Argentina 2023 election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:56:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Argentina 2023 election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Argentina 2023 election  (Read 51927 times)
kaoras
Chile

« on: September 02, 2022, 09:40:12 AM »

(my grandfather almost got shot during a completely different assassination against a president during a crowded event

Alfonsin?

Sadat

That sounds like a terrifying but fascinating story.

On a different note, I've heard talk from media (and Alberto) about "the judges investigating the case". Have I misunderstood something, or do Argentinian judges also work as investigators or prosecutors?

In Chile it used to be like that until 2000. Judges investigated, accused and judged.
kaoras
Chile

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2023, 07:23:55 PM »

Which one of the trots is the less terrible?

Also, the other day I was thinking that If I was born Argentinian, I would probably be the most insufferable Cristina Stan of the universe (I know, I know...) In any case, Campora/ Ultra K leftists are supporting Massa or Grabois? Which one the hypothetical Argentinian me would support?
kaoras
Chile

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2023, 08:45:36 PM »

61.21% counted:

32.6% Milei
27.6% JxC
25.5% UP

UP could still end up ahead of JxC lol.

Hmmm, that % is the rock bottom of Peronism or there are still voters that could switch to Bullrich as the only one who could plausibly beat Milei?
kaoras
Chile

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2023, 08:47:16 PM »

Also, this is going to make Chilean political discurse even more insufferable than already is. I still remember how Bolsonaro was the hot sh*t among the right in 2018.
kaoras
Chile

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2023, 10:20:26 AM »

Colombia will soon overtake Argentina's economy for the first time ever. And with the migration from Venezuela to Colombia they get additional people to employ as well. I believe Colombia will be among the biggest 'newcomers' on the Latin American theater as a future modern powerhouse, however Brazil and Mexico obviously are from a different category.
I wonder where Colombia gets all that money from. (wink)

Where?
Oh come on.

Huh?

He appears to be under the delusion that drug money is counted in the GDP
kaoras
Chile

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2023, 04:51:16 PM »

Colombia will soon overtake Argentina's economy for the first time ever. And with the migration from Venezuela to Colombia they get additional people to employ as well. I believe Colombia will be among the biggest 'newcomers' on the Latin American theater as a future modern powerhouse, however Brazil and Mexico obviously are from a different category.
I wonder where Colombia gets all that money from. (wink)

Where?
Oh come on.

Huh?

He appears to be under the delusion that drug money is counted in the GDP
I'm under the delusion that drug money can be laundered into something that counts into GDP.
Like Real Estate.

If you knew anything at all about LatAm you would know that all that real state is in Miami.
Anyway, enough with this.
kaoras
Chile

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2023, 03:20:51 AM »

I'm surprised that the "shameless irresponsable populism" campaign Massa led in the last weeks worked so well in CABA of all places. Maybe his message of national unity had appeal, but you would think that the city's voters would have heard the money printer behind it.
kaoras
Chile

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2023, 06:11:02 AM »

Even brief exposition to r/Argentina can cause severe brain damage, be careful.
kaoras
Chile

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2023, 04:50:28 PM »

The thing with reddit in Latin American countries isn't that it skews young, it's young people that are fluent in English AND are very exposed to US culture which is a very narrow demographic within young people.

As a young Chilean, I would say that 2/3 of my friends have no idea what reddit is or have never used it.
kaoras
Chile

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2023, 06:09:40 AM »

Even Clarín and La Nación admit that Massa won so it must have been quite the massacre.
kaoras
Chile

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2023, 01:02:28 PM »

That Vargas Llosa endorsement is probably the biggest danger Milei has faced in all the campaign.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies