DC Unrest Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:58:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 ... 197
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 272521 times)
Lourdes
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3050 on: January 08, 2021, 12:51:18 AM »

Compare the character of Andy Kim and Donald Trump...

So proud of my congressman.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3051 on: January 08, 2021, 12:51:37 AM »

FBI Washington field office beginning their investigation with well over 50+ photos of persons of interest. Wray is pulling no punches:

President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3052 on: January 08, 2021, 12:53:57 AM »

Compare the character of Andy Kim and Donald Trump...

So proud of my congressman.
God Bless the name of Andy Kim.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #3053 on: January 08, 2021, 12:56:11 AM »

FBI Washington field office beginning their investigation with well over 50+ photos of persons of interest. Wray is pulling no punches:

What’s with the black bars
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3054 on: January 08, 2021, 12:56:25 AM »

In that role, Garland's responsibilities included the supervision of high-profile domestic-terrorism cases, including the Oklahoma City bombing, Ted Kaczynski (also known as the "Unabomber"), and the Atlanta Olympics bombings.

Soon.

You know, it dawned on me it's quite possible the USDA offices are holding off another two weeks before filing charges to avoid any pardons by Trump. I'm not sure Trump can do General unnamed pardons to 18 all persons involved, blah blah blah. If not, that very well might be a serious consideration here
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3055 on: January 08, 2021, 12:57:08 AM »

It's so their friends and relatives can get used to seeing them behind them.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3056 on: January 08, 2021, 12:57:16 AM »

Those are screenshots of live streams with usernames, which obviously need to be hidden. You can see the word "LEAVE" in one of them. IIRC - Baked Alaska's livestream. So he's particularly f****d.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3057 on: January 08, 2021, 12:58:57 AM »

Last line clear hint for 2024. If he truly does leave office on January 20th and nothing weird happens again then that's his plan.

January 6th ruined any chance he hadof winning a 2024 general election. Time will tell if can still gain the nomination.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3058 on: January 08, 2021, 12:59:34 AM »

Treason

Actual god damned aide and comfort to the enemy treason.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #3059 on: January 08, 2021, 01:02:10 AM »

Last line clear hint for 2024. If he truly does leave office on January 20th and nothing weird happens again then that's his plan.

January 6th ruined any chance he hadof winning a 2024 general election. Time will tell if can still gain the nomination.
If Republicans nominate him again, I’m out, man.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3060 on: January 08, 2021, 01:03:07 AM »

One of the frustrating things about all of this is it could have been avoided right from the start if Republicans had just picked basically any other candidate, in what was a large primary with lots of acceptable choices (relatively speaking).

Instead, they opted for the biggest loudmouth on stage, who despite having a very long and storied history of lying, scamming and disloyalty, earned enough votes to be nominated because people liked that he didn't talk like a regular politician. Guess what, those other pesky things like ethics, decent behavior and critical thinking actually matter when choosing leaders.

So for the love of god Republicans, next time have some decency and don't put the country through this kind of bs again.

Trump has caused incalculable damage on our national psyche and discourse. However, let's not forget that in terms of him becoming the Republican standard-bearer the last five years, he is every bit as much of a symptom of underlying issues with that organization.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #3061 on: January 08, 2021, 01:03:25 AM »

Honestly if he can he’s going to try and run in 2024. He’ll even if he’s impeached he’d stage a write in campaign. God helps us all
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3062 on: January 08, 2021, 01:19:08 AM »

Saying all Trump supporters support the despicable crap from yesterday is just as bad as saying all Biden voter support looting/rioting and antifa.  The broad generalizations are not fair to either side, so cut the shiit.

Not even close..

Find me one antifa anarchist in the country who actually supports bye. You should be smart enough and connected with politics enough to know that those Steinke despise by nin the Democratic party as much as they do Trump and Republicans. Hell, these are the types who think Bernie Sanders is a Stella!

The proud boys, the paramilitary auxiliary of the Maga movement, 110%.

You really can't distinguish between the ninety-nine percent of BLM marches and protests versus the Looting and rioting? Tell me Tim, blaming Martin Luther King in the NAACP 4 the race riots that went on in Detroit, Watts, Etc? A lot of know-nothing white conservatives did. You're smart enough and historically aware enough, though, to understand the distinction. So why do you completely failed miss that today. New paragraph, and then that part about Twitter a damn near every single Democrat condemned the Looting and burning. Or is Mitt Romney responsible for looting and rioting to since he participated in the BLM parade? The distinction seems lost on you.

And then on the other side we have Trump aggressively, continuously, and unwaveringly encouraging his most thuggish supporters among the proud boys and qanon to take exactly the type of action they took yesterday the difference between Biden's reaction to rioting and looting versus Trump's insight into violence is literally night and day how you were even beginning to agree in some sort of bizarre whataboutism is behind me.

Tim, while I've always thought you were smart poster, this post is grossly disappointing. It is without a doubt one of the most unthoughtful things you've ever posted, even if it was only an empty quote. I hope I may have helped you change your mind on this matter
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3063 on: January 08, 2021, 01:26:39 AM »
« Edited: January 08, 2021, 01:34:09 AM by Southern Governor Punxsutawney Phil »

BLM was not mentioned in that post. But Antifa was. I didn't care much for the mention of Antifa. I however loathe the looting and the violent rioting of the past year and consider what referenced in that post to overall be sufficiently unflattering to be a worthy enough comparison on the whole. It's also the closest comparison that can be made to what has happened yesterday, and the post was in the spirit of what I was saying, so I empty-quoted it for sake of bipartisan unity. Since that last item was my main goal above all, I regret nothing. I regret nothing.

The violent, objectionable behavior of right-wing wackos doesn't erase the horrid wrongness of the property damage and wrong-headed civil disorder of 2020.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #3064 on: January 08, 2021, 01:32:05 AM »

"And a church is burning
The flames rise higher
Like hands that are praying, a glow in the sky
Like hands that are praying, the fire is saying
'You can burn down my churches, but I shall be free'

A church is more than just timber and stone
And freedom is a dark road, when you're walking it alone
But the future is now and it's time to take a stand
So the lost bells of freedom can ring out in my land
And a church is burning
The flames rise higher."
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3065 on: January 08, 2021, 01:36:35 AM »

BLM was not mentioned in that post. But Antifa was. I didn't care much for the mention of Antifa. I however loathe the looting and the violent rioting of the past year and consider what said in that post to overall be sufficiently unflattering to be a worthy enough comparison on the whole. It's also the closest comparison that can be made to what has happened yesterday, and the post was in the spirit of what I was saying, so I empty-quoted it for sake of bipartisan unity.
The violent, objectionable behavior of right-wing wackos doesn't erase the horrid wrongness of the property damage and wrong-headed civil disorder of 2020.

Kindly re-read my post. You will see that I very explicitly referenced BLM, both in comparison to civil rights marches vs. Riots in the late 60s, as well as Mitt Romney's participation.

No one is saying the burning, looting, and throwing things at cops this past summer was justified. Hell, only a slight Menorah T of BLM supporters ever did, cleaning the cops were just as bad blah blah blah. The point is labeling the looting and burning at the feet of BLM is like Blaming Martin Luther King for the Watts 67 riots. And just as grossly incorrect.

the other huge distinction is lack of any Democratic party member from Vine on down inciting or endorsing such acts of violence and burn, instead universally repudiating them. Meanwhile, you have the president of the United States himself and the vast majority of other party holders expressly inciting violence.

Seriously man, trying to make any sort of whataboutism comparison here is completely non factual.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3066 on: January 08, 2021, 01:41:50 AM »

BLM was not mentioned in that post. But Antifa was. I didn't care much for the mention of Antifa. I however loathe the looting and the violent rioting of the past year and consider what said in that post to overall be sufficiently unflattering to be a worthy enough comparison on the whole. It's also the closest comparison that can be made to what has happened yesterday, and the post was in the spirit of what I was saying, so I empty-quoted it for sake of bipartisan unity.

Kindly re-read my post. You will see that I very explicitly referenced BLM, both in comparison to civil rights marches vs. Riots in the late 60s, as well as Mitt Romney's participation.

No one is saying the burning, looting, and throwing things at cops this past summer was justified. Hell, only a slight Menorah T of BLM supporters ever did, cleaning the cops were just as bad blah blah blah. The point is labeling the looting and burning at the feet of BLM is like Blaney Martin Luther King for the Watts 67 riots. And just as grossly incorrect. The paragraph the other huge distinction is lack of any Democratic party member from Vine on down inciting or endorsing such acts of violence and burn, instead universally repudiating them. Meanwhile, you have the president of the United States himself and the vast majority of other party holders expressly inciting violence.

Seriously man, trying to make any sort of whataboutism comparison here is completely non factual.
I wasn't talking about your post. I was talking about the post I empty-quoted. I never implied anything negative about BLM in empty-quoting it. Please kindly re-read my posts from that time period if you want my in-depth thoughts on the matter, but the long and short is - I wasn't criticizing BLM, and I have always maintained BLM, looters, and rioters were three distinct groups.
I don't appreciate your well-intentioned but still wrong misreading of my own statements or intentions of my posts of either now or back then. I don't want to associate you with negative frames of reference so I kindly, kindly ask you - please reconsider what your conception of my statements now were.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #3067 on: January 08, 2021, 02:19:32 AM »

🤔

Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3068 on: January 08, 2021, 02:26:14 AM »

🤔

I assume these are against the rioters?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3069 on: January 08, 2021, 02:29:35 AM »

No one is saying the burning, looting, and throwing things at cops this past summer was justified. Hell, only a slight Menorah T of BLM supporters ever did, cleaning the cops were just as bad blah blah blah. The point is labeling the looting and burning at the feet of BLM is like Blaney Martin Luther King for the Watts 67 riots. And just as grossly incorrect. The paragraph the other huge distinction is lack of any Democratic party member from Vine on down inciting or endorsing such acts of violence and burn, instead universally repudiating them. Meanwhile, you have the president of the United States himself and the vast majority of other party holders expressly inciting violence.

I wasn't talking about your post. I was talking about the post I empty-quoted. I never implied anything negative about BLM in empty-quoting it. Please kindly re-read my posts from that time period if you want my in-depth thoughts on the matter, but the long and short is - I wasn't criticizing BLM, and I have always maintained BLM, looters, and rioters were three distinct groups.
I don't appreciate your well-intentioned but still wrong misreading of my own statements or intentions of my posts of either now or back then. I don't want to associate you with negative frames of reference so I kindly, kindly ask you - please reconsider what your conception of my statements now were.

I think it is fair to say that all Trump supporters, even those who now profess opposition to the capital take over nevertheless need to bear personal and political responsibility for it happening. This incident occurred hundred and 1% solely because Donald Trump was elected president despite glaring, consistent, blindingly obvious demonstrations throughout the last five years that he is morally, mentally, emotionally, and thoroughly unsuited for the role as president. A paragraph and again, there is a fundamental difference Democrats universally not inciting or encouraging rioting or looting, while the leader of the Republican party and most of its officials actively fermenting a steady stream of untruthful conspiracy theories and incitements to what we saw yesterday. Again, this isn't easy for the distinction to make.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3070 on: January 08, 2021, 02:32:52 AM »

🤔

God. How many of these people will Trump take the opportunity to issue a last-minute pardon for? Better than fifty-fifty odds he does so for everybody put them folks charged with killing the cop.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #3071 on: January 08, 2021, 02:36:04 AM »

🤔

God. How many of these people will Trump take the opportunity to issue a last-minute pardon for? Better than fifty-fifty odds he does so for everybody put them folks charged with killing the cop.

He denounced them in his video after they did his bidding.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #3072 on: January 08, 2021, 02:38:40 AM »

🤔

He denounced them in his video after they did his bidding.
He always does that. He was mentored by a mob lawyer and consequently does the mob boss ‘but don’t do nothing illegal’ *wink* when giving out marching orders and denies everything.
That doesn’t usually work out well for those guys, but apparently we have a lower standard for the President.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #3073 on: January 08, 2021, 02:50:16 AM »

Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #3074 on: January 08, 2021, 04:27:14 AM »

As he has proven again and again during his "Presidency", Donald Trump eventually always reverts back to his old self after he has been forced to temporarily act presidential. So I wonder whether we will see him attacking Adam Kinzinger for being a "RINO" or the recently resignated personnel from his administration as "losers" before January 20 comes. I mean his Twitter account is now unlocked again.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 ... 197  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies