Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:40:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)  (Read 92614 times)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: January 16, 2020, 11:24:38 PM »

That's "Honest Uncle Joe" for you....

Nothing wrong with resourcing Tejas in 2020, especially since this could be a boon to DEM-House and Senate campaigns statewide, as well as Federal CD's, plus long-shot at a US-Senate seat (Where's BETO???)....
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 09:49:46 PM »

One SC elected official says something, and it becomes "significant opposition in SC's black community."
K.
Please stop. You are better than this.

So endorsements from minor elected officials were signs of his support in that community, but one of those same elected officials retracting her endorsements is not a sign of problems? I guess you just don't care to listen to women of color.

Well to be fair, I'm not sure you can call Dalhi Myers just a "minor elected official", considering she is the Vice-Chair of the Richland County Council in the 2nd largest (and most Urban County in the State), within the largest Metro Area located solely within SC (~800k) where ~20% of Black Voters are located. Wink

One could certainly perhaps make an argument that the endorsement from a Middle-Aged Black Lady from SC who considers herself a "conservative Democrat" and has won a Senior elected position within a large local jurisdiction (Not exactly Bernie's area of strong performance in '16) is perhaps indicative that Biden's position in SC is much more vulnerable than perhaps commonly assumed by pundits and Atlas posters alike.

For example: Here is a Politico article from Yesterday regarding Steyer's unexpected surge in SC...

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/22/tom-steyer-south-carolina-surge-102343
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 09:18:34 PM »

As I posited some 3-4 Months ago, polls of Iowa and New Hampshire at that time were not reflective of the Democratic Party base in two States with some of the highest % of College Students in the Country...

Although College Students are just one element of the 2020 Democratic Coalition, by dint of the dramatic shift of Partisan Political affiliation in the 18-35 Year old range, this will likely represent a significant component of the IA and NH 2020 DEM Primary / Caucus electorate.

Although Biden is still an extremely strong DEM Primary Candidate (And quite frankly well liked and respected among the overwhelming majority of the DEM base), it is clear that even if it comes down to a Bernie vs Biden showdown in the late stages of the DEM Primary, that without the Super Delegates this may well come down to a contested convention on the first vote....

It would be hard for me to imagine that either Biden nor Sanders base support will collapse, and although we still have Warren and Mayor Pete that could be contenders, Biden will likely be in the "Chess Endgame" of the DEM Primaries....

Bloomberg and Steyer by virtue of their unlimited bank accounts might make some dents, but it is hard to envision a scenario where either of these Billionaires win the DEM nomination, regardless of how much money from their personal fortunes they throw into the race....

Interestingly enough distribution of Bloomberg & Steyer delegates could easily be relatively chopped up among the various contenders after they flame out after Super Tuesday, but still rack up some delegates in other states, since they are essentially "self financing" their Presidential Election bids....

It is looking extremely likely that Biden will place at best 3rd in IA and NH....

I suspect he might do a bit better in NV and maybe hit 2nd....

Meanwhile he is under threat in SC "the Biden Firewall" from Steyer....

Biden needs a game changer to make this a quick three and out game early on to avoid, what from my perspective looks increasingly like a potentially contested convention scenario....
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 02:56:04 AM »

I like Uncle Joe and would proudly support him as a DEM Standard bannerman against the current corrupt and despotic regime that is called the "Trump Administration", where "draining the swamp appears to be more like harvesting the $$$ combined with kickbacks to top Corporate interests and donors...

Their concept of draining the swamps is racking up $$$ in their bank accounts, while they claim the DEMs are corrupt, and meanwhile they rape our forests, destroy our waters, frack the eff out of the country, and claim  that "Private Property = National Interests"....

Could go on a bit longer, and unfortunately although he was my 2nd or 3rd Horse in race, appears to have hit a lame knee on the 2nd round across the tracks...

Looks like Amy & Pete might have fixed the match with some donors shifting odds on the match...

Personally, if I'm gonna be bettin' on the tracks would rather choose a horse or dog that I know, especially if gambling a few dollars here or there for a candidate that might be an unknown pony....

At this point both Pete & Klob appear like bland no name DEM candidates, almost akin to Blair still New Labor "Tories"....

Would have proudly voted Bernie, Biden, (and even Warren--- although she p/o d me at that DEM debate), but no so interested in these bland piss ant DEM candidates that have no policy positions, regurgitate DEM stump speech rhetoric, and honestly have nothing really to add to the Ntl Conversation other than: "We are Mid-West Dems and we can Win"....

Screw that crap.... they can barely win their own communities, let alone convince and mobilize a base that can beat Trump in 2020....
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2020, 01:05:11 AM »

"Uncle Joe" is a Long Haul Trucker here, with a Union Card in his back pocket....

Let Bernie & Liz take some swings at Bloomie the Billionaire, let those at the "kids table" (Amy & Pete) squabble among themselves, threw a few "soft punches" towards "Liz & Bernie", allowed Mayor Bloom to melt down a bit.... and suddenly Biden may well be back in the mix *IF* he places 2nd in NV and maybe wins SC....

He has a much broader base of support than most other DEM voters at a National and Statewide Level, problem he has no street cred with voters <35 Yrs (Other than some random people on Atlas Forum  Wink )

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2020, 12:33:26 AM »

Biden is spending all of next week in South Carolina.  He'll be there from Feb. 24-29:

which doesn't leave much time to campaign in Super Tuesday states.

I'm sure other candidates will spend a lot of time in SC next week, but presumably the rest will also be doing some Super Tuesday state campaigning.

Well, Bidens campaign depends entirely on SC. If he is weak or loses it, then he won't even have the AA leg to stand on, they will head over to one of the billionaires. If he does well though, he gains momentum purely with the AA community, which is all Biden wants right now. AA momentum will carry into Super Tuesday and help him in AL, TN, TX, and other AA controlled contests.

I guess the big question about SC I'm interested in is "At this point in the race, what is considered good enough for Biden?"

Before Iowa, anything above 12-15% would've meant smooth sailing going into Super Tuesday.

Now, I guess the bar should be lowered to where a 6-8% would make him "The Comeback Kid"? I'm just not sure what the sweet spot is anymore between an excellent performance and a pathetic performance

I would imagine placing 2nd in NV would likely put him into a decent slot to recover heading into SC.

It's entirely plausible, considering that generally he is still polling better in IA than just about anyone other than Pete....

Sure, Biden's vote appears to have collapsed among White Voters (Especially White Women), but from what little polling info we know he is still doing fairly well Nationally and in various State polls among Black Voters, and actually polls fairly decently compared to most the rest of the DEM pack among Latino voters.

Biden support from recent polling also includes some former Bernie '16 Country in WWC places like downstate IL.

I would posit that arguably Biden still has the best chance to make it to the finish line against Bernie, but he's gotta show he can do something....

He was "Joe the Boxer" on the debate stage against Bloomberg, but his donors are jumping off like "rats off a coffin ship from Ireland", and betting $$$ on other horses (Many of whom of skin deep when it comes to political policies and depth of gravitas and expertise).

Now---- this is an objective perspective and divorced from my personal political candidates or "horse in the race" so to speak....

Now let's say hypothetically Biden over-performs expectations in NV and then rolls into SC the following Tuesday and wins.....

"Da Boom coming from the smoke filled room"...

Tons of EV votes going on early in Super Tuesday States, and we all know that the West Coast is not Biden Country... still tons of votes to bank in the Southlands, Texas, etc....

Biden will likely get a loan from the Iron Bank if he places well in NV/SC, but he doesn't have tons of bucks to float on the Air War for Super Tuesday, where the premium costs of Ads are already purchased by other campaigns that have a higher cash flow, plus additional COH to get the loans with full confidence that all debts will be repaid in full.

Not a hater on Biden, despite my avatar, but yeah I do think that there is a good chance it will come down to a Bernie-"Uncle Joe" contest once the drop outs drop out.

Sure Biden got some major hits in the first few stages of the play among White Voters in IA and NH, but something tells me his stamina is larger than just taking a few punches early one without fighting back....

Biden rose above the fray in Vegas, and any Atlas poster that considers him to be a "Bad Hombre" or a hater of progressive policies needs to get their brains examined....

Biden is so much better than either Amy or Pete (Let alone Bloomberg) on fundamental issues of concern to the Progressive Left of the Democratic Party....

Got knee-capped early on as the front runner, a virtual gang-bang some would say, had a bit of a stutter--- bit rusty was "Uncle Joe", but hell would take Biden any day over Bloomberg.

Steyer--- meh.... heart seems to be in the right place, and obviously extremely passionate considering that for the past 2 Years he has literally spent Millions and Millions of $$$ for the impeachment of Trump.

Don't have any major beef with the Silicon Valley Tech dude (So long as he agrees to pay the Billionaire taxes), but Bloomberg did a One-Up and sloshed 400+ Million bucks in the race and kinda took away the Steyer vibes, where he actually might have been able to make it, especially bcs of how he personally deals with individuals in small-town and community environments.

So yeah--- personally thinking at this fixed point in time might end up being a Bernie-Biden matchup (Let's see what happens in NV/SC and most obviously Super Tuesday--- Bold predictions. Wink )
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2020, 12:36:44 AM »

Biden IMHO is still in the best position to face down Sanders for a legit contender for the DEM nomination....

Bloomberg is a "Paper Tiger", who despite throwing almost a half Billion $$$ of his own cash, appears to be an individual who has very little appeal among the DEM base... bombing in the the NV debate is not something where the DEM base is gonna respect, as a "MOD ALT" to run between the "lanes"...

Steyer might do well after weeks of camping in SC speBnding massive Millions of his own $$$ and making the legit argument that he was first to call for impeaching Trump.

Biden has seen his support collapse dramatically among White-Dems (Especially White Female DEMs nationally), so naturally Biden has an "Anglo White Problem"...

Still much of the collapse of Biden likely went to candidates like Amy & Pete, who are now virtually on the edge of elimination from the DEM PRIM....

As I posited previously if Biden were to place 2nd in NV (Which it appears that he did), and possibly wins SC (Where the odds were in his favor to starts, and yeah it might be a close race between him and Bernie, but now looking like Biden will win (Despite Bernie numbers among AAs in SC), there is a game on....

Biden wins SC puts him back in the ring, especially if Bloomberg gets demolished on the Tuesday debates....

Pretty clear that based upon national polling and NV results that Bernie will win big in Cali, and place close in Tejas (with possibly a very narrow or a decent size win)....

Biden is well placed to run as a Center-Left DEM in the Midwest States on 3/10 maybe does well in MO and MI, and then does really well on 3/17 in FL...

Maybe I might be on the pipe (NOT!), but there is a giant chunk of votes out there post ST, especially when we are likely to see a ton of drop outs, many of whom prefer Bernie as second fiddles, and many others of whom support Biden as a second string...
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2020, 01:19:40 AM »

Looks like Clyburn will endorse Biden on Wednesday...

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/23/clyburn-to-endorse-biden-south-carolina-116986
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2020, 01:22:16 AM »

Meanwhile "desperate Joe" is trying to persuade huge $$$ that he is the only one who can properly take on Sanders...

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/23/sanders-democratic-establishment-panic-mode-117065
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2020, 11:52:03 PM »

Biden has seen his support collapse dramatically among White-Dems (Especially White Female DEMs nationally), so naturally Biden has an "Anglo White Problem"...

Biden is still popular with divorced highly educated low income white Catholic males between 40-64 years of age.
He lost every voting Group in Nevada except for Voters 65+. How do you supposed to win a National Primary Election if you can't expand beyond older folks is beyond me!

He doesn't win. Biden's strategy is to reinforce and then build a citadel around the African American and extremely elderly White vote. Maybe others will willingly enter his fortress as the race progresses, but that is secondary. He wants to carve out his niche in one of the communities that Bernie struggles to capture (and who control ~30% of conversation delegates), and then hold onto that niche no matter what. With luck, the other Bernie-warry groups sort themselves out in a manner that allows Bidens citadel to stand strong in Milwaukee.

Step one of this process was to get all the Free press from Nevada showing that you still are still relevant and can carry votes in the AA community. Step two is to win SC, hopefully convincingly, and get significant momentum solely in the AA community. Step three than is to rack up wins in the southern Super Tuesday States (divided wins, but wins) and prove your relevance. This path should be viable enough to get all the AA states into the tent. Thanks to all the southern states being frontloaded into March, Biden can strike while the iron is hot. Only Louisiana, DC, Maryland, and Delaware are after March when the question of whether we are going to the convention or not should be resolved.

I did posit something similar prior to the NV Primaries, which stated to the effect that if Biden were to place 2nd, it would most likely looks like a Bernie-Biden DEM PRIM race.

SC is key, but I still think that Biden could be a comeback kid if he does well on Sup Tues in the South, with a decent chunk of Black Voters, combined with White voters apparently that have abandoned Biden for Amy & Pete (or even the NY Billionaire dude) shifting back....
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2020, 12:18:00 AM »

Biden is the fall guy, everything bad that happened during Obama years is blamed on Biden now. Obama is like Clinton to Democrats, and he isnt gonna be criticized for the bad parts of his administration,  but very much like Gore, Biden is the fall guy. Being a sloth doesnt help him, and neither did it help Gore

That's an interesting angle, which is something I hadn't really considered before within the context of the 2020 DEM PRIM (Presumably you are talking about the Primaries and not the GE).

Bolded your OP for emphasis....

I guess my initial question would be:

1.) What specific Obama policy initiatives is Biden taking the hit on?

2.) In any DEM PRIM there is a "push-pull" factor, meaning that '16 was the natural gap between the Obama Administration (including VP Biden) with a DEM PRIM, which was effectively a two person contest (HRC vs Sanders), which went down the wire to what was a much less than spectacular win for HRC in Cali, which in many ways foreshadowed the 2020 Sanders Coalition.

3.) If we look at shifts in DEM PRIM Coalitions and policies, one item in specific stands out where Biden *might* be taking a bit of a hit from Obama Policies. Specifically this would be the policy of larger scale deportations of Immigrants whose paperwork was out of status, for what were frequently offenses that would have gone down very differently for American Nationals, or those with official paperwork showing current residency status within the US.

When we lived in Houston back in the early 2010s, I posted on Atlas multiple times about how Obama was perceived as the "Deporter in Chief" among many Latinos within Tejas. Since me and my Wife did not have any friends or family close by within TX, our friends were predominately co-workers that we came to know over time, the majority of whom were Latinos.

4.) ACA "Obamacare" was extremely popular among the vast majority of Latinos within my work-place, where I was MGMT and the Company did not offer Health Insurance to certain job classifications.... Still, despite ACA the cost structure, plus tax penalties created issues for many working-class folks who had embraced ACA and then found it was much more expensive than they could afford.

I *suspect* this is part of the reason why M4A is so popular among many working-class Mexican-American and Latino-American DEM PRIM voters (Among many other demographics as well).

So there might be another example of where Biden might be facing some indirect blame for Obama policies that both expanded access, but simultaneously created expectations which did not match
la realidad that this was not a perfect solution to a much larger problem.

5.) Millennial Workers, especially those of lower education levels were disproportionately impacted by the Great Recession.

I remember back in down-state OR, it was hard for many of the young folks back in the late 2000's/ early 2010's to even get a fast-food job in many parts of the State, because there were older unemployed working-class folks that had been laid off with significant work experience and willing to take a major pay-cut just to get a (30) Hr week job at minimum wage.

Naturally this has disproportionately impacted many Communities of Color with Demographic Changes.

6.) Millennial Voters were one of Obama's strongest Demographic in '08, and in terms of age distribution is now effectively somewhat of a counterbalance to the Baby Boomers in terms of % of US POP.

Is it any wonder that Sanders holds such strong appeal among voters under the age of 35, and now looking like quite possibly DEM voters under the age of 45?

Can we blame Obama for not being able to deliver a sufficient package to recover from the aftermath of the Robber Baron Capitalists that gave us the Great Recession?

No---- in face Obama has addressed that directly in interviews somewhere in the Middle of his Presidency that he should have sunk more $$$ into the recovery and *pushed the Republicans harder* to give a bailout to working class Americans, as opposed to the "Bailouts" to the Financial Sector who played a major role in the Great Recession.

Thoughts???

You are onto something that Biden is taking a bit of a hit within the DEM electorate bcs Obama wasn't able to get as much done as he wanted to, and was blocked by the Tea Bagger PUBs in the House & Senate, but one might make an argument that Sanders created his own Political Opportunity Structure (POS) built a real coalition from the "wretched of the earth" (Sorry--- couldn't resist), that was dramatically expanded into the 2020 DEM PRIM, to the point where effectively the assumptions that the "DEM Elites" had going into 2020, was that "Uncle Joe" would be able to unify the Party quickly and represent a "frente popular" against DJT, but now their dreams are broken on the mirrors of coke donors from Wall Street, where now some are busy trying to shift around their "investments" between various Greyhounds as part of a dawg racing track....

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2020, 02:40:56 AM »

It's too late for money to save Biden on Super Tuesday.  The only thing that can rescue Biden is for a win that's so strong that it immediately labels him as the clear, obvious alternative to Sanders.  That way everyone who's still undecided and hasn't voted, or people who were hesitant on Joe and supporting Bloomberg/Buttigieg/Klobuchar as an alternative, will swing back to his camp and give him enough votes to be viable in California, compete in Texas, and win Virginia.

A result like
Biden 45%
Steyer 18%
Sanders 16%
Buttigieg 9%
Gabbard 5%
Klobuchar 4%

would immediately say to everyone "Biden is the one."  If you are a Buttigieg or Klobuchar or Bloomberg supporter, that's wonderful, but if you care about stopping Sanders it's time to jump on the Biden train.

Even better would be a result like
Biden 45%
Sanders 15%
everyone else non-viable

or Sanders non-viable.  A 3-1 victory would give Joe a 30-delegate MOV and put him ahead of Sanders in the delegate count.  Certainly seeing Joe Biden in first place would have a huge effect on people.

I'm pessimistic though.  Biden still doesn't have any sort of ground game and he's underperformed thus far.

General---

SC results are extremely unlikely to influence ST results in CA & TX, where so many EV votes have already been packed and same day voters aren't really the types of folks that would heavily back Biden....

It might be enough, to effect marginal wins in NC/VA on same day votes, but min delegate gains in relatively large States....

Within NE--- appears that Bernie will clean house in VT, and quite possibly ME and basically chop some votes delegates with Warren in MA.

Biden still has some "Buckles in the Bible Belt" in TN, AR, & AL....

Only the latter is looking good for him with possible marginal wins in TN & AR...

TX--- a virtual tie between Bernie & Joe, but gonna depend upon turnout and CDs for delegates, and honestly I suspect nobody has a real handle on WTF is gonna happen on ST, but personally I would lean towards Bernie on this one...

OK--- Doesn't look like the Bernie/HRC State of '16...  Biden will win narrowly if not Bloomberg.

CO--- Bernie landslide....

UT--- Looks like decent Bernie win but a bunch of other folks grabbing some scraps off the table....
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2020, 10:00:09 PM »

Biden practically just lost my vote if he wins the DEM PRIM in the GE after watching his rant including targeting Bernie....
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2020, 10:00:59 PM »

Remember a week ago when Atlas pronounced Biden痴 campaign dead? Lmao

I did not....
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2020, 10:03:13 PM »

I知 rolling with Joe. The alternative is a self avowed socialist who praises communists but has all the energy in the world to trash Democrats he will need to not only vote for him but vote for his agenda. I知 good.

I'm good voting 3rd Party if Biden wins the PRIM at this point....

Speaking of trashing 50% of your Party Base, it's the Establishment DEMs....
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2020, 10:15:40 PM »

I知 rolling with Joe. The alternative is a self avowed socialist who praises communists but has all the energy in the world to trash Democrats he will need to not only vote for him but vote for his agenda. I知 good.

He's talking about helping downstream candidates like Colin Allred.  He's talking about working to take back the state legislature.  So how does he expect to do that if he's trashing the party base as you claim??

I like BETO and he should have run for US SEN from TX in 2020....
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2020, 10:18:52 PM »

Extreme Sanders supporters willing to hand the election to Trump are not 50% of the party.

Oregon is SAFE DEM in 2020....
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2020, 10:42:42 PM »

NOVA Green is free to vote however he likes for top of ticket. What matters is voting D downballot.

I will.... considering that my State House and State Senators are Conservative Republicans.

I will definitely continue to support the fine work that Governor Brown has been doing for Progressive Statewide Politics on a wide host of issues.

I will definitely continue to support Progressive Democrat Peter Defazio....

Hell, in the event that Biden is the DEM nominee against DJT, there is a good chance that I will reluctantly vote for him (Although I can't speak about turnout from the rest of my extended family on my wife's side including adults kids, spouses/domestic partners).

I've had a few minutes to calm down, but the reality is that Biden and some of the other DEM candidates spent so much time "red-baiting" Bernie during the debates, while ignoring the reality that he brought items that generally a vast majority of DEMs in 2020 now agree on such as variations of "Free College", "Expanded Medical Access in a Form which Lowers Costs", "$15/Hr Min Wage", "FED legalization of MJ" but at the same time Bernie never gets any credit for putting these on the platform, while at the same time we are looking at "vanilla-lite" variations of policy proposals that the other candidates propose.

Sorry--- the time for marching backwards is done.... we have played defense on so many issues for so long. Both Biden & Bernie nationally look to be equal in polling to beat Trump in a GE Environment....

So why settle for meager incremental proposals rather than putting a platform together (which despite might not be immediately achievable sets a standard for what is possible in the future, rather than trying to be "Republican-Lite" on policies?

Mini rant/explanation aside: Joe Biden did seem quite a bit more active than he has been in awhile, although I honestly thought he did quite well in the last debate....

So please don't view this as any type of hatred on Biden (Actually kinda like the guy) but rather this looks like an "establishment fix", so yes there will be plenty of younger folks that will not turn-out to vote for Biden in NOV, especially if Bernie wins a plurality of delegates over Biden once we get to the Convention....

This will likely hurt down-ballot DEMs much more so than a Bernie > Biden GE ticket....
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2020, 11:10:08 PM »

Beto? The guy who wanted to use the government's guns to take away the people's guns? Great endorsement Biden!

I'll take the bait...

Reality that an overwhelmingly majority of America support Common Sense Gun Laws, that represent a significant number of voters from both political parties and various spectrums.

The whole "Gun Debate" in many ways is a bit of a Metro Area vs Rurals Divide.

The vast majority of Americans live in Metro Areas....

The NRA has dominated the narrative along with the vast majority of Republicans within the US-House and Senate.

No guns will be taken away from anyone under "common sense gun laws", except for those with histories of domestic violence, criminals, and the like....

I admit that it a bit of hypocrisy that so many of the '20 DEM PRIM candidates have attempted to jump on Bernie for his history on Gun Votes, which after-all are not uncommon among many small-town and rural folks throughout the US (Including many co-workers, friends, & family here in Oregon).

The new concept of "suing Gun Mfgs" for the product they produce is more ridiculous as the argument against the Tobacco Industry (Where at least there was actual evidence that the industry lied when it came to the data).

Still, even as a smoker I have never received a paycheck from the Tobacco settlements, where most of the cash from State Gvt instead got shoved to cover budgetary shortfalls in Red & Blue States around the Country.

This does not mean that I am a Gun Nut, nor do I believe that certain Military hardware should be easily available to any "Nut" that wants to commit mass murder, followed by "suicide by cop".

I lived in Texas in a large Metro area, where there are plenty of folks that like their guns, but still don't live in fear that "their guns will be taken away"....

This is simply a shock factor from the NRA, who has come a long way from their origins in the '50s/'60s/'70s and now appears to be schills for the Gun Industry, whose Domestic Profits have decreased, mainly because of a decreasing rate of household gun ownership, and instead, are trying to maximize profits by selling more and more guns to many folks who already have an arsenal at their hands....

Despite whatever your image of Texas is, the reality is that "Guns in Texas/Tejas" probably isn't how a vast majority of the Citizens of the Lone Star State perceive the issue....
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2020, 11:27:09 PM »

The "Fix is In"....

Episode II: The Establishment Strikes Back

Sorry, smells like a wet dawg, looks like a wet dawg, all data indicates this is a wet dawg....

Desperation from the Establishment Dems is the reason why Biden will lose in November, even if these shady deals manifest with actual election results.

The voters will vote but... a Biden win in SC is not a massive endorsement.

This will not be over until June, but if Joe can't argue about his policies (what are they anyways?), what is he gonna win on other than being the most electable, which pretty much only comes from Biden himself, plus the DEM establishment....
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2020, 12:09:42 AM »

Just LMAO at y誕ll mad that Democrats are coalescing around the only viable Democrat left in this race. WTF ever

Anyway.... Beto took Biden to What-A-Burger

I like What-A-Burger, been to plenty of them when we lived in Tejas, one of our Daughters worked in one for a bit, and we still occasionally order What-A-Burger Mayo-Mustard-Ketchup pack in the mail, just because we miss it sometimes....     Wink

Still, it's not like BETO taking Biden out to an awesome local Tex-Mex joint and doing a massive three enchilada special (or possible a Fajita Combo) including Sopas and Tostados, with maybe a nice goblet sized Margarita with a mini-Corona in the mix....

It's nothing really like an HRC "boiler-maker" moment like in Western PA in the '08 HRC-Obama race where she was hanging out in some Union Hall / Bowling Alley joint where she dropped a shot of Bourbon into a Beer and chugged it down....

Going out to a "Burger Joint" kinda makes Uncle Joe look like a bit of a tourist.... Wink

Granted, food and beverage choices rarely decide elections, although arguably if you eat certain types of food wrong you could get a whack as a candidate in IA during the County Fairs or in Pizza Joints in NY/IL, let alone ordering a Philly Cheese Stake in South Philly....   Wink

What-A-Burger is cool and all that, but if I were BETO taking him out to eat in Tejas, would have chosen a Tex-Mex joint personally.... Wink

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2020, 12:18:16 AM »

Kamala endorsement?

I will be f-cking S H O O K

Given it is Oakland couldnt it mean an endorsement from Jerry Brown as well

Jerry don't do it..... Wink
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2020, 01:34:42 AM »

The "Fix is In"....

Episode II: The Establishment Strikes Back

Sorry, smells like a wet dawg, looks like a wet dawg, all data indicates this is a wet dawg....

Desperation from the Establishment Dems is the reason why Biden will lose in November, even if these shady deals manifest with actual election results.

The voters will vote but... a Biden win in SC is not a massive endorsement.

This will not be over until June, but if Joe can't argue about his policies (what are they anyways?), what is he gonna win on other than being the most electable, which pretty much only comes from Biden himself, plus the DEM establishment....

What Nonsense and Completely unfair to both Biden and the Voters who support him

IF anything I have a lot respect for Biden Because unlike Romney or Hillary he actually had to fight to get where he is today.  Romney and Hilary were never in any real Danger a Losing the nomination and everybody Knew it. Biden on the other hand spent most of The race Losing to other candidates and he was Broke by the time he got to SC.

It is not the Fault of Biden, the establishment or voters that Bernie under preformed in South Carolina big time and Its A smack in the face to all those who voted to suggest that Because they did not back him THE FIX MUST BE IN

Maybe if Bernie had FIXED His problem with attracting African american voters His supporters would not have to come up with ridiculous excuses like this

Sorry don't understand what you are saying???

You seem a bit upset....

Don't believe I ever once claimed that Biden has HUGE popularity among Black Voters throughout the entire USA, nor did I ever claim anything regarding that the "DEM Establishment" is dominated by Black Voters.

Simply this.... the DEMs with big $$$ do not want real change when it comes to fundamental economic policies, other than simply a DEM in the White House....

Not quite sure what your comments regarding Romney nor Hillary are, since the former came from relative affluence, and the Latter was a "Goldwater Girl" from IL back in the early '60s, when LBJ became the DEM candidate after the Assassination of JFK....

Quite frankly sir, YES it is true that DEM establishment fears real change, and this is coming from an individual who considers himself to be an "Obama Democrat" circa '08, after having voted for 3rd Party Pres Candidates in '92 (Perot), '96 (Random Green Candidate), '00 (Nader), and then finally '04 (Kerry), because of the War in Iraq...

Sorry, you can throw punches at the windmill if you want to, but I will stand by my opinions, my votes, and my small personal campaign donations, and quite frankly like I said I have (5) kids and (5) Significant-Others from my kids side who are Millennial Voters many of whom who voted 3rd Party in '16.

Call me the Cannery in the Coal Mine....

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies