The White House
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:21:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The White House
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15
Author Topic: The White House  (Read 40183 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 03, 2009, 10:13:47 PM »

Welcome to the White House. I will be the President here until my term ends, I am tragically assassinated, or the Senate decides to impeach me.

Announcements regarding my cabinet are forth-coming. My Vice President, Sen. Bacon King, should be sworn within the next few days.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 12:56:22 AM »

Probably not the best place to post this, but anyway:

Congratulations on your election, no matter how much I may have wished that the outcome were different. Hopefully this will be a good presidency.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 01:56:45 AM »

As I have expressed in private already, congratulations on your victory. I look forward to working with you on a progressive and reform-minded agenda for Atlasia.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 02:06:10 PM »

Congrats, although we hardly ever agree I believe we have a mutual respect for each other and have done well working together to get things done.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 03:05:30 PM »

Congrats and best of luck to you again friend! I hope this is a great presidency.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 04:49:45 PM »

VP here, just signing in.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2009, 06:57:00 PM »

I offer congratulations as well and hope we can make this a good Senate term.

And while I don't mean to rush you (well I guess I kinda do) when are you going to announce your selections so that we can get about appointing them?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2009, 08:12:02 PM »

As soon as I've finished talking to everyone I need to talk to. Unfortunately, I didn't know whether or not I'd be President until about 48 hours ago, so my discussions about cabinet appointments had been rather preliminary until then.

That said, I hope to announce tomorrow.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 01:26:24 PM »

Good afternoon friends. Today I'll be announcing my picks for the cabinet. The four people I have selected all have a strong record of service and hard work. Two of my choices are Atlasians that are already serving in their respective positions; I have been impressed with the work done by both of them and see no reason to change things. The other two will be brand new to their positions, but I am confident that they will do well. My cabinet picks are as follows:

Attorney General: Former President Bgwah
Secretary of External Affairs: Former Senator HappyWarrior
Secretary of Forum Affairs: SoFA EarlAW
Game Moderator: GM BrandonH

Thank you.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2009, 06:37:56 PM »

Just a short statement:

I'm glad that the Senate has unanimously and quickly confirmed my cabinet picks. It's good to know that the Senate has the same confidence in the competency and work ethic of my appointments as I do. I know they'll all do an admirable job.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2009, 06:43:22 PM »

I will be away for the weekend. Please don't go to war with other countries while I'm gone.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2009, 10:42:10 PM »

I will be away for the weekend. Please don't go to war with other countries while I'm gone.

DAMN! why not?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2009, 08:36:15 PM »

No promises. Honduras seems really open right now. Just saying.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2009, 03:46:43 PM »

I will be nominating Senator Purple State for the office of GM. During his time in the Senate he has championed the causes of game and GM reform and I feel he will do a fantastic job in the post.

Thank you.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2009, 03:30:09 PM »

PRESS CONFERENCE!

Hello everyone. I have a few things to say today.

First of all, I'd like to congratulate the winners of this weekend's Senate elections. Franzl, Afleitch, Fritz, and Marokai Blue have all been very capable Senators, and I'm happy to see them returned. I also wish Senator-elect RowanBrandon luck, and hope to work with him for the good of the Atlasian people. Now that the Senate elections have concluded, I will continue moving forward on my reform agenda to turn around the Atlasian economy and strengthen working Atlasian families.

Turning to some less happy news, I am deeply, deeply disappointed in the court's recent ruling in Peter v. Atlasia. The LGB Dignity Act was an important piece of legislation that would have prevented countless young men and women from being psychologically and emotionally damaged by fraudulent institutions. It's unfortunate that the court struck it down. I hope the Senate takes action to regulate these anti-gay institutions somehow.

Lastly, I would like today to announce my administration's support for a plebiscite in Western Sahara on independence. I have long supported the principle of self-determination, and if the people of Western Sahara wish to govern themselves, they should be given the opportunity to democratically decide so.

Thank you.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2009, 02:45:27 PM »

I hereby pardon Devilman88. He has served over a month of his punishment so far and I believe that to be enough, as his crime was not malicious and he has indicated to me that he wants to continue to contribute to Atlasia (and has done so in the past).
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2009, 02:50:04 PM »

I hereby pardon Devilman88. He has served over a month of his punishment so far and I believe that to be enough, as his crime was not malicious and he has indicated to me that he wants to continue to contribute to Atlasia (and has done so in the past).

Mr. President, I believe you've made a good decision on this matter. As Devilman's attorney during his criminal trial, I fought to prevent a conviction in the first place, but this is the next best thing.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2009, 03:12:24 PM »

Thank you, Mr. President. Smiley I also think you made an excellent decision.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2009, 03:59:00 PM »

I approve of your decision, Lief.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2009, 04:16:18 PM »

As do I. I agree with your assessment that his crime was not intended to be malicious.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2009, 04:51:13 PM »

As do I. I agree with your assessment that his crime was not intended to be malicious.

^^^^^

This
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2009, 04:56:36 PM »

(sigh)

Reading the Constitution, this type of move could lead to interesting litigation down the road.

Of course, maybe I'm wrong.  Especially since no one ever seems much interested in reading the Constitution.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2009, 04:56:38 PM »

^^^^^

This

I fully agree with the above statements.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2009, 05:02:28 PM »

Well done, he deserved it.

(sigh)

Reading the Constitution, this type of move could lead to interesting litigation down the road.

Of course, maybe I'm wrong.  Especially since no one ever seems much interested in reading the Constitution.

Certainly not! I didn't think such a case would interest you, since it's not another opportunity for you to justify your homophobia in wordy legalese.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2009, 05:12:24 PM »

(sigh)

How so, Justice Sam?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies