Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 05:52:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)  (Read 93488 times)
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1325 on: March 04, 2020, 04:38:53 PM »

And once it's looking even more likely (maybe in a few weeks when AZ/IL vote), I'll fight for y'all with the same energy I fought for Bernie. If you don't like me after that, you'll warm up to me once I'm on your side.
That's so degrading. Why would you do that to yourself?

Because we can't get much lower than what happened yesterday.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1326 on: March 04, 2020, 05:32:23 PM »

Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1327 on: March 04, 2020, 07:05:36 PM »

Does anyone have the video of that rally where Biden received endorsements from Klobuchar and Buttigieg?

Furthermore, does anyone have the video of his Super Tuesday speech?

I hear from this thread that both of them were good. I'd like to watch them.

Love this. Pete/Amy drama has been my favorite sideshow of this election so far.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1328 on: March 04, 2020, 07:05:51 PM »

This was truly an epic performance. Malarkey was destroyed, etc. After settling all family business, it seemed Biden was shaping up to have a good night, but he did even better than expected. I'm glad the candidate I support did so well, but beyond that, I'm comforted that he proved to have support with an extremely broad, multi-regional, cross-demographic coalition that could win everywhere. Any demographic of size, white or black, college-educated or not, Joe Biden had a major showing in it.

The results in Maine, Massachusetts, and Minnesota were the most surprising wins considering he spent no time, money, or effort in them. But I'm struck by the results in my home state:

Biden did stronger than Hillary Clinton! Sure, she got a higher percentage of the vote, but underneath the surface, Biden won and with big turnout across the board. In Fairfax County, Biden got 38% more votes than HRC. In Chesterfield County, Biden got 48% more votes. The story is consistent across the suburbs. But even more impressively, this held everywhere, even in areas Democrats are thought to be hemorrhaging support. In mountainous Giles County (Romney +25, Trump +48), Biden got 34% more votes. In the heavily evangelical Bedford County (Romney +44, Trump +50), Biden got 90%(!) more votes.

I don't know what the general election will look like, but there are clearly a lot of people beyond the 2016 electorate comfortable voting for Joe Biden. That's a good sign moving forward.

It's almost like Hillary Clinton was a terrible candidate who many people hated, while no one hates Joe Biden.

This can't be said enough.  I've seen many posts stating things like "Well I guess democrats haven't learned their lessons from 2016."  I think those posts are missing the main lesson from 2016, which is that Hillary was not well-liked by the American electorate.  Biden has his faults but people love the guy, myself included.  I was actually a big fan of Biden in 2008 and would've voted for him if he had a chance by the time my primary came around.

This really really can't be said enough. We are polarized enough that it might be overstating it some to say that Americans probably love the guy, but the relative approval / disapproval between he and Hillary is about as polar opposite as one can get in this environment.

Yes, we learned our lessons from 2016. One, don't nominate Hillary Clinton. 2, don't campaign or run ads in places like Texas or New Orleans until you have the industrial Midwest clamped down.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1329 on: March 04, 2020, 07:06:50 PM »

Yes honey. In November 2016.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1330 on: March 04, 2020, 07:07:46 PM »

And once it's looking even more likely (maybe in a few weeks when AZ/IL vote), I'll fight for y'all with the same energy I fought for Bernie. If you don't like me after that, you'll warm up to me once I'm on your side.
That's so degrading. Why would you do that to yourself?

Because we can't get much lower than what happened yesterday.

We can, and if Biden completely bends over backwards like Obama again and throws 2022 into chaos, we will.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1331 on: March 04, 2020, 07:10:53 PM »

It's almost like Hillary Clinton was a terrible candidate who many people hated, while no one hates Joe Biden.

This can't be said enough.  I've seen many posts stating things like "Well I guess democrats haven't learned their lessons from 2016."  I think those posts are missing the main lesson from 2016, which is that Hillary was not well-liked by the American electorate.  Biden has his faults but people love the guy, myself included.  I was actually a big fan of Biden in 2008 and would've voted for him if he had a chance by the time my primary came around.

This really really can't be said enough. We are polarized enough that it might be overstating it some to say that Americans probably love the guy, but the relative approval / disapproval between he and Hillary is about as polar opposite as one can get in this environment.

Yes, we learned our lessons from 2016. One, don't nominate Hillary Clinton. 2, don't campaign or run ads in places like Texas or New Orleans until you have the industrial Midwest clamped down.

Or you have the Bloomberg machine ready to pour unlimited resources into both. Beto's campaign showed that you can reap good results from states like Texas, but it needs to be kickstarted with a millions for the many metro areas ads and their infrastructure difficulties. Bloomberg can kinda take care of that stuff in his sleep, as weird as it sounds. Bloomberg paid experts and data HQ are Bidens  for the GE.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1332 on: March 04, 2020, 07:11:20 PM »

This video clip is just amazing. Turn on the sound. The guy here really sounds like Obama:

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1235052111358046208

You seriously never watched Key & Peele?

Though In fairness, Jordan Peele was the one who always did the Obama impersonations. Pretty good ones too. Keegan-Michael Key play the role, equally awesomely, of Obama's anger translator.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1333 on: March 04, 2020, 07:19:00 PM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1334 on: March 04, 2020, 07:22:40 PM »

This can't be said enough.  I've seen many posts stating things like "Well I guess democrats haven't learned their lessons from 2016."  I think those posts are missing the main lesson from 2016, which is that Hillary was not well-liked by the American electorate.  Biden has his faults but people love the guy, myself included.  I was actually a big fan of Biden in 2008 and would've voted for him if he had a chance by the time my primary came around.

Or you have the Bloomberg machine ready to pour unlimited resources into both. Beto's campaign showed that you can reap good results from states like Texas, but it needs to be kickstarted with a millions for the many metro areas ads and their infrastructure difficulties. Bloomberg can kinda take care of that stuff in his sleep, as weird as it sounds. Bloomberg paid experts and data HQ are Bidens  for the GE.

Oh, I hear you, and Bloomberg becoming a major sugar daddy For Democrats this year, while not likely to the extent of our fantasies, would be awesome.

My point is that the Clinton campaign was filled with such truly historic levels of hubris and overconfidence, even two degrees that were not justified by their large poll leads in the months before the election. Campaigning in Texas which, at least in 2016, seemed to be such a reach, while completely ignoring Pennsylvania Michigan and Wisconsin, was beyond electoral malpractice. I've mentioned this example many times, but will do so again. Donna brazile actually convinced the campaign to run television ads in the New Orleans Metro Market for the sole purpose of inflating the National popular vote margins because ( checks notes) "reasons". All the while Clinton did not campaign in Pennsylvania or Michigan until one time in the last few days when they finally caught wind that things were collapsing there oh, and didn't. Campaign. In. Wisconsin. Once.

I am not hearing now saying 8 months before the election to entirely write off campaigning in Texas, if for no other reason than to help some of the congressional candidates there. But by God there better be 10 + Point leads in the above-mentioned states, with respondents firmly committed to voting for Biden at least multiple points about 50%, before they spend a dime running ads in San Antonio.

But again, that is pretty much the opposite of what the Clinton campaign did. Everyone wants to parse the losing campaign tactics afterwards and label them as the worst ever, etc etc. However, it is truly arguable that the Clinton 2016 campaign was the most ill run, ill thought-out, portly strategized (non-primary) presidential campaign in modern American history. Well other candidates like McGovern and Goldwater did worse based on their own deep flaws, in terms of actual strategy and planning I'm having a hard time thinking of an actual campaign that was more ill run or planned. The closest I can conceive of would be maybe Thomas Deweese in 1948, and that's probably a tie at best considering he made only one major, albeit really huge, mistake of listening to his advisers and not going on the offensive against Truman when his gut was telling him Harry's Whistlestop tour against the do nothing Republican Congress was making an impact.

I cannot conceive that the Biden Campaign Will underestimate the real chance that Trump could ride a strong economy to winning the Electoral College again. I was thinking today they are to make their campaign theme song the who's Won't Get Fooled Again.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1335 on: March 04, 2020, 07:24:16 PM »
« Edited: March 04, 2020, 07:38:30 PM by Badger »

Shoo, Trumpist Republican, shoo. You and your hypocrisy are unwelcome here. Go back to Shilling for the guy who desperately wants to cut Social Security
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1336 on: March 04, 2020, 07:25:26 PM »

Shoo, Trumpist Republican, shop. You and your hypocrisy are unwelcome here. Go back to Shilling for the guy who desperately wants to cut Social Security
Yeah I don't like that about Trump.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1337 on: March 04, 2020, 07:49:17 PM »

My dad, a labor union member who was once on the Bernie train, has jumped onto the Biden bus recently. He cites electability in his decision.

Your dad is a democrat? lmao
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1338 on: March 04, 2020, 07:54:10 PM »

My dad, a labor union member who was once on the Bernie train, has jumped onto the Biden bus recently. He cites electability in his decision.

Whats so surprising about that
Just surprised you are so different at least one of your parents politically. All the more power to you.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #1339 on: March 04, 2020, 08:09:26 PM »

Just surprised you are so different at least one of your parents politically. All the more power to you.
Both of my parents are lifelong democrats. My views were crafted by the internet over a long period of time.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1340 on: March 04, 2020, 08:13:43 PM »

Bernie has the Latinos, but just showing support for Public Enemy in Cali, where you don't go to Black Churches doesnt get you the nomination.

Biden has learned that from the Daleys in Chicago that went to Black CHURCHES along with Obama and song in the choir. That's why Biden was so strong in Black community.  Talking about health care that Obama passed already into law, doesnt give Sanders credit, it goes to Biden; thus, he will be the nominee

At least Biden puts Trump on defense in IA and OH, where with Sanders,  he played offense, in WI
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1341 on: March 04, 2020, 08:15:02 PM »

Both of my parents are lifelong democrats. My views were crafted by the internet over a long period of time.
Is that partially why you are so Anti- Trump?
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #1342 on: March 04, 2020, 08:19:09 PM »

Is that partially why you are so Anti- Trump?
I wouldn't attribute it to them. Exposure and information has allowed me to realize the full extent of corruption in the Trump administration.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1343 on: March 04, 2020, 08:32:56 PM »

I don't trust anyone who has the same political beliefs as their parents.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1344 on: March 04, 2020, 08:55:18 PM »

then who the hell do you trust?
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1345 on: March 04, 2020, 08:57:34 PM »

People whose politics are the complete opposite of the environment in which they were raised; e.g. critical thinkers.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1346 on: March 04, 2020, 08:59:31 PM »

Bolded is never a good sign.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1347 on: March 04, 2020, 09:00:45 PM »

The Michigan primary seems like it could really have huge implications. Clinton had solid leads going into it last time but then Sanders won pretty much as a preview of what happened in the GE. If Biden wins it will show he has more strength in the rust belt than Clinton did.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1348 on: March 04, 2020, 09:03:29 PM »

People whose politics are the complete opposite of the environment in which they were raised; e.g. critical thinkers.
Obviously thinking critically is an asset, and no one should blindly adopt their parents' beliefs, but nonetheless blindly rebelling against the environment you are brought up in does not make you a critical thinker.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1349 on: March 04, 2020, 09:06:11 PM »

Obviously thinking critically is an asset, and no one should blindly adopt their parents' beliefs, but nonetheless blindly rebelling against the environment you are brought up in does not make you a critical thinker.

I agree, but I prefer blind rebellion to blind capitulation.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies