Newsletter Ranting: Honesty, Delivered Brutally [Mad Marokai!]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:25:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Newsletter Ranting: Honesty, Delivered Brutally [Mad Marokai!]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 31
Author Topic: Newsletter Ranting: Honesty, Delivered Brutally [Mad Marokai!]  (Read 102338 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2009, 03:41:38 PM »
« edited: August 26, 2009, 03:46:42 PM by Antonio V »

From time to time people need an injection of brutal honesty and scathing frankness, and something needs to be exposed for all to see.

100% agreed.

This thread is great. I love partisan newspapers, because they are more honest than the majority of newspapers pretending to be neutral and who insinuate their ideological arguments instead of claiming them ( this was a real life comment, nothing to do with Atlasia newspapers which are all formidable Wink ).
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2009, 03:46:21 PM »

This is extremely good. Hopefully this continues for a while, because most ranting or rumor papers seem to die off easily.
Cheesy
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2009, 07:35:51 PM »

You do realize that continued complaints about SPC's proposals (which are barely in English, as far as I can tell) might actually lead to some of them being passed, considering the Southeast's history of doing the opposite of what everyone else wants it to do.

Like I said;

Additionally, the initiative to privatize the roads is designed to interfere in the stimulus funds directed towards massive infrastructure programs. This is almost not even libertarianism, it's childishness, an immature "you're not the boss of me" to the federal government, without regard for the benefits.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2009, 02:22:48 AM »

Actually, let's push this to the other page.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2009, 02:23:38 AM »
« Edited: August 29, 2009, 12:11:48 AM by Senator Marokai Blue »

Newsletter Ranting
Telling it like it is. Angrily.

Regional Protection Party engages in hollow change:
August 28th, 2009

Election aftermath is always enjoyable to watch. Parties collapse, coalitions form, changes are made, and so on, and in this case the Regional Protection Party decided it was time for a shuffling of deck-chairs.

In what was perhaps the biggest "no sh*t" statement of the season, DWTL acknowledged that his leading the RPP gave it something of a bad image. (Don't even get me started on his ridiculous claim of trying to bring a "true conservative Senate" given that we have 4 RPP members in the Senate after the election, and two members of the DA with positive economic scores. Another, a centrist. What the hell is he complaining about?)

He laid out who his successor was to be for his position, and decided to step down as RPP party chairman. Duke, his successor, promised to be a different leader. This is assuming of course, he stays active enough to be a proper leader.

Also, there are several scandals that are being thrown at the RPP, and as Chairman, I pledge to all Atlasians that if any illegal or otherwise shady activity that is unfair to the game is occurring in recruiting, I will make sure to stop it.

I cannot say that my style of leadership will be anywhere near the style DWTL used, but I hope all members of the RPP, from the oldest to the newest, feel comfortable coming to me with any problems or concerns they have with the party, as well as ideas that they feel could better the party.

Pretty words, but it seems like the new boss is the same as the old boss.

For one thing, Duke came to his position because of a funky line of succession work-up because the RPP was apparently too wimpy to actually call a new chairman for a vote, or to do any of this shit in public, preferring to stick to the tried and true method of secretive party business.

What's more amusing in this whole saga is the fact that it's the same old blood that's dominated the party for ages. Duke has been around for a very long time, and PiT remains Vice-Chair. The only change is the inclusion of Tmthforu94, who once threw unfounded allegations of blackmail against me just to try to win an election, for a second Vice-Chair position, and not to be too harsh, but Tmth is not the most well-read citizen of Atlasia, barely participates in debate in the Senate at all, and only got in the position he is in now because someone else committed voter fraud and left office and he was lucky enough to get appointed to the position.

Further, such a move doesn't demonstrate an infusion of new blood. It was a move to protect the RPP. Conducting party business in private, the fancy maneuvering of party members to get Duke in the position of Chair without an election, tossing Tmth in a position of power on the side, it screams "cover your ass." It's well known that the newbies in the RPP are plenty, and there were many rumors swirling of members attempting to rally to take over the RPP in the past. This was a move to protect the party members from the newbies that are easily marshaled and all seemingly friendly with one another, little more than that.

The attacks on the JCP, seemingly, continue, much like all the other old RPP politics.

As for the JCP guys talking about transparency, it's, well, a complete joke. They answer to bgwah just as much as we answered to DWTL...

This is standard RPP garbage. The image of the JCP as being a war-machine, never waivering and always standing together in lock-step is pure fiction. We have various members who break the party line and we have a wide varying range of ideological positions economically, though we're united by our social liberalism. Bgwah is a leader who, though strong-willed in Atlasis, is also not a complete jerk. He's a pretty nice guy.

We held, to my knowledge, our first JCP convention before the election that generated alot of activity and transparency. The RPP has a secret board where they scheme and badmouth their opponents (and even their own party members) and conduct God knows what. We are a transparent party. We are not secretive, we don't strong-arm our members. We recruit upstanding members of the forum, we politely ask for votes, and we don't have secrets from one another. The RPP is nothing like that, and Bgwah is nothing like DWTL.

Anywho, back to the news. Finally, DWTL claims to remain active in the party and in Atlasia:

As a note, I will remain heavily involved in Atlasia and serve in the RPP in pretty much the capacity Duke has for the last year. 

In other words, he'll remain just as vocal and powerful as he always was. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain, power behind the throne, and all that jazz. This was a publicity stunt, to stop the bleeding of members and attempt to improve the seemingly deteriorating relationship between the DA and the RPP, because the Democratic Alliance is apparently tired of being taken for granted and treated as though it were a side-dish.

If anyone expected proper change from this event, if anyone expected anything in the RPP to change, well, I've got a bridge I'd like to sell you.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2009, 07:31:20 AM »

Not surprising DWTL will remain the most prominent member of RPP. The only mistery is how the RPP didn't yet collapse.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2009, 07:32:22 AM »

Not surprising DWTL will remain the most prominent member of RPP. The only mistery is how the RPP didn't yet collapse.

It certainly will be interesting to see how the RPP develops without DWTL at the wheel, but as long as he's around I'm sure he'll be influential no matter what position he's in.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2009, 08:03:57 AM »

I personally think PiT would've been a better choice for the new chair, but Duke is good as well. He did receive preferences from people in all the major parties after all.  It will be interesting to see the next few months play out for the RPP, as well as the elections in Ocotber.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2009, 09:49:41 AM »

I personally think PiT would've been a better choice for the new chair, but Duke is good as well. He did receive preferences from people in all the major parties after all.  It will be interesting to see the next few months play out for the RPP, as well as the elections in Ocotber.

This, of course, is the point. DWTL replacing himself with Duke, through shady bending of the rules no less, allows DWTL to continue his current tactics without appearing to represent anything greater than himself.

So he can keep bashing Afleitch and HappyWarrior, but not under the guise of "RPP Chair." All the while, it is clear he will wield no less power, no less influence in the party.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2009, 07:07:21 PM »

This paper (aka me) would like to express it's lulz to Lt. Governor YesNoMaybeSo and Senator TooMuchToBeConsistent for their return to the RPP after vehemently denouncing it less than a day ago.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2009, 07:20:32 PM »

This paper (aka me) would like to express it's lulz to Lt. Governor YesNoMaybeSo and Senator TooMuchToBeConsistent for their return to the RPP after vehemently denouncing it less than a day ago.

For the record, I will not be rejoining the RPP.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2009, 07:21:36 PM »

For the record, I will not be rejoining the RPP.

Then I applaud you for standing up for yourself. Smiley
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2009, 07:56:33 PM »

Oh, is the next one about the DA? We have been so good of late! Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2009, 09:32:10 PM »

Regions actually Tongue

But I'm waiting until things cool down.

On second thought, I think it will be. Tongue
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2009, 09:39:39 PM »

Regions actually Tongue

hurry up, I'm interested in hearing what you have to say.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2009, 01:14:36 AM »

Regions actually Tongue

Bring it on bitch!

Wink
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2009, 08:08:40 AM »

What do you think about recent party changings of Rowan and Tmthforu ? Good news, IMO.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2009, 12:15:24 PM »

Marokai Blue = Smarter, More Competent Keith Olbermann.

Keep up the rants!
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2009, 12:17:18 PM »

What do you think about recent party changings of Rowan and Tmthforu ? Good news, IMO.

Yeah, it's pretty good news that Tmthforu changed parties to being RPP. We just picked up a Senate seat!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2009, 07:10:14 AM »

Newsletter Ranting
Telling it like it is. Angrily.

Democratic Alliance: Main course, or a side dish?
September 7th, 2009

How are things in the Democratic Alliance these days? Well, after some party squabbling inside the Regional Protection Party (and some flip-flopping from certain members) they're more powerful and influential than they were before. Ben, Vepres, and RowanBrandon, the latter two being office-holders, have defected from the RPP to join the DA after disappointment in the way the party was ran, and has since then drawn some commentary about being "over-extended."

In any case, it seems like things have finally settled down, and now pre-election speculation begins for October, leading to more behind-the-scenes fighting.

In what is the equivalent of two people having a one night stand and one of the unfortunate parties involved believing that to be the beginning of a wonderful relationship, it seems like the RPP has grown too comfortable in taking the DA for granted after the unity ticket in June. Now, rumors are swirling of another unity ticket. Will the DA fall for it again?

Hopefully not. While this paper can confirm that it seems as if the initial rumored RPP/DA ticket has fallen through, I can also confirm that the RPP is trying very, very hard to suck in another Democratic Alliance member into their web. One can only imagine whom. (And DWTL is intimately involved in this. Shocker.)

What the DA should keep in mind is that they're being used for the RPP's electoral benefit. The RPP expects a unity ticket, or at least some guarantee of secondary support, as if they're entitled to such a thing.

New RPP/DA Pacific Members! New RPP/DA Pacific Members! Come on...

How revealing. "RPP/DA members"? Are they the same thing now?

The RPP has engaged in disgusting tactics for the upcoming election, as they did before during the regional race in the Pacific. Attempting to enroll as many voting slaves as possible before the election, and funneling them to the Pacific in what was a failed attempt to defeat Ebowed in the Lt. Governor race.

Now, it seems like they're at it again, funneling members to the Northeast (to defeat Hash) and Mideast (to protect Tmth, who got the seat by appointment, though there is no proof Tmth is directly involved in this either way). Trying to deny this is ridiculous, and is just an outright insulting of our collective intelligence.

The Democratic Alliance is not the RPP's side-dish, being used to compliment themselves for their own success. The Democratic Alliance is their own party, with independent members who fight for sensible, fair, and pragmatic policy positions. (In contrast to the anarcho-capitalist nonsense many in the RPP subscribe to.) It deserves to be treated with, stay with me now, respect.

The Regional Protection Party acts jerky, almost as if it is entitled to Democratic Alliance support simply because of one alliance of convenience a few months ago. What the RPP needs is a reality check, and a firm kick in the ass to go along with it to give them some perspective.

Hopefully the Democratic Alliance won't fall for the RPP's false charms again, wisen up to the fact that they're being used, and fight back. They deserve better.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2009, 07:13:23 AM »

I should've thrown in an "abusive relationship" joke in there, but I suppose I missed my chance. Pity.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2009, 08:48:48 AM »

You could always edit it in Tongue

But, yeah, the packing thing (again!!!!!!) is so obvious it's almost not funny. I wouldn't mind nearly so much if the denials weren't so appalling.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2009, 08:55:46 AM »

If I have anything to say about it we will not be engaging in another alliance.  Their recent actions were simply disturbing and just drives me furthur away from them.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2009, 09:55:46 AM »

The DA has far more in common with the JCP than it does with the RPP. We're also somewhat pleasant to work with.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2009, 11:24:27 AM »

The DA has the most in common with the LNF, which is the most pleasant to work with (IMO).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 31  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies