Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 06:48:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 99
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 150198 times)
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: January 27, 2019, 12:17:59 PM »

Going to Kamala’s launch rally with some friends

Don't elites like you prefer "luncheon"?
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #451 on: January 27, 2019, 12:23:12 PM »

I’m sorry about that.
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #452 on: January 27, 2019, 06:08:42 PM »

TIL I’m an elite
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #453 on: January 27, 2019, 07:12:38 PM »

Got rejected by one of my preferred schools today. Between that and recent contact with faculty at another institution, I'm starting to prepare myself for/warm to the idea of going to a smaller local school. Of course, I've got to decide it's worth it.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #454 on: January 27, 2019, 07:16:55 PM »

Assuming people's socioeconomic status is a bad habit. You're not the only working class guy here.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #455 on: January 27, 2019, 08:26:07 PM »

Assuming people's socioeconomic status is a bad habit. You're not the only working class guy here.

Yeah a lot of Atlas users have a bad issue about assuming people's lives based on their political views, and basically view anyone as an "traitor" or something when a user on here doesn't fit in the little box that they put each demographic group in.

I'm pretty much by all measures, white working class, but Atlas is like "You're not real white working class!!!"  and claim I'm an elitist. It's stupid af.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #456 on: January 27, 2019, 11:03:15 PM »

My mind has been so ed for the past year now. I always beat myself up for no reason, but I just genuinely think there's no way I could actually do it. I'm an ugly boy, and that's just something I need to admit to myself. I can't do it. I'm not a girl. There's no way I could fit in. I just can't imagine a way in which I'm not a disgusting freak show. I need to stop lying to myself. I can't be a girl. It's something I need to admit to myself before I ruin myself. I'll never be valid. I'll never love myself. I'll never be happy.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #457 on: January 27, 2019, 11:54:03 PM »

My mind has been so ed for the past year now. I always beat myself up for no reason, but I just genuinely think there's no way I could actually do it. I'm an ugly boy, and that's just something I need to admit to myself. I can't do it. I'm not a girl. There's no way I could fit in. I just can't imagine a way in which I'm not a disgusting freak show. I need to stop lying to myself. I can't be a girl. It's something I need to admit to myself before I ruin myself. I'll never be valid. I'll never love myself. I'll never be happy.

We Atlasians like you. It does not matter how you look, most of us think you are an ff. If you can have such status on an online platform with strangers, I am sure that you either have or can achieve it in real life. You are not alone, both in the sense that this is the norm for millions people our age out there and for what it is worth, you will always have someone to talk to. If not people in your real life, there are many here in the Atlasian community that are available to talk to, so you may be in hardship, but you will never be completely alone. I wish there was more that we could do, but I can promise that you will never be unheard and alone. I know from personal experience that things ring like a hollow tree when things are not backed up physically, but better to have a tree, hollow or not, than none at all.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #458 on: January 28, 2019, 01:32:00 AM »

SFO-EWR red-eye. 777 Gulag completely full. Almost half the flight is 1K or GS lol. Welcome to Sunday night.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #459 on: January 28, 2019, 02:30:02 AM »

SFO-EWR red-eye. 777 Gulag completely full. Almost half the flight is 1K or GS lol. Welcome to Sunday night.

Not bad.

Red-eyes are the best way to switch sides of the country quickly. But then, I much prefer traveling anywhere at night.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #460 on: January 28, 2019, 05:04:14 AM »

I know you consider what I'm about to say to be on par with HISgate, but pretty much every trans woman has felt that way, either now or before. Before hormones I cried myself to sleep telling myself that. I still worry about that but it's not as hard on me now for some reason.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #461 on: January 28, 2019, 09:47:10 AM »

Making it a personal goal to read https://twitter.com/redditships/ for laughs before work instead of sooper serious political and world news

Life is too depressing. Better to laugh at things like:

Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #462 on: January 28, 2019, 12:23:36 PM »

This is a very sad post.  It seems as if you have wondered if you’re trans and are not sure and it’s all severely obscured by low self esteem and body image issues.  I don’t know if you already do, but talking to a counselor is a good idea.  Most likely your school has one and you can approach them.  They can help or get you in touch with someone who can help.

Lots of teens go through exactly what you’re going through.  I can guarantee you the ones who can talk about it and find help from someone trained to help end up much happier in the long run than those who dont.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #463 on: January 28, 2019, 07:28:52 PM »

Should I go get plastered with friends when it's Monday night right before I need payroll taxes done and tonight there is supposed to be a snowstorm?

I think yes.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #464 on: January 30, 2019, 09:20:24 AM »

I'm the fact that my still-half-closeted ass almost started crying because my teacher (who doesn't know I'm trans, as far as I know) deadnamed me in the example of saying "red hair" in Spanish.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #465 on: January 30, 2019, 11:01:20 PM »

Got home at 9:40pm and pigged out on a smorgasbord of Pollo Tropical chicken and stuff

Am now thoroughly disgusted by myself Sad
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #466 on: February 01, 2019, 10:53:27 AM »

God is real.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

« Reply #467 on: February 01, 2019, 05:50:37 PM »

So...I came out to a teacher at school today about how I'm questioning my identity.

Needless to say, he was pretty freaking supportive. I consider it a big success, not gonna lie. Smiley
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #468 on: February 01, 2019, 05:56:14 PM »

Got home at 9:40pm and pigged out on a smorgasbord of Pollo Tropical chicken and stuff

Am now thoroughly disgusted by myself Sad
Interestingly:  Smorgasbord means "sandwich board"... smorgas refers to an open faced sandwich which is commonly eaten in Scandinavia and Germany in the traditionally non-main meals of the day.  They are often served to guests as well.

Smor means "butter" but it is where we get the word smear from.  Gas refers to goose, and together they refer to the chunks of butter that float when you churn the milk.

So you literally had a Smear-goose board of pollo tropical chicken and stuff.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #469 on: February 01, 2019, 08:55:21 PM »

Santander is a liar.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #470 on: February 01, 2019, 08:59:48 PM »

We've had a two-hour delay every day this week, for snow on Wednesday and today and cold the other days. I appreciate being able to sleep in, but I'm pretty excited tbh for the nice weather next week and hopefully getting on track with my classes.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #471 on: February 01, 2019, 09:49:14 PM »

In terms of credible witnesses, I know whose side I'm on.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #472 on: February 03, 2019, 11:41:41 AM »

I just told my mother that I have a boyfriend. She already knew I'm gay but is pretty sensitive about it so it was a big moment for me, but we're together for four months already so it was overdue.

She reacted with some disappointment (because she still hopes I magically turn straight\bi) but it was much less drama than my first coming out several years ago, and she actually asked some question and was interested. I hope she tells my father since I don't really know how to talk emotions with him, and that I'll be able to invite my boyfriend to meet my parents soon enough Smiley
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #473 on: February 03, 2019, 10:55:19 PM »

So proud of this country tonight. Thank you, America.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #474 on: February 03, 2019, 11:13:24 PM »

So proud of this country tonight. Thank you, America.

WE WON THE SUPER BOWL LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

e: oh god i accidentally stretched the page let's cut that mess out so it's normal
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 99  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies