29, 2023, 02:17:50 PM »

If he makes the ballot, this is probably pretty bad for Biden, as polls show him losing 10% of primary voters to RFK.

Then why do polls show so many voters in the Democratic Primary choosing RFK Jr. over Biden? He actually polls better than DeSantis does versus Trump.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #477 on: September 29, 2023, 02:18:45 PM »

Congrats to your 0.1% of the popular vote.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #478 on: September 29, 2023, 02:20:21 PM »

Then why do polls show so many voters in the Democratic Primary choosing RFK Jr. over Biden? He actually polls better than DeSantis does versus Trump.

Because RFK appeals to “Trump Democrats”.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #479 on: September 29, 2023, 02:22:47 PM »

The important question is does he drop out of the Dem primary when he does that?

Anyway I expect Marianne Williamson's campaign is basically broke (it had just a couple hundred k at the end of last quarter and we'll be finding out soon) and she will probably drop out in the next few months. Quite possible Biden will be the only Dem name on the ballot in most states.
randomusername

« Reply #480 on: September 29, 2023, 02:24:26 PM »

Well this is misleading because there are more candidates in the Republican primary than in the Democratic to split the anti-Biden vote. Biden has a 50.1 average lead against RFK Jr. vs Trump's 43.1 average lead against DeSantis, according to RCP.
The Economy is Getting Worse
riverwalk3
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.93, S: -3.83

P
« Reply #481 on: September 29, 2023, 02:24:30 PM »

Trump isn't winning 15% of Democrats (the percentage RFK Jr. is currently polling). If he was, he'd win in a landslide nationally.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #482 on: September 29, 2023, 02:38:18 PM »

The Democratic version of Trump continues to stay in character.

I'm often at odds with the Democrats as a party for a number of reasons. But watching how they handled RFK Jr. versus how the GOP has treated Donald Trump (and continues to treat him) makes it clear how much better they are as a party than the morally bankrupt GOP.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #483 on: September 29, 2023, 02:43:53 PM »

Cause people want someone else and his last name is Kennedy. His support is fragile and not well informed either. A lot the voters will fall in line if Biden is the nominee or not vote at all. This isnt going anywhere
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #484 on: September 29, 2023, 02:46:27 PM »

Also, polls consistently show RFKjr with higher favorability among Republicans than Democrats.  But in any event, I expect his candidacy will have a negligible effect on the race.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #485 on: September 29, 2023, 02:47:59 PM »

We're so ****ing back.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #486 on: September 29, 2023, 02:49:15 PM »

Trump isn't winning 15% of Democrats (the percentage RFK Jr. is currently polling). If he was, he'd win in a landslide nationally.

But not all -- or even that many -- of those RFK voters will follow him to an independent candidacy.  And of those that do, many were probably not voting for Biden anyway, and latched onto RFK because he was an alternative with a famous name.  That is, they're not so much dedicated RFK voters as anti-Biden voters.

If you think this is going to pull a significant number of net votes away from Biden, you're engaging in very wishful thinking.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #487 on: September 29, 2023, 02:51:11 PM »

I think a lot of people are focusing on the "famous name" angle and not the just general "some people want to vote against Biden in the primary and will pick any name from a list given to them to do so" angle. Wouldn't be surprised to see Williamson rise somewhat with RFK withdrawing from the Dem primary (if this indeed happens) just because she'll be the only non-Biden name left in the poll. Some Biden 70 Williamson 17 or whatever polls will indicate that a lot of RFK support in the primary is just looking for the most famous non-Biden name.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #488 on: September 29, 2023, 02:57:19 PM »

No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #489 on: September 29, 2023, 03:20:19 PM »

Do you know how many Trumpers I've seen say they're gonna vote for Rfk, Jr. in the Dem primary since Trump has the GOP one locked up? More than a handful, and considering you don't have to prove anything to 'vote' in a poll, I think you're giving those polls for Rfk, Jr a fair bit too much credit. I am pretty certain those people wouldn't be voting for Democrats in any scenario outside their Manchurian candidate/trojan horse, lol.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #490 on: September 29, 2023, 03:46:46 PM »

"You know, I voted for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris in 2020 and was gonna vote for them again in 2024, but I really like what RFK Jr's been saying about the evils of vaccines, about how Anthony Fauci and Bill Gates deliberately prolonged COVID, about how the COVID virus is a Jewish-Chinese COVID bioweapon, and about how gender dysphoria is a consequence of a contaminated water supply."

- a non-negligible number of Democrats by November 2024

Roll Eyes

xavier110
United States
« Reply #491 on: September 29, 2023, 03:52:36 PM »
« Edited: September 29, 2023, 03:56:01 PM by xavier110 »

I don’t know what 4D chess the billionaire alt-conservatives bankrolling and advising him are playing here, but I don’t get it. Failure after failure with RDS and RFK Jr.

My only theory is that they’re trying to make their actual favored candidate — Trump — look palatable, in comparison, for conspiratorial Rs and Ds. Lol
AltWorlder

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: 3.83

« Reply #492 on: September 29, 2023, 03:57:38 PM »

The important question is does he drop out of the Dem primary when he does that?

Anyway I expect Marianne Williamson's campaign is basically broke (it had just a couple hundred k at the end of last quarter and we'll be finding out soon) and she will probably drop out in the next few months. Quite possible Biden will be the only Dem name on the ballot in most states.

Joe Exotic has proven to be a pretty disappointing meme primary candidate. Most underperforming meme since Kanye.

"You know, I voted for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris in 2020 and was gonna vote for them again in 2024, but I really like what RFK Jr's been saying about the evils of vaccines, about how Anthony Fauci and Bill Gates deliberately prolonged COVID, about how the COVID virus is a Jewish-Chinese COVID bioweapon, and about how gender dysphoria is a consequence of a contaminated water supply."

- a non-negligible number of Democrats by November 2024

Roll Eyes

Most voters are low-information and don't pay attention to all of these news and probably thinks he's legit because he has a Kennedy in the name. Just like many Trump voters probably assumed he's a good guy because he's on TV and hosted The Apprentice, now how can you accuse someone who's famous of being a racist, you're just being crazy and overreacting
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #493 on: September 29, 2023, 04:00:14 PM »

He's taken up a very right-wing, conspiracy sort of platform so he will take more votes from Trump.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #494 on: September 29, 2023, 04:27:43 PM »

Plot twist: JFK Jr will become VP after all!
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #495 on: September 29, 2023, 05:15:48 PM »

Because he’s winning voters that are probably done with the Democratic Party and are protest voting, just like that guy in 2012 got votes in WV/OK
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #496 on: September 29, 2023, 05:43:56 PM »

RFK as a third party will probably get more attention for his outlandish platforn, and any tepid Democrats will recognize for sure that he isn't worth supporting.

I could see him winning more Trumpy voters, but I still doubt he ends up with much of an impact in the end.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #497 on: September 29, 2023, 05:58:08 PM »

Those aren't general election polls.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #498 on: September 29, 2023, 06:10:59 PM »

He'll barely get any votes. He'd have a better shot running for the Libertarian nomination.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #499 on: September 29, 2023, 08:54:53 PM »

I hardly think 10% of Democrats will end up pulling a lever for RFK Jr in a general election. I think his best chance was in the primary where he was a good protest choice. In a general election, many Democrats that might have voted for him in the primary will feel that they are throwing the election to Trump.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 54  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies