DC Unrest Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:22:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 269002 times)
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« on: January 06, 2021, 03:34:02 PM »

Replace whatever maga bullsh**t they are on with black lives matter.
Does anyone think live rounds wouldn't have been fired well before they breached any barracade?
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 05:27:17 PM »

Trump should not be impeached or removed from office. That would turn him into a martyr and further radicalized his supporters.

At this point, his supporters’ needs or wishes are irrelevant.

Trump is leaving office in 2 weeks. Removing him a few days early is not worth the cost.
Impeachment can also bar him from future office.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 05:56:51 PM »

I'm unfortunately not convinced that she would have been held hostage for long.

These people, and especially Mr. Trump, need a treason trial.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 06:02:23 PM »

On the upside these people are nice enough to leave evidence for the prosecution.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 06:04:45 PM »

Traitor
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 06:32:47 PM »

Trump terrorists currently waving flags that just read "JESUS" - not at all surprising.
To be fair, that was my first reaction. Different inflection though.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2021, 06:52:41 PM »

About an hour old, but I haven't seen it posted:

Is he going to impeach the ring leader?
No?

Arrest his ass too then
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2021, 06:58:03 PM »

And all it took was madmen taking congress hostage.

What a brave, brave woman.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2021, 07:34:51 PM »

Josh Hawley has never come across to me as a very intelligent person.

Really? He comes across to me as a very intelligent individual, whose actions and words are carefully calculated to pander to the Trump wing of the party in order to jumpstart his 2024 bid for the presidency.

Let's dispel with this notion that Hawley doesn't know what he's doing... etc

He's not dumb but he makes All Gore look like Obama charisma wise. I also doubt he could work Trump's 2016 magic with secular whites.
He’s well educated, that doesn’t necessarily mean smart. I’ve encountered more than a few people who go through the prep school-prestigious college route, do exactly enough work to get good grades and absolutely forget everything the second they are out of class.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2021, 07:41:10 PM »

In the end, democracy has prevailed.  This is not a Republican vs Democrat issue.  I don't know any Republicans who are OK with what happened today.  The people who tried to overthrow the government are disgusting and should be prosecuted.  They are not a reflection on the vast, vast majority of good lawful Americans who love their country.
I know, well know of, one.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2021, 07:44:51 PM »

Trump should not be impeached or removed from office. That would turn him into a martyr and further radicalized his supporters.
How much more radicalized does one get from storming the capital to kidnap and presumably murder congressmen?

There comes a point where the threat of escalation is no longer worth considering.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2021, 07:52:38 PM »

Holy sh**t that’s a major institutional GOP player
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2021, 07:57:48 PM »

25 and detention  now, follow with impeachment to follow
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2021, 08:12:01 PM »

Evil Karen gonna Karen evilly
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2021, 08:17:08 PM »

She's trash.  Can NY gerrymander this worthless moron into oblivion?

Sadly her district is a pretty clear CoI.
OT but screw COIs for federal districts.
I’m all for fair maps for state legislatures and think Rucho was wrongly decided, but when it comes to fed districts, under the current rules you are just handicapping yourself if you don’t go for the maximal partisan map, assuming the other guy is.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2021, 08:19:08 PM »

maybe now that the Trump thugs literally put their lives at risk, Democrats will finally hold them accountable.
?

It wasn’t Democrats that kept him in office after bribery and espionage. Or Democrats that let him pick 3 SCOTUS members
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2021, 08:24:43 PM »

maybe now that the Trump thugs literally put their lives at risk, Democrats will finally hold them accountable.
?

It wasn’t Democrats that kept him in office after bribery and espionage. Or Democrats that let him pick 3 SCOTUS members

The Democrats were pathetic.  They should have arrested Bill Barr and Trump's other enablers when they didn't abide by subpoenas.  They have been cowards the last 4 years almost as much as Republicans have.
So the thing about arresting Attorneys General is that all the cops work for them. I know, Capitol Police, but do you really think the FBI or US Marshalls are gonna let them detain the AG?
The only way I could see them doing something would be to get a federal court to issue a warrant and, especially given how completely captured the federal judiciary is, that would likely still be an ongoing process.

But the point is, Republicans have agency in this. They are the enablers and co-conspirators.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2021, 08:25:56 PM »

She's trash.  Can NY gerrymander this worthless moron into oblivion?

I've lost all respect for Stefanik. Ever since the impeachment hearings, she's been a Trump lackey.
I mean, other than being a youngish woman, what exactly was this bipartisan appeal?
Crazy how she used to be a rising star with bipartisan appeal. Like so many others, she threw it all away and debased herself for a president who almost certainly doesn't know or care what her name is.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2021, 08:28:07 PM »

Wow, lost Mitch, Cotton, and Pence

25 might actually happen
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2021, 08:42:49 PM »

My God....

Removed for violating Twitter rules. Anyone have a summary?
Paraphrasing, he said that this is what happens when you steal his election.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2021, 01:13:44 PM »

McCaskil on stl public radio, letting loose on Hawley

Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2021, 08:43:42 PM »

The video:

Even here he’s lying. No you didn’t immediately deploy the national guard to end the riot you started. The Vice President and uniformed leadership had to step up. We know this to be the case. Literally first sentence.

Impeach him and then arrest him.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2021, 09:13:06 PM »

Meanwhile half of the Republican Party approves of the riots, and their conspiracy theory was validated by a majority of the Republican House caucus just hours after the attack!

To be fair, pretty much every Republican has condemned the violence, just as how establishment Dems condemned BLM riots.

147 Republicans voted to object to the election based on the president's lies. They know his claims are and have always been completely fabricated and they've decided perpetuating the lies is worth more to them than defending and uniting the country. Those lies triggered the violence by Trump's supporters. He's radicalized them with lies that their country is being stolen from them, their culture is being stolen from them, their election is being stolen from them.

The lies are behind the violence and unless the Republican Party comes out and apologizes to the nation for breeding terrorism in the gullible to get votes, they're 100% still the pieces of crap to blame.

Saying "I still think I won but don't hurt people" with no affect isn't worth a bucket of snake piss.

But it’s different from actually supporting the violence, which I’ve seen no Republican do so far.

No it’s explicitly supporting the violence. They are lying, these lies were used to incite this mob, they immediately went back to lying. Alternately they actually believe this, in which case the violence was justified.
In either case, this vote is supporting the insurrection.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2021, 09:19:41 PM »

Meanwhile half of the Republican Party approves of the riots, and their conspiracy theory was validated by a majority of the Republican House caucus just hours after the attack!

To be fair, pretty much every Republican has condemned the violence, just as how establishment Dems condemned BLM riots.

147 Republicans voted to object to the election based on the president's lies. They know his claims are and have always been completely fabricated and they've decided perpetuating the lies is worth more to them than defending and uniting the country. Those lies triggered the violence by Trump's supporters. He's radicalized them with lies that their country is being stolen from them, their culture is being stolen from them, their election is being stolen from them.

The lies are behind the violence and unless the Republican Party comes out and apologizes to the nation for breeding terrorism in the gullible to get votes, they're 100% still the pieces of crap to blame.

Saying "I still think I won but don't hurt people" with no affect isn't worth a bucket of snake piss.

But it’s different from actually supporting the violence, which I’ve seen no Republican do so far.

No it’s explicitly supporting the violence. They are lying, these lies were used to incite this mob, they immediately went back to lying. Alternately they actually believe this, in which case the violence was justified.
In either case, this vote is supporting the insurrection.

Lying doesn’t mean you supported the violence anymore than supporting BLM meant you agreed with the occupation of downtown Seattle.

Yes, it does.

These lies caused this, but I’m going to repeat them makes you at least an accessory to the same/

And get the Holy Mother Church out of your avatar while you coddle this  murderous horde of idolatrous cultists.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2021, 09:26:19 PM »

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Some of the rioters who stormed the U.S. Capitol were fired from their jobs on Thursday after internet sleuths publicized their identities.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-protests-fallout/some-us-capitol-rioters-fired-after-internet-detectives-identify-them-idUSKBN29C36M

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA Cheesy

If you're a Nazi and you're fired, it's your fault,
If you're a Nazi and you're fired, it's your fault,
You were spotted in the mob, now you've lost your f**kin' job
If you're a Nazi and you're fired, it's your fault

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvECT8N5IMU

I’ve been very opposed to this sort of thing on the basis that your employer shouldn’t be able to punish you for anything that doesn’t directly relate to your work.
But I’ll make an exception for sedition.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies