Interesting DailyKos article about Palin
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 02:18:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Interesting DailyKos article about Palin
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: Interesting DailyKos article about Palin  (Read 13748 times)
Thomas Jackson
ghostmonkey

Political Matrix
E: 8.77, S: 8.79

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2008, 09:04:18 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Gosh, could that be because the overwhelming majority of ALL babies are born to women under 35?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2008, 09:15:49 PM »

Even if this is all true (which is unlikely for reasons touched on here) this is not a road the Democrats should even think of taking. Abandon all thoughts of playing this game, it's the way to disaster and utter ruin.

Btw, I think it's reasonable to assume that if Palin were the Democratic candidate for VP, DailyKos and so on would be spitting feathers about this. A nice way of working out whether you're going too far, is to imagine what your reaction would be if parties and so on were reversed.

FreeRepublic does crazy sh**t all the time and no one pays any attention to them.

Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #77 on: August 30, 2008, 09:25:47 PM »

I have lost all respect for Daily Kos. That site jumped the shark on May 23, 2008. It is now a grotesque updated version of the Free Republic, only more frightening because it approaches politics from the side I find myself in more agreement with.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #78 on: August 30, 2008, 09:26:19 PM »

I have lost all respect for Daily Kos. That site jumped the shark on May 23, 2008. It is now a grotesque updated version of the Free Republic, only more frightening because it approaches politics from the side I find myself in more agreement with.

Anyone can post a diary there.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #79 on: August 30, 2008, 09:28:36 PM »

And maybe that is part of the problem? This is a recc'd diary. In such situations the community must be self-policing. The DKos community stopped being self-policing a long time ago.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #80 on: August 30, 2008, 09:29:55 PM »

Nevertheless, the site's proprietor doesn't have to allow every conspiracy theorist to post a diary about how Bush eats babies. This is the internet; free speech ends where the owner of whatever website deems fit.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2008, 09:34:26 PM »

And maybe that is part of the problem? This is a recc'd diary. In such situations the community must be self-policing. The DKos community stopped being self-policing a long time ago.

It hasn't been on the recommended list for a while. More recently there was some diary arguing against that first diary. I think you're just out to bash DailyKos.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2008, 09:36:23 PM »

It hasn't been on the recommended list for a while. More recently there was some diary arguing against that first diary. I think you're just out to bash DailyKos.

Well that is good to know. I'm not just out to bash Daily Kos, I still read it. But they go too far at times. Before the Edwards affair was admitted, some people who brought up its possible truthfulness were driven away as trolls.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #83 on: August 30, 2008, 09:49:11 PM »

It is almost beyond comprehension that people here are promoting this smear.

I agree.  This is disgusting and disturbing, and I'm honestly flabbergasted that there are some sporting red avatars propagating this nonsense who I had previously assumed had command of their mental faculties.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2008, 09:50:08 PM »

I also read on DailyKos that 9/11 was an inside job.  They had lots and lots of "proof."

Conspiracy theories about 9/11 are grounds for immediate banning on Daily Kos.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2008, 09:52:35 PM »

I also read on DailyKos that 9/11 was an inside job.  They had lots and lots of "proof."

Conspiracy theories about 9/11 are grounds for immediate banning on Daily Kos.

^^^^

And that's been the policy for years. Don't talk about what you don't know, Mr. Moderate Tongue
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #86 on: August 30, 2008, 10:01:21 PM »

Well that is good to know. I'm not just out to bash Daily Kos, I still read it. But they go too far at times. Before the Edwards affair was admitted, some people who brought up its possible truthfulness were driven away as trolls.

Here is the latter diary.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/8/30/1744/30665
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #87 on: August 30, 2008, 10:10:20 PM »

My understanding is that poster who wrote this was banned, and the post deleted.  Is that correct?
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2008, 10:44:52 PM »
« Edited: August 30, 2008, 10:47:06 PM by cinyc »

\
By the way, since I don't feel like reading through all of that article, someone please tell me how they think Palin's daughter got in and out of a hospital, gave birth and covered up every loose end?

Here's something to go on anyway:

I wonder if these Kos Kids have ever been to Wasilla (doubtful).  It's not some small Alaskan village in the Bush.  It's a suburb/exurb of Anchorage, complete with a Walmart, fast food restaurants and pretty much everything else you'd expect to find in any suburban/exurban town.  The Mat-Su borough (of which Wasilla is a subdivision) is one of the fastest-growing  in Alaska and has a population of over 80,000.  (Despite being 40+ miles away from downtown Anchorage, the Mat-Su Valley is the closest area to Anchorage with a lot of buildable land.  Anchorage itself is hemmed in by Army and Air Force bases to the north, the Chugach Mountains to the east and Cook Inlet to the west and south).

The Mat-Su Regional Medical Center is probably as equipped to deal with complicated pregnancies as any other suburban/exurban hospital.  Heck, in some places, modern suburban hospitals are better equipped to deal with medical issues than older urban ones.  And besides, her OB/GYN presumably would be there and not necessarily in some downtown Anchorage hospital.

This garbage makes no sense.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2008, 10:48:08 PM »
« Edited: August 30, 2008, 10:49:53 PM by Verily »

Looking at an image on Google Maps... color me unimpressed by Wasilla. Exurb by Alaska standards is not exurb by California standards. It's not a "bush village", but it's certainly not a location of any significance whatsoever.

Unrelated to the topic at hand, I know, other than the most recent post. Let's just say I have no comment about the DailyKos story.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #90 on: August 30, 2008, 11:18:36 PM »

Looking at an image on Google Maps... color me unimpressed by Wasilla. Exurb by Alaska standards is not exurb by California standards. It's not a "bush village", but it's certainly not a location of any significance whatsoever.

Unrelated to the topic at hand, I know, other than the most recent post. Let's just say I have no comment about the DailyKos story.

To each his own, I suppose.  Wasilla is a location of significance by Alaska standards - it's the official starting point for the Iditarod.   The Mat-Su Borough is the third-largest municipality in the state, and Wasilla is the largest city in the Borough.

Anyway, my main point was that there's no reason to believe that a hospital in a region of 80,000 people would be so bad that a woman would have to go to Anchorage to give birth.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2008, 11:37:39 PM »

OK, they say that Sarah Palin doesn't look pregnant.  But, if their whole timeline is correct, Bristol would be 7 months pregnant at the time of that picture, andshe doesn't look 7 months pregnant (honestly, shoe looks normal, just a little bit of a belly, like a LOT of teenage girls.

Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #92 on: August 31, 2008, 12:16:11 AM »

This thread is still alive?

And I see that J.J. is trying to benefit from faux outrage.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2008, 12:17:40 AM »

OK, they say that Sarah Palin doesn't look pregnant.  But, if their whole timeline is correct, Bristol would be 7 months pregnant at the time of that picture, andshe doesn't look 7 months pregnant (honestly, shoe looks normal, just a little bit of a belly, like a LOT of teenage girls.

Neither of them looks pregnant to me.

Like I said, Bristol looks like a normal 16 year-old w/ a little baby fat.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #94 on: August 31, 2008, 12:27:24 AM »

Like I said, Bristol looks like a normal 16 year-old w/ a little baby fat.

I agree.

Plus, and try not to think of me as a pervert here, her breasts don't look much bigger than this picture:

If she were 7 months pregnant, her breasts would be decently bigger.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #95 on: August 31, 2008, 12:29:28 AM »

Then that leaves the daughter to the immediate left of Palin. SHE is the true mother
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #96 on: August 31, 2008, 12:33:28 AM »

Plus, and try not to think of me as a pervert here, her breasts don't look much bigger than this picture:

If she were 7 months pregnant, her breasts would be decently bigger.

I'm not trying to argue to you that this girl was pregnant. I just don't understand how Sarah could have been based on all of the visual evidence. I've never seen a woman that far along without even a hint of showing.

There are stories like that all the time (although usually it's with teens).
Thomas Jackson
ghostmonkey

Political Matrix
E: 8.77, S: 8.79

« Reply #97 on: August 31, 2008, 01:04:19 AM »

AHEM.

J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #98 on: August 31, 2008, 01:09:34 AM »

I've known several women (one in her seventh pregnancy) who never showed until her 8th or 9th month, if at all.  All were not big to start with.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #99 on: August 31, 2008, 01:10:39 AM »

Politics of CHANGE
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies