2024 Third Party and Independent Candidate General discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 10:57:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  2024 Third Party and Independent Candidate General discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 54
Author Topic: 2024 Third Party and Independent Candidate General discussion  (Read 53588 times)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: July 22, 2023, 07:00:59 PM »

And there’s another challenger to Cornel West going by Daví recognized by the party

Any talk of No Labels should probably be merged into this thread

Is that Randy Toler's other name now?
No, it’s some new age candidate
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #426 on: July 23, 2023, 12:49:47 PM »

This excellent article from Current Affairs demolishes the DNC talking points against Cornel West

Socratic Gadfly gives his opinions and knowledge on the current field

All new people with very little internet traces.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #427 on: July 25, 2023, 12:28:00 PM »

Former LNC Vice Chairman to run for president
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #428 on: July 28, 2023, 02:00:21 PM »

PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #429 on: July 30, 2023, 10:41:38 PM »

The schedule for the GPUS ANM is released
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #430 on: July 31, 2023, 06:27:59 AM »

There's a reason this party has crashed and burned in recent years. The above is embarrassing even for third party standards.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #431 on: July 31, 2023, 09:23:55 AM »

There's a reason this party has crashed and burned in recent years. The above is embarrassing even for third party standards.

This is quite mild compared to the stuff posted every day by the NH and CO (RIP) LP's
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #432 on: July 31, 2023, 12:46:07 PM »

So far locally the party apparatus seems strong and able to elect candidates. 2023 and 2024 will be the real test runs to see where the Libertarian party stands.
MichaelM24
Rookie
United States

« Reply #433 on: July 31, 2023, 01:47:06 PM »

Speaking of the Libertarians, Donald Rainwater is again running for governor of Indiana. In 2020, he 11.4% (and in one-third of the counties here, he beat out the Democrat). He's not going to do nearly as well this time around, I'd imagine, but I hope that he can put in a good showing (and I say that as someone who didn't vote for him).
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #434 on: August 03, 2023, 10:34:35 AM »

No wonder he has such an affinity for a fellow tax cheat, his “brother” Donald Trump. Probably still furious that Biden beefed up IRS enforcement.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #435 on: August 03, 2023, 11:49:22 AM »

Roll Eyes
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #436 on: August 05, 2023, 11:43:07 PM »

There’s been a major shake-up inside the LNC where a LNC Rep and Executive Director have stepped down for personal ventures.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #437 on: August 14, 2023, 09:05:36 PM »

No Labels on ten states
In addition to North Carolina and Arizona, No Labels has secured ballot access in Alaska, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, Oregon, South Dakota, and Utah. Readers of Independent Political Report can access a full copy of the press release here.

The last stand against the Mises caucus is going hard
AltWorlder

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: 3.83

« Reply #438 on: August 16, 2023, 12:14:59 PM »
« Edited: August 16, 2023, 12:20:30 PM by AltWorlder »

On leftish semi-household names:

What are the chances that RFK Jr. and/or Marianne Williamson might run third party?

Williamson unlikely, she didn't in 2020 and her lane seems to have been completely dominated by the others-

RFK Jr. would have had a strong chance if not for Cornel West's entrance. He might still do so though. How ironic and ignominious it'd be if he ended up being the People's Party candidate.

Wonder who the People's Party would do otherwise. Guess this isn't Jimmy Dore's year, wondering if he'll ever run.

Ditto for Tulsi Gabbard.

Editorial: why is it that so many of these prominent disaffected progressive-left (dissident left?) figures seem so outlandish and outright compromised compared to past candidates like Ralph Nader? By that I mean holding fringe conspiracy theory beliefs such as anti-vaxx, weirdly conservative positions (such as West praising DeSantis' education policies), and the usual ties to Russia stuff.

Bernie Sanders, Howie Hawkins, and Gloria La Riva seem so much more straightforwardly left-of-mainstream in comparison. Did Jill Stein kick off this trend? Or Cynthia McKinney? Roseanne Barr?
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #439 on: August 16, 2023, 06:15:50 PM »

No Labels on ten states
In addition to North Carolina and Arizona, No Labels has secured ballot access in Alaska, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, Oregon, South Dakota, and Utah. Readers of Independent Political Report can access a full copy of the press release here.

~~~~~

They shouldn't count on getting ballot access in Oklahoma, which is clearly the hardest state for third parties to gain access.
Be that as it may, I'm looking forward to finding out more about No Labels and what are certain stances that are going to be taken by their nominee.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #440 on: August 16, 2023, 09:01:21 PM »

No Labels on ten states

~~~~~

They shouldn't count on getting ballot access in Oklahoma, which is clearly the hardest state for third parties to gain access.
Be that as it may, I'm looking forward to finding out more about No Labels and what are certain stances that are going to be taken by their nominee.
You missed it, it now cost 35 grand to be on the ballot in OK now

a petition to remove Ardle is circulating
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #441 on: August 16, 2023, 10:12:14 PM »

On leftish semi-household names:

What are the chances that RFK Jr. and/or Marianne Williamson might run third party?

Williamson unlikely, she didn't in 2020 and her lane seems to have been completely dominated by the others-

RFK Jr. would have had a strong chance if not for Cornel West's entrance. He might still do so though. How ironic and ignominious it'd be if he ended up being the People's Party candidate.

Wonder who the People's Party would do otherwise. Guess this isn't Jimmy Dore's year, wondering if he'll ever run.

Ditto for Tulsi Gabbard.

Editorial: why is it that so many of these prominent disaffected progressive-left (dissident left?) figures seem so outlandish and outright compromised compared to past candidates like Ralph Nader? By that I mean holding fringe conspiracy theory beliefs such as anti-vaxx, weirdly conservative positions (such as West praising DeSantis' education policies), and the usual ties to Russia stuff.

Bernie Sanders, Howie Hawkins, and Gloria La Riva seem so much more straightforwardly left-of-mainstream in comparison. Did Jill Stein kick off this trend? Or Cynthia McKinney? Roseanne Barr?
I reckon Marianne will endorse Biden, and RFK Jr will endorse Cornel West.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #442 on: August 16, 2023, 10:21:39 PM »

RFK Jr and Cornel West have no transferable voters, as Jr represents the remaining conservadems left and Cornel attracts left wing and an incalculable amount of disaffected black voters. They are diametrically opposed outside of wanting aid to Ukraine to stop, as even with that they have different plans for it.
AltWorlder

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: 3.83

« Reply #443 on: August 17, 2023, 01:14:27 AM »

RFK Jr and Cornel West have no transferable voters, as Jr represents the remaining conservadems left and Cornel attracts left wing and an incalculable amount of disaffected black voters. They are diametrically opposed outside of wanting aid to Ukraine to stop, as even with that they have different plans for it.

Imagine the fringe votes they will pull from a fringe unity ticket
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #444 on: August 17, 2023, 02:02:23 AM »

I actually disagree. I think RFK Jr will end up doing better than expected with black voters in the primary, and some of those those transfer to West.
Black democrats are the most likely democrats to be anti-vaxx, and RFK Jr has placed a lot of emphasis on reaching out to black voters, even pissing off his conservative followers when he voiced support for affirmative action.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #445 on: August 17, 2023, 04:00:37 PM »

I actually disagree. I think RFK Jr will end up doing better than expected with black voters in the primary, and some of those those transfer to West.
Black democrats are the most likely democrats to be anti-vaxx, and RFK Jr has placed a lot of emphasis on reaching out to black voters, even pissing off his conservative followers when he voiced support for affirmative action.
Does polling or any evidence suggest such a strategy is working? Jr’s supporters skew old, rich, and white who were probably anti-Sanders primary voters. So far I don’t see the energy that Jr’s virtue signaling is working.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #446 on: August 17, 2023, 04:09:28 PM »

Does polling or any evidence suggest such a strategy is working? Jr’s supporters skew old, rich, and white who were probably anti-Sanders primary voters. So far I don’t see the energy that Jr’s virtue signaling is working.
Well I thought it was interesting that he polled at 20% in South Carolina while he's polling in single digits in New Hampshire.
I haven't seen any racial crosstabs for the dem primary so far.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #447 on: August 17, 2023, 04:11:25 PM »

Well I thought it was interesting that he polled at 20% in South Carolina while he's polling in single digits in New Hampshire.
I haven't seen any racial crosstabs for the dem primary so far.
Almost certainly he's doing better among blacks than whites.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #448 on: August 17, 2023, 04:17:44 PM »

Not sure that word means what you think it means. Pretty sure numbers that relatively low can be calculated relatively easily.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #449 on: August 18, 2023, 01:22:29 AM »

Not sure that word means what you think it means. Pretty sure numbers that relatively low can be calculated relatively easily.
Who knows at this point, according to BAR and Jilly it’s a thing.

Anyway, in more evidence of Green Derangement Syndrome, the Biden campaign apparently believes in the polls enough to launch a major attack on the Cornel Campaign to run them dry] link=topic=425286.msg9170141#msg9170141 date=1692242499 uid=18714]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Who knows at this point, according to BAR and Jilly it’s a thing.

Anyway, in more evidence of Green Derangement Syndrome, the Biden campaign apparently believes in the polls enough to launch a major attack on the Cornel Campaign to run them dry. They brought in some ballot access guru to strategize how to ensure to keep the small fish out of their pond, even though they are more freshwater fish feeding in a different pool of voters. I guess Biden’s team knows that turnout and changing minds are not part of the program as reasonable ways to win, but the small number of voters willing to switch their votes to third parties would be wooed back if trump and Biden were only on the ballot.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 54  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies