Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:50:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 91
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)  (Read 129119 times)
TWTown
GhostOfHuey
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: October 10, 2019, 06:55:39 PM »

The heart attack doesn’t really make me think less of Bernie, I still consider him the most genuine candidate and a candidate that can be trusted to put the working class of this country before private interests.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #276 on: October 10, 2019, 07:30:19 PM »

I find the "Warren is copying Bernie and that is bad" complaint so baffling.

Haven't these same people been complaining for the last four years, especially so in 2016, that nobody else in the party is like Bernie? Hearing these same people now say that Warren is unoriginally (?) emphasizing the same issues and that is a problem is stunning. If Warren is an enemy here, then you don't have a movement large enough to order a pizza to the White House, let alone run the country.

Weren't some of these people literally begging Warren to run 4 years ago too?
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #277 on: October 10, 2019, 07:51:28 PM »

I find the "Warren is copying Bernie and that is bad" complaint so baffling.

Haven't these same people been complaining for the last four years, especially so in 2016, that nobody else in the party is like Bernie? Hearing these same people now say that Warren is unoriginally (?) emphasizing the same issues and that is a problem is stunning. If Warren is an enemy here, then you don't have a movement large enough to order a pizza to the White House, let alone run the country.

Weren't some of these people literally begging Warren to run 4 years ago too?
Yep. They also constantly used their love for her to deflect claims that they were sexist lmao.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #278 on: October 13, 2019, 11:05:53 AM »

It just shows how fickle people are, how ideology less people really are & how fickle the movement was when it has so many backstabbers.

Here is 1 Man who has been fighting the fight for 30-40 years when Elizabeth Warren was a Republican supporting a man far worse than Trump (Reagan) - Massive austerity, cuts to welfare, huge tax breaks, religious war & so on.

Here is Warren - She has promised to raise PAC money for the GE (Through the DNC). She was nowhere near Standing Rock. She didn't support the Progressive fight in 2016 because not only is she a fraud, but a power hungry woman who wanted to be Hillary's VP & cement the neoliberal movement.

She supported 700B$+ Military budgets, gave Trump a blanket check to bomb children in Yemen. She did nothing when Trump used the Military Budget to conduct war crimes on children around the world.

And most of all she has called Medicare-for-all a Framework, one of the ideas. And now Harry Reid comes out & says Warren is a pragmatic who will once elected abandon Medicare-for-all.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #279 on: October 13, 2019, 11:09:02 AM »

The fact that people are abandoning FDR type, once in a 100 year candidate like Bernie for a fraud like Warren shows they were never progressives.

Anyways, now that many of the Bernie progressives have turned neoliberals, in honour to remind what a historic candidate they once supported. I would like to highlight to letters from decades back one Bernand Sanders wrote -

GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #280 on: October 13, 2019, 12:06:14 PM »

Shadows, everything Sanders writes in that letter was the near-uniform position of the Democratic Party in the early 70s.

If there's one thing consistent about Sanders it's his habit of taking things the entire Democratic Party believes and insisting he's the only one to ever think of them.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #281 on: October 13, 2019, 12:06:41 PM »

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #282 on: October 13, 2019, 01:45:48 PM »

The fact that people are abandoning FDR type, once in a 100 year candidate like Bernie for a fraud like Warren shows they were never progressives.

Anyways, now that many of the Bernie progressives have turned neoliberals, in honour to remind what a historic candidate they once supported. I would like to highlight to letters from decades back one Bernand Sanders wrote -

Mate, FDR was the fraud to Huey Long...himself the once in 50 years candidate to William Jennings Bryan.

100 years later and The New Deal still holds water.
Gone to Carolina
SaltGiver
Rookie
United States

« Reply #283 on: October 13, 2019, 02:27:45 PM »

Mate, FDR was the fraud to Huey Long...himself the once in 50 years candidate to William Jennings Bryan.

100 years later and The New Deal still holds water.

Yeah, FDR was just as much equivocating politician as many others. His avoidance in endorsing Upton Sinclair's campaign for the Governor of California should be evidence enough of his being a liberal reformist at heart. Which honestly, makes Warren more analogous to FDR than Sanders, in that they're both liberal reformers politicians; whereas Sanders possesses a lot more in common with various activist leftists who've run for office over the years, and in keeping with the Depression-era analogy is much more an Upton Sinclair figure than an FDR.

I say this as someone who likes both Warren and Sanders.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #284 on: October 13, 2019, 05:36:23 PM »

Some Bernie fans are really getting desperate. Sad to see.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #285 on: October 13, 2019, 06:52:26 PM »

Bernie has the worst supporters on the internet, even slightly edging out the Trumpists (though that should change over the course of the election, especially if it looks like Trump is going to lose).

Right, no one else has very obnoxious supporters.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #286 on: October 13, 2019, 07:42:04 PM »
« Edited: October 13, 2019, 07:51:44 PM by Grand Mufti of Leftist Messposting »

Bernie has the worst supporters on the internet, even slightly edging out the Trumpists (though that should change over the course of the election, especially if it looks like Trump is going to lose).

Out of all the outlandish political views I've seen on Atlas, a TYT/Jimmy Dore stan ripping Bernie's supporters has to be up there. I'm guessing when we win the ideological war you're going to switch to hardcore Trumpism?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #287 on: October 13, 2019, 09:35:29 PM »

Out of all the outlandish political views I've seen on Atlas, a TYT/Jimmy Dore stan ripping Bernie's supporters has to be up there. I'm guessing when we win the ideological war you're going to switch to hardcore Trumpism?

LOL, when I ever been a TYT stan? I like Jimmy Dore because he's one of the only major channels that tells the complete truth about foreign policy. His Bernie (and Tulsi) or bust BS doesn't interest me and I don't watch it.

Complete truth is not that we're going to war with N. Korea for their mineral deposits. Dore is a conspiracy theorist who panders to an extremist audience.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #288 on: October 13, 2019, 09:35:48 PM »

LOL, when I ever been a TYT stan? I like Jimmy Dore because he's one of the only major channels that tells the complete truth about foreign policy.

You know Jimmy Dore has been getting paid by the Assad regime (through an intermediary) for years, right?

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/2019/09/30/pro-assad-lobby-group-rewards-bloggers-on-both-the-left-and-the-right/

You reject all other media, all experts, all the people who know what they're talking about, in favor of a failed comedian who's almost always wrong and getting paid for his opinions by Assad.  FFS
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #289 on: October 13, 2019, 09:42:37 PM »

In actual Bernie news, video maker Matt Orfalea got milkshake ducked. He got a job with the campaign after a well-produced video calling out the biases in the media went viral. Shortly after the hire was announced, the Twittersphere discovered a litany of unfunny, offensive videos he made. I won't be linking them here because they're trash, but you can find them yourself.

From what I can figure out, he also edited the intention of the most damning piece used (a sexual edit of the I Have a Dream speech) to be a "piece on media manipulation" instead of a joke video. Certainly how innocent people who totally have nothing to hide act.

Unsurprisingly, he has "resigned", and the campaign has distanced themselves from Orfalea. Not sure what the team was thinking here - I could have found this just as easily.
Old Man Willow
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #290 on: October 13, 2019, 09:53:52 PM »

It is undeniable that Bernie mobs viciously attack anyone who speaks positively of Warren on most progressive forums/comment sections, but there is no need to derail and I have deleted my initial insult.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #291 on: October 13, 2019, 10:12:11 PM »

It is undeniable that Bernie mobs viciously attack anyone who speaks positively of Warren on most progressive forums/comment sections, but there is no need to derail and I have deleted my initial insult.

Yes, there are some that do. I'm not gonna sit here and defend Shadows. You'll notice that the average Bernie supporter is closer to me than him. Hell, if Bernie keeps flaming out, I might vote for Warren anyway. She's a 1B, not a second choice, and I trust her to take tough stances and overrule the establishment if needed.

You can bring up the merits of Warren all you want. You can condemn the Shadowses of the world all you want. You can come in here and debate his merits all you want. But the moment people like you and MacArthur say that Bernie/his supporters are worse than Trump/his supporters in any facet, you've unmasked yourselves. You've revealed you believe we're a bigger threat than literal fascists, and you've revealed that you're willing to bring this entire damn country down if it means getting revenge.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #292 on: October 13, 2019, 10:13:25 PM »

Yes, there are some that do. I'm not gonna sit here and defend Shadows. You'll notice that the average Bernie supporter is closer to me than Warren. Hell, she's probably my 1A, especially if Bernie keeps flaming out.

You can bring up the merits of Warren all you want. You can condemn the Shadowses of the world all you want. You can come in here and debate his merits all you want. But the moment people like you and MacArthur say that Bernie/his supporters are worse than Trump/his supporters in any facet, you've unmasked yourselves. You've revealed you believe we're a bigger threat than literal fascists, and you've revealed that you're willing to bring this entire damn country down if it means getting revenge.

This is a fair point. Many Bernie supports are ridiculous in my view, but when we compare to Trump fans we only start to lose.
Old Man Willow
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #293 on: October 13, 2019, 10:28:28 PM »

Yes, there are some that do. I'm not gonna sit here and defend Shadows. You'll notice that the average Bernie supporter is closer to me than him. Hell, if Bernie keeps flaming out, I might vote for Warren anyway. She's a 1B, not a second choice, and I trust her to take tough stances and overrule the establishment if needed.

I would never say Bernie is worse than Trump in any way. I was talking about the online behavior of his supporters, and how (imo) they are currently a bigger problem in online comment sections than Trump supporters. Maybe it's only the sites/channels I frequent.

I don't believe Bernie is a "threat", I agree with him on most every issue, and am closer to him on foreign policy than Warren. I would obviously vote for him in the GE. I don't believe he has a path to the nomination and his JRP interview made me lose all faith in him possibly being an effective President, but that has nothing to do with his policy positions.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #294 on: October 13, 2019, 10:40:38 PM »

The I would support Bernie except for his supporters bullsh**t argument got old 4 years ago.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #295 on: October 13, 2019, 10:41:47 PM »

The Liz Lads once again derailing the Sanders thread with their awful spam, proving themselves to be the worst fanbase of any candidate.

In actual news, Bernie called for a 32-hour workweek at the UFCW forum. Good stuff!
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #296 on: October 13, 2019, 10:44:55 PM »
« Edited: October 13, 2019, 10:48:11 PM by Grand Mufti of Leftist Messposting »

I would never say Bernie is worse than Trump in any way. I was talking about the online behavior of his supporters, and how (imo) they are currently a bigger problem in online comment sections than Trump supporters. Maybe it's only the sites/channels I frequent.

I don't believe Bernie is a "threat", I agree with him on most every issue, and am closer to him on foreign policy than Warren. I would obviously vote for him in the GE. I don't believe he has a path to the nomination and his JRP interview made me lose all faith in him possibly being an effective President, but that has nothing to do with his policy positions.

The first quip wasn't a shot at you (for the record, I never took your "lol since when did you think I was a TYT stan" as an insult either). That was directed at MacArthur saying Trump was more ethical wrt campaign finance than Bernie.

As for his supporters, I believe you can look at what we stand for (even if some of us disagree), look at Trump's, and figure out what the real problem is.
dunceDude
United States

« Reply #297 on: October 15, 2019, 01:23:59 AM »

Anyone want to guess the odds Bernie's heart attack is mentioned by the moderators or another candidate?
redjohn
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #298 on: October 15, 2019, 10:00:57 AM »

Anyone want to guess the odds Bernie's heart attack is mentioned by the moderators or another candidate?

Probably pretty high. Then they can get that out of the way and ask the real tough questions about Liz's BIG structural change. What a joke.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #299 on: October 15, 2019, 12:59:29 PM »

It will almost certainly be brought up by a moderator but I doubt any of the other candidates will speak about it unless they are asked about it directly.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 91  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies