DC Unrest Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 03:19:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 130 ... 197
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 275819 times)
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3100 on: January 08, 2021, 09:58:37 AM »

Oh yeah I didn't say this on here when his video was released last night--but I am convinced that video was either a deepfake or deceptively edited. I am unconvinced it was really him.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3101 on: January 08, 2021, 10:00:44 AM »

Oh yeah I didn't say this on here when his video was released last night--but I am convinced that video was either a deepfake or deceptively edited. I am unconvinced it was really him.

I'm convinced it's him, but I'm absolutely certain he was coerced into it, and hopefully he will continue to be coerced into holding the position he articulated in it.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #3102 on: January 08, 2021, 10:01:57 AM »

I'm convinced it's him, but I'm absolutely certain he was coerced into it, and hopefully he will continue to be coerced into holding the position he articulated in it.

The speech pattern seems off and a lot more...fast?...than he usually speaks. I think maybe he went off on a ton of tangents and bitched and complained so maybe they edited it to seem like an "adult" statement.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3103 on: January 08, 2021, 10:03:20 AM »

The speech pattern seems off and a lot more...fast?...than he usually speaks. I think maybe he went off on a ton of tangents and bitched and complained so maybe they edited it to seem like an "adult" statement.

That would make sense. His body language was also even stranger than usual--lots of weird head tilts and shifts in his center of gravity. I'm convinced that he did actually say the words we saw him say, though.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #3104 on: January 08, 2021, 10:08:15 AM »

HE DOESNT LEARN

So let me get this straight
when its BLM he tweets crazy stuff like this

But when his supporters storm the state capitol and gets 5 people killed
now he tells us not to disrespect them or treat them unfairly lol

This guy is clown and the best the thing he can do for the country at this point is to just keep his mouth shut and stop tweeting for the remainder of his time in office
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #3105 on: January 08, 2021, 10:10:10 AM »

HE DOESNT LEARN

He doesn't, but notably, this still reads like the words of someone who now admits he lost.

If we're lucky, the next twelve days will show us a "Trump synthesis" of sorts where he's still the same old narcissistic SOB but is no longer speaking, or tweeting, in ways that actively obstruct the transition or his successor.

I think Twitter has essentially said that they would permaban him from their platform if he continues to claim that he won the election. I guess this restrains him a bit.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3106 on: January 08, 2021, 10:10:39 AM »

Massive convoy of police cars and other emergency personnel passed my apartment complex a little while ago. They were headed in the general direction of Capitol Hill. 

To everyone who lives in DC and area: please stay safe tonight!  Appreciate the first hand reports.  I have been jumping back to this thread for over a day now and it has been great.

I don't think the severity of this terrorist attack sunk in right away.  Every network was jammed yesterday.  I went and grabbed a newspaper today, and there was an entire section dedicated to this.  I will file it in with the 9/11, Y2K, the JFK assassination, and orher newspapers that my family has collected over the years.

To everyone being mean or generalizing all 74 million Americans who voted for this guy,  please show compassion.  These terrorists are/were radicals, not ordinary folks.  Much like all the trouble in the summer with the riots in Minneapolis and Kenosha, or the Charlottesville rally and terrorist attack in 2017.  If anything, these events show us the true dangers of extremist ideologies and internet echo chambers.  Right wing terrorism appears to be a big threat now.  Be kind to your neighbors, family, and friends... and even strangers on the internet.  People got duped by a conman, and if they believed the election fraud nonsense, they're rightfully upset right now.  Biden's unity message has a certain panche to it that really resonates well with me.  His speech yesterday was beautiful.
Good post. I agree completely.

After everything the district was put through yesterday, it has to become a state.

Why?  Pretty much everything that happened, happened in the parts that would've  not been part of the proposed Douglas Commonwealth. I really don't see how what happened would have played out differently in any significant manner had Douglas Commonwealth been a thing.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3107 on: January 08, 2021, 10:11:17 AM »
« Edited: January 08, 2021, 10:42:58 AM by TexasGurl »

I thought I couldn't get any more disgusted with the Trumps than I already was.  These sickos need to be exiled from the U.S. permanently.
hyouzel the predictor
hyouzel
United States

P P
« Reply #3108 on: January 08, 2021, 10:12:20 AM »

Massive convoy of police cars and other emergency personnel passed my apartment complex a little while ago. They were headed in the general direction of Capitol Hill. 

To everyone who lives in DC and area: please stay safe tonight!  Appreciate the first hand reports.  I have been jumping back to this thread for over a day now and it has been great.

I don't think the severity of this terrorist attack sunk in right away.  Every network was jammed yesterday.  I went and grabbed a newspaper today, and there was an entire section dedicated to this.  I will file it in with the 9/11, Y2K, the JFK assassination, and orher newspapers that my family has collected over the years.

To everyone being mean or generalizing all 74 million Americans who voted for this guy,  please show compassion.  These terrorists are/were radicals, not ordinary folks.  Much like all the trouble in the summer with the riots in Minneapolis and Kenosha, or the Charlottesville rally and terrorist attack in 2017.  If anything, these events show us the true dangers of extremist ideologies and internet echo chambers.  Right wing terrorism appears to be a big threat now.  Be kind to your neighbors, family, and friends... and even strangers on the internet.  People got duped by a conman, and if they believed the election fraud nonsense, they're rightfully upset right now.  Biden's unity message has a certain panche to it that really resonates well with me.  His speech yesterday was beautiful.
Good post. I agree completely.

After everything the district was put through yesterday, it has to become a state.

Why?  Pretty much everything that happened, happened in the parts that would've  not been part of the proposed Douglas Commonwealth. I really don't see how what happened would have played out differently in any significant manner had Douglas Commonwealth been a thing.

There was about an hour delay between Bowser's request to the DoD for National Guard and its authorization, and it was denied multiple times on Trump's orders. Hogan and Northam tried to send forces but they were also refused while the Capitol was still in danger. If the Douglass Commonwealth was independent, the Governor/Mayor would be able to unilaterally send in the protection needed.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3109 on: January 08, 2021, 10:19:21 AM »

Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #3110 on: January 08, 2021, 10:22:18 AM »

Clarence Thomas' wife is all in on overturning the Republic apparently. Constitutional conservative my a**.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3111 on: January 08, 2021, 10:24:17 AM »

Ugh. Thomas was always the worst SCOTUS member. I hope Biden gets the chance to replace him. Would be great irony, too, given the history with Anita Hill.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #3112 on: January 08, 2021, 10:26:10 AM »

The "Parties to the civil conflict", "Lead figures", and "Units involved" in the Wikipedia infobox kind of makes that whole affair sound like the 1991 and 1993 Russian coup attempts, which also usually pitted President vs. Vice President and/or Parliament.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3113 on: January 08, 2021, 10:26:36 AM »

Clarence Thomas' wife is all in on overturning the Republic apparently. Constitutional conservative my a**.

Democrats should cite to this when they pack the Court.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3114 on: January 08, 2021, 10:27:25 AM »

Can you remove a SCOTUS member?
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3115 on: January 08, 2021, 10:28:43 AM »

Yes, but Republicans won't go for it.  Just pack the Court and dilute his power.  He's obviously not fit to be on there and never has been.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3116 on: January 08, 2021, 10:29:16 AM »

At this point, Biden's DOJ/FBI should consider putting every remaining Trump supporter on a terrorist watch list. 
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #3117 on: January 08, 2021, 10:29:42 AM »

I believe they can be impeached. I don't think it's likely though, unless we see video footage of Thomas etc cheering on the protestors. Even then, McConnell would defend them.
Former Crackhead Mike Lindell
Randall
« Reply #3118 on: January 08, 2021, 10:30:07 AM »

The "Parties to the civil conflict", "Lead figures", and "Units involved" in the Wikipedia infobox kind of makes that whole affair sound like the 1991 and 1993 Russian coup attempts, which also usually pitted President vs. Vice President and/or Parliament.

Thanks for sharing this! Hadn't checked the page on this since yesterday. Love me a good wikipedia infobox. Really drills home the historic nature of it all, you know?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3119 on: January 08, 2021, 10:31:00 AM »

Interesting who they put as lead figures on either side. Especially McCarthy, who voted to object to the results.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #3120 on: January 08, 2021, 10:42:23 AM »

Thomas must disavow and cut ties with his revolting wife or be impeached.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3121 on: January 08, 2021, 10:48:21 AM »

Thomas must disavow and cut ties with his revolting wife or be impeached.

He won't be though.  McConnell cares too much about Judges.  Lets be clear, the only reason that Republicans (most of them) are now coming out against Trump is because he's politically toxic and they've made the calculus that they will get more power without him than with him going forward.  Especially now that he lost re-election and they lost the Senate.  Judges are lifetime appointments and they don't want to give up that power.  That's why Democrats need to just pack the Court and dilute GOP power there.  The SCOTUS is the most out of touch with society it's ever been in the last 100 years.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #3122 on: January 08, 2021, 10:49:52 AM »

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #3123 on: January 08, 2021, 10:52:38 AM »

Yeah he’s totaaallyyy switching parties. I am intelligent.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #3124 on: January 08, 2021, 10:53:12 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 130 ... 197  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies