Describe the likely political views of the previous hypothetical person
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:00:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Describe the likely political views of the previous hypothetical person
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 ... 87
Author Topic: Describe the likely political views of the previous hypothetical person  (Read 208291 times)
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1550 on: December 18, 2020, 09:59:07 PM »

Not sure who yours is (Turin makes me think he might be in an Eco book?) but I'm guessing he's an elitist Sad PD voter.

Lulz. It was Amerigo Ormea = Italo Calvino from The Watcher. So an elitist Sad [not really] PCI voter.

Just skip me.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #1551 on: December 18, 2020, 10:14:47 PM »

Yep, it's Sue! Here's another, very dissimilar sleazy antihero:

Race: White
Sexual orientation: Straight
Hometown: A small town in Tennessee
Current location: A mid-sized city somewhere in the Sunbelt Stack
Education: High school
Religion: Atheist
Hobbies: Driving, picking up girls, movies
Other: Army veteran, discharged quite recently.

Not sure who yours is (Turin makes me think he might be in an Eco book?) but I'm guessing he's an elitist Sad PD voter.

No idea who he is (Elmer Gantry vibes however) but I would guess he's sort of a disillusioned alt right curious Trump supporter? Probably has very nilhistic views on life.

Race: White (English, Irish, German)
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Residence: Cobb County, Georgia
Hometown: Erie, Pennsylvania
Religion: Culturally Protestant, attends services at a nondenominational megachurch irregularly with fiancee and friends
Relationship Status: Engaged to a 32 year old manager at a major tech firm
Profession: Corporate consultant/strategist at Delta Airlines
Education: BA in Economics, MBA
Income: $90,000/year
Interests: Fashion, painting, opera, cars, art/antique collecting, fitness
Other: -Father was a prominent used car dealership owner who built a major mansion and hired a chauffeur/butler to drive his daughter around in childhood
-Interested in business and fashion from a very early age
-Somewhat vain and materialistic (runs an Instagram "lifestyle" account) but attended public school and most of her friends are from middle or working-class backgrounds. Takes a genuine interest in "high culture"
-Childhood friends of two other individuals I listed previously
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1552 on: December 19, 2020, 12:47:18 AM »
« Edited: December 19, 2020, 12:51:31 AM by Marxpilled Red Tory »

No idea who he is (Elmer Gantry vibes however) but I would guess he's sort of a disillusioned alt right curious Trump supporter? Probably has very nilhistic views on life.

He is Hazel Motes from Wise Blood by Flannery O'Connor and yes, he's one of the Trumpiest characters in American literature.

Yours probably voted Biden, but I doubt I'd like her very much if I knew her.

Race: Black
Hometown: New Orleans
Residence: US base overseas
Religion: Irreligious but curious about the local religious scene where he's stationed
Relationship status: Widower
Education: Annapolis
Hobbies: Cooking, baseball, studying history (especially that of the Navy and that of black Americans)
Other: Has a teenage son. Is friends with mostly women, but that wasn't true until recently. His family stateside is in the restaurant business.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1553 on: December 19, 2020, 01:07:15 AM »

Sounds like a fairly solid Democrat--about where the median of the party is ideologically?

Race/Ethnicity: White, Israeli-American (Ashkenazi)
Hometown: Tel Aviv, Israel
Residence: East Lansing, MI
Religion: Conservative Judaism
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual, not out to anyone
Relationship Status: In an off-again on-again long distance thing with a former colleague from grad school (female)
Education: BS from Brown, PhD from Caltech
Hobbies: Writing, Board games, Wrestling
Other notes: Immigrated to the US at 13, has no living immediate family, prone to being philosophical and introverted. Lives a very spartan and lonely life with few friends and no one very close.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1554 on: December 19, 2020, 01:35:57 AM »
« Edited: December 19, 2020, 01:40:40 AM by Marxpilled Red Tory »

Probably center-left at heart, but the extremely low social capital doesn't bode well.

Race/ethnicity: Italian
Hometown: Somewhere in Italy
Residence: Izu Archipelago, Japan
Religion: Catholic
Sexual orientation: Bisexual
Relationship status: It's complicated
Education: Autodidact
Hobbies: Wine tasting, cooking, BDSM, autistic self-advocacy activism, crime novels, tea ceremony, online sockpuppetry, babysitting, studying obscure folklore, phone sex
Other: I know this sounds like something out of a fever dream I had after falling asleep to an audio book of Numero Zero, but this actually is a real character in something I did not write myself.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #1555 on: December 19, 2020, 02:03:49 AM »

Probably center-left at heart, but the extremely low social capital doesn't bode well.

Hobbies: Wine tasting, cooking, BDSM, autistic self-advocacy activism, crime novels, tea ceremony, online sockpuppetry, babysitting, studying obscure folklore, phone sex
Other: I know this sounds like something out of a fever dream I had after falling asleep to an audio book of Numero Zero, but this actually is a real character in something I did not write myself.

"That would be telling" for the age implies that she is extremely old, ie beyond normal human life expectancy maximums. Assuming she is interested in politics (given she sounds vaguely supernatural/having magical powers she might not take an interest in such aspects of human society), she's probably quite left-wing bordering on anarchism. Probably would have been sympathetic to say Pasolini's views in Italian politics in the 1960s and would support the Democratic Party at present, if only out of opposition to Lega, Berlusconi, and Fratelli d'Italia. In Japanese politics, she would similarly be opposed to the LDP and Nippon Kaigi thus supporting either the JCP or Constitutional Democrats.

Another "Americanized" anime character

Race: East Asian (Korean)
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual (Mostly prefers men)
Residence: Fairfax County, Virginia
Hometown: Seoul, Republic of Korea
Religion: Presbyterian
Relationship Status: Single, but strongly fixated on her widowed high school music teacher who is close to 40.
Profession: College student, gives trumpet and piano lessons part-time
Education: High school diploma, currently enrolled at Berklee School of Music
Income: $3,000/year, parents make about $50,000/year
Interests: Music (esp. classical music, music theory, history etc.), Literature, Film, Hiking
Other: -Is extremely ambitious and has a desire to be "special", especially with regards to her musical skills in trumpet playing
-Very argumentative and independent, frequently clashes with other students and colleagues to their incompetence or traditional deference to superior
-Dislikes most (though not all) modern music
-Generally dresses and presents herself in a feminine manner, prefers to walk or ride a bicycle to most places, does not know how to drive

Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1556 on: December 19, 2020, 02:10:09 AM »
« Edited: December 19, 2020, 02:17:55 AM by Marxpilled Red Tory »

"That would be telling" for the age implies that she is extremely old, ie beyond normal human life expectancy maximums. Assuming she is interested in politics (given she sounds vaguely supernatural/having magical powers she might not take an interest in such aspects of human society), she's probably quite left-wing bordering on anarchism. Probably would have been sympathetic to say Pasolini's views in Italian politics in the 1960s and would support the Democratic Party at present, if only out of opposition to Lega, Berlusconi, and Fratelli d'Italia. In Japanese politics, she would similarly be opposed to the LDP and Nippon Kaigi thus supporting either the JCP or Constitutional Democrats.

She is Beatrice from Umineko no Naku koro ni and if you know the solution to the series she is not actually a thousand-year-old supernatural being, she just very convincingly plays one in real life. (Or, perhaps, she IS such a being and the "solution" is just another in the litany of ways she gaslights the series' protagonist.) She's a mind-bendingly complex character and I can see arguments for anything from "pro-life single-issue voter" to "neofascist" to "class-war-now left-leftist" without violating anything in the canon.

*skip*, although I have the uncomfortable feeling that yours might be from Hibike! Euphonium.

ETA: Oh, it's literally just a slightly older Reina. Generic D, probably liked Warren.

Someone else feel free to go next.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #1557 on: December 19, 2020, 02:18:27 AM »
« Edited: December 19, 2020, 02:27:48 AM by H. Ross Peron »

She is Beatrice from Umineko no Naku koro ni and if you know the solution to the series she is not actually a thousand-year-old supernatural being, she just very convincingly plays one in real life. (Or, perhaps, she IS such a being and the "solution" is just another in the litany of ways she gaslights the series' protagonist.) She's a mind-bendingly complex character and I can see arguments for anything from "pro-life single-issue voter" to "neofascist" to "class-war-now left-leftist" without violating anything in the canon.

*skip*, although I have the uncomfortable feeling that yours might be from Hibike! Euphonium.

That would be correct (finally got around to watching the series recently). There's some (mostly silly) speculation this character's supposed to be ethnic Korean, so I just decided to go ahead and make her Korean-American for a US version. I will have to check out Umineko...

EDIT: Glad you caught it was Reina. Definitely one of my favourite KyoAni characters in general. Whenever I use a fictional character, I generally age them up from original date of airing/publication.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1558 on: December 19, 2020, 02:21:19 AM »

That would be correct (finally got around to watching the series recently). There's some (mostly silly) speculation this character's supposed to be ethnic Korean, so I just decided to go ahead and make her Korean-American for a US version. I will have to check out Umineko...

Avoid the Umineko anime. The manga is fine in a pinch if you don't have the time for the utterly insane, completely editor-proof VNs.

Again, someone else feel free to create the next person!
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1559 on: December 19, 2020, 02:29:19 AM »

My guess for Mung Beans's is probably a fairly Democratic leaning voter. Her precise ideology probably is contingent on how strongly she identifies with queerness/traditionalism.

Race/ethnicity: White, Generic "American" ancestry
Hometown: Bluefields, VA
Residence: Radford, VA
Religion: Christian but not a regular churchgoer with rather low-church evangelical ideas
Relationship Status: In a rather tentative rekindled relationship with her child's father.
Education: 3 semesters at Radford University in interdisciplinary studies, Community College degree in paralegal studies.
Hobbies: Knitting, Partying, Crafts
Other pertinent notes: Has a 2 year old daughter, who her parents help her substantially with financially and with childcare. Was a low-level drug dealer in college.

Income: 20,000$ a year, but extensive debt.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1560 on: December 19, 2020, 12:55:05 PM »

Conversely to Mung Beans's person, this is a probable Trump supporter with whom I likely would get along.

I'll do one more literary one and then I'll start doing ones inspired by people I know in real life.

Race: White
Hometown: Leafy suburbia
Current location: Riyadh
Religion: Convert to Islam
Relationship status: In a relationship
Education: Was doing well in school back home. Most of his teachers were nuns.
Hobbies: Studying zoology and doing drugs, mostly.
Other pertinent info: From a VERY wealthy family, most of whom were killed for political reasons.

By the way, my black Navy officer was Benjamin Sisko from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #1561 on: December 19, 2020, 02:56:42 PM »

Nathan stop using people who are *too young to vote! Not to mention that elections don't exist in Saudi Arabia, in case he then takes its citizenship. Not to mention that I don't even know the country of origin of this guy, although very likely it's in North America or Europe. Lol
In any case, he has likely very right-wing political views.

*well if he's Austrian for example I think he can vote.

I didn't manage to find out who that is though. Sad

Next hypothetical person:
Gender - Male
Age - 36
Race (Ethnicity) - Native (Aymara)
Sexual orientation - Heterosexual
Relationship status - Married, with two children
Hometown - Achuqalla, Bolivia
Current location - El Alto, Bolivia
Religion - Catholic
Education - High school
Occupation - Municipal employee
Other things of note -
Resents the Fejuve movement
Weirdly bigoted towards Quechua people
Thanks partly to some weird connections he has, he can speak four languages: Aymara, Spanish, English and German
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1562 on: December 19, 2020, 05:23:15 PM »

Mine was Paul Atreides from Dune, and he is very much politically active in the book despite his age. Besides, plenty of people too young to vote have strong political views--hell, I was seventeen when I became a Talk Elections blogger!

*skip*
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #1563 on: December 19, 2020, 05:33:21 PM »

Mine was Paul Atreides from Dune, and he is very much politically active in the book despite his age. Besides, plenty of people too young to vote have strong political views--hell, I was seventeen when I became a Talk Elections blogger!

*skip*

Bruhhh
The friend of mine who likes weird history - and loves David Lynch - actually mentioned Paul Atreides from Dune from time to time (generally to use it as an antonomasia of cringe because he thinks the film is among Lynch's worst).
I am aware that many very young people have strong political views - but the fun part of this is to decide who the characters actually vote for.

*skip*
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #1564 on: December 19, 2020, 06:57:53 PM »

Nathan stop using people who are *too young to vote! Not to mention that elections don't exist in Saudi Arabia, in case he then takes its citizenship. Not to mention that I don't even know the country of origin of this guy, although very likely it's in North America or Europe. Lol
In any case, he has likely very right-wing political views.

*well if he's Austrian for example I think he can vote.

I didn't manage to find out who that is though. Sad

Next hypothetical person:
Gender - Male
Age - 36
Race (Ethnicity) - Native (Aymara)
Sexual orientation - Heterosexual
Relationship status - Married, with two children
Hometown - Achuqalla, Bolivia
Current location - El Alto, Bolivia
Religion - Catholic
Education - High school
Occupation - Municipal employee
Other things of note -
Resents the Fejuve movement
Weirdly bigoted towards Quechua people
Thanks partly to some weird connections he has, he can speak four languages: Aymara, Spanish, English and German

His dislike of Fejuve as well as the Quechua and somewhat more middle class background such as multilingualism suggest he has centre-right sympathies. Supported Mesa in the Bolivian election.

This is actually a mash-up of two (unintentionally) similar characters:

Race: Latino (Mexican)
Residence: Santa Clarita, California
Hometown: Norwalk, California
Religion: Roman Catholic
Relationship Status: Separated, currently undergoing divorce after mutual affairs. One 8 year old son.
Profession: LAPD (riot squad)
Education: High school diploma, BA in Criminal Justice
Income: $65,000/year
Interests: Football, Baseball, Guns, Movies, Trains
Other: -Served in the US Army as combat infantry during Operation Iraqi Freedom from 2003 to 2009
-Suffers from severe PTSD from military experience due to accidentally killing civilians at the Battle of Fallujah and seeing his best friend being killed.
-Extremely fond of peppermint candy
-Currently under investigation for using excessive force on suspects
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #1565 on: December 19, 2020, 07:31:18 PM »

His dislike of Fejuve as well as the Quechua and somewhat more middle class background such as multilingualism suggest he has centre-right sympathies. Supported Mesa in the Bolivian election.

To be fair I wasn't implying a middle-class background at all, my idea was more that he has a friend/colleague/whatever who's German, like, completely at random, and he likes languages. But your answer is good anyways.

Yours 'feels' like he should be a Republican, but something doesn't convince me. I will say instead an unlikely Democrat who will not stop blaming Republicans for the Iraq War, the trauma it caused him, and wars in general. He voted Bush in 2004 however.
I wonder whether I know any of the two characters he's taken from.

Next is another fictional character:
Gender - Female
Age - 47
Race - White Latina apparently?
Relationship status - Single
Hometown - San Francisco, CA
Current location - Northern Virginia
Education - Some college
Occupation - Technical Analyst
Interests - Online games, flashy clothes
Other - Her parents both died when she was 18; she is a former hacker; she easily gets overly emotional
I Stand With TRKL1917
Pineville Jeb
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1566 on: December 19, 2020, 07:53:36 PM »

Overly emotional and lives in San Francisco = obvious #woke democrat.

Next:
Race: White (Anglo-Saxon)
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Residence: Dothan, Alabama
Hometown: Opp, Alabama
Religion: Odinist
Relationship status: None, since her second baby daddy turned out to be a meth dealer
Education: High school dropout
Income: $25,000/year
Other: Smokes weed, has two children by two different fathers who were both junkies, her trailer is adorned with Confederate flags
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1567 on: December 19, 2020, 08:59:30 PM »

Trumpist for cultural rather than ideological reasons, sort of like how someone like Sanchez is.

Race/ethnicity: Portuguese-American
Hometown: Chicopee, MA
Current location: Yarmouth, MA
Religion: Nominally Catholic
Relationship status: Married for over 60 years, three children, five grandchildren
Education: High school plus vocational education in the garment trade
Hobbies: Cooking, yard work (when his joints cooperate), sewing, listening to jazz and traditional pop records (his first celebrity crush was Helen O'Connell)
Other pertinent info: Personally racist and sexist, but not homophobic.
wimp
themiddleman
« Reply #1568 on: December 19, 2020, 09:46:37 PM »
« Edited: December 19, 2020, 09:51:23 PM by lemon juice drinker »

Trumpist for cultural rather than ideological reasons, sort of like how someone like Sanchez is.

Race/ethnicity: Portuguese-American
Hometown: Chicopee, MA
Current location: Yarmouth, MA
Religion: Nominally Catholic
Relationship status: Married for over 60 years, three children, five grandchildren
Education: High school plus vocational education in the garment trade
Hobbies: Cooking, yard work (when his joints cooperate), sewing, listening to jazz and traditional pop records (his first celebrity crush was Helen O'Connell)
Other pertinent info: Personally racist and sexist, but not homophobic.

Stereotypical cultural/ancestral Democrat who started to shift right when things started getting #woke, but was reassured back into the flock with Biden. May or may not have voted for Reagan.

Race/ethnicity: English, German, and Comanche
Hometown: Edmond, Oklahoma
Current location: Amherst, Massachusetts
Religion: Raised in a Southern Baptist family, now identifies as a culturally Baptist atheist
Relationship status: Single
Education: Currently attending University of Massachusetts Amherst as a history major. Graduated from a private Christian high school in Oklahoma
Class: Upper-middle class
Hobbies: Video games, streaming, memes, retail history, and an obscure anime nobody outside of Japan has heard of
Other pertinent info: Has Asperger's but was not diagnosed until he was in college
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1569 on: December 19, 2020, 10:00:01 PM »

Stereotypical cultural/ancestral Democrat who started to shift right when things started getting #woke, but was reassured back into the flock with Biden. May or may not have voted for Reagan.

It's a member of my extended family, and in a big-picture sense this is exactly accurate, but practically speaking I don't think he's ever actually gone through with voting for a Republican Presidential nominee. I know he's never liked Trump even back when a lot of his kind of old-school New England cultural Democrats did. He's been a fan of Biden ever since he became VP.

Race/ethnicity: English, German, Comanche and Jewish
Religion: Raised in a mixed Jewish/Southern Baptist family, now identifies as a culturally baptist atheist
Education: Currently attending UMASS as a history major. Graduated from a private Christian high school in Oklahoma
Hobbies: Video games, streaming, memes, retail history, and an obscure anime nobody outside of Japan has heard of
Other pertinent info: Has Asperger's but was not diagnosed until he was in college

I'm guessing this guy is at the very least a Democratic leaner, but how strong of one might depend on the extent to which he identifies with his Native ancestry.

Race/ethnicity: Irish-American
Sexual orientation: Lesbian
Hometown: Waterford, NY
Current location: Niskayuna, NY
Religion: Catholic; drifted away in adolescence and resumed practicing after college
Relationship status: Single; a male friend beards for her as needed
Occupation: Mid-level bureaucrat in the New York State Department of State
Education: BA in international relations and Arabic
Hobbies: Baking, fiber crafts, listening to audiobooks and podcasts, learning languages, learning about Middle Eastern history and culture, attending religious services and events
Other pertinent info: From a lower-middle-class family. Loves old-school science fiction. Keeps crested geckos.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #1570 on: December 19, 2020, 11:01:19 PM »

It's a member of my extended family, and in a big-picture sense this is exactly accurate, but practically speaking I don't think he's ever actually gone through with voting for a Republican Presidential nominee. I know he's never liked Trump even back when a lot of his kind of old-school New England cultural Democrats did. He's been a fan of Biden ever since he became VP.

Race/ethnicity: English, German, Comanche and Jewish
Religion: Raised in a mixed Jewish/Southern Baptist family, now identifies as a culturally baptist atheist
Education: Currently attending UMASS as a history major. Graduated from a private Christian high school in Oklahoma

I'm guessing this guy is at the very least a Democratic leaner, but how strong of one might depend on the extent to which he identifies with his Native ancestry.

Race/ethnicity: Irish-American
Sexual orientation: Lesbian
Hometown: Waterford, NY
Current location: Niskayuna, NY
Religion: Catholic; drifted away in adolescence and resumed practicing after college
Relationship status: Single; a male friend beards for her as needed
Occupation: Mid-level bureaucrat in the New York State Department of State
Education: BA in international relations and Arabic
Hobbies: Baking, fiber crafts, listening to audiobooks and podcasts, learning languages, learning about Middle Eastern history and culture, attending religious services and events
Other pertinent info: From a lower-middle-class family. Loves old-school science fiction. Keeps crested geckos.

Sexuality, age, and government job all clearly place her somewhere on the left and a supporter of the Democratic Party. I would guess that she's a pro-Bernie progressive but with somewhat nuanced views on foreign policy than the generic anti-Zionism/"anti-imperialism" (ie anti Americanism) of much of the American left.

Race: Black
Residence/Hometown: Chicago, Illinois (grew up in Southside Chicago, now lives in Edison Park)
Religion: Roman Catholic (convert, raised Baptist)
Relationship Status: Married to a Polish-American woman, three children
Profession: Firefighter
Education: High school diploma
Income: $75,000/year
Interests: Cooking, Fishing, Science fiction and mysteries, old films, Catholic theology
Other: -Grew up in a low-income single parent household, had an unpleasant childhood for various reasons but still sees his relatives and childhood friends from Southside of Chicago from time to time
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1571 on: December 20, 2020, 01:09:18 AM »

She is a close friend of mine and yep, she's a "leftcath starter pack" Berniecrat with a dash of foreign policy realism for spice. Went to the mattresses for Biden in the general, though.

*skip*
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #1572 on: December 20, 2020, 04:01:01 AM »

Overly emotional and lives in San Francisco = obvious #woke democrat.

She doesn't *live* in San Francisco. She was originally from there but she (presumably) lives in Northern Virginia.

Anyway, it was Penelope Garcia from the TV show Criminal Minds.

*skip*
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1573 on: December 20, 2020, 09:29:07 PM »

I think our black Catholic convert firefighter friend is probably a Democrat, although he might be susceptible to appeals from a #populist Purple heart Republican less personally repellent and less racist than Trump. He also sounds like an awesome person.

Here's one based on a few people I know, but much more loosely and more of a mix-and-match of different people's attributes.

Race/ethnicity: Jewish
Hometown: Harrisburg, PA
Current location: Keene, NH
Religion: Catholic, raised by convert parents
Relationship status: In a relationship with another man
Education: Current college student, bio major
Hobbies: Video games, comic books, going to Latin Mass, exercise (swimming, running, skiing), complaining about Pope Francis on social media
Other pertinent info: Has been called the K-word by a Feeneyite priest one of his friends knows.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #1574 on: December 20, 2020, 11:58:12 PM »

I think our black Catholic convert firefighter friend is probably a Democrat, although he might be susceptible to appeals from a #populist Purple heart Republican less personally repellent and less racist than Trump. He also sounds like an awesome person.

Here's one based on a few people I know, but much more loosely and more of a mix-and-match of different people's attributes.

Race/ethnicity: Jewish
Hometown: Harrisburg, PA
Current location: Keene, NH
Religion: Catholic, raised by convert parents
Relationship status: In a relationship with another man
Education: Current college student, bio major
Hobbies: Video games, comic books, going to Latin Mass, exercise (swimming, running, skiing), complaining about Pope Francis on social media
Other pertinent info: Has been called the K-word by a Feeneyite priest one of his friends knows.

I would have said he was Catholic Left if he was pro-Francis, but his dislike of the current Pope suggests conservative views. I would guess some kind of paleocon/distributist and that he voted for Trump, possibly veering into crude ethnonationalism in a manner similar to Stephen Miller or Roy Cohn.

A slightly adjusted version of someone I know.

Race: Latino (Ecuadorian)
Residence/Hometown: Bronx, New York
Religion: Pentecostal (Family converted in the 1980s from Catholicism)
Relationship Status: Dating a woman
Profession: Graphic designer
Education: BA in Graphic Design
Income: $40,000/year
Interests: Shonen anime, History, Politics, Baseball
Other: -Strong admirer and supporter of Rafael Correa in the context of Ecuadorian politics
-Very anti-Catholic, thinks Catholics are going to Hell and that the Pope is the Antichrist
-Extremely active in his church, attending services weekly as well organizing Bible Study
-Not a dispensationalist, but believes he is "called" to proselytize to Jews in particular and can be often seen distributing tracts to clearly Orthodox people on subways or parks
-Is an Old Earth Creationist (ie believes the Earth and the universe to be billions of years old but that humans were directly created by God)
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 ... 87  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies