Poll about Mitt Romney
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 11:55:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Poll about Mitt Romney
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Poll
Question: Which of these three best describes Mitt Romney?
Mitt Romney was born great

Mitt Romney had greatness thrust upon him

Mitt Romney achieved greatness

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 76

Author Topic: Poll about Mitt Romney  (Read 20407 times)
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: December 21, 2009, 09:11:29 PM »

To think Romney would do well in the Northeast, well, is just stupid. Romney, has no backbone at all and will bend to anyone's will. When he was governor he bent for the Liberals, when he ran in the primaries he tried to bend for the conservatives. This guy will do anything to get elected. Also, it will be a great day to see Romney get destroyed in the primaries.
If everyone thinks Romney is so bad and won't win any base, why is he leading the polls? Why did he take 2nd in 2008, and actually had a chance to win. Because honestly, if Romney had won 2/3 in New Hampshire, Florida, and Iowa, he would have won the nomination,

The same reason why Hilliary took 2nd in the Democratic Primary but alot of Democrats hate her. Also,  Romney isn't leading the polls, Huckabee is.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #76 on: December 21, 2009, 09:15:41 PM »

To think Romney would do well in the Northeast, well, is just stupid. Romney, has no backbone at all and will bend to anyone's will. When he was governor he bent for the Liberals, when he ran in the primaries he tried to bend for the conservatives. This guy will do anything to get elected. Also, it will be a great day to see Romney get destroyed in the primaries.
If everyone thinks Romney is so bad and won't win any base, why is he leading the polls? Why did he take 2nd in 2008, and actually had a chance to win. Because honestly, if Romney had won 2/3 in New Hampshire, Florida, and Iowa, he would have won the nomination,

The same reason why Hilliary took 2nd in the Democratic Primary but alot of Democrats hate her. Also,  Romney isn't leading the polls, Huckabee is.

Why do you care? You're going to vote to re-elect anyway.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #77 on: December 21, 2009, 09:16:45 PM »
« Edited: December 21, 2009, 09:19:51 PM by Northeast Representative-elect ZombieLibertas »

In his defense, much of it was due to Republicans being unpopular nationwide. In May `06, his approval rating was 46%. The way his numbers changed were similar to George H. W. Bush: They were high at the beginning, became average, plummeted at the end, but recovered when he was out of office.
Yes, Bay Staters may not have liked Republicans overall, but the results were fueled primarily by disapproval of Romney and his management of the state. He pretty much destroyed the local Republican party, which is outnumbered 7 to 1 in the state senate, and 9 to 1 in the state House.
Once again, you're just making assumptions based on no factual evidence. Romney must have been somewhat popular in Massachusetts. He easily won the primary there.

Mitt Romney only won the Massachusetts primary over John McCain by 10 points. That's far from a landslide win in one's home state primary. He would also have absolutely zero percent chance of swinging Massachusetts to the Republicans in the general.

Romney is not a popular figure in New England or anywhere in the Northeast. That is a myth.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #78 on: December 21, 2009, 09:18:31 PM »

No, I'm not. Obama, isn't the same Obama that he campaigned as.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2009, 09:19:25 PM »

Yes he is
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #80 on: December 21, 2009, 09:25:06 PM »

Yes he is

No he isn't.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2009, 09:27:49 PM »

Yes he is

No he isn't.

You're right, he has been less liberal. He didn't get universal health care or any of that. we got the stimulus but not the withdrawl of troops. What were you honestly exxpecting?
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2009, 09:32:12 PM »

Yes he is

No he isn't.

You're right, he has been less liberal. He didn't get universal health care or any of that. we got the stimulus but not the withdrawl of troops. What were you honestly exxpecting?

Someone who was going to work with both parties to get things done, someone who would not be like the same old same old washington thug. I amit, I shouldn't have voted for him, I should have saw the real Obama, but I didn't.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2009, 09:38:30 PM »

Yes he is

No he isn't.

Someone who was going to work with both parties to get things done, someone who would not be like the same old same old washington thug. I amit, I shouldn't have voted for him, I should have saw the real Obama, but I didn't.
You actually believed that crap?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2009, 09:41:08 PM »

Yes he is

No he isn't.

He believes the lies about Romney, so I don't see why he wouldn't beleive every little thing he's seen on TV.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2009, 09:44:11 PM »

Yes he is

No he isn't.

I did, yes..
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2009, 09:45:01 PM »

Yes he is

No he isn't.

I did, yes..
Well, it looks like you've partially seen the light. Now you just need to support Romney, and you'll be good to go. Cheesy
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2009, 09:48:39 PM »

Yes he is

No he isn't.

I did, yes..
Well, it looks like you've partially seen the light. Now you just need to support Romney, and you'll be good to go. Cheesy

That will not happen, he is like a use car sales man. Smiley Right now I support Gary Johnson Smiley...
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2009, 09:50:25 PM »

That will not happen, he is like a use car sales man. Smiley Right now I support Gary Johnson Smiley...
Gary Johnson = The most overrated politician in America. (I like him, but his support is being overestimated)
Well, back in January `08, I was convinced Hillary was the anti-christ, and would do anything to stop her. I was strongly rooting for Obama in the leadoff states. But just a month or so later, I started rooting for Hillary, and now I consider myself a supporter of her. Wink
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2009, 09:52:22 PM »

Gary Johnson = The most overrated politician in America. (I like him, but his support is being overestimated)
Well, back in January `08, I was convinced Hillary was the anti-christ, and would do anything to stop her. I was strongly rooting for Obama in the leadoff states. But just a month or so later, I started rooting for Hillary, and now I consider myself a supporter of her. Wink

Well, right now Gary Johnson is the only one I like.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2009, 09:54:55 PM »
« Edited: December 21, 2009, 09:56:42 PM by Northeast Representative-elect ZombieLibertas »

How is Gary Johnson overrated? The mainstream establishment likes to pretend he doesn't even exist.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #91 on: December 21, 2009, 09:55:43 PM »

How is Gary Johnson overrated? The mainstream establishment likes to pretend he doesn't even exist?
My apologies.. When I posted that, I was thinking here on Atlas.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2009, 09:58:03 PM »

Gary Johnson is a good guy, but he has no chance of winning.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2009, 09:58:49 PM »

Gary Johnson is a good guy, but he has no chance of winning.
Says who?
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #94 on: December 21, 2009, 10:00:52 PM »

Says logic.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #95 on: December 21, 2009, 10:02:45 PM »

Really, logic predicts the outcome of the 2012 election?
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #96 on: December 21, 2009, 10:14:13 PM »

This thread is so much fun to read Cheesy
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #97 on: December 21, 2009, 10:30:24 PM »

Anyone with half a brain can realize that Gary Johnson won't win the GOP nomination. Anyone who thinks other wise is deluding themselves.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #98 on: December 21, 2009, 10:30:30 PM »

You killed it, jerk...
Wink
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #99 on: December 21, 2009, 10:31:17 PM »

Anyone with half a brain can realize that Gary Johnson won't win the GOP nomination. Anyone who thinks other wise is deluding themselves.

But those with a whole brain think otherwise. Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies