This Wretched Hive Of Scum And Villainy (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:31:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  This Wretched Hive Of Scum And Villainy (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Name?
The Chronicles of Tory Scum

This Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy

This Once Dignified Party of Ours

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: This Wretched Hive Of Scum And Villainy  (Read 58841 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« on: May 24, 2023, 10:39:07 AM »

Unless Sunak is personally compromised, he isn't stepping down or leaving before the election. I can't even explain a rationale for a challenger beyond desperation to appear in the "List of Prime Ministers" Wikipedia page - if you hate sunak, you simply wait for the grenade to go off, not take it from him and swallow it.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2023, 10:28:22 AM »

Truss’ problem is that she simply isn’t articulate and entertaining (or, frankly, intelligent) enough to make it on the right-wing intellectual circuit.

Yes: I think Kwasi will remain a weird fixture in such circles and try and build his rep as an intellectual unsuited for politics who was betrayed by his craven ally, like a right wing Varafoukis, but Truss is just too shallow.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2023, 01:48:52 PM »

I like the idea of a Labour Party policy being introduced with the intro "repeal Labour's laws".
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2023, 07:52:02 AM »

Also did Liz Truss seriously sign a copy of the mini-budget at that conference (source)? That really takes the cake for shamelessness.

Imagining what Michael Foot's reaction would have been if you had handed him a copy of that election manifesto to sign.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2023, 03:47:15 PM »

Also did Liz Truss seriously sign a copy of the mini-budget at that conference (source)? That really takes the cake for shamelessness.
Aye.

Liz Truss being self-promoting and shameless whilst surrounded by lots of young men? Say it ain't so.

As I said in twitter she missed her chance to be female Hollande.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2023, 05:20:05 AM »

Peter Bone suspended from commons for six weeks for bullying and indecent exposure
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2023, 01:44:32 PM »

As attempted justifications for a chicken run go, "my constituents are joyless pricks" has to be an all-timer.

For the record, Wallis has already been searching for an English seat for a while (including an unsuccessful run in Windsor), this is just confirmation that Bridgend has been officially binned.

I'm surprised Wallis wants to stand again, given the car accident and the gender dysphoria. Strikes me as person not suited for such a public facing role.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2023, 12:37:11 PM »

Yet another gay Tory MP turns out to be an absolute rotter and resigns.

Chris Pincher
Crispin Blunt
Boris Johnson
Imran Ahmed Khan
Andrew Rosindell (Coming soon?)
Scott Benton (Coming soon?)

He hasn't resigned but Rob Roberts as well.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2023, 04:35:57 AM »
« Edited: November 05, 2023, 04:46:46 AM by 🦀🎂🦀🎂 »

Nadine dorries has made some interesting allegations about anonymous Tory MPs ranging from normal Tory shenanigans (a Tory mp had sex with a prostitute on a billiard table while 6 other MPs watched, the whips office blackmailing a "popular minister" to turn against Boris with a video of him receiving oral sex, Tory orgies hosted by a senior party fixer etc) to so criminal you wonder why she didn't come to police with it before her career ended (an MP supposedly had a laptop of child exploitation images they were holding  to protect a relative from prosecution being the most wtf, along with a claim an mp used date rape drugs). She also claims the Cummings started the rumour about boris groping a woman at the Tory conference and that the cctv camera that caught out hancock was planted by his internal enemies.

It's a fascinating paradox: I'm prepared to believe anything about tory MPs, but I'm never prepared to believe anything from Nad.

In slightly more credible news of wrongdoing, Jake Berry and Wendy Morton wrote a letter to the police while they were in the truss government that the party was covering up an unnamed serial rapist MP.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2023, 04:55:56 AM »

Nadine dorries has made some interesting allegations about anonymous Tory MPs ranging from normal Tory shenanigans (a Tory mp had sex with a prostitute on a billiard table while 6 other MPs watched, the whips office blackmailing a "popular minister" to turn against Boris with a video of him receiving oral sex, Tory orgies hosted by a senior party fixer etc) to so criminal you wonder why she didn't come to police with it before her career ended (an MP supposedly had a laptop of child exploitation images they were holding  to protect a relative from prosecution being the most wtf). She also claims the Cummings started the rumour about boris groping a woman at the Tory conference and that the cctv camera that caught out hancock was planted by his internal enemies.

It's a fascinating paradox: I'm prepared to believe anything about tory MPs, but I'm never prepared to believe anything from Nad.

None of those seem to be about money (well, not directly anyway) and keep to the great tradition of Tory scandals revolving around sex. Just as traditionally, Labour scandals revolve around money.

There is a Liberal scandal in there as well (she claims a fixer killed his ex girlfriend's rabbit).
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2023, 09:11:55 AM »

Andrew Mitchell is still in the cabinet???
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2023, 08:35:41 AM »

Does anyone have that insane quote somebody leaked about Gove that described him like a demonic entity? i believe it came from the truss adminstration.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2023, 09:24:51 AM »

Does anyone have that insane quote somebody leaked about Gove that described him like a demonic entity? i believe it came from the truss adminstration.

Was it Jason Stein (the political mastermind who told Prince Andrew to do *that* interview) briefing that Gove was a "sadist", who got off on undermining PMs, and had a “darkness inside him” that “corrupts his soul”?

I think he was fired after brefing out that Truss thought Sajid Javid was a "sh*t", and he threatened to publicly oppose the government at PMQs unless Stein was let go.

Yes, great stuff.

I love how Liz and the people in her orbit seemed to not even understand the concept of why leaking might be frowned upon.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2023, 08:50:24 AM »

Not confirmed by media, but there seems to he a hot mic scandal brewing: the Labour MP for Stockton North asked the House about why child poverty is so high in his constituency, and a senior Tory MP (possibly Cleverly) said "because it's a sh**thole".
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2023, 10:37:33 AM »

If Boris tries to make a return (which isn't impossible, the man clearly believes there is unfinished business) it won't be through the Tory label imo.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2023, 10:38:38 AM »

If you (correctly) think Simon Clarke as PM is deranged, it still has nothing on the concoction of some right wingers breathlessly written up in the Mail today - Priti Patel is installed as "caretaker PM" and wins an election (despite her ratings when HS being even worse than Braverman's) in order to make way for the "dream ticket" of a restored BoJo with - and this is the real "chef's kiss" moment - Farage as his deputy (leaving aside the fact neither are currently MPs, and Nigel isn't in the Tory party)

"Fever dream" really doesn't do justice to this sort of stuff.
"Desperation is sometimes as powerful an inspirer as genius."
Benjamin Disraeli

In this case, the inspirer is a judicial amount of Class A drugs
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2023, 07:32:02 AM »

Things you say when you know an interview has gone well.

Also Miriam Cates MP (Penistone) is apparently being investigated for "significant damage to the house's reputation" whatever that means.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2023, 11:38:11 AM »

Not confirmed by media, but there seems to he a hot mic scandal brewing: the Labour MP for Stockton North asked the House about why child poverty is so high in his constituency, and a senior Tory MP (possibly Cleverly) said "because it's a sh**thole".

Cleverly is in another similar scandal at the moment, joking while signing an anti-spiking law about roofieing his wife. Starting to think rishi 's designated successor isn't the smartest guy.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2024, 05:10:48 PM »

Lmao lee Anderson claims he went into the no lobby, but was embarrassed because some Labour MP's laughed at him and said he was rejoining the party, so he skulked out and abstained. A special mind.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2024, 12:00:17 PM »

I think if he had ran again, there could have been a negative personal vote (I don't think we see them enough to swing a safe seat, but him and Truss are good candidates for swingable voters to show up and recoil at the name)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2024, 06:03:07 PM »

What’s the record for most prime ministers in one parliamentary term?

4, as far as I know, which has happened about three times, most recently in 1865 (Palmerston died, was replaced by Lord Russell, who was defeated by a VONC, which returned Derby to power for the eight hundredth time, who stepped down for medical reasons in favour of Disraeli - of course that parliament actually accomplished something (the Reform Act) unlike the current shower )
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2024, 01:57:20 PM »

What’s the record for most prime ministers in one parliamentary term?

4, as far as I know, which has happened about three times, most recently in 1865 (Palmerston died, was replaced by Lord Russell, who was defeated by a VONC, which returned Derby to power for the eight hundredth time, who stepped down for medical reasons in favour of Disraeli - of course that parliament actually accomplished something (the Reform Act) unlike the current shower )

Scratch that, it's actually 5, from 1761-68. I assume Americans here may be familiar with some of the details of that parliament given it overlaps with the American revolutionary period: its turmoil was a result of George III trying his hand to stretch the constitution and saw various factions try to solve the "how to tax the colonies question" via the stamp tax etc.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2024, 11:37:54 AM »

I assume this is the same Gyles Brandreth busy trying to flog his books about the royal family these days?

That's him.

Twee as he can be, Brandreth is probably one of the better role models for swing-seat Conservatives thinking about what might happen next...

He's basically the only 1997 loser other than Portillo to establish a lasting media career - and unlike the former member for Enfield Southgate, he got to it immediately, rather than giving Westminster another go first.

Didn't Currie and Mellor also do so to a significant extent? That would be four - I suppose there might be more amongst the 2024 losers, but perhaps only because of the existence of GB News.

Does Neil Hamilton count?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2024, 11:44:10 AM »

would reform even want truss?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2024, 11:53:16 AM »

WE HAVE THE SUPPORT OF A FORMER PRIME MINISTER.

The leaflet may not say which one, through.

Honestly they'd have better luck getting boris on board, who at least has a remaining fan club (even if his wider appeal is gone) and is still stewing in resentments.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies