Newsletter Ranting: Honesty, Delivered Brutally [Mad Marokai!]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 06:41:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Newsletter Ranting: Honesty, Delivered Brutally [Mad Marokai!]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 31
Author Topic: Newsletter Ranting: Honesty, Delivered Brutally [Mad Marokai!]  (Read 103171 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: September 08, 2009, 10:37:48 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Again, I understand the DA's frustrations, but I think if we substituted "DWTL" for "RPP," the statement would be far more accurate. The RPP as a whole does not have any personal beefs with members of the DA.

As for the next election, it would take a miracle from God for Lief/BK not to be reelected since both the RPP and DA will be running their own candidates. The DA does not have to work with us, that's absolutely true, but you're smoking something powerful if you think the DA, or RPP for that matter, has a chance to win a Presidential election unless the JCP splinters which has never happened sans a few defectors.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #151 on: September 08, 2009, 10:50:35 AM »

Wouldn't it be more fun if we just stayed friendly and ran our campaigns without this contant arguing?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #152 on: September 08, 2009, 11:22:04 AM »

Wouldn't it be more fun if we just stayed friendly and ran our campaigns without this contant arguing?

Agreed! Smiley
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #153 on: September 08, 2009, 11:55:23 AM »

No! Keep bickering! *gets more popcorn*
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #154 on: September 08, 2009, 01:01:44 PM »

Wow, this is still going? I've addressed those who I felt I needed to in private, so, with that...

I'll join you on the couch. Pass the popcorn you selfish bastard!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #155 on: September 08, 2009, 01:05:33 PM »

Wow, this is still going? I've addressed those who I felt I needed to in private, so, with that...

Yay more name calling. Smiley
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #156 on: September 08, 2009, 01:08:37 PM »

Yay more name calling. Smiley

Just tryin' to keep it lively Senator DeMint Yank.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #157 on: September 08, 2009, 01:50:41 PM »

I still like serveral people in the RPP. Some of which I believe are well respected members of Atlasia, hell even DWDL and I get along. Sometimes. Either way, I'm not going to be a part of the bickering back and fourth. Lets face it, the RPP needs the DA, the DA needs the RPP, just like every other party needs the others help to win races.

DONE
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #158 on: September 08, 2009, 02:20:57 PM »

I still like serveral people in the RPP. Some of which I believe are well respected members of Atlasia, hell even DWDL and I get along. Sometimes. Either way, I'm not going to be a part of the bickering back and fourth. Lets face it, the RPP needs the DA, the DA needs the RPP, just like every other party needs the others help to win races.

DONE
Amen, I 100% agree with this statement.  I think the problem is that I don't sugarcoat this as other people do
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #159 on: September 08, 2009, 03:46:49 PM »

DONE
Amen, I 100% agree with this statement.  I think the problem is that I don't sugarcoat this as other people do

Your problem is you don't sugarcoat anything. Tongue
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #160 on: September 08, 2009, 03:48:56 PM »

DONE

Your problem is you don't sugarcoat anything. Tongue

America is fat enough. Tongue
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #161 on: September 08, 2009, 04:08:28 PM »
« Edited: September 08, 2009, 05:53:51 PM by Hamilton »

Also, I am glad to hear Purple State admit that he is an opportunist. I am still curious about every DA member that voted for DWTL. I am pretty certain that includes all of them except Happy Warrior and Verily (who wasn't DA at that time, right?) and afleitch. His behavior has been typically consistent as far back as he's been on the forum.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #162 on: September 08, 2009, 05:42:03 PM »

Also, I am glad to hear Purple State admit that he is an opportunist. I am still curious about every DA member that voted for him. I am pretty certain that includes all of them except Happy Warrior and Verily (who wasn't DA at that time, right?) and afleitch. His behavior has been typically consistent as far back as he's been on the forum.

Care to explain how looking out for my personal affairs has anything to do with the people that voted for me?

I thought we spoke about this already, but apparently your public persona is really all about attacks and not about reason or respect.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #163 on: September 08, 2009, 05:44:12 PM »

Also, I am glad to hear Purple State admit that he is an opportunist. I am still curious about every DA member that voted for him. I am pretty certain that includes all of them except Happy Warrior and Verily (who wasn't DA at that time, right?) and afleitch. His behavior has been typically consistent as far back as he's been on the forum.

Care to explain how looking out for my personal affairs has anything to do with the people that voted for me?

I thought we spoke about this already, but apparently your public persona is really all about attacks and not about reason or respect.

No. I mean all the other DAers that voted for DWTL. What has changed for them?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #164 on: September 08, 2009, 05:48:06 PM »

Ah, my mistake. The preposition appeared to specify me. I still wouldn't classify myself as an opportunist. I had personal political goals. Now I'm in an unelected position so I don't owe loyalty to a constituency. It's a difference of loyalties, shifting perspectives.

As for other DA members, some voted for DWTL because the party was, others for personal reasons, and others because they lean right and didn't want to vote for a JCP candidate. Plethora of reasons why someone would vote for or against someone else.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #165 on: September 08, 2009, 05:53:03 PM »

Ah, my mistake. The preposition appeared to specify me. I still wouldn't classify myself as an opportunist. I had personal political goals. Now I'm in an unelected position so I don't owe loyalty to a constituency. It's a difference of loyalties, shifting perspectives.

As for other DA members, some voted for DWTL because the party was, others for personal reasons, and others because they lean right and didn't want to vote for a JCP candidate. Plethora of reasons why someone would vote for or against someone else.

I think I'd rather see them explain. I don't understand how all besides the ones I listed supported DWTL merely 3 months ago. He has had the same exact methods and politics and behavior since at least 2007. Fritz isn't exactly Marokai, he's probably easier for even a lean-right to support policy-wise.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #166 on: September 09, 2009, 07:21:33 AM »

Lets face it, the RPP needs the DA, the DA needs the RPP, just like every other party needs the others help to win races.

Senseless.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #167 on: September 09, 2009, 07:45:22 AM »

How about a DA/LNF unity ticket?  Would certainly make things interesting!

How about a JCP/DA unity ticket? That would make things awesome!

But can I say: everyone please just shut the  up? It's just a game, my God.

Word.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #168 on: September 09, 2009, 08:02:37 AM »

Lets face it, the RPP needs the DA, the DA needs the RPP, just like every other party needs the others help to win races.

Senseless.

Your post is actually the sensless one. Except for the last Presidential election what he's said is true.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #169 on: September 14, 2009, 08:02:23 AM »

Newsletter Ranting
Telling it like it is. Angrily.

AndrewCT: Turncoat!
September 14th, 2009

The first words that come to mind are "Dude.. Not cool.." The next words aren't as pleasant.

Allow me to break the story on the rumors swirling around MasterJedi's running mate. It's AndrewCT! Some of you might be thinking "Wait a second, Andrew is in the DA, and formerly ran on the top of their ticket against Bgwah!"

You'd be correct. AndrewCT turned against his own party.

Rumors had been swirling for a few days on the identity of MJ's running mate, and it was brought to my attention by more than one member, of more than just one party as well. According to my sources, not only has AndrewCT decided to turn against his own party and run a false unity ticket, he did it without the consent of anyone inside the Democratic Alliance, thinking entirely of himself.

Personally, I've known of the RPP's desperation for well over a week or two now. AndrewCT isn't the first Democratic Alliance member they've tried to knab. Out of respect for his privacy, I won't reveal who the first member was, but those in the RPP know precisely who I'm talking about. They want to win, they'll do anything to win, and they finally found a running mate as self-interested as their de-facto leader, DWTL.

And I still don't understand why Duke can't grow a pair and act like a leader. DWTL is still giving commands as if he still leads the party, still speaking in "The RPP will"s and "we"s in reference to the party itself. It's nonsense, and if Duke was any sort of a leader, he's stand up a put a stop to it. This is the sort of thing I'm talking about:

I don't see where this bill is even relevant, who cares whether a person is technically a member of a party?  If the RPP wants to toss someone out on the curb, we will

The election comes down to this:

The DA realizes that the RPP wants to work with them, they second preference us, we second preference them and Jedi wins, or they decide that they want to remain eternally in third place and the RPP eternally in second

Yea but as you would say, some things are more important Smiley

Tmth, cool it man we've already proved to you that Afletich hates our party stop being stupid

But is any of this news? No, not really. We know DWTL still leads the RPP. Let's get back to the real story!

Several more questions come to mind. The first being: How could Andrew do this? I mean seriously, what the hell! After everything the RPP has said and done to his own party members, any self-respecting Democratic Alliance member should be absolutely ashamed of themselves to run on the opposing party's ticket!

As Newsletter Ranting has previously reported, the RPP practically thinks of the DA as their own personal vote-bank, where they can dip in for additional support whenever they need to supplement their electoral efforts. Andrew continues to play right into the RPP's hand.

I hope they pay you well, sir.

The second question is, "How in the world is Andrew a good running mate?" The short answer is he's not. The long answer is he's one of the most inactive citizens of Atlasia and barely commits himself. Not only has he been a weak DA member in the past, but he's been a trashy Governor of the Northeast and this paper endorses Mr. Moderate's efforts to take the job off his hands.

This action, along with their past behavior, demonstrates what we all know about the RPP. They'll do anything to win, even sneak around with a party-unfaithful to get their way. Hopefully the DA itself takes action on this issue. If it was me, I'd kick Andrew's ass out of the party faster than you could say "self-centered."

The sad thing is though...

Official ballot

President

[2] Bgwah/Meekermariner (JCP/RPP)
[1] AndrewCT/Afleitch (DA/DA)
[  ] Write-in:______________________________

...I was pretty stupid in my youth.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #170 on: September 14, 2009, 09:23:13 AM »

Wow.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #171 on: September 14, 2009, 09:27:22 AM »

I guess the fear of losing re-election was enough.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #172 on: September 14, 2009, 09:29:51 AM »

Andrew isn't a turncoat.  The DA allows our members discretion.  If he wants to run with MJ then that is his perogative.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #173 on: September 14, 2009, 09:30:56 AM »

SCANDAL
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #174 on: September 14, 2009, 09:59:11 AM »

First off, if I run with MJ, it is my decision. Everyone in Atlasia should know at this point that I am not a backroom deal making kind of person. I dont do what I'm told. In my first two terms as Governor thats how I worked, in my two terms in the Senate thats what I did, and in the last two terms in the Governors office thats how I've worked.

And lets not forget about my last Presidential election.  was encouraged to make that run 2 people. I wont tell you who told me first, but it wasnt someone in the DA! I wouldnt see how I'm running against the party, because I was never included in any PM, email, AIM, or "secret forum" if we have one, about the possibility of Franzl running with MJ, and I didnt find out until about a day or two ago that Franzl was running for President.

So needless to say, I am a member of the DA, potentially one of the longest office holding members in the party, and I wasnt included in any talks about anything. Me the turn-coat? I think not.

When it comes to me and the RPP, I have people I consider friends. Especially Duke, SPC and MJ, and for the most part we only have ONE thing in common. Regional Rights. RPP members know that I am willing to work with them, but I WILL NOT be a puppet for their causes, that I will not be forced into voting anyway that they want, and that I will remain as independent as possible.

I do believe that this could be a real unity ticket. If we keep this bickering going on in Atlasia, where now almost all tickets are just joined by a single party, then I just dont know how much more I would be willing to participate.

To end it off, a trashy Governor? Take a look at my record when the Northeast was a booming community. I've always worked hard for my region, and will continue to do so. If I'm going down, I'm taking all you mothers down with me!

With hugs, kisses and love to the editor

Gov. Andrew CT Purple heart Purple heart Purple heart

LULZ
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 31  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies