The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 07:34:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
« previous next »
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 129
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 171470 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: September 08, 2020, 06:41:53 PM »

“Listen to the Scientists” has to be the most naive belief. Conventional Scientists once thought the earth was flat. It took brave men to stand up and prove otherwise.

Believe the Social Scientists. Listen to the Political Scientists. Dr. Fauci has been consistently wrong - he has zero credibility.

Probably thinks no one thought the world was round until Christopher Columbus.

Spreading complete misinformation should be against the rules here. People spouting nonsense like Donald Trump's Toupee should not have equal access to posting.
Who made you the arbitrator of what is and what isn't "misinformation." If you don't like the forum, you're free to join Alternate History.com or some other forum.

Come on, man, what he said was objectively false and ridiculous. Difference of opinion is one thing but saying "don't trust the scientists because they have no credibility" is not only wrong, it's dangerously wrong.

You're taking this forum too seriously dude.

Perhaps, but I'm going to call out lies if I see them.

That's ok. I call out lies from Democratic posters all the time. There is nothing "dangerous" about any Atlas post, unless it's like a literal death threat or suicide attempt.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #276 on: September 08, 2020, 08:16:32 PM »
« Edited: September 08, 2020, 08:19:39 PM by 2,868,691 »

“Listen to the Scientists” has to be the most naive belief. Conventional Scientists once thought the earth was flat. It took brave men to stand up and prove otherwise.

Believe the Social Scientists. Listen to the Political Scientists. Dr. Fauci has been consistently wrong - he has zero credibility.

Probably thinks no one thought the world was round until Christopher Columbus.

Spreading complete misinformation should be against the rules here. People spouting nonsense like Donald Trump's Toupee should not have equal access to posting.
Who made you the arbitrator of what is and what isn't "misinformation." If you don't like the forum, you're free to join Alternate History.com or some other forum.

Come on, man, what he said was objectively false and ridiculous. Difference of opinion is one thing but saying "don't trust the scientists because they have no credibility" is not only wrong, it's dangerously wrong.

That is not what he said. He said "listen to the scientists" is a dangerous mentality and that Fauci lacks credibility, both of which are true to an extent. His post is bad, but you are misrepresenting what he said.

"Conventional Scientists once thought the earth was flat. It took brave men to stand up and prove otherwise," is an objectively false statement though. The world has been known to be round since ancient times, whenever we started sailing longer distances, long before anything resembling "conventional science" was developed.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #277 on: September 09, 2020, 03:35:51 PM »

Trump on tape admitting he downplaying the virus early on, yet his supporters:

Yet another fabricated story that won't do much harm.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #278 on: September 11, 2020, 01:08:53 AM »

what about pop tarts eaten/broken into the shape of a gun?  what about hands bent in the shape of one?

If it can be mistaken for a gun, like a Nerf Gun, it should be outlawed. No reasonable person would mistake Poptarts in the shape of a gun as a gun.

As for finger/hand guns, those should be outlawed...but I'd understand if those bans were never enforced.
So what if someone is jokingly making finger guns at another person as a funny way of saying goodbye or something? Do they get a year in prison?

Probation and a fine.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #279 on: September 14, 2020, 04:31:33 PM »

Biden needs to condemn the violence against the police yesterday, or else he will lose MN.

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #280 on: September 14, 2020, 08:18:33 PM »

At long last, the highly-coveted thread that officially marked the beginning of Atlas Fantasy Elections!

Fun fact: The R-SD guy in that thread is currently the Attorney General of South Dakota!
At first I didn't believe you so I looked it up and yeah, that's definitely him. No idea who else "jravnsbo" could be. Shame he isn't here now, I always like actual politicians on Atlas.

So, are there any posts of his that we could leak to take him down in a future South Dakota election?

That's a perfectly defensible post, given 90% of the posters here at any one point should not be running for elected office.

I think I sort of got proven right about this guy (assuming he is the same guy).
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #281 on: September 15, 2020, 12:26:50 AM »

How do we know it wasn't a Trump supporter who did this to help Trump's law and order narrative? If we are going to be ridiculous and blame random people for crime then let's be consistent.

That aside, we don't know what the motivation for this was. It could have been personal for all we know or a gang initiation. It's really annoying that every single thing is turned into some sort of political act.
https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=394114.0
Go to thread for context
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #282 on: September 15, 2020, 09:51:33 AM »

So is Joe Biden reading answers to questions directed to him, from a teleprompter? Must be the case, if Nancy Pelosi is using a lame excuse to cancel the Presidential debates! Maybe its true, Biden is really "Sleepy Joe" 🤭

Judging from the response of wbrocks67 & other Democrat bots, any posits aside from the narrative that Joe Biden is the second coming has got folks riled! Love creating mayhem & pushing the idea that Biden is in fact truly "Sleepy Joe"! But considering the responses to my post, there's a good chance old Joe is reading from a script when responding to interviewer questions! You only have to look at his eyes! I paused the video a couple of times, and you can see his eyes darting to a teleprompter! Very sloppy! His press secretary wouldn't answer Brett Baier's questions on this topic! All we got was deflection, no yes or no! Wonder why, hmm 😒 But its fun to gauge the responses! Liberal & Democrat bots are losing their minds! 🤭😂

I think these posts might take the cake on absurdity.  Huh
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #283 on: September 17, 2020, 08:32:43 PM »

No, I don't, because "IDK" is not a sufficient response. If you truly think about things before you say them, you'd have come up with a better answer.

I meant to as an answer to your question of "Then why can't you answer the question?"
Fine. Then answer the question I asked earlier: what is it about my signature that is racist?

black

President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #284 on: September 17, 2020, 09:22:56 PM »

No, I don't, because "IDK" is not a sufficient response. If you truly think about things before you say them, you'd have come up with a better answer.

I meant to as an answer to your question of "Then why can't you answer the question?"
Fine. Then answer the question I asked earlier: what is it about my signature that is racist?

black

I don't even know what he means by that.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #285 on: September 17, 2020, 09:55:06 PM »

black

What.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #286 on: September 18, 2020, 06:48:39 AM »

At long last, the highly-coveted thread that officially marked the beginning of Atlas Fantasy Elections!

Fun fact: The R-SD guy in that thread is currently the Attorney General of South Dakota!
At first I didn't believe you so I looked it up and yeah, that's definitely him. No idea who else "jravnsbo" could be. Shame he isn't here now, I always like actual politicians on Atlas.

So, are there any posts of his that we could leak to take him down in a future South Dakota election?

That's a perfectly defensible post, given 90% of the posters here at any one point should not be running for elected office.

Badger ran for office, Sanchez would have run for office hadn't Trump been President, Moun was a State Rep, Torie ran for office.

I did? I wrote myself in as Inspector of Elections for my ward when I was 19 and won because I was the only vote, but....

Huh

Weren't you an elected judge at one point? (And therefore registered R since you live in some R+99 county?)

No. I registered R because I seriously toyed with the idea of running for judge in a Republican County.

I think so. I was very active in the local party and had done my dues. I was actually under consideration for appointment from the governor's office to an open seat on the bench, though the person who got the job was well-regarded to be next in line, so I simply considered that application process as a trial run for next time.

I was going to run against an incumbent who is having issues and had the worst kept secret in the county that he was still a flaming liberal after having switched parties to initially run many years earlier. He actually wound up bowing out of the race rather than running for re-election. I was at the Board of Elections getting out my application paperwork and inquired who else had take it out applications for the race and learned that a very well-regarded long time incumbent politician had come out of retirement to run. Fixed a gritted teeth smile when I heard this, and when she went back into her office to get some more forms I punched the brick wall in the lobby because I knew this completely out of the blue development totally f***** me.

That guy could only serve one term due to age limits in his term runs out soon. I suppose I could have kept toiling in the party salt mines the last several years to place myself in a good position, but I couldn't stomach doing so once Trump became president and defacto party God, Plus the financial decision to start my own practice in the meantime took way way too much time away from the ability to campaign and attend numerous party functions.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #287 on: September 18, 2020, 08:27:28 PM »

Can't quote because thread is locked but:

This is coming from someone who not only voted for Gary Johnson but pledged to vote third party if Bernie was the nominee.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #288 on: September 19, 2020, 02:41:30 AM »

Been trying to resist posting Beet's mindless drivel today but I can no longer.

The whole Kavanaugh thing blew up in the Democrats' faces because they tried to lob baseless accusations against a basically honorable man using nothing but a decades old memory with zero evidence whatsoever, smearing him and ruining his life in front of his wife and whole family. Kavanaugh represented every White man ever unfairly smeared and attacked by the Left solely for being a White man.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #289 on: September 19, 2020, 02:21:47 PM »

It terrifies me we're moving back towards a society where we try to suppress the rights of we who we don't like.

Thats what both sides do
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #290 on: September 22, 2020, 01:10:58 PM »

In the last 15 years, Rehnquist, Scalia, and Ginsburg have died, but no one died on the court between 1954 and 2005.

It seems like it used to be more common to retire under a hostile President. I don't think Douglas liked Ford much and Hughes retired (the first time) to run against Wilson.

"Hostile president" didn't used to be a thing.  All this hyper-partisanship really began with Nixon, and even then, he initially tried to get a segregationist on the court, then reverted to normal picks once Congress put its foot down.  The politicization of the court kicked into high gear under Reagan with the Bork nomination, which conservatives still complain about 33 years later (see Bret Stephens' op-ed in the NYTimes today).  But even then, the Democrats approved Anthony Kennedy unanimously.
It utterly amazes me how butthurt they get over a guy who was Nixon’s lackey in Watergate and had utterly repulsive views on what a company can do to their female employees 🙄

Really? That shouldn't amaze anybody, given how they're all Trump-lackey wannabe's & would probably have just as repulsive views on what they could do to women if electoral realities actually allowed for them.

This is some incredible content: Bret Stephens, David French, etc. are all "Trump-lackey wannabe's" !
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #291 on: September 22, 2020, 01:39:42 PM »

How do we know it wasn't a Trump supporter who did this to help Trump's law and order narrative? If we are going to be ridiculous and blame random people for crime then let's be consistent.

That aside, we don't know what the motivation for this was. It could have been personal for all we know or a gang initiation. It's really annoying that every single thing is turned into some sort of political act.
Go to thread for context
Dr.Scholl is arguably the second worst hack on this forum.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #292 on: September 22, 2020, 09:25:47 PM »

Go to thread for context

Who is number one Smiley (I will cause problems on purpose with this one)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #293 on: September 23, 2020, 12:50:52 PM »

Go to thread for context

Who is number one Smiley (I will cause problems on purpose with this one)
Lyndon. Dr.Scholl, whom I immensely dislike, is at least intelligent enough to go beyond one liners.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #294 on: September 23, 2020, 07:15:27 PM »

Leahy needs to go and  let Zuckerman become next Senator, he is well past his prime

Supporting anti-vaxxers gets a yikes from me
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #295 on: September 23, 2020, 07:16:23 PM »

Leahy needs to go and  let Zuckerman become next Senator, he is well past his prime

To be fair, anything from OC gets a yikes from you, just as taking things OC says at face value gets a yikes from me.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #296 on: September 23, 2020, 10:49:25 PM »

Leahy needs to go and  let Zuckerman become next Senator, he is well past his prime

You are the type of person who calls 911 because he saw a car with out-of-date vehicle registration stickers in front of him on the freeway.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #297 on: September 24, 2020, 11:49:38 AM »

Does France have laws about this (I imagine things like libel laws might apply, as might any anti-racism laws France might have)? Forcibly shutting down the magazine or forcing the sacking of person involved would probably be the right outcome here.
What kind of American thinks magazines should be shut down for being racist?

The kind of American who thinks hate speech shouldn't be covered by the First Amendment?

Authoritarianism is a growing ideology on Atlas.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #298 on: September 24, 2020, 02:42:00 PM »

Leahy needs to go and  let Zuckerman become next Senator, he is well past his prime

You are the type of person who calls 911 because he saw a car with out-of-date vehicle registration stickers in front of him on the freeway.

Lol snowflake
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #299 on: September 24, 2020, 02:43:44 PM »

Does France have laws about this (I imagine things like libel laws might apply, as might any anti-racism laws France might have)? Forcibly shutting down the magazine or forcing the sacking of person involved would probably be the right outcome here.
What kind of American thinks magazines should be shut down for being racist?

The kind of American who thinks hate speech shouldn't be covered by the First Amendment?

Authoritarianism is a growing ideology on Atlas.

Hate speech being covered by the first amendment is absolutely unacceptable. Authoritarian is good, if libertarians had their way people would be running amok and there'd be mass riots and violence, due to there being no rules.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 129  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies