Interesting DailyKos article about Palin
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:49:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Interesting DailyKos article about Palin
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: Interesting DailyKos article about Palin  (Read 13605 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2008, 05:32:16 PM »

This is definitely a formula for winning the hearts and minds of the American people.

A red herring.

If this is true, it calls into question Palin's judgment and her claim of having strong family values.

But I guess the American people have no right to know if she is lying, right? She's only going to be the vice president, who gives a ****, right?

Whatever rocks your boat, cowboy.  I suggest that you should keep promoting this.  You and fernie and Markos and the crew over there.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2008, 05:33:14 PM »

Even if this were true, this is so beyond not our business.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2008, 05:33:33 PM »

If this is true, Palin is history.  I would be the first to call for her political execution.

But, of course, I think the idea is a load of crap.

I can only hope the DNC runs ads accusing her of this.  The best strategy for the Dems is to never mention the name of Sarah Palin.  She is going to be like the Incredible Hulk - the more you jack with her, the bigger she gets.

I think the obvious truth is that the woman is a phenom of beauty and health, and wanted to get back to work as soon as possible after the birth in April because she was in talks with the McCain camp and didn't want to blow her shot because she sensed that McCain thought the world of her.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2008, 05:34:37 PM »
« Edited: August 30, 2008, 05:36:13 PM by Torie »

This story is ed up, for lack of a better term.  If Sarah Palin covered up for her pregnant daughter, that is ed up.  If Sarah Palin is not the mother but Todd Palin is still the father, then that is really ed up.

This is why women do not belong in politics.  Feminism and the trends of the day may bring them to the legislative field, but Nature always compels them back to the bedroom.

Ya, like Maggie Thatcher, and Golda Meir (sp) and that Bhutto woman, and the Ghandi woman, and Merkel - all just sex toys, pretending to play the game of politics. But if you were talking about the Breck Girl, you may have a point!
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2008, 05:35:41 PM »

Even if this were true, this is so beyond not our business.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2008, 05:36:16 PM »

If this is true, Palin is history.  I would be the first to call for her political execution.

Eh...I think it could go either way. Part of me worries that you're right and we take a huge hit but I also think that people would be sympathetic. I will say again that I would be offended by the lie (even if it isn't a real issue in the campaign) but would move on.

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2008, 05:36:51 PM »

\
By the way, since I don't feel like reading through all of that article, someone please tell me how they think Palin's daughter got in and out of a hospital, gave birth and covered up every loose end?

Here's something to go on anyway:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

A lot of folks needed to be in on the fraud, falsifying the birth papers and the lot.  The hospital and the doctors could lose their license. In a word, it's ludicrous.

I don't think people are claiming that birth certificates were falsified. Sarah could have adopted Trig, if Trig is in fact her grandson.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2008, 05:37:35 PM »

I don't think people are claiming that birth certificates were falsified. Sarah could have adopted Trig, if Trig is in fact her grandson.

And the child was adopted with no paperwork? Interesting concept.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2008, 05:38:35 PM »

I can only hope the DNC runs ads accusing her of this.  The best strategy for the Dems is to never mention the name of Sarah Palin.  She is going to be like the Incredible Hulk - the more you jack with her, the bigger she gets.

I think the obvious truth is that the woman is a phenom of beauty and health, and wanted to get back to work as soon as possible after the birth in April because she was in talks with the McCain camp and didn't want to blow her shot because she sensed that McCain thought the world of her.

Obviously the DNC would need more evidence.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2008, 05:40:05 PM »

Where did you dig this out of?  If you want to take the low road to politics, that's fine with me, but if you want to win, you would think of some other strategy.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2008, 05:41:06 PM »

Well someone should run down to the recorder's office in Alaska to obtain the birth certificate. And a court record search should reveal the  adoption papers. It is odd the press didn't pick up the adoption petition. What happened to the father by the way?  Anyone with a clue about the law, knows this could not happen in secret.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2008, 05:41:07 PM »

Obviously the DNC would need more evidence.

you'll never see the DNC touch this, just like you'll never see John McCain say openly that Obama is a Muslim. Nevertheless, the e-mail and talk radio smear campaign has been devastatingly effective. The same thing could happen here with e-mails and the blogosphere.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2008, 05:42:35 PM »

Furthermore, if this were true...why the HECK would Palin accept the VP slot knowing that everything in her and her family's past was going to be put underneath a microscope?

doesn't pass the sniff test
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2008, 05:43:29 PM »

It is almost beyond comprehension that people here are promoting this smear.

I also read on DailyKos that 9/11 was an inside job.  They had lots and lots of "proof."
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2008, 05:44:03 PM »

I just heard this.  Obama is really his own stepbrother.  He was brought into the United States in a bed warmer.  He was really born in Kenya and his mother was Princess Maraget.  He's heir to the Throne, but not eligble to be President.  McCain wins by default.  Roll Eyes
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2008, 05:44:11 PM »

...women ...Nature always compels them back to the bedroom.

Hah, you wish.

I like this story because it reminds us how crazy are these religious.  And they breed like rabbits!
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2008, 05:45:35 PM »

I also read on DailyKos that 9/11 was an inside job.  They had lots and lots of "proof."

^^^^^^
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2008, 05:45:40 PM »

Furthermore, if this were true...why the HECK would Palin accept the VP slot knowing that everything in her and her family's past was going to be put underneath a microscope?

doesn't pass the sniff test

Why did John Edwards run for President  in 2008 despite his recent affair?
Why did Richard Nixon run for re-election in 1972 despite his involvement in Watergate?
Why was Harriet Miers nominated by Bush?
Why was Eagleton nominated in 1972?

If someone said that, they were just some random lunatic, and not representative of the site.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2008, 05:46:51 PM »

It turns out that there is currently a DailyKos diary on the recommended list arguing against this, so this probably won't go anywhere.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/8/30/1744/30665/178/580523
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2008, 05:47:23 PM »

If someone said that, they were just some random lunatic, and not representative of the site.

I often describe you that way to curious visitors to the forum.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2008, 05:52:31 PM »

It was actually widespread enough a problem that DailyKos eventually had to come up with a zero-tolerance rule on such diaries and posts, because they were worried about people associating that crackpot garbage with the site.

It looks like DailyKos is going the same direction with this smear too—good for them.  It's just so patently offensive and unbelievable to most people (for good reason) that it makes them look like absolute trash for suggesting it.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2008, 05:53:08 PM »

I often describe you that way to curious visitors to the forum, too, Phil.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2008, 05:53:31 PM »

Agreed.

Anywho, I read the Daily Kos article regarding Palin's latest pregnancy. It was an interesting read to say the least. Whilst it does seem convincing with the large abundance of research put into this article, I don't believe it, primarily because its on the Daily Kos website Wink. FOX News is more reliable than Kos.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2008, 05:54:01 PM »

I often describe you that way to curious visitors to the forum, too, Phil.

I think I smell some love in the air...

Wink
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2008, 05:55:18 PM »

Again, I can only hope the Dems take this theory public and accuse Mrs. American Pie and her 16 year old daughter.

It would be a WIN-WIN.  If true, then we could all throw the liar overboard.  If false, then we could all hand Sarah Palin the keys to the Whitehouse for the next 16 years!  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies