Sarah Palin's daughter IS pregnant, actually
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 12:53:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Sarah Palin's daughter IS pregnant, actually
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11
Author Topic: Sarah Palin's daughter IS pregnant, actually  (Read 15000 times)
Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: 2.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: September 01, 2008, 05:12:55 PM »

And who says the "culture wars" are dead and dying?  Smiley

Ugh they should be. Especially on something like sex-ed when it is stunningly clear it leads to less pregnancies. Of course the beef social cons have with it is that it seems to condone promiscuity. But see personally I would just like less abortions and ruined lives. I guess you can't change religious people's mind though.

You're busy painting a picture of Palin as some extreme right-wing theocon, but are you aware she is pro-contraceptives and a member of Feminists for Life?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #226 on: September 01, 2008, 05:13:16 PM »

I am just saying that her position is wrong and it is a bit ironic that it was her daughter that proved her wrong.

Her daughter proved premarital sex is good, not bad?

HUH??? She proved it is bad I guess but what is really bad is not using protection and getting pregnant. Now she is the daughter of a governor and possibly VP so she won't have a lot of problems raising her child. But other girls who are in her situation and choose to have the baby are much more likely to not go to college and thus are screwed for the rest of their lives.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #227 on: September 01, 2008, 05:13:58 PM »

Ugh they should be. Especially on something like sex-ed when it is stunningly clear it leads to less pregnancies. Of course the beef social cons have with it is that it seems to condone promiscuity. But see personally I would just like less abortions and ruined lives. I guess you can't change religious people's mind though.

I agree with you.  But a lot of people don't.  Henceforth this.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #228 on: September 01, 2008, 05:14:19 PM »

Sarah Palin is a hypocrite because her daughter disobeyed her.  Um, OK.

That's what I said.  This instance is different than if Bristol had been 12 or 14.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #229 on: September 01, 2008, 05:15:21 PM »

You're busy painting a picture of Palin as some extreme right-wing theocon, but are you aware she is pro-contraceptives and a member of Feminists for Life?

But if you don't teach that to kids it leads to more teenage prenancies. It is just fact. And like I said maybe Bristol's birth control failed or something so I definetly don't want to go personal here.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #230 on: September 01, 2008, 05:15:37 PM »

Well Sam, looks like you're wrong about the MSM not touching this.  Wolf couldn't get enough of it on CNN today - kept going back to it.

I'm surprised.  I thought it would have been MSNBC.

It will be an sbane abstinence only education is nutter hit 24/7 until the issue dies. The opposition isn't stupid.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #231 on: September 01, 2008, 05:18:29 PM »

I am just saying that her position is wrong and it is a bit ironic that it was her daughter that proved her wrong. Of course Palin's dumbass position on sex-ed will lead to other pregnancies and abortions we will never hear of.

OK, sbane, that does it. Palin is wrong with her abstinence only sex education ideas, giving my own little secular humanism libertine biases on these small matters of coital satisfaction. I'm voting for Obama. Heck I know what is important, and what isn't. That is why they pay me the big bucks. Smiley

Now I would not want to change your vote just based on this. It might push some of those on the fence of course. But hey considering how far Obama is moving to the right on economics, I am pretty sure you can afford to vote for him yeah? I mean you do have to factor in the war in Iran while making these decisions.  That must lead to more "taxes" on your marginal rate. Oh wait inflation doesn't work like that. Smiley
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #232 on: September 01, 2008, 05:19:09 PM »

What can you say?

Every political family has its disappointment -- Billy Carter, Ron Reagan, Neil Bush, Hugh Rodham, and now, Slut Daughter of VP.

I suppose it plays into Obama's contention that he didn't want his daughter to be cursed with a baby.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #233 on: September 01, 2008, 05:19:49 PM »

Well Sam, looks like you're wrong about the MSM not touching this.  Wolf couldn't get enough of it on CNN today - kept going back to it.

I'm surprised.  I thought it would have been MSNBC.

It will be an sbane abstinence only education is nutter hit 24/7 until the issue dies. The opposition isn't stupid.

That would make sense.
Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: 2.43

« Reply #234 on: September 01, 2008, 05:25:36 PM »

But if you don't teach that to kids it leads to more teenage prenancies. It is just fact. And like I said maybe Bristol's birth control failed or something so I definetly don't want to go personal here.
But understand that one of the core beliefs of a conservative individualist is that the State should not usurp the authority of parents. Palin has never said she thinks children shouldn't be taught about sex and contraceptives, but that the teachers should be the parents instead of public schools (i.e., the State). As you have stated, since we don't know all the facts we cannot say whether Palin's beliefs have been proven wrong or not.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #235 on: September 01, 2008, 05:32:01 PM »

Stay classy, Atlas forum.
classical liberal
RightWingNut

Political Matrix
E: 9.35, S: -8.26

« Reply #236 on: September 01, 2008, 05:57:10 PM »

Will there be a shotgun wedding (I assume that Mr. Palin owns a shotgun)?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #237 on: September 01, 2008, 06:09:58 PM »

16 pages already? lol.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #238 on: September 01, 2008, 06:38:26 PM »

I still want to know if anyone feels that this ought to be relevant in the campaign.

the 'open minded' liberals will think this a huge issue.

they will be riding their moral high horse.

those disgusting people are more self righteous than any religious person ive ever met.

And remember these make up most Obama supporters and you'll be lumping yourself with them unless you vote for McCain.

the disgusting way the obama campaign and supporters have treated palin and her child is pushing me to vote mccain.

why does obama hate women so much?  hell women raised him...after his daddy fled to impregnate more women on different continents.

Gonna respond to Chris's post in a bit.  But Walter, I just spent half an hour watching Bill Bennett on CNN praising Barack Obama for his strong, "family are off limits" statement.  Obama has done nothing wrong on this issue.  That some -- very, very few actually -- of his backers have mentioned it is unfortunate.  But he can't control everything that every Obama backer or surrogate says.'

In fact, he said today that if anyone on his staff brings up the teenage girl, they will be fired.  I take him at his word.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #239 on: September 01, 2008, 06:43:52 PM »

I still want to know if anyone feels that this ought to be relevant in the campaign.

the 'open minded' liberals will think this a huge issue.

they will be riding their moral high horse.

those disgusting people are more self righteous than any religious person ive ever met.

And remember these make up most Obama supporters and you'll be lumping yourself with them unless you vote for McCain.

the disgusting way the obama campaign and supporters have treated palin and her child is pushing me to vote mccain.

why does obama hate women so much?  hell women raised him...after his daddy fled to impregnate more women on different continents.

I think this is the point.

Complete Spin:

Look at dear sweet Sarah Palin.  She a mother that loves her daughter and supports her daughter.  She takes care of her disabled child.  Her values are good and pure.  

Look at those nasty, evil Democrats attacking her.  They hate women.  Look what they did, stealing the election from that nice Hillary Clinton.  The don't want women to come up in the world.  They hate motherhood, women, and nice people.

We don't need mean people like Obama and Biden running the country.  We need nice people like that kind Sarah Palin and someone grandfatherly, like that heroic John McCain.

Now, I'll turn off the spin.

I would not be surprised to find out in six months that a Republican operative set up the Daily Kos story, just to get the issue out and frame it.  Yes, I am that cynical and Machiavellian.  

Actually JJ, that the Kos story was a Rove plant has already been posited on a couple of blogs, left and right.  And I agree.

Fortunately, Obama is not taking the bait.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #240 on: September 01, 2008, 06:46:54 PM »

Conspiracy theories of conspiracy theories?  My head is spinning.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #241 on: September 01, 2008, 06:49:44 PM »

It is nobody's business.  If Palin were knocked up with some other guy's kid, it wouldn't be our business...until she started preaching family values and condeming John Edwards, etc.

But this is her child.  It's off limits.  End of discussion.

BS, JSojourner!

BS!

I love you man, but you're getting awful unreasonable.

The conservative creed is that you should not have a baby until you get married.

The conservative creed is that conservative mothers should teach abstinence!

This is a big hit to the McCain campaign. Period.

Hi Chris!

I just wanted to be sure to respond to you because I always value your input.  I can't believe what I am saying, but I am taking a cue from Bill Bennett here.  Tonight on CNN he said, "if liberals want to make Palin's support for abstinence only education an issue, they should.  It's fair game.  What they shouldn't do is use a teenage girl to make their point".

I couldn't possibly agree more.  And I think even Republicans will agree that Senator Obama has really taken the high road here in saying family -- children, especially -- are off limits.  

Let's frame it another way.  If curbing alcohol consumtion were a big Bush issue, we could argue the issue with him...without having to use his daughters as a club.

I do draw a somewhat more thorny line where sexual dalliances and affairs of adults are concerned.  Those are also none of our business.  UNLESS the person having the affair lied about it under oath (Clinton) or positioned themself as an abiter of morality and family values (Gingrich, Livingston, Foley, Craig, Vitter, Chenoweth, Bunn...etc etc etc.)

But this is a child we are talking about.

Oh -- And I completely agree that the Palin family deserves major kudos for supporting the girl and helping her choose to bring it to term.  I only wish other young women in crisis pregnancies had such wonderful support.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #242 on: September 01, 2008, 06:51:15 PM »

So many of these people are absolute scum. I have no problem calling them like I see them. They are absolute hypocrites.

Who's been behaving like filth over this, other than the trolls?
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #243 on: September 01, 2008, 06:53:20 PM »

Actually JJ, that the Kos story was a Rove plant has already been posited on a couple of blogs, left and right.  And I agree.

The Kos "story" had been kicking around up in Alaska since around the time Governor Palin announced she was pregnant.  Karl Rove (or whomever) would have had to have known then that Senator McCain would pick Sarah Palin as his veep.  Not likely.

By the way, the all-powerful Karl Rove is not the dark overlord behind the McCain campaign.  Steve Schmidt is.  Credit (or blame) should be given where it's due.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #244 on: September 01, 2008, 06:55:23 PM »

The Kos "story" had been kicking around up in Alaska since around the time Governor Palin announced she was pregnant.  Karl Rove (or whomever) would have had to have known then that Senator McCain would pick Sarah Palin as his veep.  Not likely.

By the way, the all-powerful Karl Rove is not the dark overlord behind the McCain campaign.  Steve Schmidt is.  Credit (or blame) should be given where it's due.

Isn't Schmidt a Rove soldier? 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #245 on: September 01, 2008, 06:57:52 PM »

So many of these people are absolute scum. I have no problem calling them like I see them. They are absolute hypocrites.

We must have a lot of trolls then.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #246 on: September 01, 2008, 07:02:16 PM »

Point out the posts you find filthy that weren't also called out as trolls by the Dems, then.

If you're going to call people filth, do it by name.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #247 on: September 01, 2008, 07:04:03 PM »

Will there be a shotgun wedding (I assume that Mr. Palin owns a shotgun)?

Heck, I'm assuming Sarah has a shotgun.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #248 on: September 01, 2008, 07:04:10 PM »

Point out the posts you find filthy that weren't also called out as trolls by the Dems, then.

If you're going to call people filth, do it by name.

I'm not combing through this seventeen page thread to find every insult and every bit of amusement at this news. You and several others have responded in a responsible, mature manner. I can't say that for many others.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #249 on: September 01, 2008, 07:04:58 PM »

Hopefully it will reach my 600-post "bitter and clinging" thread of this April... Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies