Thursday Republican National Convention running commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 05:17:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Thursday Republican National Convention running commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Thursday Republican National Convention running commentary thread  (Read 9656 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2008, 09:25:06 PM »

Attacking women... thats nice.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2008, 09:25:32 PM »

I agree.  That was good.  Might help.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2008, 09:25:42 PM »

Enough with the trash. Really.
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2008, 09:25:46 PM »
« Edited: September 04, 2008, 09:27:29 PM by Stop Sarah Palin »

I'm sure woman are going to love the image of John McCain disrespecting woman like that.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2008, 09:26:54 PM »

I wonder what its like to live without having a single objective thought.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2008, 09:28:10 PM »

Is it your objective opinion that Eraserhead goes through life without a single objective thought? Smiley
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2008, 09:28:58 PM »

I wouldn't know... maybe I should ask you?
Ty440
GoldenBoy
United States

« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2008, 09:29:51 PM »

EH.. So far a C.....  God D**n Protestors  ...This is  the  type of crowd that supports the other side......
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2008, 09:30:07 PM »

Okay, now I am getting pissed at CNN.  They keep showing the handful of protesters.

I'm sorry, but those people are worthless.  If I interrupted them, they would go on for hours about how I was "taking away their free speech," obviously they have no problem breaking in and interrupting legitimate political discourse.

Those few protestors are more patriotic than any of the rich bigots below them (except McCain, of course). They have a right to free speech, and I'm surprised they showed them on TV. I love how the automatons started to scream "USA, USA" to drown out said free speech. The idea that Jesus and the GOP aren't the answer to everything unsettles them. The 1st Amendment means nothing to these people. All they need or care about is the 2nd one.

I watched the first couple minutes of McCain's speech but turned it off when he was going on about his wife. Thats all I will have seen of the RNC. I watched all of Obama's speech and a little of Hillary's. There's really no reason to watch them since they are the nominees already. Both parties would save a lot of money by not having them.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2008, 09:30:21 PM »

He does look 10-15 years younger with the makeup and the lighting. Still playing on the reformer aspect of the brand, being not particularly harsh to Obama, unlike last night's speakers.

I fought....
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2008, 09:30:21 PM »

Is it your objective opinion that Eraserhead goes through life without a single objective thought? Smiley

Objectively?  Yes.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2008, 09:31:10 PM »

And we have the right to have a convention.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2008, 09:31:44 PM »

Okay, now I am getting pissed at CNN.  They keep showing the handful of protesters.

I'm sorry, but those people are worthless.  If I interrupted them, they would go on for hours about how I was "taking away their free speech," obviously they have no problem breaking in and interrupting legitimate political discourse.

Those few protestors are more patriotic than any of the rich bigots below them (except McCain, of course). They have a right to free speech, and I'm surprised they showed them on TV. I love how the automatons started to scream "USA, USA" to drown out said free speech. The idea that Jesus and the GOP aren't the answer to everything unsettles them. The 1st Amendment means nothing to these people. All they need or care about is the 2nd one.

I watched the first couple minutes of McCain's speech but turned it off when he was going on about his wife. Thats all I will have seen of the RNC. I watched all of Obama's speech and a little of Hillary's. There's really no reason to watch them since they are the nominees already. Both parties would save a lot of money by not having them.

Peaceful protest is one thing, but they are disrupting a speech now. Should McCain just stop and allow them to shout insults at him? Give me a break.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2008, 09:32:13 PM »

You never hear about Democrats complaining about protests and free speech. Its only one party that is bothered by it.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2008, 09:32:36 PM »

The pundits....  going after another unpopular national institution. Wraps it around to the war.

He's on message.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2008, 09:33:15 PM »

Yes... they have a right to free speech... no... they should not be expressing it at the convention. They can go outside. I know you know that, stop trying to be cute.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2008, 09:33:37 PM »

Peaceful protest is one thing, but they are disrupting a speech now. Should McCain just stop and allow them to shout insults at him? Give me a break.

No, but I didn't like Supersoulty saying they were worthless. They were FF to me.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2008, 09:33:48 PM »

EH.. So far a C.....  God D**n Protestors  ...This is  the  type of crowd that supports the other side......

Don't worry. They are not the majority, never will be. If "the other side" wins, and that's certainly not even an overwhelming favorite at this point, it will be because much more reasonable people put them over the top- and will check them from going too far. I would say the same for the GOP, but there's the problem that too oft repeated success creates hubris- as well as the matter of the Courts.
Ty440
GoldenBoy
United States

« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2008, 09:33:59 PM »

Hey Pim Fortuyn  are you a typical white person clinging to your guns and religion?  Do you Say god bless or america  or god da*n america..When was the first time in your adult life that you were proud of your country??
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2008, 09:34:25 PM »

You're having one.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2008, 09:34:34 PM »

I love how you defend breaking into a place and interrupting someone will they are speaking by saying that the people doing the interrupting are just being good free speech patriots.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2008, 09:34:42 PM »

More empty words.

Still no issues. Still no plans. Still no substance.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2008, 09:34:53 PM »

You never hear about Democrats complaining about protests and free speech. Its only one party that is bothered by it.

That's because most Republicans don't protest. The only ones at the Democrats conventions were anarchists.
JohnCA246
mokbubble

« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2008, 09:35:34 PM »

....protesters were asking for it.  I agree CNN should have not shown them.  Encourages people to sabotage things.

This speech is really boring though.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2008, 09:36:04 PM »

More empty words.

Still no issues. Still no plans. Still no substance.

You do realize that there are going to be debates, right?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies