January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 06:48:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 151
Poll
Question: Will Trump be convicted in his DC January 6 case?
He will be convicted

He won't be convicted

He should be convicted

He should not be convicted

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread  (Read 141982 times)
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: July 27, 2021, 10:45:52 AM »

Maybe this is totally out of line, but something I thought of while watching some clips on Twitter this morning...if he would have any interest (and even aligns this way), should Democrats try to recruit Michael Fanone to run for office? I mean, I'm not sure where he's from originally (if it's not DC, but the accent is difficult to pin down) but he would be a great face for the party and he seems to be genuinely motivated by the horror he went through.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #201 on: July 27, 2021, 10:50:25 AM »

Maybe this is totally out of line, but something I thought of while watching some clips on Twitter this morning...if he would have any interest (and even aligns this way), should Democrats try to recruit Michael Fanone to run for office? I mean, I'm not sure where he's from originally (if it's not DC, but the accent is difficult to pin down) but he would be a great face for the party and he seems to be genuinely motivated by the horror he went through.

He must be from somewhere in the South. But aside from that, I've continued to watch the testimony, and Kinzinger is certainly outraged about what happened on January 6. Active-duty and retired law enforcement and military, I would imagine, would be more deeply affected by what occurred than many of the rest of us. But unfortunately, aside from Kinzinger, all of the other Republican veterans in Congress have allowed partisanship and their loyalty to Trump to override this sentiment, and it's a disgrace.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #202 on: July 27, 2021, 10:55:42 AM »

I'm glad US Capitol Police Sergeant Aquilino Gonell isn't walking a beat in the Bronx.  Roll Eyes
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #203 on: July 27, 2021, 11:05:41 AM »

I'm glad US Capitol Police Sergeant Aquilino Gonell isn't walking a beat in the Bronx.  Roll Eyes
This post is bad and you should feel bad
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #204 on: July 27, 2021, 11:09:42 AM »

This post is bad and you should feel bad

And Sergeant Gonell is an Iraq War veteran, so he certainly had to experience tense and harrowing moments on duty before what happened on January 6.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #205 on: July 27, 2021, 11:10:40 AM »

Are you literally trying to push /pol/ to execute daily 1/6s? Because electing cops who were present at 1/6 is how you push /pol/ to execute daily 1/6s.

It would be the end of America.
MRS DONNA SHALALA
cuddlebuns
South Africa

« Reply #206 on: July 27, 2021, 11:11:03 AM »

I do believe he said he voted for Trump in 2016, so I'm not sure how aligned he is with the Democratic platform, I think he's more motivated by his own trauma than politics.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #207 on: July 27, 2021, 11:12:06 AM »

I do believe he said he voted for Trump in 2016, so I'm not sure how aligned he is with the Democratic platform, I think he's more motivated by his own trauma than politics.

From hearing him talk, I got the impression that-like Kinzinger-he was a conservative Republican or at the very least right-leaning. Like I said earlier, this is an event that should transcend partisan boundaries.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #208 on: July 27, 2021, 11:14:44 AM »

Stefanik says that Pelosi is to blame for the attack.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #209 on: July 27, 2021, 11:18:47 AM »

Stefanik says that Pelosi is to blame for the attack.

This woman truly has disgraced herself over the past several months. She went from being a moderate, "reasonable" Republican to a fire-breathing Trumpist who bathes herself in conspiracy theories.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #210 on: July 27, 2021, 11:19:14 AM »

OK, you've crossed the line for me.  Ignore time.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #211 on: July 27, 2021, 11:22:40 AM »

I'm glad US Capitol Police Sergeant Aquilino Gonell isn't walking a beat in the Bronx.  Roll Eyes

This is the hyper-masculine toxicity that makes society so difficult. Who are you to judge him because he was afraid of losing his life? Just because he's a police officer doesn't mean he doesn't feel fear. Any normal human being would have been afraid of a mob.

And if those insurrectionists had been dealing with anybody from the Bronx they would have never got through the doors in the first place.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #212 on: July 27, 2021, 11:48:32 AM »

NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #213 on: July 27, 2021, 12:14:39 PM »

Are you literally trying to push /pol/ to execute daily 1/6s? Because electing cops who were present at 1/6 is how you push /pol/ to execute daily 1/6s.

In what way is electing him incitement of terrorist filth? Because they'll get mad we're not pretending they didn't attempt to overthrow our democracy and assassinate its leaders? "Stand up to us and we'll try to lynch and rape members of your government more?"

The terrorists are already going to try again the next time they lose an election. If they attack earlier because they're offended we're not bending and spreading, genuine Americans will be ready to defend out government and put them down.

We need more patriots in office, instead of terrorist sympathizing Republicans.

Because some people are losing so much faith in America right now that they're considering terrorism in response? Instigating them may not be a smart idea.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #214 on: July 27, 2021, 12:20:23 PM »

The N-bomb was used almost as often as the F-bomb. That little surprises me. Both words  usually signify someone with little self-control.

pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #215 on: July 27, 2021, 12:21:48 PM »

Completely uncalled-for.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #216 on: July 27, 2021, 12:23:01 PM »

Trump betrayed him.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #217 on: July 27, 2021, 12:24:53 PM »

In what way is electing him incitement of terrorist filth? Because they'll get mad we're not pretending they didn't attempt to overthrow our democracy and assassinate its leaders? "Stand up to us and we'll try to lynch and rape members of your government more?"

The terrorists are already going to try again the next time they lose an election. If they attack earlier because they're offended we're not bending and spreading, genuine Americans will be ready to defend out government and put them down.

Because some people are losing so much faith in America right now that they're considering terrorism in response? Instigating them may not be a smart idea.

So you'd rather appease the terrorists?  That doesn't have a great track record.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #218 on: July 27, 2021, 12:32:44 PM »

Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #219 on: July 27, 2021, 12:47:56 PM »

Can you imagine if that shameless clown Jim Jordan was on the panel?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #220 on: July 27, 2021, 12:48:54 PM »

Terrorism is never an acceptable response to anything. They didn't lose faith in America, they convinced themselves that their cult leader could not lose and when he did lose they decided to use violence. If they can't accept losing they need to seek professional help, not be appeased by the government.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #221 on: July 27, 2021, 12:51:14 PM »

They didn't lose faith in America

/pol/ users daily admit to loving the idea of America but only hating it/supporting violence because they feel that their chances at individual happiness and success have been stripped away. One of the people who died of a heart attack on 1/6 was a lifetime union member and Obama 08/12 voter whose job was shipped to China.

The insurrectionists treating real Americans like subhumans will not be solved by real Americans treating the insurrectionists like subhumans. (though I still believe that those found guilty of physically assaulting officers do deserve the death penalty/life imprisonment as to set an example)

Running 1/6 officers as Democratic candidates will be the equivalent of holding a dog bone in front of a rabid pitbull's face. They are going to do what you've forced them to do.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #222 on: July 27, 2021, 12:52:16 PM »

Can you imagine if that shameless clown Jim Jordan was on the panel?

I can't even. Jordan would have been attacking those officers and trying to impeach the legitimacy of their testimony. That's precisely why Pelosi excluded him from the committee.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #223 on: July 27, 2021, 01:55:10 PM »

Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #224 on: July 27, 2021, 01:59:37 PM »

They didn't lose faith in America

/pol/ users daily admit to loving the idea of America but only hating it/supporting violence because they feel that their chances at individual happiness and success have been stripped away. One of the people who died of a heart attack on 1/6 was a lifetime union member and Obama 08/12 voter whose job was shipped to China.

The insurrectionists treating real Americans like subhumans will not be solved by real Americans treating the insurrectionists like subhumans. (though I still believe that those found guilty of physically assaulting officers do deserve the death penalty/life imprisonment as to set an example)

Running 1/6 officers as Democratic candidates will be the equivalent of holding a dog bone in front of a rabid pitbull's face. They are going to do what you've forced them to do.
/pol/ users are neo-nazi and 14 year old edgelords 🙄
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 151  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies