Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:38:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [58]
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)  (Read 90671 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1425 on: March 06, 2020, 12:51:16 AM »

Not really Florida has become a pretty stubborn Lean R State now. AZ , NC and even GA are way better bets for the Democrats now

There's no evidence that they're "way" better bets. It's plausible that Biden could win AZ/NC/GA and lose FL, but he's polling about as well in all 4 states.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statewide_opinion_polling_for_the_2020_United_States_presidential_election#Arizona
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statewide_opinion_polling_for_the_2020_United_States_presidential_election#Florida
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statewide_opinion_polling_for_the_2020_United_States_presidential_election#Georgia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statewide_opinion_polling_for_the_2020_United_States_presidential_election#North_Carolina
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1426 on: March 06, 2020, 12:53:28 AM »

Given that Bernie is the only candidate left who cares about the Palestinian people I will vote for Bernie then sit out the Presidential line in November and just vote Dem downballot.

You're really going to put Trump back in office because Biden doesn't hate Israel enough?

It's 2016 all over again.  Don't ever try to talk about Trump like you care.  You care more about feeling pure and holding the moral high ground than you do about anything Trump does.

Don't play that bullsh**t with me, Biden is not entitled to my vote. I am not voting for a candidate who calls my people crazy and will do nothing to prevent my homeland from becoming a Bantustan go cry a river to someone else.

There is a difference between hating Israel and sticking up for my people's rights try again.

Biden's not entitled to your vote personally, but all the people who will be seriously harmed by a second Trump term are. Think of all the government programs Trump and the Republicans will slash, those who die preventably from our health care system, the worldwide victims of climate change, etc.

Once again, Trump is not losing Florida, he's still immensely popular here the Dems have no ground game, we have a super popular GOP governor and government who will reflect positively on Trump

I think you know that's a total chickensh**t reason not to vote Biden. If you and others like you vote, he might win Florida. If I can take the time to vote for him in Mississippi because I owe it to the vulnerable people of America to at least try to do what I can for him, you can in a state where Biden is competitive in the polls.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #1427 on: March 06, 2020, 01:06:18 AM »

Biden was just on CNN a couple days ago.

It is best for his campaign and all of us that Biden is kept safely away.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1428 on: March 06, 2020, 01:36:17 AM »

The pitch of "Biden is a decent person and Trump is an awful man!" will work about as well as "Hillary is a decent person and Trump is an awful man!".

But we all know what a horrible person Donald Trump is now, and we are are increasingly aware of the consequences.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #1429 on: March 06, 2020, 01:37:47 AM »

The pitch of "Biden is a decent person and Trump is an awful man!" will work about as well as "Hillary is a decent person and Trump is an awful man!".

But we all know what a horrible person Donald Trump is now, and we are are increasingly aware of the consequences.

Pbrower, what exactly are the consequences we are aware of?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1430 on: March 06, 2020, 01:46:54 AM »

Correct me if I am wrong TSA, but in the Spring of 2015 you were Rand or Bust and hated Jeb more than any other candidate so if 2016 ended up Rand vs Jeb that would have basically been that year's version of Bernie vs Biden for you.

Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #1431 on: March 06, 2020, 01:52:10 AM »

Correct me if I am wrong TSA, but in the Spring of 2015 you were Rand or Bust and hated Jeb more than any other candidate so if 2016 ended up Rand vs Jeb that would have basically been that year's version of Bernie vs Biden for you.

TSA (LibertarianRepublican) is a former Republican turned Democrat for no reason whatsoever (for being a Never-Trumper).
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1432 on: March 06, 2020, 01:58:42 AM »

TSA (LibertarianRepublican) is a former Republican turned Democrat for no reason whatsoever (for being a Never-Trumper).

Not really he said back then there was no way he would ever vote for Jeb either and given how Neo-Con Marco was , I doubt he would have supported him either.

I think he is more of an Indie who never really fit either party, and I feel he was a Republican then cause a Democrat had been in the WH for the prior 7 years and he just supported the Republican who was the most against the FP Establishment(Rand). Nothing wrong with it of course and I know a few people like this and I bet there are actually many swing voters like this.

In Fact is Chairman Sanchez was on the Left's side on the immigration argument I bet he too would be this type of voter as well

GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1433 on: March 06, 2020, 02:24:27 AM »

The narrative has shifted from "BERNIE IS THE NOMINEE, GET BEHIND HIM!" to "BIDEN IS SENILE!!".

Yeah, the morning after Super Tuesday I was told the Berners were going to accept defeat and it was time to unify and end the divisiveness.

Now they've all gotten the marching orders:  Push the "Biden is retarded" narrative at every opportunity.

You were sahing the exact same thing about Bernie less than a weeks ago.

It just proves my point. Biden supporters don't care about anyone to their left.

Cool story, bro. Too bad it's not true.

And yet what you're saying contradicts evidence.

You sound like a broken record on this, so I'm curious, what actual evidence is there outside of a few posts on this forum and elsewhere? And question two is what does "caring about anyone to their left" actually mean?

I just point to Biden's record.

And it means that not one Biden supporter cares one jot for progressives. You all are saying i'm an idiot for believing this, but not actually proving me wrong.

I personally am not saying you're an idiot. I just don't know what I can prove wrong because you haven't been very specific about why you are so upset.

You mentioned Biden's record, and I agree that there are problems with it. It's partly why I never really supported him, but I do believe that the Democratic Party has shifted to the left and Biden, as with most "moderate" candidates have noticed that. The average Democrat is probably to Obama's left now, and even if it isn't to the point you might find ideal, as long as the Democratic electorate keeps holding elected officials' feet to the fire, they will comply as best as they can to pursue more progressive policies. How left a potential Biden Presidency will be is going to have a lot to do with the makeup of Congress though.

Oh please. This thread tells me all I need to know that Biden supporters are going to fight tooth and nail to srop the left from gaining any influence.

I'm trying not to lose my patience with you here, I am trying to hear you out and reason with you, but you don't seem open to want to be reasoned with. Again, I am getting nothing out of you when it comes to what you actually want out of Biden and his supporters.

I stopped caring what others thought about me after my third suicide attempt, so I don't really care if you lose your patience with me or not.

I want them to actually try to convince me that there is room for progressives in their party, or if we'll get shunted out for moderate Republicans, which seems to to be happening.

I'm sorry to hear that, I' have depression issues as well. I understand the helpless feelings you may have, just look at my username. And I don't mean to come across as cross with you. I just want more specifics out of you so that I know what can be done by the campaign to potentially gain the support of people with your perspective.

Then convince me. Convince me that Biden doesn't just see us as an inconvenience. Convince me that he will not aimply lock us out on the cold. Comvince me that he will work with us on our issues, instead of just paying lip service.

Hell, I want to be convinced, but the only response I've gotten is various levels of calling me an idiot, from subtle implication to outright saying it.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1434 on: March 06, 2020, 08:26:17 AM »

LOL, this is good.

Uncle Joe, the black momma magnet:

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1435 on: March 06, 2020, 08:47:17 AM »

LOL, this is good.

Uncle Joe, the black momma magnet:

I've seen memes on Twitter ("joe biden appeals to no one") and this pretty much just blows that entirely up
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #1436 on: March 06, 2020, 09:00:18 AM »

Not really he said back then there was no way he would ever vote for Jeb either and given how Neo-Con Marco was , I doubt he would have supported him either.

I think he is more of an Indie who never really fit either party, and I feel he was a Republican then cause a Democrat had been in the WH for the prior 7 years and he just supported the Republican who was the most against the FP Establishment(Rand). Nothing wrong with it of course and I know a few people like this and I bet there are actually many swing voters like this.

In Fact is Chairman Sanchez was on the Left's side on the immigration argument I bet he too would be this type of voter as well

TSA seems to be particularly focused on one issue - how the candidates treat Muslims in general and Palestinians in particular. As an extension of that (or maybe unrelated to that - TSA to clarify), he supports candidates who are non-interventionist.

That is why I didn't really understand his animosity to Trump. Sure, Trump was vocally Anti-Muslim, but in reality, he isn't Anti-Muslim. He is just against radical Islamists. And he is the most non-interventionist president in the last 90 years.

#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #1437 on: March 06, 2020, 09:31:04 AM »
« Edited: March 06, 2020, 09:38:59 AM by #TheShadowyAbyss »

You obviously don't know me then lok I genuinely have moved to the left and to answer your question below that is simply not true.

I generally just had an edgy libertarian phase like quite a few people but as I grew older I realized libertarianism was a bs ideology and reasses and reevaluated my beliefs, trump rising in the party was a big push to do that as well.
MichaelRbn
Rookie
United States
« Reply #1438 on: March 06, 2020, 10:57:12 AM »

538 forecast updated.  Biden favored even in Idaho and North Dakota. Bernie favored in Washington State and Democrats Abroad only marginally in terms of delegates won.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [58]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies