Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:09:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)  (Read 92629 times)
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1350 on: March 04, 2020, 09:10:57 PM »

I don't trust anyone who has the same political beliefs as their parents.
then who the hell do you trust?

People whose politics are the complete opposite of the environment in which they were raised; e.g. critical thinkers.
Obviously thinking critically is an asset, and no one should blindly adopt their parents' beliefs, but nonetheless blindly rebelling against the environment you are brought up in does not make you a critical thinker.

I agree, but I prefer blind rebellion to blind capitulation.

Ehhh, they're both blind so what's the difference?

On top of that, conformists usually acknowledge that they aren't that smart which is why they just want to follow the crowd because they don't know what to do on their own. From their perspective that does make a certain amount of sense. But contrarians always think they're geniuses when really they aren't any smarter than conformists.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1351 on: March 04, 2020, 09:29:17 PM »

Ehhh, they're both blind so what's the difference?

On top of that, conformists usually acknowledge that they aren't that smart which is why they just want to follow the crowd because they don't know what to do on their own. From their perspective that does make a certain amount of sense. But contrarians always think they're geniuses when really they aren't any smarter than conformists.

It's much easier to diagnose a problem than it is to truly understand that a system is working properly, or offer solutions as to how a problem should be fixed. People of below-average intelligence are perfectly capable of noticing injustices and inefficiencies in our society. However, it may be harder for them adequately defend the status quo. Being a critic is always easier, and as such, I generally expect rebellious people to get things right more frequently because they've got the easier task. Fixing the problem, however, requires a bit more in-depth thought.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1352 on: March 04, 2020, 11:23:52 PM »

Back on topic folks or I'll hide the whole exchange.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1353 on: March 04, 2020, 11:29:20 PM »

The perfectly rational response to 2016 is to nominate another establishment candidate with more baggage than Dulles Int Airport, and whose neurons also seem to be misfiring on a daily basis. Nothing to see here folks!
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1354 on: March 04, 2020, 11:33:14 PM »

The perfectly rational response to 2016 is to nominate another establishment candidate with more baggage than Dulles Int Airport, and whose neurons also seem to be misfiring on a daily basis. Nothing to see here folks!

Not a problem

Uncle Joe has fewer baggage than the Orange Clown
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #1355 on: March 04, 2020, 11:37:15 PM »

Continuing to get déjà vu here
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1356 on: March 04, 2020, 11:38:44 PM »

Watch the first minute of this. Biden has serious memory and speaking issues. Trump will take advantage of these which will be an issue for Biden at the debates.

GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1357 on: March 05, 2020, 12:38:03 AM »
« Edited: March 05, 2020, 12:43:36 AM by GeneralMacArthur »

Can you give some examples of his "neurons misfiring" that aren't just the normal gaffes and stutterer behavior that we've been seeing from Biden for decades?

That video from King BernieBro Walker Bragman, for instance, is mostly just Biden forgetting or mixing up names.  Oh god forbid, after combing through thousands of hours of recorded footage of Biden speaking, we found a time where he said Deng Xiaoping when he meant Xi Jinping.  Off to the mental institution, grandpa!
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1358 on: March 05, 2020, 12:46:13 AM »

Watch the first minute of this. Biden has serious memory and speaking issues. Trump will take advantage of these which will be an issue for Biden at the debates.

If this is actually the best y'all are gonna come up with, I am feeling pretty good about our chances.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1359 on: March 05, 2020, 12:48:28 AM »

I fear it will be more of a "why bother compromising with the leftist parts of the party when we can just wave a scary Trump at them and have them vote for more neoliberalism?" (And they're not completely wrong, but the final cost would likely be terrible if they do. And I doubt they care.)
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1360 on: March 05, 2020, 12:50:37 AM »

Same. The only redeeming factor is that Biden is a lot more liked than Clinton was
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1361 on: March 05, 2020, 12:57:18 AM »

Same. The only redeeming factor is that Biden is a lot more liked than Clinton was

Which really is the key. Whatever "baggage" Biden has isn't at all comparable to Clinton, who was frequently one of the most polarizing/disliked people in politics, outside of getting sympathy during Bill's sex scandal. Outside of the plagiarism thing I can't really think of any "baggage" for Biden. His favorability ratings have always been very high. Biden's issue might be the opposite where he's a boring "designated loser" running against an incumbent like Romney/Kerry/Dole/Mondale.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1362 on: March 05, 2020, 12:58:17 AM »

Even Hillary wasn't this bad.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1363 on: March 05, 2020, 01:04:18 AM »

He's also exceptionally thin-skinned. Trump will rile him up without breaking a sweat, and he'll only get more inarticulate the angrier he becomes.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1364 on: March 05, 2020, 01:06:16 AM »

He's also exceptionally thin-skinned. Trump will rile him up without breaking a sweat, and he'll only get more inarticulate the angrier he becomes.

The angrier Joe Biden gets the better he does lol . That’s why he did so well in the last debate
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1365 on: March 05, 2020, 01:39:09 AM »

The angrier Joe Biden gets the better he does lol . That’s why he did so well in the last debate

It must have been hard for him to be attacked by a whopping 0 people while Bernie only got attacked by 6.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1366 on: March 05, 2020, 02:42:17 AM »

I want this man to laugh in Trump's face like he did Paul Ryan's.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1367 on: March 05, 2020, 02:52:33 AM »

I want this man to laugh in Trump's face like he did Paul Ryan's.

I'm not sure if he has that in him.  He never seemed to see Ryan as more than "Average GOP Politician" whereas he pretty clearly has an intense, passionate, personal hatred for Trump.  I expect him to be deadly earnest and angry in the debates.

That said I would love to be surprised.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

« Reply #1368 on: March 05, 2020, 05:18:08 AM »

I don't think anybody is kidding themselves into believing that Uncle Joe is an amazing candidate.

But he is a decent, unthreatening man that most people like, and perhaps exactly the kind of non-polarizing figure we need after 4 years of Trump which has the nation almost on the edge of civil war.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1369 on: March 05, 2020, 07:09:09 AM »

I don't think anybody is kidding themselves into believing that Uncle Joe is an amazing candidate.

But he is a decent, unthreatening man that most people like, and perhaps exactly the kind of non-polarizing figure we need after 4 years of Trump which has the nation almost on the edge of civil war.

This is what people are not getting. Hillary didn't lose bc she was a centrist. She lost bc people didn't like her. I personally loved her, but unfortunately, the electorate, through years of smears, was not fond of her didn't trust her. THAT was why she lost. Not because she had centrist policies. And it's not even like her and Joe are *that* centrist, they were center-left, but still with many liberal policies. Just because they aren't as far left as Bernard doesn't mean they still aren't pretty left.
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #1370 on: March 05, 2020, 07:35:27 AM »

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1371 on: March 05, 2020, 07:38:04 AM »

Greenwald is a hack, so I don't get the point of posting his tweets
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

« Reply #1372 on: March 05, 2020, 08:20:51 AM »

This is what people are not getting. Hillary didn't lose bc she was a centrist. She lost bc people didn't like her. I personally loved her, but unfortunately, the electorate, through years of smears, was not fond of her didn't trust her. THAT was why she lost. Not because she had centrist policies. And it's not even like her and Joe are *that* centrist, they were center-left, but still with many liberal policies. Just because they aren't as far left as Bernard doesn't mean they still aren't pretty left.
That is completely right (oh, and I loved her too - still do).
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #1373 on: March 05, 2020, 08:31:07 AM »

The pitch of "Biden is a decent person and Trump is an awful man!" will work about as well as "Hillary is a decent person and Trump is an awful man!".
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1374 on: March 05, 2020, 08:38:58 AM »

The pitch of "Biden is a decent person and Trump is an awful man!" will work about as well as "Hillary is a decent person and Trump is an awful man!".

Two differences:

1. In 2016, Trump was only a potentially awful President.  Now he has a record as a demonstrably awful President.

2. Hillary was smeared enough to come across as "not decent" to many people.  Although Trump will certainly try the same tactics with Biden, I don't think it will be as successful against him.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies