Sarah Palin's daughter IS pregnant, actually
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:21:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Sarah Palin's daughter IS pregnant, actually
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11
Author Topic: Sarah Palin's daughter IS pregnant, actually  (Read 15060 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: September 01, 2008, 04:26:03 PM »

I should mention that I thought Obama's response on this front was well nigh excellent.

Yep, unlike his filth supporters.

Every once in a while I try to obey the rule - "If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing."  Difficult sometimes.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #201 on: September 01, 2008, 04:27:36 PM »

I should mention that I thought Obama's response on this front was well nigh excellent.

Every once in a while I try to obey the rule - "If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing."  Difficult sometimes.

So many of these people are absolute scum. I have no problem calling them like I see them. They are absolute hypocrites.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #202 on: September 01, 2008, 04:27:55 PM »

So much for those conservative values, huh?

I thought you weren't supposed to have a baby until you were married?

Yes, when a child runs off and gets pregnant it is always the parents fault.

This deserves better than a glib answer. Do you not deny that conservatives have blamed a LOT of today's ills, including teenage pregnancy, low graduation rates, juvenile crime, etc. on bad parenting?

I don't deny that, but I also don't deny that some of that is bullsh**t.
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #203 on: September 01, 2008, 04:33:44 PM »

It is nobody's business.  If Palin were knocked up with some other guy's kid, it wouldn't be our business...until she started preaching family values and condeming John Edwards, etc.

But this is her child.  It's off limits.  End of discussion.

There might have already been a better response to this, but when a public official makes it her business to insert herself into the lives of her constituents and their children by pushing an ideological opposition to sex education in schools, doesn't that kind of open up for scrutiny her own teaching of sex ed at home?
Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: 2.43

« Reply #204 on: September 01, 2008, 04:36:33 PM »

It is nobody's business.  If Palin were knocked up with some other guy's kid, it wouldn't be our business...until she started preaching family values and condeming John Edwards, etc.

But this is her child.  It's off limits.  End of discussion.

There might have already been a better response to this, but when a public official makes it her business to insert herself into the lives of her constituents and their children by pushing an ideological opposition to sex education in schools, doesn't that kind of open up for scrutiny her own teaching of sex ed at home?

When did Palin say she opposed sex ed in school?
Citizen James
James42

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -2.78

« Reply #205 on: September 01, 2008, 04:38:25 PM »

So many of these people are absolute scum. I have no problem calling them like I see them. They are absolute hypocrites.

Like the "Obama the terrorist Muslim" rumormongers, they are pretty contemptible.

I think it's the whole "spin the facts to support your point of view" mindset, rather than considering the facts then deciding from there.

Obama's best choice is to continue to focus the campaign on real issues.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #206 on: September 01, 2008, 04:39:29 PM »

Like the "Obama the terrorist Muslim" rumormongers, they are pretty contemptible.

Absolutely. I have always spoken out against that. It really irritates me.
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #207 on: September 01, 2008, 04:40:37 PM »

It is nobody's business.  If Palin were knocked up with some other guy's kid, it wouldn't be our business...until she started preaching family values and condeming John Edwards, etc.

Less than two years ago: http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0908/Palin_opposed_sexed.html

From that article:

Q: "Will you support funding for abstinence-until-marriage education instead of for explicit sex-education programs, school-based clinics, and the distribution of contraceptives in schools?"

Palin: "Yes, the explicit sex-ed programs will not find my support."
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #208 on: September 01, 2008, 04:47:52 PM »

This is a story maybe only because of Palin's resistance to sex-ed programs. Of course we do not know the circumstances under which Bristol got pregnant, so it could be due to bad BCP's or a broken condom. Yet the real point is that republicans always look like hypocrites when something like this happens because they do not practice what they preach. Why the hell is it so hard to teach kids how to be safe and avoid the exact situation Bristol find herself in today. Please do not think I am trying to bash Bristol since she made a very courageous and right choice in keeping the baby. I have more of a problem with her mommy just because of her political position, one which results in more pregnancies than should happen. Conservatives need to understand that the best way to prevent abortions is by making sure the baby is not concieved in the first place. I know they like to pretend we all live in Disneyland but guess what the world ain't so perfect.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #209 on: September 01, 2008, 04:48:35 PM »

Less than two years ago: http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0908/Palin_opposed_sexed.html

From that article:

Q: "Will you support funding for abstinence-until-marriage education instead of for explicit sex-education programs, school-based clinics, and the distribution of contraceptives in schools?"

Palin: "Yes, the explicit sex-ed programs will not find my support."

Yes, this is why this is important, it's been shown that abstinence only sex ed isn't effective. Only somewhere around 10-20% of the population shares Palin's extreme views on this issues. The data shows that more kids end up pregnant with abstinence only sex ed, and her daughter is another data point. Palin wants to force her crazy views on the rest of us, and have more people end up like her daughter.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #210 on: September 01, 2008, 04:48:54 PM »

Yet the real point is that republicans always look like hypocrites when something like this happens because they do not practice what they preach.

I think I missed where Bristol is a self-identified Republican who preaches sexual abstinence.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #211 on: September 01, 2008, 04:49:51 PM »

I think I missed where Bristol is a self-identified Republican who preaches sexual abstinence.

This is about Sarah Palin.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #212 on: September 01, 2008, 04:52:29 PM »

Yet the real point is that republicans always look like hypocrites when something like this happens because they do not practice what they preach.

It's about her mommy idiot. Did you even read what I wrote? I said Bristol was a very courageous young girl with the decision that she made. But see her mom takes political positions that will lead to more unwanted pregnancies. I know conservatives like to preach abstinence but it just doesn't happen. Sorry but the world is not perfect.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #213 on: September 01, 2008, 04:54:11 PM »

Absolutely. I have always spoken out against that. It really irritates me.

So, I'm a little confused. Would it be wrong to attribute this "Obama is a muslim" thing to "McCain supporters" in general? Or would that be a stretch?
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #214 on: September 01, 2008, 04:55:55 PM »

I'm not shocked about Bristol Palin being pregnant, however I'm more so shocked that Daily Kos got something half right. That in itself is an achievement and a half.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #215 on: September 01, 2008, 04:57:21 PM »

Sarah Palin is a hypocrite because her daughter disobeyed her.  Um, OK.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #216 on: September 01, 2008, 04:59:44 PM »

I'm not shocked about Bristol Palin being pregnant, however I'm more so shocked that Daily Kos got something half right. That in itself is an achievement and a half.

It's hardly a first that there is some truth to rumors on DailyKos. For example:

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2006/10/17/174357/85/936/258409
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #217 on: September 01, 2008, 05:00:57 PM »

Sarah's extreme wingnut policies are not effective. The statistics back this up. The last thing this country needs is someone with less experience and more extreme right-wing positions than George Bush. This is why I strongly oppose Sarah Palin.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #218 on: September 01, 2008, 05:01:37 PM »

I am just saying that her position is wrong and it is a bit ironic that it was her daughter that proved her wrong. Of course Palin's dumbass position on sex-ed will lead to other pregnancies and abortions we will never hear of.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #219 on: September 01, 2008, 05:05:32 PM »

And who says the "culture wars" are dead and dying?  Smiley
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #220 on: September 01, 2008, 05:08:46 PM »

Well Sam, looks like you're wrong about the MSM not touching this.  Wolf couldn't get enough of it on CNN today - kept going back to it.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #221 on: September 01, 2008, 05:09:59 PM »

And who says the "culture wars" are dead and dying?  Smiley

Ugh they should be. Especially on something like sex-ed when it is stunningly clear it leads to less pregnancies. Of course the beef social cons have with it is that it seems to condone promiscuity. But see personally I would just like less abortions and ruined lives. I guess you can't change religious people's mind though.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #222 on: September 01, 2008, 05:10:11 PM »

I am just saying that her position is wrong and it is a bit ironic that it was her daughter that proved her wrong.

Her daughter proved premarital sex is good, not bad?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #223 on: September 01, 2008, 05:10:40 PM »

I am just saying that her position is wrong and it is a bit ironic that it was her daughter that proved her wrong. Of course Palin's dumbass position on sex-ed will lead to other pregnancies and abortions we will never hear of.

OK, sbane, that does it. Palin is wrong with her abstinence only sex education ideas, giving my own little secular humanism libertine biases on these small matters of coital satisfaction. I'm voting for Obama. Heck I know what is important, and what isn't. That is why they pay me the big bucks. Smiley
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #224 on: September 01, 2008, 05:12:04 PM »

Well Sam, looks like you're wrong about the MSM not touching this.  Wolf couldn't get enough of it on CNN today - kept going back to it.

I'm surprised.  I thought it would have been MSNBC.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies