Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:38:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)  (Read 128345 times)
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: September 16, 2019, 04:38:41 AM »

Bernie's odds look grim, he has a relatively high floor but low ceiling, and most winnable voters have gone to other candidates. His numbers may gradually decline over the coming months.

His only hope at this point is if Warren collapses but at this point, that is unlikely. He may be better off dropping out. He's run a bad campaign filled with some of the most toxic people around. He should go back to what he's good at and being a Senator.

Like I've said before, Bernie and Warren's stylistic differences are strong enough to distinguish their supporter bases. Him dropping out would probably throw the election to Biden, who offers the same nostalgic appeal and appeals to a more working-class crowd.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 03:30:23 PM »

It's funny how Saint Bernie can't stop (or at least he says so) the bros from behaving like entitled jerks on the internet but he will absolutely persuade Mitch McConnell to pass his policies.

Imagine hating Bernie so much you're willing to resort to casual sexism to score points on him

(and this is coming from someone who agrees with dotard and finds the doxing in poor taste)
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2019, 03:58:32 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2019, 04:07:22 PM by Grand Mufti of Leftist Messposting »

It's funny how Saint Bernie can't stop (or at least he says so) the bros from behaving like entitled jerks on the internet but he will absolutely persuade Mitch McConnell to pass his policies.

Imagine hating Bernie so much you're willing to resort to casual sexism to score points on him

(and this is coming from someone who agrees with dotard and finds the doxing in poor taste)

Imagine loving Bernie so much you're willing to resort to casual racism to defend him.

See how that also doesn't make any sense?

Bernie Bro is an inherently gendered term. It erases female supporters of the Bernie campaign. Actually, I'll go as far as to say it erases people of color too, as the guy who created the stereotype used it to stereotype Bernie supporters as white males.

Overall, those who use the term are trafficking in racism and sexism at best, and at worst fully embracing it.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2019, 04:06:49 PM »

I guess you are one those guys who think using the name X-Men makes someone a sexist.

FTR though, I accept the fact that female Sanders supporters can be as big jerks as his male supporters.

Nah. I just know the context and the history behind the term.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2019, 04:25:20 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2019, 04:44:09 PM by Grand Mufti of Leftist Messposting »

It's incredibly irritating when Bernie Bros pretend to be oblivious to semantics and context just to divert the conversation away from their incredibly toxic behavior.

Your buddies on Twitter told WFP members to "eat s**t and die", "I hope you get cancer", "drop dead dumb c**nt", etc. etc. and you're sitting here going

Quote from: Grand Mufti of Leftist Messposting
*vile accusation that I certainly won't be repeating*

You clearly have no idea of who I am or what my positions are if you're going to make that argument. My views of the WFP spat and Elizabeth Warren are publicly available on here, and they certainly aren't "what the cultists did is justified". Dare I say that misquoting me as defending their vile actions is defamation of character.

There are ways to condemn deplorable behavior without resorting to gendered/race-based attacks. That's why I didn't go after dotard, and that's why I originally didn't go after you. You can use any other term - Berniebot, Bernie cultist, Bernie lunatic, whatever you want. But the moment you use the term Bernie Bro, you're erasing many of our supporters, and that's what I'd consider a race-based/gendered attack.

Then again, I shouldn't be surprised that you're using these strawmen. Jumping to conclusions without checking the facts is par for the course for you.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2019, 04:47:49 PM »

It's incredibly irritating when Bernie Bros pretend to be oblivious to semantics and context just to divert the conversation away from their incredibly toxic behavior.

Your buddies on Twitter told WFP members to "eat s**t and die", "I hope you get cancer", "drop dead dumb c**nt", etc. etc. and you're sitting here going

You clearly have no idea of who I am or what my positions are if you're going to make that argument. My views of the WFP spat and Elizabeth Warren are publicly available on here, and they certainly aren't "what the cultists did is justified". Dare I say that misquoting me as defending their actions is defamation of character. There are ways to condemn it without resorting to sexism or racism. That's why I didn't go after dotard.

Then again, I shouldn't be surprised that you're doing this. Jumping to conclusions without checking the facts is par for the course for you.

So much outrage, so little time.

The guy made a fake quote of me defending vile things. I think we all can agree my outrage is justified.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2019, 05:05:07 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2019, 05:09:20 PM by Grand Mufti of Leftist Messposting »

There's nothing to argue with. I've already said I found what happened distasteful. Dotard said it well enough, and all without resorting to slurs or slander! Imagine that!

Cool your jets.  Nobody actually thinks that's a real quote from you.

You need to think in context and stop freaking out over trivialities to distract from the points people are trying to make.

Don't even ****ing try and defend what you just did to me.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2019, 05:44:13 PM »

Okay that's enough. I've already issued one infraction for defaming Sawx (who has some right to be upset even if I personally wouldn't go as far as he is), and there are some posts in the last bit of the thread that while I haven't yet taken any action on, I'd prefer to see things de-escalate.

Fair enough. You're a good dude and I respect your judgments.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2019, 04:29:04 AM »

Love it when supporters of other candidates jump into this megathred to attack my candidate and defame my boys. Great look y'all.

Dude, Biden can't take a pee without Bernie bros attacking him as worse than Hitler.

I have no comment.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2019, 08:30:12 PM »

SawX is being personally attacked, while you rage post about tweets David Sirota makes.  One of these things is not like the other.  NOT A GOOD LOOK FOR YOU!

Of course the most deplorable person in the anti-Bernie crrowd applauds/minimizes this deplorable action. Sad!
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2019, 08:11:28 PM »

Roll Eyes

jfc.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2019, 10:53:55 PM »

But it was Hillary and her voters who acted entitled.
Amirite?

Wrong, stupid, and entitled BS. Speaking of wrong and stupid BS,

The establishment's official propaganda arm is back on their bullmess, apparently saying that people who support Bernie over Warren must be sexist.

I don't think I need to explain the problem with this. Just another example of vile anti-Bernie bias from MSNBC.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2019, 05:01:45 PM »

I agree.  This kind of analysis is snarky and dumb, and it's especially irritating because it gives Sanders supporters an outlier to point to and claim it's representative of the entire media.

I mean this is just one contributor.  This isn't MSNBC's point of view.

With the amount of sheer slander (Mimi Rocah's comments still are everpresent) that's gone unchecked, I have to disagree. Zerlina Maxwell quite literally fabricates stories to support a narrative about Bernie being the candidate of the white males. While not as bad as the other two, she goes unchecked and keeps her job. Once is a mistake. Twice is a pattern. Three times is a trend. MSNBC has a trend of biased coverage against Bernie Sanders, because Bernie Sanders is firmly outside the "establishment" that they cater to.

This is much worse than the Rocah comments. What she said was horrible, but I get the sentiment - she'd rather trust a woman to deal with women's issues than a man. I think we're all in agreement that this is a cynical exploitation of sexism, and that **** like what Emily Tisch said is why people are skeptical of the cause.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2019, 05:20:09 PM »

This talking head lady's name is Emily Sussman.  She only has 5000 Twitter followers.  She's just some rando MSNBC has on to fill airtime.  This isn't the scandal of the century.

By the way if you want to see Bernie Bros in action go look at the replies to all her tweets since this clip went viral.  Congratulations, guys, you probably made her cry.  Only Bernie's campaign does this.

Tisch, Sussman, whatever. Both sides of her family are rich and she still got given a platform to spew her bullmess to millions of people.

Speaking of bullmess that hurts women...
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2019, 02:30:21 AM »

Geez it's such a cult.  It reminds me of scientology.  Going and begging L. Ron Hubbard, please stop punishing me, I am your #1 follower and true believer and always will be, you know my loyalty could never be questioned and my faith has never wavered, please I beg you call your followers off, or at least tell them to stop attacking my wife and children.

You "coincidentally" leave out that Vincent D'Onofrio has no issue with Sanders himself. He has an issue with his zealots, obviously, but he doesn't extrapolate the few who harassed him over the entire support base.

Social media is a ****ed up place. I'm not gonna sit here and minimize his harassment, but you're clearly not spreading his message.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2019, 10:00:35 AM »

He'll be in my prayers.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2019, 01:38:07 PM »

I mean if his doctors have cleared him...
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2019, 01:51:04 AM »

Sanders to scale back his campaign activity:

JFC just look at that clip he's practically red, I just can't believe he's going on at this point. Having to scale back just as things are starting to heat up, he needs to put his ego aside and end this.

It's a lighting problem. Try again.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2019, 07:30:19 PM »

I find the "Warren is copying Bernie and that is bad" complaint so baffling.

Haven't these same people been complaining for the last four years, especially so in 2016, that nobody else in the party is like Bernie? Hearing these same people now say that Warren is unoriginally (?) emphasizing the same issues and that is a problem is stunning. If Warren is an enemy here, then you don't have a movement large enough to order a pizza to the White House, let alone run the country.

Weren't some of these people literally begging Warren to run 4 years ago too?
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2019, 12:06:41 PM »

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2019, 07:42:04 PM »
« Edited: October 13, 2019, 07:51:44 PM by Grand Mufti of Leftist Messposting »

Some Bernie fans are really getting desperate. Sad to see.

Bernie has the worst supporters on the internet, even slightly edging out the Trumpists (though that should change over the course of the election, especially if it looks like Trump is going to lose).

Out of all the outlandish political views I've seen on Atlas, a TYT/Jimmy Dore stan ripping Bernie's supporters has to be up there. I'm guessing when we win the ideological war you're going to switch to hardcore Trumpism?
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2019, 09:42:37 PM »

In actual Bernie news, video maker Matt Orfalea got milkshake ducked. He got a job with the campaign after a well-produced video calling out the biases in the media went viral. Shortly after the hire was announced, the Twittersphere discovered a litany of unfunny, offensive videos he made. I won't be linking them here because they're trash, but you can find them yourself.

From what I can figure out, he also edited the intention of the most damning piece used (a sexual edit of the I Have a Dream speech) to be a "piece on media manipulation" instead of a joke video. Certainly how innocent people who totally have nothing to hide act.

Unsurprisingly, he has "resigned", and the campaign has distanced themselves from Orfalea. Not sure what the team was thinking here - I could have found this just as easily.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2019, 10:12:11 PM »

It is undeniable that Bernie mobs viciously attack anyone who speaks positively of Warren on most progressive forums/comment sections, but there is no need to derail and I have deleted my initial insult.

Yes, there are some that do. I'm not gonna sit here and defend Shadows. You'll notice that the average Bernie supporter is closer to me than him. Hell, if Bernie keeps flaming out, I might vote for Warren anyway. She's a 1B, not a second choice, and I trust her to take tough stances and overrule the establishment if needed.

You can bring up the merits of Warren all you want. You can condemn the Shadowses of the world all you want. You can come in here and debate his merits all you want. But the moment people like you and MacArthur say that Bernie/his supporters are worse than Trump/his supporters in any facet, you've unmasked yourselves. You've revealed you believe we're a bigger threat than literal fascists, and you've revealed that you're willing to bring this entire damn country down if it means getting revenge.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2019, 10:44:55 PM »
« Edited: October 13, 2019, 10:48:11 PM by Grand Mufti of Leftist Messposting »

It is undeniable that Bernie mobs viciously attack anyone who speaks positively of Warren on most progressive forums/comment sections, but there is no need to derail and I have deleted my initial insult.

Yes, there are some that do. I'm not gonna sit here and defend Shadows. You'll notice that the average Bernie supporter is closer to me than him. Hell, if Bernie keeps flaming out, I might vote for Warren anyway. She's a 1B, not a second choice, and I trust her to take tough stances and overrule the establishment if needed.

You can bring up the merits of Warren all you want. You can condemn the Shadowses of the world all you want. You can come in here and debate his merits all you want. But the moment people like you and MacArthur say that Bernie/his supporters are worse than Trump/his supporters in any facet, you've unmasked yourselves. You've revealed you believe we're a bigger threat than literal fascists, and you've revealed that you're willing to bring this entire damn country down if it means getting revenge.

I would never say Bernie is worse than Trump in any way. I was talking about the online behavior of his supporters, and how (imo) they are currently a bigger problem in online comment sections than Trump supporters. Maybe it's only the sites/channels I frequent.

I don't believe Bernie is a "threat", I agree with him on most every issue, and am closer to him on foreign policy than Warren. I would obviously vote for him in the GE. I don't believe he has a path to the nomination and his JRP interview made me lose all faith in him possibly being an effective President, but that has nothing to do with his policy positions.

The first quip wasn't a shot at you (for the record, I never took your "lol since when did you think I was a TYT stan" as an insult either). That was directed at MacArthur saying Trump was more ethical wrt campaign finance than Bernie.

As for his supporters, I believe you can look at what we stand for (even if some of us disagree), look at Trump's, and figure out what the real problem is.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2019, 05:01:08 PM »

Anyone want to guess the odds Bernie's heart attack is mentioned by the moderators or another candidate?

The candidates won't. The All-Seeing, Infallible Media (PBUT) certainly will though.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies