The White House
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 09:55:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The White House
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15
Author Topic: The White House  (Read 40550 times)
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: November 05, 2009, 12:32:40 PM »

I feel, that perhaps an amendment could be made that allows the SoIA and SoEA to introduce legislation, (Not vote on it, of course), just a suggestion and open for debate.

I presume that any Secretary's legislation would be adopted by a Senator for introduction (failing that there's always the 20th Amendment). Any legislation though which a Secretary produced and Senators refused to sponsor, would presumably have no chance of passing anyway.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #126 on: November 05, 2009, 12:44:35 PM »

I feel, that perhaps an amendment could be made that allows the SoIA and SoEA to introduce legislation, (Not vote on it, of course), just a suggestion and open for debate.

I presume that any Secretary's legislation would be adopted by a Senator for introduction (failing that there's always the 20th Amendment). Any legislation though which a Secretary produced and Senators refused to sponsor, would presumably have no chance of passing anyway.

I'd say that we would only be to submit legislation relative to our departments; I'm fine with the "status quo" either way, but I have a few legislation ideas that I would like to submit, if any Senator is willing.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #127 on: November 05, 2009, 12:54:12 PM »

I'd say that we would only be to submit legislation relative to our departments; I'm fine with the "status quo" either way, but I have a few legislation ideas that I would like to submit, if any Senator is willing.

Go ahead and post them, I'm sure someone will pick them up.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #128 on: November 05, 2009, 01:24:44 PM »

Go ahead and post them, I'm sure someone will pick them up.

Got it. I'll do so this afternoon.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #129 on: November 06, 2009, 09:18:56 AM »

I will now hereby reassume the duties of the office of President of Atlasia. Thank you Mr. Vice President for the outstanding job you did in my absence.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #130 on: November 06, 2009, 10:43:29 AM »

I will now hereby reassume the duties of the office of President of Atlasia. Thank you Mr. Vice President for the outstanding job you did in my absence.

You left the country in the hands of a Sigma Chi?   Roll Eyes  Wink
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #131 on: November 06, 2009, 01:39:46 PM »

Welcome back, Mr. President.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #132 on: November 06, 2009, 01:49:15 PM »

Welcome back, Mr. President, and thank you.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #133 on: November 09, 2009, 09:49:59 AM »

I have returned from my trip and will be working in the DOEA later today.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #134 on: November 11, 2009, 11:59:00 PM »

Is the Attorney General going to prosecute RowanBrandon again?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #135 on: November 16, 2009, 11:49:54 PM »

In the next few days I will be visiting the city of Albuquerque, to meet with locals and assure them of my administration's commitment to restore normalcy to the region. Hopefully the Governor Meeker will be able to join me.

Next week I plan to travel to Europe, to meet with European allies and re-assure them of Atlasia's commitment to multilateral international problem solving and peace. 
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #136 on: November 16, 2009, 11:57:10 PM »

In the next few days I will be visiting the city of Albuquerque, to meet with locals and assure them of my administration's commitment to restore normalcy to the region. Hopefully the Governor Meeker will be able to join me.

I'll join you too, I've been making frequent trips to the area. The citizens of New Mexico need some reassurances on the stability of the region.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #137 on: November 17, 2009, 10:46:09 PM »

I will be happy to join President Lief in New Mexico so that he too can see that there is no crisis in the state.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #138 on: November 17, 2009, 10:48:56 PM »

I will be happy to join President Lief in New Mexico so that he too can see that there is no crisis in the state.

As the regional Senator, I have to follow you to New Mexico.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #139 on: November 19, 2009, 04:54:29 PM »

Wait! There's more!

I don't give you permission to post this PM!
I will demand you are prosecuted.
I demand that Al is prosecuted
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #140 on: November 20, 2009, 11:07:35 AM »

Just giving everyone a head's up, but from today through next Sunday I'll have extremely limited internet access, because of Thanksgiving travel plans. If I'm needed for any Vice Presidenting it might take a day or so.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #141 on: November 20, 2009, 11:28:44 AM »

Just giving everyone a head's up, but from today through next Sunday I'll have extremely limited internet access, because of Thanksgiving travel plans. If I'm needed for any Vice Presidenting it might take a day or so.

But what if there is a coup and we assassinate Lief?  Will you be available to be sworn in?  (Hint Hint)   Wink
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #142 on: November 20, 2009, 11:48:31 AM »

But what if there is a coup and we assassinate Lief?  Will you be available to be sworn in?  (Hint Hint)   Wink

As SOEA I may be able to live a military coup Wink hinthint
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #143 on: November 20, 2009, 08:14:34 PM »

I would like to register a small formal complaint about the professional conduct of the Attorney General. That is all.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #144 on: November 22, 2009, 04:42:56 AM »

Mr. President,

I hereby resign the position as Chief Justice and my seat on the Supreme Court of Atlasia effective upon the confirmation of my sucessor.  It has been an honor to serve on the bench these last two years but I think it is time for a change--for myself, the court, and the country. Should you require any advice as to who should follow me, I am at your service.

Dave bless Atlasia,

Bullmoose88, CJ
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #145 on: November 22, 2009, 04:43:57 AM »

Mr. President,

I hereby resign the position as Chief Justice and my seat on the Supreme Court of Atlasia effective upon the confirmation of my sucessor.  It has been an honor to serve on the bench these last two years but I think it is time for a change--for myself, the court, and the country. Should you require any advice as to who should follow me, I am at your service.

Dave bless Atlasia,

Bullmoose88, CJ

Nooooooooooooo!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #146 on: November 22, 2009, 04:49:51 AM »

I'm stunned, BM. I'm quite sad to see you go, this was really unexpected. I wish you the best in your future endeavors.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #147 on: November 22, 2009, 05:22:44 AM »

Best Wishes, Mr. Chief Justice.  It has been an honor to serve with you.
J. opebo
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #148 on: November 22, 2009, 11:16:56 AM »

Best Wishes, Mr. Chief Justice.  It has been an honor to serve with you.
J. opebo

Same here.

J. Sam Spade
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #149 on: November 22, 2009, 12:35:59 PM »

You have been an efficient and clear-minded Chief Justice. It is sad to see you go.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies