Newsletter Ranting: Honesty, Delivered Brutally [Mad Marokai!]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 09:45:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Newsletter Ranting: Honesty, Delivered Brutally [Mad Marokai!]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 31
Author Topic: Newsletter Ranting: Honesty, Delivered Brutally [Mad Marokai!]  (Read 103199 times)
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2009, 05:46:28 PM »

I'd caution against speculation like that, since many in the JCP, including myself, thought PiT was going to win handily last time.

Even AndrewCT voted for Lief.

FYI, one of the reaons I voted for Lief was because he was my Lt. Governor for a while, and he had proved himself a hard worker.

It just struck me as odd, typically, I've figured you to be one of the RPP's best outside allies.

Don't be fooled by his blue avatar. Wink

He voted for Duke over some DAers. You could take a page from his book. Wink
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2009, 06:09:17 PM »

Well apparently I'm involved in some scheme Tongue

I'll say this and only this, some in the party have tried to convince someone in another party of whom I detest for the reason mostly that he hates our party, to join our ticket and I said I would not be oppposed. 

I also stated the breaking of the ticket will result in either an RPP NOTA vote or an RPP vote for our ticket and our ticket only.  If the DA really thinks they can take down Lief by their lonesome, they can have at it and I wish them the best.  Anyone who thinks that MJ/Franzl wouldn't have won is kidding themselves, but the DA apparently wants to feel important again and their hissy fit members like HW and Hash honestly believe they can win without forming a unity ticket.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2009, 06:15:15 PM »

There are certain things more important than winning.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2009, 06:16:25 PM »

Scheme?

I will say I was sorry to hear that Jedi's ticket was no longer. I'm a big fan and respect both Jedi and Franzl and would have happily supported that ticket.

That said, Jedi has been planning on running for months now and, as far as I know, he still is going to run. He'll have my full support. As for second, Lief hasn't been a bad President and his running mate has been one of my closest allies since I started out in the game. I'll wait and see what happens though.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2009, 06:16:55 PM »

Honestly in an internet game, no.  If you think something in this game is more important that winning, you honestly have mistaken this to be something other a game.

As Herm Edwards once said, "You play, to win, the game"
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2009, 06:18:47 PM »

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with that statement, winning is only a positive side effect of good game play. The process itself is what's fun.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2009, 06:20:39 PM »

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with that statement, winning is only a positive side effect of good game play. The process itself is what's fun.
There is nothing fun about losing elections, Franzl you know I respect you deeply, but throwing away a sure-fire shot to be VP isn't exactly a great decision
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2009, 06:21:22 PM »

Oh and just so everyone knows, I told Hamilton not to run in the Northeast and wait for Smid to decide and then weight all the options
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2009, 06:21:34 PM »

True. I had a lot of fun running in the Pacific even though I lost, though I do hope to win some.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2009, 06:22:10 PM »

Oh and just so everyone knows, I told Hamilton not to run in the Northeast and wait for Smid to decide and then weight all the options

To which I said, I don't care, because Smid told me a long time ago he wouldn't run.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2009, 06:23:16 PM »

To which I said, I don't care, because Smid told me a long time ago he wouldn't run.
I know, but I need some positive press sometimes Smiley
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2009, 06:23:48 PM »

True. I had a lot of fun running in the Pacific even though I lost, though I do hope to win some.

Yeah, though after a while fait accompli elections can only be so much fun. You need either competitive elections or you have to have fun some other way.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2009, 06:25:27 PM »

Honestly in an internet game, no.  If you think something in this game is more important that winning, you honestly have mistaken this to be something other a game.

As Herm Edwards once said, "You play, to win, the game"

Knowing whom to trust.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #88 on: September 07, 2009, 06:41:58 PM »

Well apparently I'm involved in some scheme Tongue

I'll say this and only this, some in the party have tried to convince someone in another party of whom I detest for the reason mostly that he hates our party, to join our ticket and I said I would not be oppposed. 

I also stated the breaking of the ticket will result in either an RPP NOTA vote or an RPP vote for our ticket and our ticket only.  If the DA really thinks they can take down Lief by their lonesome, they can have at it and I wish them the best.  Anyone who thinks that MJ/Franzl wouldn't have won is kidding themselves, but the DA apparently wants to feel important again and their hissy fit members like HW and Hash honestly believe they can win without forming a unity ticket.

Speak naught, lest you speak of which you know not naught of.

The DA crafted its October election strategy as a group with universal consensus on the matter. Through a series of discussions and carefully weighing our options, it was decided that, while standing as our own party may handily reduce our chances of winning the presidency (or vice-presidency, whatever it may be), it was the smartest and most attractive of the available options. As an addendum to what others have already said, perhaps winning matters, but it's a question of short-term thinking versus long-term vision.

While other parties may be committed to regulating and strictly controlling the actions of its members, the DA is more focused on protecting our members, whether it be their ability to hold a view, vote a certain way or be free from harassment. For that reason (and many more to be sure), the party felt it inappropriate to run a unity ticket with the RPP this October.

As one final message to everyone, could you all lay off the member-sniping? This is not just to the RPP (you JCP ones know who you are! Tongue).
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2009, 06:44:05 PM »

The fact that the came to a consensus agreement that they could beat the JCP in a heads up election does not make the decision anymore misguided.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2009, 06:47:17 PM »

The fact that the came to a consensus agreement that they could beat the JCP in a heads up election does not make the decision anymore misguided.

Again, what makes you think that was the consensus? Your short-term goal of winning the presidency (and a DA vice-presidency) does not fit in with our long-term goals, so the RPP offer was not the most attractive offer. We have no illusions as to the chances of winning; it is much harder now than it was in a unity ticket. But winning wasn't on our minds so much in the decision process.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2009, 06:49:08 PM »

The sense of entitlement that the RPP seems to have with regards to DA votes is really ridiculous, especially with the way the RPP and its leadership (mostly DWDL, but others) treat many DAers (Afleitch, Hashemite, Happy, Rowan off the top of my head).
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: September 07, 2009, 06:50:15 PM »

Again, what makes you think that was the consensus? Your short-term goal of winning the presidency (and a DA vice-presidency) does not fit in with our long-term goals, so the RPP offer was not the most attractive offer. We have no illusions as to the chances of winning; it is much harder now than it was in a unity ticket. But winning wasn't on our minds so much in the decision process.
Long-term goals?  That is a really misguided belief if you think that you can beat the JCP heads up ever, and if you came close the RPP would just preference the JCP anyway.  Face it, the DA is not a major party, its a group of people closer to the center who need the help of the left or right to win elections
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #93 on: September 07, 2009, 06:51:31 PM »

Long-term goals?  That is a really misguided belief if you think that you can beat the JCP heads up ever, and if you came close the RPP would just preference the JCP anyway.  Face it, the DA is not a major party, its a group of people closer to the center who need the help of the left or right to win elections

Like Pandering Senator Purple State tried?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #94 on: September 07, 2009, 06:53:45 PM »
« Edited: September 07, 2009, 06:55:27 PM by GM Purple State »

The DA certainly has no interest in associating with the RPP that viciously attacks our members, even when a tentative deal for a unity ticket is in place. Perhaps the RPP will reform or defection will create a new right-wing party that the DA can support. Or, maybe the DA will even considering uniting with the JCP. Or no one and we will serve as the pragmatic center, loyal to no one and whose purpose is to win Senate seats and influence debate, rather than win outright.

EDIT: Oh, and let me simply address Hamilton's post quickly. Whatever care I had for RPP support way back when, that is surely over. I have deep respect for a good number of your members (NC Yank in particular), but the way the RPP is run and the way it presents itself is a disgrace to the game.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #95 on: September 07, 2009, 06:56:22 PM »

What I'm just pissed about (I don't have any bad feels towards anyone, just annoyed in general) is that all the people who liked the ticket suddenly turned away from it in a consensus? I know Hash didn't want to work with the RPP in general but I find it hard to believe everyone suddenly came against me when everyone knows I make my own decisions and have friendships with many members in the DA. That's what pisses me off. Especially since there wasn't any "omg no" to the ticket until about 2 weeks ago. And then it was just the DA would rather run their own ticket.

But can I say: everyone please just shut the  up? It's just a game, my God.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: September 07, 2009, 06:56:56 PM »

PS, I don't believe myself or anyone in the party has ever attacked you.  We attack those who make stupid decision, no matter what party they belong to.  To get offended because not everyone in the RPP agrees with everyone in the DA is childish.  When you needed my backing did I not help you?  Did I not try to get Franzl elected to the last senate seat by pushing my party to 3rd pref him?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #97 on: September 07, 2009, 06:59:07 PM »
« Edited: September 07, 2009, 07:01:58 PM by GM Purple State »

What I'm just pissed about (I don't have any bad feels towards anyone, just annoyed in general) is that all the people who liked the ticket suddenly turned away from it in a consensus? I know Hash didn't want to work with the RPP in general but I find it hard to believe everyone suddenly came against me when everyone knows I make my own decisions and have friendships with many members in the DA. That's what pisses me off. Especially since there wasn't any "omg no" to the ticket until about 2 weeks ago. And then it was just the DA would rather run their own ticket.

But can I say: everyone please just shut the  up? It's just a game, my God.

Had nothing to do with you MJ. It was a general turn away from the RPP, especially because of DWTL's treatment of HW, Hash and afleitch, as well as the way the party handled the last election.

I believe we all still hold the utmost respect for you as an individual. It was your party affiliation that resulted in the sudden break.

PS, I don't believe myself or anyone in the party has ever attacked you.  We attack those who make stupid decision, no matter what party they belong to.  To get offended because not everyone in the RPP agrees with everyone in the DA is childish.  When you needed my backing did I not help you?  Did I not try to get Franzl elected to the last senate seat by pushing my party to 3rd pref him?

It wasn't that I felt offended personally DWTL. It was that I, as well as the party at-large, was disgusted by the way you treated members of the DA, as though that would have no ramifications and you were free to act in whatever way you chose. The RPP needs a great deal of reform if it hopes to be viewed as a respectable and, more importantly, respectful party in Atlasia in the near future.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: September 07, 2009, 06:59:45 PM »

I feel like the bad blood that damaged this ticket came from Hashie having a pouting fit that the RPP wanted to run a candidate against him in the Northeast.  Frankly, why the hell wouldn't we?  What kind of party would we be if we just bent over and allowed other parties to win senate seats that we could at least compete for?  Childish behavior, but I expected nothing less.  MasterJedi has never been anything but kind to the DA and he really is being dragged down for no reason
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #99 on: September 07, 2009, 07:01:31 PM »

Had nothing to do with you MJ. It was a general turn away from the RPP, especially because of DWTL's treatment of HW, Hash and afleitch, as well as the way the party handled the last election..
I'm trying to follow the logic, DWTL, no longer party chair, doesn't like a whopping 3 (4 if you count Vepres now) member of your party and really is unwilling to work with only one of them, you break off the chance to have the VP under MasterJedi who you like?  The same DWTL that pushed heavily for the election of Franzl to the senate.

Good, that clear everything up
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 31  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies