Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 05:40:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 58
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)  (Read 93486 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1200 on: March 02, 2020, 11:54:16 PM »

Kamala endorsement?

I will be f-cking S H O O K

Given it is Oakland couldnt it mean an endorsement from Jerry Brown as well
redjohn
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #1201 on: March 02, 2020, 11:56:28 PM »

Tomorrow might shape up to be a very good day for Joe. None of this was his own doing, of course. But I'll take fair endorsements of a candidate over DNC-rigging (looking at you, Hillary and DWS) any day. We'll see what the voters have to say. I feel disappointed that things aren't shaping up as well for Bernie, but the odds were always against him, even when it didn't seem like it.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1202 on: March 03, 2020, 12:00:17 AM »

Hey guys throwing this out but might we be overreacting a bit? I mean Biden still has no staff or ground game in California or the northeast along with the fact almost all the races right after ST are gonna be Bernie friendly
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #1203 on: March 03, 2020, 12:04:26 AM »

Hey guys throwing this out but might we be overreacting a bit? I mean Biden still has no staff or ground game in California or the northeast along with the fact almost all the races right after ST are gonna be Bernie friendly

I've heard conflicting takes regarding whether the post-ST states are more Biden-friendly or Sanders-friendly
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1204 on: March 03, 2020, 12:07:46 AM »

Other candidates dropping out to endorse Biden isn’t a “fix”
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1205 on: March 03, 2020, 12:09:42 AM »

Just LMAO at y’all mad that Democrats are coalescing around the only viable Democrat left in this race. WTF ever

Anyway.... Beto took Biden to What-A-Burger

I like What-A-Burger, been to plenty of them when we lived in Tejas, one of our Daughters worked in one for a bit, and we still occasionally order What-A-Burger Mayo-Mustard-Ketchup pack in the mail, just because we miss it sometimes....     Wink

Still, it's not like BETO taking Biden out to an awesome local Tex-Mex joint and doing a massive three enchilada special (or possible a Fajita Combo) including Sopas and Tostados, with maybe a nice goblet sized Margarita with a mini-Corona in the mix....

It's nothing really like an HRC "boiler-maker" moment like in Western PA in the '08 HRC-Obama race where she was hanging out in some Union Hall / Bowling Alley joint where she dropped a shot of Bourbon into a Beer and chugged it down....

Going out to a "Burger Joint" kinda makes Uncle Joe look like a bit of a tourist.... Wink

Granted, food and beverage choices rarely decide elections, although arguably if you eat certain types of food wrong you could get a whack as a candidate in IA during the County Fairs or in Pizza Joints in NY/IL, let alone ordering a Philly Cheese Stake in South Philly....   Wink

What-A-Burger is cool and all that, but if I were BETO taking him out to eat in Tejas, would have chosen a Tex-Mex joint personally.... Wink

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1206 on: March 03, 2020, 12:11:29 AM »

Biden says his campaign has raised $33 million since the beginning of February:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/02/biden-fundraising-33-million-119252
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1207 on: March 03, 2020, 12:13:57 AM »

I've heard conflicting takes regarding whether the post-ST states are more Biden-friendly or Sanders-friendly
Well, March 10 has MI, WA, MO, MS, ID, and ND.
MI is a tossup, WA and ID favor Sanders, MO and MS favor Biden, and IDK about ND.

Then comes FL and GA which should be Biden landslides and IL, OH, and AZ which are probably tossups.

Then LA which should go to Biden, and HI/AS/WY/WI which should go Sanders.

Then Acela, which I think strongly favors Biden.

Beyond that is hard to predict, but I think on the whole, Biden and Sanders split the late March/early April vote pretty evenly and then Biden cleans up on Acela.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1208 on: March 03, 2020, 12:18:16 AM »

Kamala endorsement?

I will be f-cking S H O O K

Given it is Oakland couldnt it mean an endorsement from Jerry Brown as well

Jerry don't do it..... Wink
roxas11
United States

« Reply #1209 on: March 03, 2020, 12:26:08 AM »
« Edited: March 03, 2020, 12:29:21 AM by roxas11 »

The "Fix is In"....

Episode II: The Establishment Strikes Back

Sorry, smells like a wet dawg, looks like a wet dawg, all data indicates this is a wet dawg....

Desperation from the Establishment Dems is the reason why Biden will lose in November, even if these shady deals manifest with actual election results.

The voters will vote but... a Biden win in SC is not a massive endorsement.

This will not be over until June, but if Joe can't argue about his policies (what are they anyways?), what is he gonna win on other than being the most electable, which pretty much only comes from Biden himself, plus the DEM establishment....

What Nonsense and Completely unfair to both Biden and the Voters who support him

IF anything I have a lot respect for Biden Because unlike Romney or Hillary he actually had to fight to get where he is today.  Romney and Hilary were never in any real Danger a Losing the nomination and everybody Knew it. Biden on the other hand spent most of The race Losing to other candidates and he was Broke by the time he got to SC.

It is not the Fault of Biden, the establishment or voters that Bernie under preformed in South Carolina big time and Its A smack in the face to all those who voted to suggest that Because they did not back him THE FIX MUST BE IN

Maybe if Bernie had FIXED His problem with attracting African american voters His supporters would not have to come up with ridiculous excuses like this
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #1210 on: March 03, 2020, 12:35:27 AM »
« Edited: March 03, 2020, 12:38:30 AM by President Pence? Rly? »

For the first time, the 538 delegate tracker shows Biden as favored to win more delegates by the end. Also for the first time, he's ahead of Bernie here and has a 20% chance of winning the nomination outright. Sanders is down to 15% on that.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-primary-forecast/
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1211 on: March 03, 2020, 01:34:42 AM »

The "Fix is In"....

Episode II: The Establishment Strikes Back

Sorry, smells like a wet dawg, looks like a wet dawg, all data indicates this is a wet dawg....

Desperation from the Establishment Dems is the reason why Biden will lose in November, even if these shady deals manifest with actual election results.

The voters will vote but... a Biden win in SC is not a massive endorsement.

This will not be over until June, but if Joe can't argue about his policies (what are they anyways?), what is he gonna win on other than being the most electable, which pretty much only comes from Biden himself, plus the DEM establishment....

What Nonsense and Completely unfair to both Biden and the Voters who support him

IF anything I have a lot respect for Biden Because unlike Romney or Hillary he actually had to fight to get where he is today.  Romney and Hilary were never in any real Danger a Losing the nomination and everybody Knew it. Biden on the other hand spent most of The race Losing to other candidates and he was Broke by the time he got to SC.

It is not the Fault of Biden, the establishment or voters that Bernie under preformed in South Carolina big time and Its A smack in the face to all those who voted to suggest that Because they did not back him THE FIX MUST BE IN

Maybe if Bernie had FIXED His problem with attracting African american voters His supporters would not have to come up with ridiculous excuses like this

Sorry don't understand what you are saying???

You seem a bit upset....

Don't believe I ever once claimed that Biden has HUGE popularity among Black Voters throughout the entire USA, nor did I ever claim anything regarding that the "DEM Establishment" is dominated by Black Voters.

Simply this.... the DEMs with big $$$ do not want real change when it comes to fundamental economic policies, other than simply a DEM in the White House....

Not quite sure what your comments regarding Romney nor Hillary are, since the former came from relative affluence, and the Latter was a "Goldwater Girl" from IL back in the early '60s, when LBJ became the DEM candidate after the Assassination of JFK....

Quite frankly sir, YES it is true that DEM establishment fears real change, and this is coming from an individual who considers himself to be an "Obama Democrat" circa '08, after having voted for 3rd Party Pres Candidates in '92 (Perot), '96 (Random Green Candidate), '00 (Nader), and then finally '04 (Kerry), because of the War in Iraq...

Sorry, you can throw punches at the windmill if you want to, but I will stand by my opinions, my votes, and my small personal campaign donations, and quite frankly like I said I have (5) kids and (5) Significant-Others from my kids side who are Millennial Voters many of whom who voted 3rd Party in '16.

Call me the Cannery in the Coal Mine....

Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #1212 on: March 03, 2020, 03:08:00 AM »

Joe Biden warming up for Tuesday:

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-03/moderates-rally-around-biden-to-knock-out-sanders/12020128
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1213 on: March 03, 2020, 06:41:31 AM »

This is a stake in the heart of Bernie's case that only he can drive turnout. Looks like a lot of people came out to make it known that Biden was their preference.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #1214 on: March 03, 2020, 07:38:04 AM »

For the first time (today), the 538 delegate tracker shows Biden as favored to win more delegates by the end. Biden has a 30% chance of winning the nomination outright. Sanders is down to 8%. Biden is now predicted to finish about 400 delegates ahead of Bernie by the end, and have a plurality.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-primary-forecast/
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1215 on: March 03, 2020, 10:05:49 AM »

eww....
have to reconsider my support now.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #1216 on: March 03, 2020, 10:20:34 AM »

When Biden introduced Beto last night he specifically said to Beto, "You’re going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re going to be the one who leads this effort. I’m counting on you."

Git-R-Done Wink

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/biden-says-beto-orourke-will-take-care-of-the-gun-problem-with-me/
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #1217 on: March 03, 2020, 11:49:17 AM »

538's final forecast for ST has Biden winning 484 delegates today, and Bernie winning 463 today. What a turn of events. Biden could take the overall delegate lead TODAY! TODAY!

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/our-final-forecast-for-super-tuesday-shows-bidens-surge-and-lots-of-uncertainty/
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1218 on: March 03, 2020, 12:48:38 PM »

libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1219 on: March 03, 2020, 12:54:11 PM »

And that's all she wrote.

Bye-bye, Bolshevik Bern!

Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1220 on: March 03, 2020, 12:56:19 PM »

We'll see soon enough. Biden's whole campaign has banked on the idea that name recognition and fondness for Obama's presidency are bigger factors than a ground game. Didn't pay off in IA/NH, but definitely did in SC. Now, there's also the matter of whether "Not Sanders" is a stronger force than Sanders.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1221 on: March 03, 2020, 01:03:05 PM »

What time is the Cali rally?
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1222 on: March 03, 2020, 01:05:33 PM »

In what universe are "almost all the races right after ST . . . gonna be Bernie friendly"?
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1223 on: March 03, 2020, 01:06:10 PM »

The guy was wrong and deleted the tweet. Roll Eyes

Kamala is in DC working. I'm annoyed. LOL.

The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1224 on: March 03, 2020, 01:06:39 PM »

Saw on twitter Harris is going to endorse Biden in Oakland
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies